RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-10-2019, 09:05 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 196
Aenix Aenix
This looks like hella fun!

Posting for interest and will definitely follow-up with rolls and character creation in the next 24 hours

Update: I think my application is now pretty much there! Will vote in the next day or so when people finish their apps. Good luck all.

CharacterCharacter Name: Koruk Grimblade
right-aligned image

Race: Hobgoblin (VGtM)
Class: Spell-Less Ranger - Guardian (UA)
Background: Haunted One (CoS)
Appearance: Koruk stands 5’10 tall with a lean frame, though wrapped with tight knots of muscle. Pale skin with green eyes. His history weighs heavily on him, a massive scar crosses his head – an ill-judged attempt to remove the part of his brain where he was convinced his curse resided. His senses are still keen, only slightly dulled by the taverns and alehouses within which he keeps his itinerant existence.
Personality: Koruk lives his life in the belief that the crone’s curse (detailed below) stalks every aspect of it. Everyone he cares about has felt its touch and, as a result, Koruk is reluctant to seek many more. He lives a life where he feels the best way to protect people is to keep his distance, this reticence only breaking when he catches any hint or rumour of the fate of his missing family members. Of the curse, nothing weighs more heavily on him then the feeling of dishonour for failing to protect his kin. Any suggestion of his failure will quickly earn a blade to your neck. After a life lived in servitude, both to his brutal father and an equally brutal ship captain, Koruk enjoys the little freedom he has tasted – but is equally loyal to those who show the same.

Backstory:

"Well may you be called the Grimblade, Kothar."

The crone spat as the executioner held his blade against her neck.

"For sorrow shall walk with your house."

The crone’s eyes never left Koruk, the executioner’s son, as she uttered her curse. Koruk effected the most dismissive smirk he could as his father lifted the scimitar above the witch bound and kneeling before him. Koruk would spend the next twenty years deciphering the look the condemned half-Orc woman gave him as her head fell from her shoulders.

It wasn’t hatred. At least, not completely. The witch had saved most of that for his father, Kothar, who had led the posse to track down and dispatch her. Nor was it a look drawing comfort at the promise of vengeance to come.

No, the look the crone affixed on Koruk in her final moments was full of something else that haunted the hulking hobgoblin even now.

Pity.

Perhaps it was pity for Koruk’s youngest brother, Chorgul, who trembled as the Half-Orc made her pronouncement and yelped as she died before him. Chorgul would die a month later from Quickplague.

Maybe it was pity for her executioner who was found torn and broken at the bottom of a mine the following winter. Or pity for his wife who wasted away weeks later, after being driven mad and refusing food.

Or perhaps it was pity for Koruk, who was doomed to see it all happen.

Explanation of how you get your rolled proficiency mechanically: Fortunately my compulsory proficiencies were covered by rolling as a Ranger.
A level 1 character sheet: Click Here
d626 roll: 175, See below
Your preferred starting date: Anytime from May 16th
Your 4 preferred companions:

Last edited by Aenix; 05-14-2019 at 05:01 PM. Reason: rolling!
Old 05-10-2019, 10:51 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2150
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Seven
right-aligned image
Name: Seven
Race: Warforged
Class: Warlock (Hexblade)
Background: Haunted one

Traits:I don’t run from evil. Evil runs from me. I refuse to become a victim, and I will not allow others to be victimized.
Bonds: There’s evil in me, I can feel it. It must never be set free.
Ideals: I kill monsters to make the world a safer place, and to exorcise my own demons.
Flaws: I talk to spirits that no one else can see.

Description: Seven stands about six feet tall and is made entirely of a strange metal. Unlike other warforged, his body is not covered in thick layers of armor. His father had removed much of this outer plating from his sons to create the resemblance of a "normal" human. Although not hiding his nature, Seven does like to wear clothes, often those that are dark and have a hood. He does not do this in an attempt to hide, but as a physical manifestation of his state of him.

Personality: Seven does not know know the name of the entity that now resides within him, but he has determined that it is demonic. He does not know how it ended up being trapped in a cave with a devil, but he is determined to find out. This entity fuels his new-found power, for that was their agreement, but Seven feels the evil from this creature and has resigned himself as the protector of this blade. He does not know how long he will be able to protect the world from the blades darkness (or himself), but he is determined to use its power to protect those that cannot otherwise protect themselves.

History: Seven and his "brother" five (So named after the only legible markings on their frames), were found by the man that would eventually become what they considered to be their father. A tinkerer by trade, he was delighted when he found two man-shaped statues made out of metal. Immediately intrigued, he quickly realized that these were far from mere statues. He purchased both and began devoting all of his time and resources into studying the two metal men. Eventually, through technical and arcane means, he was able to restore the spark of life within them and spent the next several years teaching and learning from his two "sons".

