RPXP: 943
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
Great ... I let a mark here to return with a cool concept
Old 05-08-2019, 10:37 AM
neighbor to the beast.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11489
goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal
Welcome everyone. Not a big rush, there are a few weeks left.

It’s fine to use the NPCs in your apps. Looking forward to reading them.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:36 AM
Support Main

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 498
Feldring Feldring Feldring Feldring Feldring
Hey there, folks! If you’ve already applied to this game, you could join Valornor, Jim Faindel, and me over in this OOC thread so can simulate combat together.

It will be fun!
Old 05-08-2019, 05:03 PM
neighbor to the beast.

Tools
User Statistics
goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldring View Post
Hey there, folks! If you’ve already applied to this game, you could join Valornor, Jim Faindel, and me over in this OOC thread so can simulate combat together.

It will be fun!
Thanks for getting this started. Anyone who hasn’t gotten in on the first round yet, there is still plenty of opportunity to keep doing this throughout the application process. Feel free to throw out an interest check in this thread when you are ready.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:47 AM
neighbor to the beast.

Tools
User Statistics
If anyone wants to check out another explanation for the quick combat method, Mythrandir has shared one here (with my blessing).
Old 05-09-2019, 01:01 PM
neighbor to the beast.

Tools
User Statistics
Hey everyone, just a heads up that I’m entering the busy part of my week and might not get a chance to check in and answer questions until the weekend.
In the meantime, if you haven’t yet feel free to jump into the discussion about forming a group for the combat simulation. The first group is just wrapping up, so another group could pick a different encounter. As long as you've decided on your class, abilities, and hp for 3rd level you can feel free to participate.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:06 AM
Aku Soku Zan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 205
Darth Saitou Darth Saitou Darth Saitou
can i get a place holder until i come up with a character idea
Old 05-10-2019, 09:34 AM
neighbor to the beast.

Tools
User Statistics
Welcome, Darth.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:05 AM
neighbor to the beast.

Tools
User Statistics
I went ahead and made one of those tables to keep track of applications in the application thread here. I'm not including anyone who hasn't at least put up a WIP character idea there yet.

Also, the first batch of combat testing wrapped up this morning. I think there will be some of those participants who would be willing to jump in and help out with the next batch whenever anyone else is ready to try it out. You don't need to have your entire backstory figured out before giving it a try, just abilities and hit points.

Last edited by goatmeal; 05-11-2019 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:16 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 815
Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil
Join us, one and all, for exciting combat in the Quick Combat system! Here's the link to join up with a party: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...12#post8395571
And here's a link explaining the new system: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=188071
Don't be shy, there's plenty of fighting for everyone. From personal experience, it's a bit tricky at first but super fun.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:17 PM
Support Main

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 498
Feldring Feldring Feldring Feldring Feldring
What's the good word, folks? A few of us have just had a successful trial of the quick combat mechanics, and would love to do another test run. If anyone who's expressed interest already would like to jump in, finish up your app and make a post here to join the party.

If you'd like to read more about the quick combat mechanics, besides what Goatmeal has explained at the beginning of this advertisement, check those out here.

It's a lot of fun, and it's an extra cool way to give your character a spin around the block before taking them out on the highway, so to speak. I hope you'll join us.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:18 PM
neighbor to the beast.

Tools
User Statistics
I could probably just go with those who have done the quick combat already, but I’m waiting for a few reasons.
I did say I would wait until at least the 21st, and realistically I won’t have time to run a game prior to that anyways.
There are some people I’ve gamed with before who have indicated interest but not applied yet. There are medical reasons for the wait.
It’s possible that I will be able to run more than a single game, based on how things play out.
On the other hand, I’m considering giving XP in the game for the combat simulations people complete in the application process. Not 100% sure on this yet, but it’s definitely under consideration…
Old 05-11-2019, 11:59 PM
Dragon-obsessed Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2106
AlphaP AlphaP AlphaP AlphaP AlphaP AlphaP AlphaP AlphaP AlphaP AlphaP AlphaP
Finally had some time to start getting together an application. I'll try to finish it up over the next week as well as get into a group.

Posting rate will return to normal shortly. Just moved into college, so still trying to balance that out
Old 05-12-2019, 09:47 AM
neighbor to the beast.

Tools
User Statistics
If you have the mechanics done, it might not be a bad idea to go ahead and do a combat now. It looks like there is enough interest in doing so, and it’s not a part of the application you can necessarily cram at the last minute, as others are participating as well. Also, if you try it out and don’t like it then you haven’t wasted a lot of time on the rest of the application for a character you won’t end up wanting to play.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:38 PM
neighbor to the beast.

Tools
User Statistics
I've added a sticky to the combat simulation thread with a bit more details on how it should work. Please feel free to check it out and start your combat simulations in the next few days.