RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-06-2019, 04:13 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1607
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Moldy would you want to collaborate? I have some ideas about what may have brought us together. I likely met with your tribe alongside my mother Harley. She had many dealings between the tribe and Argillon Falls. Your mother talked with mine when I decided to go to the academy and we worked out a trade between people for you and your mother in exchange for Griselda who wanted a more rugged adventurous life. We we're classmates in the academy. What do you think?
Old 05-06-2019, 05:29 PM
PhD in Horribleness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1610
Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister
I'm interested. Girlplay, when you say that you'd like the characters to be heroes, does that mean you'd prefer them unambiguous in their heroism? The western archetype I thought of immediately upon reading was the outlaw who had gone on the straight and narrow, but is haunted by their past. Reading the lore I was picturing an ex-acolyte of Sota, or something along those lines, who found a reason to settle down and do right by others.

Last edited by Sinister; 05-06-2019 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:23 PM
Dripping with Alchemy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1071
MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds
Quote:
Originally Posted by delpinator View Post
Moldy would you want to collaborate? I have some ideas about what may have brought us together. I likely met with your tribe alongside my mother Harley. She had many dealings between the tribe and Argillon Falls. Your mother talked with mine when I decided to go to the academy and we worked out a trade between people for you and your mother in exchange for Griselda who wanted a more rugged adventurous life. We we're classmates in the academy. What do you think?
Classmates makes great sense! I could see them as friendly rivals, always trying to one-up each other in their studies. However, Tember's parents moved to Argillon Falls before she was even born. Harley could certainly have been the diplomat that convinced Tember's parents to pack up and move, though.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:57 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12041
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
I'm interested. Girlplay, when you say that you'd like the characters to be heroes, does that mean you'd prefer them unambiguous in their heroism? The western archetype I thought of immediately upon reading was the outlaw who had gone on the straight and narrow, but is haunted by their past. Reading the lore I was picturing an ex-acolyte of Sota, or something along those lines, who found a reason to settle down and do right by others.
Hi Sinister. I'm for embracing the grey areas of life, especially if it informs a character of who they really want to be. Finding out that the criminal organization that you joined because of the necessity of your situation is involved in the slave trade could be a stark relevation as to what a character can accept and what is just beyond their moral limits. So, if a somewhat dark background establishes something the character wants to fight against or not have as a part of their life, then that's great. In some ways, that can be a much more interesting and compelling reason to prefer a more noble cause than having always believed in it or been indoctrinated into it by a parent or mentor or what-have-you. Sota is a good example, being a god of war. Some people see war as a necessary evil or maybe not evil at all. Everyone wants to win a war. Some people see war as the best solution to a problem. It's sometimes only after somebody's experienced the horrors of war that they realized how horrible it is.

Oh, as an aside, I did have a vague notion that 2 of the city-states to the east reached a ceasefire recently in a 3-year war, if that's helpful to your character background.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:27 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 488
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Curious. If Tritons are common in this dry, dusty land, where do they live? Have they adapted to dry land or are they basically river based?
Old 05-07-2019, 08:22 AM
Creature of the Deep

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3405
Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith
Submitting the app with the understanding that some portions may still need to be edited based on DM approval. On the one hand, happy to talk character relationships and collaborations. On the other, I feel like I'm going to get yelled at if I make this any longer.

Last edited by Nasrith; 05-11-2019 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:23 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14652
Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu
Interested.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:33 AM
Foolish Mortal

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9722
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Would Bladesinger be allowed for a non-elf race?
Old 05-07-2019, 12:41 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by penbeast0 View Post
Curious. If Tritons are common in this dry, dusty land, where do they live? Have they adapted to dry land or are they basically river based?
A small community of Tritons live on the shores of the lake. But yes, it's a somewhat inhospitable environment for Tritons whose main cities lies in the southern shoals where the water is nice and warm.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:43 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huhart View Post
Would Bladesinger be allowed for a non-elf race?
Good question. Let me look into it tonight and get back to you. It might have to be one of those pieces of forgotten more.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:41 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 660
theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster
I know this is not from the approved books, but would the background of archaeologist be allowed? I can always swing a guild merchant in that direction if need be. There are some homemade backgrounds which fit my character concept but want to make sure I'm using the correct material. On that note, if we can only use approved source backgrounds, can we tailor the concept, bonds, ideals, etc. (not changing what features you get)?

How large is this city?

Any maps to show?

