Old 04-30-2019, 12:34 AM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 501
Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Faindel View Post
...Gain control of the swamps and coasts that connect the land to the sea, that's the only part he is really interested in..
We may have to fight for the coasts. Maybe we can split them up.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:41 AM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2789
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
Don't forget about our also nautically themed dear sister Saleen, between us 3, she may yet hold the best claim of all

Still, the first step towards reclaiming any and all coasts is to rid them of Elijah's influence of course, so we may want to keep at it together at least till then.
Old 04-30-2019, 01:11 AM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 501
Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas
Well, she seems to be missing. It seems awfully goofy to turn the coastlands over to someone who nearly drowned.

I think we can get an agreement between them if we're accepted. Maybe we'll have to turn on each other, but maybe it'll work out otherwise.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:57 AM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3399
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
My apologies to anyone who was waiting for notes. I didn't get them finished yesterday. I hope to wrap them up this evening.
Old 05-02-2019, 02:38 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1298
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
No worries Numen!

I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Old 05-02-2019, 04:40 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Application notes, Round 2Everyone: You still have time to wrap things up. At earliest 5/5 11:59, but it's not an absolute deadline (yet). I'll make a post before I close things.

tomplum: I don't see an update since previous notes.

KhamLuc: Got Slide's info. Thanks!

Stormhammer: I don't see an update since previous notes.

voodoozombie: Looking forward to the application. Feel free to PM with any questions.

Harkness: I don't see an update since previous notes.

RadarD: I like the way you're thinking. Apparently some of the other applicants do too.

Jim Faindel: Good edits. Thanks for the flexibility. PM sent.

Hiruma Kohaku: I don't see an update since previous notes.

Nikolas: I like it a lot. PM sent.

Odyssey: Good updates. I like the interaction with other applicants.

TomBombadil: Good concept. Could you expand on the priest you owe your life to (a light outline would be fine)?

MoldyNolds: I like the concept and the vague ending. I don't need to know yet, but think about which of your siblings might make sense for you to have tied in with to be brought into the action. I'd suggest picking a few possibilites in case someone doesn't make it to the game.

EVERYONE: This is going to be a hard and disastrous cull. Disastrous in that I can't take everyone. I just don't have the time to commit to that big of a game. There's not a single bad application in this thread.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:10 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 521
TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil
Ok I updated my app and added more details on Cyrus, the priest that Kyris owes his life to.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:54 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBombadil View Post
Ok I updated my app and added more details on Cyrus, the priest that Kyris owes his life to.
Looks great. Thanks.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:19 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 123
Empress Moth Empress Moth
The QuillName - Tranquility "Quill" Varisdaughter
Race - Tiefling
Class - Bard (College of Whispers)
Background - Guild Artisan (Cartographer and Scribe)

Ideal - My word is my bond. Those who know me know that my promise is worth more than gold.
Bond - I have no respect for my liar of a father, and everything I do is to prove I am greater than he.
Flaw - I am never satisfied with what I have, and always want more.
Personality - I am quick to carry a grudge and slow to let it go.
Personality - I have a phobia of being alone in the dark or in wide, open spaces.

Appearance - When Quill inherited the Curse, it affected her terribly. Black, curved, ribbed ram's horn sprout from her head. Her tattooed skin takes on a sickly gray pallour. Her eyes have no white scalera, but are instead a solid yellow. All of these are common to tieflings. But Quill's pupils are a thin black line, like a goats, just as her legs morph into furry hooves from the knees down. Perhaps worst of all, her vocal chords are mangled, stuck between that of a human and an animal. Quill must choose between bleating and yelling like a farm animal, or a cracked, pained whisper if she wishes to speak. For the most part, Quill chooses to use hand gestures or simply writing down her words to make her point.

The tiefling has long, straight black hair, parting around her horns. She dresses more fashionably than most commoners, given the purse at her hip being larger than most by half, but is by no means a noble, nor is she particularly invested in her appearance. However, Quill spends significant coin and time tending to her hands. After all, Quill is a scribe who spends almost all of her days staring at them. Manicures, creams, and ointments are all used to keep her gray hands soft and supple, and her nails perfectly shaped and trimmed.

