RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-04-2019, 04:29 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17517
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
No homebrew modifications or tweaks to existing classes please.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:36 PM
Evil kitten

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4432
KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat
I will admit, I am intrigued. Since I am on vacation this week and as my other current game is slow moving at the moment... That being said, silly questions.

1) Cost on items. If you can craft it yourself, does that count against the 15.5k cap for items? I will admit, there are a few toys I am kinda drooling over. And on the subject... Does Nobility impact the starting gold/cap?

2) Any particular taboos in your world/setting that one should be aware of? Racism/sexism/homophobia? Any particular characters you would prefer people not apply with?

3) Rollplay to roleplay ratio you are shooting for?

4) Will you be providing feedback to people to assist them in refining their characters?

Thank you very much.
-Kelly

Consider nominating someone yourself when they do an amazing job! Nominate here!
Old 05-04-2019, 05:58 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyCat View Post
I will admit, I am intrigued. Since I am on vacation this week and as my other current game is slow moving at the moment... That being said, silly questions.

1) Cost on items. If you can craft it yourself, does that count against the 15.5k cap for items? I will admit, there are a few toys I am kinda drooling over. And on the subject... Does Nobility impact the starting gold/cap?
No pre-game crafting discounts, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyCat
2) Any particular taboos in your world/setting that one should be aware of? Racism/sexism/homophobia? Any particular characters you would prefer people not apply with?
Giants and their kin Goblins, Orcs, Hobgoblins, Ogres, etc... are widely disliked. Most tend to be slaves though some are freed slaves. No other prejudices stand out. Obviously evil races will have trouble though creativity can provide ins.

Quote:
3) Rollplay to roleplay ratio you are shooting for?
Heavy Role Play. Probably 2 to 1 ratio. Depends on player choices

Quote:
4) Will you be providing feedback to people to assist them in refining their characters?
I am not fond of giving feedback. I can if the quality seems promising and I have time.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:00 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10614
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
Hey Leo, long time no see. Color me interested.

Old 05-04-2019, 06:19 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
Hail Blackfyre!

Old 05-04-2019, 06:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2433
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Old 05-04-2019, 07:16 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Sellus
I liked what I read and I have an idea what to play.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:14 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Gollum
This is intriguing. Would you consider a first time Pathfinder player?
Old 05-04-2019, 08:39 PM
Back in green

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9854
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoByron View Post
1- This is a PF game, therefore, we are using the PF point buy system. I left the door open to some 3.5 material to be included on a case-by-case basis, but the chassis remains Pathfinder.
I asked because 40 points is a ton of points in pathfinder point by. Was wondering whether I should be looking at classes that can really focus in on one ability score or if I could go some direction that would require a larger number of strong stats. Either way it's a lot of points, now that I think of it, so I should be fine regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoByron View Post
4- Mostly outdoors so mounted combat will often be possible. Keep in mind we begin in late winter and snow creates a lot of difficult terrain.
Noted. At least if my horse breaks a leg I can just cast some cure spell on it rather than putting it down
Old 05-04-2019, 08:57 PM
This Guy!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10339
JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons
It's a ton of points DukeofTuring, but the game is quite challenging.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:09 PM
MoonZar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21421
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
You are rebooting or simply looking for replacement characters?
Old 05-04-2019, 09:35 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
Rebooting completely
Old 05-04-2019, 09:50 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 322
MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise
A New Heir

IonkName: Ionk.
Race: Ogrekin.
Class: Bloodrager 10.
Alignment: Chaotic good.
Appearance: Ionk is very attractive by ogre standards. Unfortunately, what ogres find attractive, most other races find disgusting and deformed. Ionk is deformed in general, his blue eyes are sunken into his head, stopping him from seeing too well. He wears his stringy brown hair in 5 pigtails in various areas of his head. He is very muscular, and many usually find him intimidating until they see how much of a baby he can be. His nose is bulbous, and his entire face is covered in large pimples and other growths.
When bloodraging he takes the form of his ancestor Sir Matthias Serichio. His face turns to a noble human visage, boasting features that make most women (and quite a few men,) swoon. His arms are equally muscular, but they have no weird angles or extra joints. His teeth change from the disgusting things they usually are into pearly white beacons of good and beauty. His silky brown hair is suddenly way less greasy, and is pulled back into an elegant ponytail.
Personality: Ionk is friendly, but not too bright. He loves hugs, animals, food, and he gets along well with pretty much anyone.