Last edited by theclaytster; 05-07-2019 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:46 PM
Dwarven Master-at-Arms

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1235
Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea
The Noble
left-aligned image

Name: Lady Ilithya Visorin

Character concept: A highborn young woman who struggles to find balance among the different paths laid out before her. Between her familial duty to her noble heritage, her selfish desires for playing the great game, and the small voice in the back of her mind urging her towards a greater calling, young Ilithya has a myriad of opportunities and potential hazards to explore.

I also wanted to explore the idea of someone who is faced with the difficult decisions that would be beneficial to the general population but detrimental to her and her family.

Race, gender: Female Scourge Aasimar

Class: Sorcerer, Storm Sorcery origin

Background: Noble

Description:

Ilithya is slightly above average in height and has an lithe build gained from years at practicing dance, though she would not describe herself as particularly graceful. Her long, silver hair is usually tied back when she is dressed casually or out on an adventure though she loves to indulge in the styles of the court when it is time to be social. Her sky blue eyes have a piercing quality to them when she furrows her brow, but generally radiate warmth and kindness. Her travel attire consists of well made leathers and cottons accompanied with a set of boarskin boots while her court fashion depends on who is throwing the party. She always carries a small dagger on her person, even in court. While on the road however, she will also have a light crossbow slug over her shoulders.

Personality, motivations, goals:

Trained from childhood to play in the great game of politics, Ilithya has developed a keen eye for reading people and saying just the right phrase that lowers most people's defenses. Charming to a fault, her smile creates a sense of warmness and comfort, but whether her compliments are truly genuine Trait: My eloquent flattery makes everyone I talk to feel like the most wonderful and important person in the worlddepends entirely on the subject. Alliances rise and fall among the nobility of Argillion Falls at the blink of an eye given the perilous nature of their station. The young woman learned to quickly adapt to situations as well as wait for opportune moments to release vital information. No where was this more apparent than when she personally Trait: If you do me an injury, I will crush you, ruin your name, and salt your fieldsorchestrated the fall from grace of Evan Xavius, 4th Baron of Salvana, a not-so-secret adulterer and abuser. After a month of scandals and very poor behavior coming to light, the humiliated lord relinquished his title and was succeeded by his younger brother to a much reduced barony. Few noticed that nearly half the lost acreage was snatched up at auction by Count Visorin, extending his already considerable lands.

Ilithya revels in rush of the dance of politics and would love nothing more than to weave in and out of the game for the rest of her days if it wasn't for the dreams. They have plagued her since she was a child and always depict the same thing: a blue skinned man who is tall and lovely to behold, but carries a stern voice of Ideal: It is my duty to protect and care for the people beneath me.command. "Do better, be better. Protect those who cannot protect themselves." Through her subtle influence, the servants underneath the Count's estate have seen greater increase in their quality of life, but still they serve and the aasimar knows that more is required of her to help those in need. "Give up your station. Serve the people! Honor your bloodlines." But to give up her station would rob her of what she Flaw: I crave all pleasure of the senses, as much as I can standdesired! Could she not somehow accomplish Bond: The common folk will see me as a heroboth?

Brief backstory:

The Visorins have claimed angelic lineage dating back almost two centuries, but until Ilithya was born few truly believed them. That night a vast meteor shower rained down above the city, lasting for hours and illuminating the streets of Argillon Falls until a great storm rolled across the plains. The flashes from the lightning bolts fought against the streaking stars with such fierceness that many priests feared Myrsky and Valo had started a small war between them, though the truth is uncertain. As the girl grew older, it was discovered she could summon unexplained powers over certain elements, especially those of fire and storm. She was initially placed in an academic setting in an attempt to hone those skills, but soon her mentors had deduced this natural affinity for magic was not something they could teach, and thus they allowed her to grow into her powers naturally.

Eventually, Ilithya found herself seeking adventure beyond the picturesque lawns of the aristocracy as she would not inherit the title of Countess lest her two brothers both perish before having children. She has wealth and freedom, so she might as well add more excitement to her life so that she can bring a wider set of skills to the grand game. Secretly, she has also had a feeling of dread about the future and worries for the people as well as her own lineage. At the moment, the three main drivers of her actions seem to be working towards a similar goal, but the future could very well see these internal motivators vie against each other for dominance.

Contacts:

- Jacob Visorin, The Right Honorable Count of Leydule. Ilithya's father and main mentor in the ways of the great game. It was from him that she gained her ruthlessness when dealing with her enemies. Head of the house as well as the master of two hundred farmers who work his lands.

- Sarah Visorin, The Rt Hon Countess of Leydule. Ilithya's mother whose stern yet compassionate discipline helped shape the young aasimar into a force for good. She oversees the household servants and the children's education.

- Michael Visorin, Lord Montet. Ilithya's eldest brother using his father's courtesy title of Baron of Montet. He trains the household guard and men-at-arms, leading their troops to battle should the King call for them.

