RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-08-2019, 09:49 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12352
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythrandil View Post
@girlplay Orilo is a courtier - it was hard to see as the title of a field set, so I changed it to be more prominent.
Thank you for the reminder. I knew that at one point, then my mind went somewhere without me...
Old 05-08-2019, 10:14 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 715
Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlplay View Post
Thank you for the reminder. I knew that at one point, then my mind went somewhere without me...
I know how that feels!
Old 05-09-2019, 02:10 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 78
DonaldJWafer
Application
Dolan Verlos
Male Human* Paladin, soldier background

Character Concept, background:
Dolan was raised in Argillon Falls along with his younger sister. He never knew his father, so it was up to him to look after his younger sister, Sara. The two were close as children, but as Dolan grew older he fell in with the wrong crowds. It would take a tragedy for him to change his ways, the death of Sara, for which he will forever blame himself. Following her death he left Agrillon Falls, and sought atonement. He eventually enlisted in an army of a far Western Kingdom where he fought courageously with honor and valor hoping that he could somehow find redemption for the sins of his youth. Now, a decade later he has returned home, to finally face his mother for the first time since Sara's death, but he finds that he is too late, she too has passed away. No matter what good he brings to the world, he always fears it will never be enough, that he will never be able to forgive himself.

Personality:
Deep down, Dolan worries that he is living in a facade. He is naturally reckless, and has a tendency towards hedonism, but meditates daily to try to stay on his righteous path. He always carries with him Sara's necklace to remind him of what happened, but he still sometimes makes mistakes.

Dolan has seen terrible things in the many battles he's fought, but nothing comes close to the horror of watching his sister die before his eyes. He faces danger unflinching, and isn't afraid to risk his own life.

Ideal: Anyone is capable of redemption and forgiveness is a virtue. We should all strive to forgive those who seek true atonement. Yet, Dolan still struggles to forgive himself.
Bond: Despite their deaths, Dolan is still very much bonded to his family. He feels that they alone can forgive him for his transgressions and that he will finally face them again when he passes on from this life. He only hopes to live a life that will make them proud.
Flaw: Dolan is naturally a reckless and rash person. He has learned to be mindful and slow his thoughts so that he can temper these tendencies, but every once in awhile he still finds himself rushing into poor decisions. He hates this about himself.

Physical Description:
Dolan was handsome in his youth, but a number of fights and battles have left him scarred. His eyes are naturally green, but after taking a fist in the eye years ago, his right eye is much paler than the other. His age is given away by a somewhat gaunt appearance and his hair which is mostly gray, despite being only 30 years old. Dolan is rather tall (6'2") and somewhat lanky. He can be clumsy at times, when he moves it almost looks like he's not used to his size. Those who have seen him fight, say he transforms entirely; he moves with grace and has a ferocity about him that you would never notice if you saw him in passing.

Contacts:
With his mother and sister dead he has no immediate family in the city. However, his mother never did talk about his father..

His adolescent best friend, Markus is still in Agrillon Falls, but he ran with the same crew that got Dolan into trouble.

Dolan made the long journey home with another soldier from his company who grew up in the Falls, Symon, who during the war "saw the light" and has now vowed to pledge his life to the god Valo.

Character Sheet

*upon further consideration, I'm wondering if making Dolan a Fallen Aasimar might work. For his character arc however, he would be fighting to try to regain his inner light back. So while maybe he had evil tendencies in his youth, and perhaps he still does, he actively fights to control them, to be good. I've only really ever played with the PHB so these other races are totally new to me.

Last edited by DonaldJWafer; 05-10-2019 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:52 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 147
Robbie Exley Robbie Exley
Name: Helen Zaraheim
Race: Protector Aasimar
Background: Noble
Alignment: Neutral Good

Appearance: Helen is a tall woman with dark grey skin, raven black hair and amber eyes (And wings once her Solar descended angelic heritage is fully unleashed). Her chain-mail has been singed by magic flames and her shield is embossed with the crescent moon of Artemis with her longsword constantly at her side and her pack on her back.

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/w...Aasimar-5e.png

Personality:

Traits: Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood. However if you do me an injury, I will crush you, ruin your name and let your land be reclaimed by nature.

Ideal: Respect is due to me because of my position, but all people regardless of station deserve to be treated with dignity.