Background Sir Matthias Serichio was a hero from long ago. He was a powerful man who slayed dragons and found ancient treasures. He died fighting for the empire in the Millenial war, but not before he had been married and sired a child. His descendants live in luxury, competing to become the heir to his legacy. There were some rumours about a previous marriage to an ogre warlord's daughter, but no proof of it has been found.
Ionk was born into a family of ogrekin to the north. He grew up frolicking with the other ogre children, and his tribe generally had good relations with the trolls. The other children made fun of him because whenever he got angry he would turn into some ugly human man. He was always bullied, even by his 15 siblings and occasionally his parents. Other than the bullying, his life was happy. Until the rest of the tribe decided that his family should be punished for siring such an ugly child with a weird ugly human face. They descended upon their hovel during the night and killed all of Ionk's family. He barely escaped, running away crying in the dark and the cold until he reached the gates of Likely a few months before the Empire abandoned itValejo.
The guards were very surprised to see what they thought was the long dead hero Sir Serichio. They let him right into the heart of the settlement (even though he was talking funny,) but soon enough his bloodrage ended. They saw him for what he was, a very malformed ogrekin with limited intelligence. But they could not deny his obvious relation to Serichio. He had the same eye colour, and bore a signet ring of the family, a gift from his Pappy, who had gotten it from his pappy before him. The Serichios currently living in Valejo were forced to take the smelly manchild in, and were forced to accept that he was a potential heir, especially since he was descended from Serichio's now confirmed first marriage.
For the next few months Ionk lived with his extended family who got more and more annoyed with him. He trashed the manor, ate the pets, and insisted on giving hugs to everyone he met. He cried over everything and refused to throw out his rotting stuffed mountain lion. When the empire pulled back, the Serichio's decided to use their new relative in a way that would be convenient for them. They forced him to answer the Mayor's bid for help. If he succeeded in saving them, then they would be safe. And if he died along the way, they could get to work repairing their reputation.
Currently playing as: [tt=Tandid]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79511[/tt] | [tt=Vias]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79978[/tt] |[tt=Ogeaglial ]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79803[/tt]
Running: Prejudice's Desperation.

Last edited by MurderInParidise; 05-05-2019 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:42 PM
Back in green

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9854
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
More questions
  • How long ago (approximately) did the empire cut itself off from the north? I get the impression it was pretty recently
  • How does the empire feel about it's soldiers retiring? I know conscription was mentioned and the empire's a pretty autocratic place, but are there voluntary soldiers as well who could (legally) quit once their commitment is up? What about any armed forces of the smaller building blocks of the empire (kingdoms, city states)?
  • Are these barbarian tribes composed of greenskins and giants? Or are they more "normal" humanoids who exist outside the empire and don't mind raiding it for loot?
  • Are trolls known to be part of the greenskin-giant group or would that just be paranoid speculation?
Old 05-05-2019, 05:09 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Madison Parker Madison Parker
Malice the Drow

Name: Malice
Race: Drow
Class(es): Wizard(Necromancer)
Intended Role: Minion Master
Alignment: Lawful/True Neutral

Physical Description: 5'4" 119 pounds Long wavy White hair, Ruby Red eyes. Malice is usually dressed in Normal clothing or finely crafted robes, Her typical color scheme is shades of purples, black and grays. She is often seen wielding a quarterstaff which she has adopted as a walking stick!

Personality: Cold, Cruel, Selfish, Manipulative, deceptive, alluring, seductive. Are some of the basic ways people often describe Malice. The Drowess has little friends do to her nature, But her allure and masterful ways of seduction guarantee she keeps those she values in some form close. Her adversaries always on their toes as Malice has ways to control elements of her confrontations. Her deception often showcased in her rare interactions with the followers of Corellon. Unlike most of the Spider Queens followers whom are Clerical in nanture, Malice opted to follow the arcane ways though her loyalty and devotion to Lolth is no less undying or fervent than that of the others!

Background: Malice practices all the rules, laws and ways of her kind. Though unlike her mother who was a famed high priestess of the Spider Queen Lolth, She decided that despite her venerating of Lolth she did not feel that taking up training under the temple was for her, Instead she decided to take more after her nanny who was a wizard, Starting at a young age Malice became the apprentice of her nanny learning the arcane ways, Though as soon as she had learned the basics she became deeply fascinated with life, death and the undeath of the world and her studies soon turned even darker as she began mastering the ways of Necromancy. Once she learned all she could from her mentor Malice ask and was granted Lolth's favor and permission to venture to the surface to further her studies which she would surely use to aid the Spider Queen however her patron Deity asked of her. Malice searched long and hard once reaching the surface where she eventually found a new mentor, one who too specialized in the ways of Necromancy. He agreed to teach Malice what he knew in exchange for her services whenever they were needed which Malice agreed to, Though in the back of her mind she knew once he was of no further use to her she would probably end kill him. With that thought always on the back of her mind she continued to train under her new mentor, carrying out trivial tasks as requested though slowly growing irritated and annoyed, Malice would not allow her desires to send him to the depths of the nine hells to prevent her advancement in her studies however, Though the day would come she would send him to meet his maker would inevitably come.

The need to know about Malice
  • Malice under order from Lolth is using the animosity across the land to make a push for more control
  • Correllon partially aware of Lolth's intentions through conversations with their children Vaehraun and Elistrae.
  • Malice too up apprenticing under the Human people only called "Scorch" to further her Necromantic Studies.
  • Unknown to "Scorch" Malice had long planned his death. She would wait until the day he was of no longer any use to her!
  • Malice let's her hatred towards surfaces races cause an awful lot of Tavern Brawls.
  • Do not take Her Silence for acceptance, Think of it as she is probably trying to stab me in the back, Cause she probably is!
  • Malice is neither for or against either faction though Her and all of Lolth's Legions would manipulate both sides often playing double and triple agents amongst the feuding parties.

Last edited by Madison Parker; 05-13-2019 at 12:00 AM.