- Edrick "Little Ed" Visorin. Ilithya's younger brother with no courtesy title. He is still a young boy learning his letters and numbers from the estate's tutors. He loves to see the sparks and light his big sister shows him when they have the time to play together.

- Ailsa Turhan. Ilithya's Lady maid, friend, and co-conspirator in many a subterfuge during the great game. She stays within the Visorin estate and helps Ilithya with her day to day tasks when she is home or on an official visit in the name of her family.

Character sheet

Last edited by Anea; 05-13-2019 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:12 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 217
Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil
Will be applying by the end of the week, very exciting setting!
Old 05-07-2019, 05:46 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 322
MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise
Name: Martin Matros.
Character concept: A warlock who's morals are in no way questionable, personality based loosely off of Pierre Bezukhov (from the novel War and Peace,) the kind of character who can really grow.
Race, class, background, gender: Human, Warlock (The Beloved,) Acolyte, Male.
Personality, motivations, goals: Martin is a quiet but generous man. He gets flustred easily and isn't very good at confrontations. He has no grand goal to strive towards, but he feels something missing in his life. He's always felt something missing inside of him, something that he knows he needs to do. Not that he knows what that could be. Up until now he has just been content to be the quiet man that everybody likes but nobody knows.
Brief backstory: Martin and his twin brother Matthew were born to two preists of Tuntemus. They doted on their twin boys, and they both grew to be fine young men. Aside from the time that they put worms in a girl's lunch in nursery school, they have never gotten into much trouble. A few years ago Matthew left with some guy named Lügner to become an adventurer and for the first few months seemed to be doing pretty well. But then the letters became fewer and fewer. Martin knew his brother was dead when he appeared to him in a dream and then Martin woke up with an aptitude for magic.
Contacts: Natasha and Bruno Matros, Martin's parents. They are priests of Tuntemus and refuse to believe that Matthew is dead.
Character sheet: Wip.
Currently playing as: [tt=Tandid]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79511[/tt] | [tt=Vias]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79978[/tt] |[tt=Ogeaglial ]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79803[/tt]
Running: Prejudice's Desperation.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:51 PM
PhD in Horribleness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1610
Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister
(I've put in ideas for consideration as outlined in the "player content" section of the ad. If there are already names for places I address, characters that should be involved, or any other details that need changing, please let me know and they'll be altered appropriately. I'm also far more familiar with 3.5/Pathfinder than 5E, so if I've done any of the crunch poorly, I apologize.)

Shadow at Dawn (Shadow)
of the Ascending Storm Clan

"The call to war was never a matter of choice for me. It was etched in,
same as my blood or the color of my eyes. And damn whatever god saw fit to curse me so."

Race: Tabaxi

Class: Divine Soul Sorcerer

Background: Folk Hero

Character concept:
Shadow is a man at odds with his past. A veteran who was a servant of an unjust cause, hoping to settle down and find some sort of peace. If that peace is threatened, he'd no doubt reluctantly saddle up again. I'm basing him off of western heroes and anti-heroes who were former outlaws. John Marston and William Munny among others. Mechanically speaking, he should be able to fill a variety of roles. He's going to have blasting and healing ability, face skills with a high charisma, and will have some natural ability at skulking about.

Description:
Shadow is a tall and broad, but still lithe tabaxi with a black coat which is soft to the touch due to his conscientious hygiene. When battle was at hand, he often marked his fur with a number of designs which his former commanders said would bring him courage. He is wise enough to know they carry no mystic energy now, but continued to do so out of habit until he put aside combat altogether. His body is covered with See Combat Picture Belowscars, most of which are only visible when he sheds his cloak. Some run very deep, and are responsible for robbing him of a degree of physical power he had in his youth. His eyes are bright, almost luminescent green. His body language is assured and more focused than a typical tabaxi. These days he wears very simple clothing, like any other shepard.

Personality:
Shadow just wants a good, simple life for himself and his daughter Treasure on the outskirts of Argillon Falls with their small shack and herd of sheep. He's quieter, calmer and less obsessive than most of his kin, owing to the fact that most of his life outside of the Falls was a blood soaked nightmare. He doesn't like the man he was during those times, and tries to avoid thinking on them for too long. He's seeking a peace which has always elluded him, and a penance for the wrongs he once committed. Shame is a powerful motivator for him, and he rarely talks about himself, and never about his youth. Despite his reserved nature, he doesn't like bullies, or those that prey on the weak, and won't stand by and watch if it happens in his presence. More than anything, he just wants Treasure to grow up in a world without all the pain he went through, and to see her live out her own passions. He'd be happy if she got to a point where she no longer needed him, found some trade she could be proud of, and perhaps even have a family of her own, if she chose.