Bonds: Nothing is more important than the other members of my family. But I owe a debt of honor to the paladins who trained me.

Flaws: I hide a truly scandalous secret that could ruin what is left of my family forever (The exact details of how her family was decimated).

Helen is a determined yet kind woman, always seeking a peaceful solution wherever one is available and when she is not in combat she is quick to smile and laugh. However because of her past she is also extremely vengeful and ruthless when she is crossed which is only enhanced by the mental discipline that becoming a Paladin requires.

Motivation: Helen wishes to find her place in this new world and to protect any and all innocents she encounters.

Goal: Besides taking her final Oath Helen wishes to become powerful enough to seal the Lower Plains of Hell away from the Material Plane for good and to exterminate all necromancers who use their powers for evil purposes. Her plan to do this however is a completely different story.

Backstory: A wanderer with a darkened past Helen took up her role as a paladin after her husband foolishly made a deal with a coven of necromancers in a desperate bid to heal their dying son. When he tried to back out of the pact when he found out the price was the souls of every living thing in their town the furious coven assaulted the town, rallying the townsfolk Helen fought until she dropped. Bloodied, broken but unbowed she was rescued by five green knights, the paladins who would eventually train her and gave her new purpose but it was already too late. Many were killed, including her husband and infant son.

However before the Dawn War Helen and the Brotherhood of Thorns (including her mentor Sir Aelarn Tevan) were sealed away by the goddess Artemis for a purpose they still do not know. As she had not yet taken her final oath Helen did not join her comrades in the hunt for their patron but joined them on their first stop of Argillon Falls.

Contacts: Sir Aelarn Tevan is the leader of the Brotherhood of Thorns, an order of Paladin Green Knights dedicated to the balance of nature and civilization. A half elven soldier clad in thorn covered plate armour and carrying a massive greatsword across his back Aelarn is famous (or infamous) not only his battlefield experience but also for constantly making terrible puns or sarcastic quips, especially in the middle of combat.

Side notes: I do have a character sheet prepared already but it will require an update to level 2, although I still cant get the image links to work properly much to my irritation. PM if I need to add anything (details, roleplay example etc).

Last edited by Robbie Exley; 05-09-2019 at 04:00 AM.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:34 AM
Creature of the Deep

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3823
Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith
Hey Girlplay, realized I wasn't on the list of current apps. Wondering if the warlock concept still needs to be approved, or if it just slipped by because it's in a spoiler.

If it was the latter, the app is here.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:58 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1645
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Application has been completed and ready for review
Old 05-09-2019, 11:39 AM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasrith View Post
Hey Girlplay, realized I wasn't on the list of current apps. Wondering if the warlock concept still needs to be approved, or if it just slipped by because it's in a spoiler.

If it was the latter, the app is here.
Thanks, Nas. I just missed d it while scrolling through. I'll add that in. Your warlock concept is approved.

Also, I have a few questions for other players that I still need to answer.
Old 05-09-2019, 02:49 PM
Old School - or just old

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2411
timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible
I thought I would throw this out for consideration: my character concept is mostly about the RP aspects of the character, and not the class mechanics. I see there are several bard applications and no rogue applications. Rocky is easily converted from bard to rogue, and I'd enjoy playing either variant of the character. Just FYI.

Last edited by timplausible; 05-09-2019 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:26 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by timplausible View Post
Next question: I'm going with the Entertainer background for my Kenku bard, but a Disguise Kit doesn't seem that useful to a kenku. Could I swap that proficiency for Thieves' Tools? They don't exactly go with being an entertainer, but they are a cultural standard of sorts for Kenku.
Hi. I looked over the material you wrote about what Kenku culture might be like and there were definitely somethings I liked about it. But first, let me answer your question (above):

So, obviously a puppeteer doesn't need thieves tools, so you're invoking the culture of the Kenku to explain why he'd be proficient. Assuming that I accepted what you wrote as lore, the justification would center around the Kenku 'tradition' of minor thievery. Basically, they'll stake things from somebody else as long as it's minor and doesn't cause any real harm. If somebody takes the effort to lock something up, then one has to assume that it has intrinsic value. Therefore, taking it would not be just a minor, harmless theft. Therefore, Kenkus would not go around breaking into locks because whatever was held inside was worth locking up and therefore too valuable to consider harmless. Therefore, the substitution doesn't make sense to me.