This odd family lived happily until their father received word that his wife had been killed. She was a healer that worked for Black Company, a well-known mercenary group. Her work usually took her directly into the thick of the fighting, but she loved what she did, and eventually died while doing it. Their father was devastated. He began neglecting his work, something they had never seen him do, more and more. Money became scarce and he could barely afford food or pay his tithe to the lord that owned the land he lived on. It did not take long for this lord himself, for he had known the tinkerer for a number of years, to appear in person and demand payment. The lord saw the man's two mechanical sons and agreed to forgo all past and future tithes if he would give them to him. It pained him, but he felt he had no alternative and gave the his sons to the young lord.

Five and Seven were devastated and did not understand why their father would do this. Five became so mad that he attacked one of the lord's guards and ran off before he could be stopped. Seven however, was not so lucky. The lord, infuriated that he had lost one of the mechanical men he had just obtained, decided he would send Seven to his platinum mine where he would work for the rest of his days.

After working in the mine for several weeks, Seven was eventually able to escape. Instead of fleeing, however, he made his way toward the lord's estate. He was enraged, killing several guards during his approach. When he finally confronted the lord, he quickly learned that he was also a wizard of some repute and made quick work of Seven. He tried to plead with the lord, but after seeing the bodies of the guards left in Seven's wake, he decided he would be better suited in his army, and was handed over to his commander to use as he saw fit.

The commander, assuming Seven would be efficient in battle, found that he did not actually have any real training despite his menacing appearance. This landed him as a permanent supply-train guard, the commander hoping that his visage would make anyone think twice about stealing supplies. Not long after that, the ground began to shake while he was on guard, sending men screaming and running for cover. A massive Bulett erupted from the earth in an explosion of dirt, nearly on top of the supply wagons. Seven was thrown to the ground and began sliding into the massive opening left in the ground by the creature. He felt himself falling until he smacked into the ground and blackness took him.

When he awoke, he was alone in the darkness of what appeared to be a massive cave. He wandered this way for days, attempting to escape the labyrinthine caves that he found leading away from the cavern he fell into, until he heard a voice.

Yes, come closer, the strange voice said and gradually guided him to a cavern that was illuminated by torches. He saw strange symbols drawn onto the rock walls and on the floors. He did not know what they meant, but assumed it must have something to do with the large red-skinned creature sleeping in the center of the cavern. From its large wings to the massive horns protruding from its forehead, it matched the description his father had given him and his brother for a devil.

He was about the leave, but the voice called out to him again. He followed where he thought he heard it coming from and found a large piled of treasure. Sticking from the pile was a black sword, which he someone knew was the source of the voice. It negotiated with him, offering to provide him the means of escaping the tunnel if he agreed to take the sword away from the devil's cave.

He managed to pull it free from the pile without waking the devil and, with the guidance of the sword, able to navigate the tunnels and return the surface. Now, the voice said, to fulfill my end of the bargain...this is going to hurt.

Seven found himself raising the sword with the point facing toward his chest, unable to stop himself. With a sudden thrust, he plunged the sword into his chest to the hilt. Pain coursed through his entire body until everything became dark. When he came to, the sword was gone and there was no evidence of any wound in his chest. The voice, however, was louder than ever.

Now, we are one!

MiscExplanation of how you get your rolled proficiency mechanically: Warforged Specialized Design: Stealth proficiency

Preferred Starting Date: May 16th

Preferred Companions: WIP

Starting Adventure:
Dice Roll:
1d626 611

Votes for other players:

Actual: 14, 12, 11, 10, 17, 13

Original Post with background rolls

Last edited by Silent Rain; 05-16-2019 at 06:29 AM.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:30 AM
MostlyMaddeninglyMadMan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3947
Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad
Interesting...

CharacterCharacter Name: WIP
Race: WIP
Class: WIP
Background: WIP
Appearance: WIP
Personality: WIP
Character Background Story: WIP
Explanation of how you get your rolled proficiency mechanically: Need Persuasion (background), Insight, Perception
A level 1 character sheet: WIP
d626 roll: 113
Your preferred starting date: May 16th works
Your 4 preferred companions: Waiting

"There's a slope down toward evil, a gentle gradient that can be ignored at each step, unfelt. It's not until you look back, see the distant heights where you once lived, that you understand your journey." - Prince of Thorns

Last edited by Mostlymad; 05-10-2019 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:49 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5942
Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia
I'm actually only going to reveal the name of the Adventure you roll - I'd rather tailor a more personal hook if you get in.