Backstory:
The Ascending Storm Clan was a fairly successful nomadic group of craftsmen and traders opperating in a string of settlements not too far Argillon Falls, though they rarely came that far west. In one such settlement, the teenage boy named Shadow at Dawn made the fateful decision to hide away from his parents and kinfolk and scamper off to seek his own adventure. He had been manifesting unusual powers for some time, and was determined to use them to find his destiny. He was far too young and eager to make such decisions back then, but his tabaxi curiosity got the better of him. He hasn't seen his family since. All too predictably, he fell in with a bad crowd willing to take advantage of a young man's fascination with honor and battle. The Obsidian Riders were a group of marauders and raiders for hire opperating as a semi-legitimate mercenary outfit, and a thinly veiled cult of Sota, waging battle in his name. They were lead by a charismatic commander named Barkley Flint. He spoke in a language young men with big dreams wanted to hear. Shadow discovered him at the tender age of fourteen. It would be eight years before he got away. Of course Flint and the others didn't throw him into the heat of battle or reveal to him just how bloodthirsty their work would be right away. They spent time endearing themselves to him first, and teaching him the craft of warfare in between work. So much so that when they finally found paying work and allowed the young tabaxi to take his place at their side, he didn't flinch. He was shocked by the very real brutality in front of him certainly. But he didn't run or cower. He was convinced this was the only way he could truly be a man. And his magic was extremely helpful for the Riders. They all got wealthy and notorious in the years to come. He earned his scars with pride. But as time went, Shadow become more and more worried he might be losing his soul to the band and the god they served. The passion of a boy was beginning to be overcome by a grown man's skepticism, and a growing sense of compassion. He still wouldn't have found the strength to leave if Flint hadn't acted on an opportunity to go from warrior to butcher.

A conflict had been brewing on and off between a pair of neighboring settlements for some time (a conflict that wouldn't explode into full-blown warfare for several more years) and one of the leaders had decided to hire the Obsidian Riders to strike a blow where she had plausible deniability. So they rode out on a raid, and quickly found the village they had been hired to assault putting up little fight at all. In fact, they hardly had a town guard to speak of. But to Barkley Flint's mind, that didn't alter the aspects of the contract. They were sent to cripple the enemy, and he set about it with gusto, burning down houses and cutting down anyone who so much as lifted a pitchfork to oppose him. This was the breaking point for Shadow. He had ridden against enemies of all shapes and sizes, but never defenseless civilians. It turned his stomach, and when the others were sufficiently distracted, he broke off from them and began herding many of the fleeing villagers to safety. Many of them didn't see him ride in with the others and merely thanked him for the assistance. The moment that truly broke any chance of returning to the Riders for him was when he found an abandoned baby girl not ten feet from the dead bodies of her murdered parents. His comrades were just going to leave her to starve. He gathered her up in his cloak and fled, far as he could, trying to find some way to save her. He rode for days, giving the toothless child all that he could spare of the milk he had packed for himself, as he had nothing else of nutritional value for her. Even his horse succumbed to exhaustion after some time, and he had to walk the rest of the way, eventually limping into Argillon Falls as a husk of a man, with a child very near death herself.

But he found compassion there, and the local healer Milton Harper tended to both of them while Shadow was recovering. When they were at last healed up, he looked to learn a trade to support himself and the girl, whom he decided to adopt for lack of better options. He had no idea what her given name was, so he settled on Unexpected Treasure (Treasure) of the Ascending Storm Clan. The tabaxi name for a human child drew some snickers, but human names always sounded strange to him, and he couldn't think of any he liked. He quickly grew to care for the girl more than his own life. Over the next year, he apprenticed to a shepard, and was given a few breeding pairs to start his own herd at the end of it. He also picked up skills as a weaver, and began selling thick wool clothing out of his new home (and keeping some for himself. The climate was too cold for any self respecting tabaxi). Since then, he's earned a bit of status as a local hero among the other outskirts farmers. From time to time, bandits and goblins rear their ugly head on the land, but turn tail and run just as quickly when he'd lob a few fire bolts over their heads. Didn't even have to score a direct hit, thankfully. He'd had his fill of killing. He's lived this life for twelve years now, and Treasure is growing into a bright young woman with great potential. He's both proud of her, and a bit worried when he remembers his own teenage years. He's told her nothing about his previous life. He just doesn't want anything to take his new life away from him. He'll do what he has to to defend it.

Contacts:

Character Sheet:
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=80460

Last edited by Sinister; 05-10-2019 at 04:32 AM.