RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-10-2019, 11:59 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1909
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoByron View Post
Please include a link to your application in your post when you let me know that it is complete. Thank you.
It's on this same page at the top. How do I do a link?
Old 05-10-2019, 12:04 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8338
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34 View Post
It's on this same page at the top. How do I do a link?
Right click on the post number and copy the link. Then click the world with the chain and paste it in the pop up box. Some people have different number of posts per page which is why including a link is helpful.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 572
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Jiro is as complete as he can be without a sheet.
Old 05-10-2019, 04:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Done

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...23#post8392223
Old 05-10-2019, 04:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimmy View Post
Right click on the post number and copy the link. Then click the world with the chain and paste it in the pop up box. Some people have different number of posts per page which is why including a link is helpful.
thanks!
Old 05-10-2019, 04:43 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Sellus Sellus
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...42#post8388342
Ready for review!
Old 05-10-2019, 04:53 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2551
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Felix is complete.
Family emergency, think i have PM'ed all the games i am in but just in case i will put it here as well. I am currently in a medical center with a family member. Posting will be slow to nonexistent for the near future.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:40 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 257
Banewolf Banewolf Banewolf
Nava is also complete. The background may also be a bit of a roleplay sample.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:55 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Madison Parker Madison Parker
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=80414 Malice could use a quick review!
Old 05-10-2019, 10:49 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18307
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Perfect, thank you every one. The table is updated. I'll go over these when I have time and may give some feedback if I feel it is needed.
Old 05-11-2019, 03:52 AM
Cynical Idealist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 713
auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie
Application complete!

Thanks for telling me how to link it!
Old 05-11-2019, 10:31 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8328
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Xi Hao
Race: Nagaji
Class(es): First Mother's Fang Cavalier 10/brawler, vigilante, or tetori monk 10. Hard to decide but I'll get there.
Intended Role: Battlefield Control and a bit of face.
Physical Description: When most think of a Nagaji warrior they think of a lithe killing machine with a cold, reptilian detachment and then they meet Xi. Just over six feet and weighing in at nearly three hundred pounds the man has heavy muscle on his limbs but sports a fair amount of flab on his midsection. His most striking feature to most is his genetic mutation, protoalbanism that has left him with emerald green eyes and vibrant white skin. His armor is decorated with elaborate etchings of constrictors curling down arms and across his chest. His helmet has a curled snake going up the back with its head resting on his forehead. The face plate is a stylized ideal of Nagaji feminine features that are based upon that of the First Mother, the queen for his region of the Empire.

Forever at his side is a snake of overwhelming size that the man refers to as Brother. Brother bears a thick collar around his neck and sports an impressive array of poles and nets upon his back to always be ready should Xi need them. The snake shares the same mutation with Xi and it's clear the Nagaji has not wasted his brother's sheddings as the various poles are all gripped in white scale.
Personality: Kind in times of peace and merciful in times of war Xi has always had his peoples best interest at heart and he has been well rewarded for it. As a mayor for a small town he has had to learn how to carefully address issues so as to find the most equitable resolution for all involved and while he would never claim to be a wise man it has made him more considerate than he would have thought possible.

Among his citizens he is known for his light touch and strong devotion to justice. A criminal is always ensured a fair trial within his lands and often times he is the one who has to bring them in. While he has a hefty ax and a good bow there is little to fear from him as he prefers the wide array of manipoles and nets to more lethal options. When he finds the time to himself Xi can be found playing games with Brother, usually playing fetch as one would with a dog.

Background: Born to a pair of political advisors to the queen there was never any doubt that Xi would live a blessed life of excess... until he was born. His parents saw the color of his scales as an I'll omen and entrusted him to the care of the Queen's guard, the First Mother's Fangs. His early childhood was spent training in both physical combat and the running of a town. The Fangs served many purposes but the two most important functions are as guardians of the Queen's lands and public servants to extend the power of the Queen to the farthest corners of her land and Xi took to both better than any could have expected. He was the first of his clutch to be given an ascension test, which he passed, and the first to be given a location to govern.