Bacstory -

“There exists, for everyone, a sentence - a series of words - that has the power to destroy you. Another sentence exists, another series of words, that could heal you. If you're lucky you will get the second.

...but you can be certain of getting the first.”

~ Philip K. Dick

Words are power.

Quill understood that from an early age. While not born mute per se, she had been born destined to be ignored and overlooked, unable to speak. She would never achieve the eloquence of an orator.

At first, Quill considered herself in some ways lucky. She had often heard her mother lament ever lying with Quill's father, Vari. "He promised to look out for us, my dear," she would always say. "But his promise turned out to be worthless."

"No, not worthless, mother." Tranquility knew better. "It was a lie, but it was worth enough to get what he really wanted." That being, a night with a tavern wench too star-struck to see Vari for the womanizer he was. Quill would never treat promises for more than they were worth: transient air, there for a moment and then gone forever. Quill's promises were always remembered... they lingered on a piece of parchment. Any promise she made, no matter how small, became a contract, given to the other as evidence of Tranquility's word. As a child, this was a lesson.

But as an adult, it became a profession. Tranquility's word was unbreakable, and everyone she had ever done business with knew that. Not a single word on Quill's part was flippant, not a single drop of ink wasted, and word traveled. If Quill said she could write you a speech to make everyone at your best friend's wedding cry, it was no hyperbole... she would deliver. If she said she could write a bard a song to double his tips any time he played it, he would not end up a single copper piece short of what was promised.

And after some time, Tranquility realized she had been wrong. Speech itself did not make the orator great. Being a mute did not make her someone to be ignored. The words are what hold the power, and the conviction behind them. A speaker could sway a crowd. But if Tranquility were to write something great... something immaculate... she could sway a nation.

Her mother had always said that Vari was a king. "You're royalty, my darling. And the whole world will know it one day."

Her father was a king? A fine achievement, considering that Vari was, at heart, nothing more than a liar. Quill could do better. She would.

Quill smiles. She will become an empress.

Last edited by Empress Moth; 05-06-2019 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Edit past deadline: Reiterating subclass and unsecreting a WIP section. No other edits were made or will be made.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:40 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1298
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
@Empress Moth. That's a neat take!! I really like the concept of Quill

I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Old 05-03-2019, 01:46 PM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2789
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
It's unique alright, flying against archetype yet seemingly sticking the landing
Competition is really growing fierce!
@Nikolas you may want to answer those pms in order to improve our chances
Old 05-03-2019, 02:21 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 123
Empress Moth Empress Moth
@Odyssey, Jim - I appreciate that very much, thank you
Old 05-03-2019, 02:24 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
College of Whispers is fine. I’m in transit. Will actually read the rest of that application and provide feedback later today.
Old 05-04-2019, 03:29 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 726
Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64
Sounds interesting! Here is my application:

BraugName – Braug Prowlson
Race – Half-Orc
Class – Fighter (Battlemaster)
Background - Soldier
Alignment - Lawful Neutral

Ideal – Ideologies aren’t worth keeping grudges over; today’s enemy might be tomorrow’s paymaster.
Bond – Good soldiers are worth their weight in gold. Soldiers slaughtering civilians aren’t worth remembering after they are put down.
Flaw – I don’t really trust anyone except myself. I’m touchy about my honor being questioned.
Personality – Braug will take the spoils of battle but won’t torment civilians or prisoners; such idiocy breeds hatreds that can get you a knife in the back. He enjoys a good fight in the pits but avoids tavern brawls…usually. He is a pragmatist by nature. His word is important to him but sadism and pointless cruelty by an employer could cause him to break a contract. He is slow to get attached to people as he knows how quickly death can find anyone during a war.

Appearance - His brown hair and relatively pale skin coloration show little of his orcish heritage, though the red flecks in his irises, the sharp ears, and a jawbone twice the size of a human’s shows that the fiery blood of an orc is in him. At almost six and a half feet, he is well built though not as stocky or muscular as most half-orcs. He has a thick neck and a large nose that has obviously been broken many times.

- I have taken the Oath of Sangus!

Last edited by Solitaire64; 05-05-2019 at 04:11 AM.
Old 05-04-2019, 02:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1477
RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD
This past week was busier than expected. If I get in ill write up some potential interactions with whoever else gets in over the next week.
Good luck everyone.