Second, regarding the proposed lore of Kenku culture. I like the bit about them being seekers and collector of lore and ideas, and it make sense to me. Worship of Tuntemus makes sense for the same reason. The naming convention is fine too. What doesn't sit well with me is the notion that Kenku don't really value property rights and think that minor / harmless stealing is okay. Every social contract, set of laws, or moral code in the entire world starts off with "don't steal. Don't kill." I don't see how a Kenku would be so philosophical about having something of their taken, especially at a young age. It rings of the same reason that I wanted to re-write the "alien mind" aspect of the Lizardfolk. Amoral behavior isn't just thinking differently about something, in my opinion. It literally is acting without a moral compass. So, going around stealing from people because a person (an entire society?) has been taught that it's harmless, doesn't sit well with me. It means that they're going to cause problems, do damage (if mostly emotional), and probably start down a slippery slope to doing worse things. It sounds like a way for a people to self-destruct. Anyway, in the end, I don't think self-justified amoral behavior has a place in this campaign.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:42 PM
Old School - or just old

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2411
timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible
That all sounds good to me. The stealing idea was the result of speculating how the criminal history of the race might have evolved. It's not important to the character concept. (I got a little carried away with that write-up). I'll edit the app.
Old 05-10-2019, 02:22 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 101
bookworm bookworm
Sorry I forgot to explicitly state the concept first time round girlplay, added it into my application now.
Old 05-10-2019, 04:08 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 152
Valornor Valornor
DM, I believe that Wulfric's Application is done. If you click on his name, it is linked to his Character Sheet. Let me know if I missed something!

Last edited by Valornor; 05-10-2019 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-10-2019, 04:37 AM
PhD in Horribleness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1754
Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister Sinister
Girlplay, I think that I may have a first draft of Shadow up. I apologize if I made his backstory a bit longer than you had intended. I wasn't sure if I could cut any more of what I wrote out without losing the intent. But happy to make any edits you'd like, and would welcome any notes you have. Especially anything that might affect your world lore in any way.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:44 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1511
gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude gnollservitude
Character Concept: Tabaxi bard who doesn’t want to fall into the trap that is adult life, or what she perceives it as: inevitable marriage, obligatory children, dull work, and monotonous days that just blend together.
Name: Stitches
Race: Tabaxi
Class: Bard
Background: Entertainer
Personality: Stitches dreams to be like the heroes she grew up on, to have her name sung aloud and her tails told to the next generation. She has a rather carefree attitude and especially resents being told what to do, even if it is in “her best interests”.
Backstory: Stitches is the youngest daughter born in a family run inn/tavern named the Bound Tome, or The Tome for short, which lies well with in the South reaches or the city, yet close enough to a main artery to have some business from the West End trading ward sent their way from time to time. The Tome is a simple structure, and mainly survives on the income of its regulars. She grew up on the stories told by weary travelers and old, retired adventures alike, dreaming for the days of when she too could chase down cultist in dark ruins and fighting dragons.

link to pic, tried to save it directly but i suck at getting pics, sorry
https://images.app.goo.gl/mrMc4aDdj934kAiL8

let me know if you want/need anything added or change please

Last edited by gnollservitude; 05-14-2019 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:48 PM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7693
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
MontageManiac’s Application
right-aligned image
Zezhuanth

Name: Zezhuanth
Character Concept: Zezhuanth is an oddity amongst his people. He feels emotionally attached to friends and family. He has interests beyond the here and now, wanting to learn of the past and plan a future for his people. However, if that was everything he could be ignored by the community at large. Instead, he also seems to be developing not only Druidic powers, but tinged with elemental power. Without desiring it, his people now watch Zez as a being they should treat with caution.

Some of his people see Zez as a sign of change, others a bad influence. Zez isn’t sure yet what he is, he just knows that some nights he has terrible nightmares of ferocious lizards. The worst is when he awakes from a dream and finds himself alone in the forest, covered in the blood of a freshly slaughtered animal. Then he knows something isn’t right.

Race, class, background, gender: Lizardfolk male, outlander Druid (circle of the moon).

Personality, motivations, goals: While lizardfolk have become more open and accepting of other species, they are still perceived as being cold hearted, and unempathetic. Zez, on the other hand, has interests and thoughts other lizardfolk might find disturbing. He identifies emotionally with others, and he wants to discover the history of his people, to better guide a brighter future for his people, many generations after they’ve all passed.