When he first took over the administration of the little village most people who had the option left, fearing the bad luck he represented, but he didn't let it hurt him. After a year had passed a few came back having heard of both his dedication and his skill at leading from those who had remained. In five years the town was bustling with life and in ten it was more prosperous than it ever had been. Now in his early thirties he has been given his next task for the crown, one he will likely not return from. The letter came in the mail letting him know he was needed far to the North to fight a war for people who don't know him in the hopes that he can tip the scale and stop and tide from coming to his home.
Alignment: Lawful Good
Blood and sandXi had been under Master Hie's tutelage for as long as he could remember and finally his master had deemed him ready to go into training. Hie had told him he was still younger than most but it mattered little, the young warrior wished to be with others somewhere close to his age and the day had come. The white scaled youth stood in the middle of the pit, the sand sifting between his toes as he gently shifts from side to side, awaiting the rise of the sun and the gathering of the group he was entering into. The morning chill began to recede and Xi heard the shuffling of the other youths coming in from their breakfast. Hie stood at the front of the sand and exchanged grips with another master as the youths filed in. Xi had not yet had a chance to introduce himself when murmuring began, quickly building up to insults.

A boy behind him had none of the subtly of his group, or perhaps none of their hesitance. "Why is this fat cursed one with us? It would be better if someone were to have taken its skull and smashed it against the stones at birth. The First Mother should not be forced to feed and house this blight." The words were vicious but expected, Master Hie had informed Xi that among his kin the color of his scale would mark him and many would fear him for it. The youth walked up to his master and bowed his head. "Master I request permission to provide challenge to the one who calls me a blight. Do I have your permission?" "He has a half dozen years on you Xi, he has more training and the years of growth alone tell me who will win this fight. Why do you seek to die?" "I trust in your training and I seek not death but understanding. I shall show him that I am blessed by the First Mother and the Emperor and not cursed by fate." "So be it. Try to survive. I would hate to have spent so much time on you for you to die so young."

Xi walked back to the boy and bowed in turn. "I challenge you, do you accept?" The older Nagaji simply laughed and waved his fellows away, leaving an open ring in the pit for the two youths to fight. With the difference in age came a substantial difference in height, Xi stood close to the boy's ribs and his arms were less than half the length as the child pulled his fists up near his chest. The older boy came in quickly and snaked a leg around Xi's own and pushed into his chest to slam him into the sand but the boy stood rooted as surely as if he had grown from the sands.

When your foe aims to throw you become rooted as the oak and you shall remain standing. The memory of Master Hie's teachings rang in his ears as if the old man were shouting them at him. As the other boys initial assault was thwarted he used the arm on the child's chest to encircle the boy's throat, attempting to suffocate him slowly. Xi remained calm, Master Hie had held him underwater for minutes at a time and he lived, this child's grip was less frightening than the dark and cold embrace of the well. Xi slammed his hands together around the ears of the older boy and the grip loosened around his throat. The younger warrior put the weight he was so recently ridiculed for to good use and dropped to the ground. He landed between the boy's legs and shot his fist at the crux above him while raising his foot to meet the older boy's nasal slits with all the force the inferior position could muster.

The older boy staggered backwards and Xi used the space afforded him to stand and look at his opponent. "You belittle me because you see in me what you believe your parents saw in you. You can see clearly why my parents abandoned me but what fatal flaw of birth had your parents give you to the First Mother's care? This question breaks you even though you did not know you asked it." The older boy didn't respond with words, his rage was well beyond words. The older boy rushed in and fists began meeting Xi's jaw and chest with the force of a kicking horse. Xi did not block the blows, he couldn't if he wanted to, but he stood through them. When you foe strikes you be as flexible as the willow. As the wind bends the willow so their blows shall bend you but never shall they break you. Master Xi's words echoed through the pain as Xi remembered the strikes of the willow switch upon his back.

The world began to go dark and narrow before him. Another pair of blows landed and it dimmed to the point that all he could see was the other boy pulling back his fist for another strike. The final blow was interrupted by an arrow of white light that struck his throat and quickly wrapped around the entirety of his body. The boy was pulled to the sands as Brother tightened around him, crushing the life from him far faster than he had done to Xi. Xi walked over and tapped Brother who quickly pulled away, the older boy began drawing breath but it was clear he had bones broken from the quick embrace. "I want you to remember this moment and I want you to know two things. The first is when I had the chance to let you die I showed you mercy. The second is that it is not your fault. It was not a failing of yours that led to your abandonment but a failing of your parents. I hope after this we may be friends." The younger child smiled and offered his hand to the older who, through gritted teeth, grabbed it and stood, favoring his left leg and taking narrow breaths to avoid scraping bone along lung. "I think we can be. My name is Xao." "I am Xi." The two boys gripped hands much as their masters had minutes before and the sand between them drank greedily of their blood, turning pink from their mutual loss.

AscencionThe messenger came in the middle of the night, a younger apprentice who likely had only seen ten Summers. The youth woke Xi with a shake of his shoulders and the Nagaji opened one bleary eye to the other youth. "What cant wait till morn?" "Master Hie requires your presence." All hint of reticence evaporated as Xi rose and strode quickly toward the for, leaving a startled apprentice in his wake.

Master Hie sat at his spartan desk in his ascetic room, his sense of decoration encompassed by his favorite spear leaning against the wall and his shield hanging from the cross guard. "You summoned me Master?" "Yes Xi. Please sit down." The youth lowered his shins to the floor and coiled upon them obediently as he awaited the reason for his surprise wake up. "You have been chosen to test for Ascension." "Master I am still two years from my test." "Eighteen summers is merely a standard, it is not unheard of for a Fang to test beforehand and you have been deemed ready." "Perhaps in time of war..." "Do you refuse your test?" "No I am merely confused." "It is not our place to question the First Mother's will. She has deemed you ready and set your test herself." "What is my test master?" "You are to find and defeat an Orcish raider harassing the border towns. He has been on the shores. Should take you a week to get there and you shall fail if you take more than a week from that time to capture or kill him. Your time starts at sunrise."

Master Hie produced a single golden coin and presented it to the youth. "This coin is the only assistance you shall have, all else you must rely upon yourself and your brother. Do me proud and be safe Xi." "Yes Master." The youth took the coin and left the small room, a whistle rent the silent night and and Brother quickly slithered to his side.

The boy ans his snake left well before the sun rose and as the star illuminated the lands they were already in the next town. Xi used his coin to buy parchment, ink, and a quill. The next hour dound him carefully writing out IOU's with the mark of the First Queen's Fangs emblazoned clearly on the front. His first stop after the work was to the nearest messenger post where he obtained a team of horses and a cart without difficulty, only a fool would falsely claim to be a Fang and rumors of the White Fang with his white companion had long before spread to the towns nearest the capital. The youth hitched the horses, had his brother curl up in the cart, and sped away toward the borderlands.

The weeklong trip took two days, the regularly placed messenger outposts giving him fresh horses regularly enough that he was able to safely push them while he traveled. With so little information to go on Xi sought the nearest town to find any rumor of the orc. It did not take long as the name Guroth BloodAx was fresh upon the lips of every citizen young and old, a merchant had been waylaid and lost his entire inventory to the orc a days ride to the north. Xi was given empty boxes, rope, and some tarps from the concerned citizens, their mistrust of a white scale outweighed by the present danger of the orc.

The next three days Xi went up and down the road beside the ocean, appearing to the world as a young merchant trying to make his way in the world. On the third day a shout broke the monotony of the softly churning wheels and clopping of horse hooves on hardened dirt. "Oi, leave the cart and I'll let you live." The voice was gruff and broken, the orcs grasp of the Nagaji language was poor but translated well enough for the intent to get through.

The young warrior stood from his seat and walked in the orcs general direction. The youth saw a line of white slither through the sand down the road just outside of the orcs view. "Hello Guroth, you are a surprisingly easy man to find given how difficult a time you've given the locals. My name is Xi, I must insist you come with me. I have no desire to harm you and if you come peacefully I can urge the magister to be more merciful in his ruling. You have killed innocents so you will never again see freedom but I can at least get you working at a prison where your life will not perpetually be in danger." Xi spoke the common Empirial tongue in the hope that the Orc would not further butcher his own.