Zez wants to learn and establish writing for his people, he wants to learn the history of his people, and keep this lore for generations to come. He wants his people to grow from the survivalist mentality as the other races have.

Zez also needs to know why he is having such dreams? Why he is transforming into beasts no one has ever seen? Why he is tapping into elemental powers other druids aren’t often able to harness. Privately, he also wants to know what happened to his parents. Where did they go, and why did they leave him and his brother when they were so young.

Brief backstory:
- Zez’s Father disappeared mysteriously prior to brother, Kepesk’s, hatching. All Zez remembers is his father tasking him to keep their family safe, and left the youth with his scimitar.
- Mother, Sjach, was kidnapped by goblins a couple of years after Kep was born, and left Zez to care for his infant brother.
- Lizardfolk chieftain of Argillon Falls community, Ternesj, insisted the community raise the boys rather than an orphanage of the city, but did so minimally by offering them a shack owned by the tribe close to the triton community, while the tribe absorbed the parents’ possessions. This led to Zez becoming best friends with Asher, an unusual bond.
- The Chieftain’s son, Chathpalar, bullied Zez growing up, and was a constant challenge for the young lizardfolk.
- Around age 15, Zez and Kep took part in countering a goblin raid which attacked Chathpalar’s hunter party. These goblins were from the same warband as the ones who took his mother. Zez saved Chathpalar’s life during this battle, but suffered a terrible wound. As a result, Kep was kidnapped by the goblins, Chathpalar fled to go back to town and gloat, whereas when Zez returned to town, he said nothing to dispute the bragging Chathpalar, for he was too distraught over his brother’s loss.
- Around age 20, Zez guided an adventurer, Archibald “Archie” Glass, through the local forest to hunt down a strange creature rumored to stalk there. Asher joined on this quest, but it soon becomes apparent that Zez was working through some issues he hadn’t quite gotten a handle on yet. Losing control, Zez transformed into a dinosaur and tore off Archie’s arm. Archie escaped with his life, thanks to Asher’s quick intervention, but Zez to this day has no idea if Archie realized it was him or not, or what connections Archie may use against Zez, seeking vengeance for his bow-arm.
- Currently at the age of 24, Zez finds himself wanting to be more than just a local guide. He wants to help his people progress beyond just accepting other races, but flourishing in new cultural and societal advances. He is also trying to keep his transformations under control, and discover why these things are happening to him.

Longer backstory:

Contacts:
- Wiivai (Father):Missing for 21 years, was considered a well-respected counsel to the chief of their tribe.
- Sjach (Mother): Kidnapped by goblin raiders 19 years ago. Status unknown.
- Kepesk (Younger Brother): Missing for 9 years, kidnapped by goblin raiders during battle which nearly killed Zez. While nothing official has confirmed his status, Zez has heard rumors that a powerful lizardfolk warrior leads a band of bandits in raids against goblins.
- Ternesj (Neutral): Lizardfolk Chief of Argrillon Falls. While holding only moderate political power within the city itself, he represents Lizardfolk interests to the king, and is the premiere member of the community. He took over care for Zez and Kep when they were children, but only provided the minimal necessary to keep them alive without resorting to an Agrillon Falls orphanage.
- Chathpalar (Rival): Lizardfolk Chief’s son and heir of Argrillon Falls. Considered to be next-in-line to be chief. Chathpalar is powerfully built and strong, but generally considered self-interested and boastful. He has an intense rivalry with Zez, and hates that the “odd-duck” lizardman saved his life during the last major goblin raid.
Asher (Best Friend): Zez’s best friend in Agrillon Falls. There is no one he’d sooner seek advice from, or go through hell and back to help.
- Archibald “Archie” Glass (Enemy?): A travelling hunter of great renown, mostly for his skill with a longbow. However, since the incident with Zez where he lost his arm, there has been no word of his hunting achievements or archery in competitions. Zez has no idea if Archibald knows whether he was responsible for his lost limb, but has no doubt that Archie is the type to seek vengeance for such a tragedy. It’s just a matter of time.

Character sheet.

Please let me know if you require something different.

Thank you very much for the consideration!

Last edited by MontageManiac; 05-17-2019 at 09:00 PM.