"You wan' me to come wit you? Ma always said not to kill the crazies but she also said bein a bandit was a bad idea and look 'ow good I'm doin for meself. Well little snake 'ows about you come stop me?" The bow on the man's back was quickly in his grip, the large orc began to draw and Xi ran directly at him, diving ad the orc loosened his grip. The arrow tore a line of fire along his back but the dive saved it from going through his heart. Nictating membranes sheathed fragile eyes as Xi rose in a whirlwind of sand. The move forced the orc to close his eyes and bought Xi the time he needed to land a heavy kick to the Orcs chest. The orc staggered back but in the blink of an eye the bow was dropped in favor of an ax Xi could only assume was made to behead an oxen in a single strike.

"Better than I expect kid but whoever's sent ye after me signed yer when they sent ye alone. Not sure 'oo ye pissed off but ye shouldn't ave." Xi's grin spread from ear to ear as he walked forward, the glint of light reflecting from glistening scales reflected in his eyes. "You are a fool if you think I am ever alone." The Orc swung the blade and Xi deftly lept over the strike to land another kick to the man's chest. The orc staggered again but this time he had no chance to recover as a white lance erupted from the ocean and struck him in the head, quickly wrapping his body and leaving the orc defenseless. Xi returned to his cart and grabbed a length of rope before walking back, the orcs head turning a deep red as Xi leaned over him. "We could have done this without all the pomp and circumstance. I'll tell the magister you came with me willingly, I dont want your execution on my shoulders. Sleep well and see you soon." A few moments later when the body went limp Brother unwound from the orc and Xi quickly hog tied him, bodily hauling him over and into the cart before aiming the cart back to the capital, enjoying a more sedate pace on the return.

AnointmentXi had turned the orc over to the capitals legal system a week before and since then he had spent most of his time working off the debt he had made to get the horses and the cart, happily loading and unloading goods as the messengers guild required. He knew his Anointment was imminent, the time all Apprentices dreamed of when they got to meet the First Mother and be given her blessing. He returned to his room to find a letter with instructions to go to the palace written in the clean script of Master Hie. Xi scrubbed his scales to glistening before making the short trek from the barracks to the grand hall. When he arrived he was surprised to only find three other people gathered, Master Hie stood halfway to the throne with pride suffusing his from. Standing on either side of the Throne were the Queens elite guard, warriors known simply as the Twin Fangs and lastly upon the Throne sat the Queen herself.

The First Mother was the definition of Nagaji beauty and Xi found his breath stolen as he gazed upon her. She was older than himself, likely near Master Hie in age, but the boy could not take his eyes off her. Master Hie waved him forward and Xi walked mechanically to stand beside his master who smoothly spun to face the throne. "Approach Master and Apprentice." Her voice was smooth and powerful, a voice that brooked no argument but remained warm and inviting.

The two Fangs walked unnerringly to her Throne and when they stood at the first step the Queen rose as the guard on her left produced a bowl and the one on the right produced a blade. The First Mother took the items and walked the short distance to the Fangs. "Xi do you know how We anoint Our fangs?" The young warrior took a moment to swallow and nodded deeply.

"You spill my blood into the bowl and then you use that blood to sign your mark upon my scales." "That is the tradition but from what We have heard you avoid bloodshed where you can so We offer to you an alternative. For you, should you wish it, We shall instead use Our magics to mark you for it seems blasphemous of Us to spill the blood of a merciful heart." "First Mother I do not presume to know the path you should take. I shall joyously receive your blessing however you wish to give it." The First Mother began chanting in a low voice and a moment later she kissed the young warriors forehead before drawing a fang on either side of the mark with her fingers. She smiled as she gazed down upon her work and reflected in her eyes Xi saw her mark shining brilliant silver upon his head. "You shall always be marked thus Our Merciful Fang. Let your conviction and your heart guide you ever upon your path and may you always be Our merciful hand walking Our people upon the proper path." "I will. I swear it upon my soul." The queen merely looked on in her beneficence, only time could tell but she was confident that he would uphold his word."[/b]

Last edited by MundayKnight; 05-30-2019 at 12:13 AM.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:35 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Madison Parker Madison Parker
Formatted my application submission a bit. hope it's more appealing lol
Old 05-12-2019, 07:59 PM
Stingy Black Mage

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 482
loganic loganic loganic loganic loganic
Nelka's sheet is finished. Updated post submission post to include the link.

Last edited by loganic; 05-12-2019 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:01 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8328
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Weird question but any way I could get a weapon enchantment for resizing? Easier than having a half dozen man catchers and nets.