Still remember to roll for it though

Last edited by Arachobia; 05-10-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:08 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12452
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Since the site doesn't allow us to roll dice in an advertisement thread, do you have a place where we can do the rolls?
Old 05-10-2019, 12:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlplay View Post
Since the site doesn't allow us to roll dice in an advertisement thread, do you have a place where we can do the rolls?
It doesn't? I've never had an issue with people rolling in one of my ad threads before...
Old 05-10-2019, 12:43 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12452
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachobia View Post
It doesn't? I've never had an issue with people rolling in one of my ad threads before...
Yeah, it's in the site rules under Advertisement. They're not supposed to be used for general chat or dice rolling.
Old 05-10-2019, 01:03 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlplay View Post
Yeah, it's in the site rules under Advertisement. They're not supposed to be used for general chat or dice rolling.
Hmmm. I've never had someone bring it up as an issue before - but if it is a ruling I don't want to violate it.

Fortunately, the game thread is up - so I will make a thread there for people to do dice rolls in.

This also means app thread can be a bit less cluttered
Old 05-10-2019, 03:06 PM
Superior Sorcerer Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4627
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Sure, I'll give this a shot. Curious to see if a random PC can be more interesting than a few I've written myself.

Application
right-aligned image

Character Name: Kal Gelgren
Race: Stout Halfling
Class: Bard (College of Whispers)
Background: Spy
Personality: Kal always has a kind word or sharp observation to offer. He's quick to shoot down snarky comments thrown his way and never goes unarmed in a battle of wits. This rather mouthy side of him has landed him in trouble more than once to be sure, and others can find it... grating, to be diplomatic about it. But as a result of this those whom speak to him can find a strange charismatic pull to his words. Folks who talk with him long enough find drawn in with the stories he tells, the pleas he gives, and requests he makes of others. No matter where he is in the world Kal seems to know a bit of everything about anything and anyone. He has a minor complex about his size, causing others to underestimate what he's capable of and that could lead to some bloody ends should he be sufficiently pushed. Despite his temper regarding his size the Halfling is charming, reliable, honest to a fault, and is never without a smile for those closest to him.
Character History:

Explanation of how you get your rolled proficiency mechanically: "Ducking those guards was a bit tricky but they never dreamed a towering inferno like that was caused by a half-folk!"
d626 roll: 78
Your preferred starting date: May 17th is fine with me
Your 4 preferred companions: Will wait and see what develops

Last edited by Tyeal; 05-14-2019 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:48 PM
Support Main

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 498
Feldring Feldring Feldring Feldring Feldring
This sounds like an absolute blast, and I'll definitely roll up a character.

Got one question – what are you looking for in applicants, Arachobia? You're going to get quite a few: anything you're specifically looking for from us, other than rolling things up correctly? Conversely, is there anything you can think of that would make someone not a great fit for the game?

Thanks very much! Excited to apply.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:28 AM
Chaos Elf Fun

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 954
Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla
Application
left-aligned image

Character Name - Terianna Bladewing
Race - Grugach - Elf
Gender - Female
Class - Fighter: Champion
Background - Soldier
Appearance - A tall, fair skinned woman is poised by a tree, her scarlet hair braided and left to rest in front of a shoulder. What looks like blood, but is actually a common dye, has been painted on her cheeks to look like claw marks. The tip of which protrude above her eyebrows.

Her eyes are a vivid shade of emerald and her body is firm, athletic and strong. To emphasis this fact the heavily clad warrior elf carries a halberd with a wickedly sharp blade at both ends. One to skewer and the other to pierce. An aura of cold-hard menace radiates from her person, as if she had no qualms about committing to bloodshed.
Personality - Due to having a deep set distrust of other races, even other elves that are not of her kind, Terianna comes off cold, untouchable and socially evasive. Her time as a spy had taught her how to deflect questions and lie convincingly. It is hard for her to show affection, instead she lies and throws insults to make it seem that she dislikes people when it isn't entirely true.

Few things frighten Terianna who relishes in danger, though she is not stupid and carefully analyses her capabilities and those of others before making dangerous decisions. Her logical and cynical view on life can lead to a 'kill-attack-restrain, before asking questions', mentality. It is unlikely she will let herself be drawn into a potentially vulnerable position on purpose.

Terianna generally needs a reason to help people, whether this is a chance to get what she wants or knowing that if she doesn't help then there would problems later on. She is no hero, more a hired mercenary of sorts. There is one thing that will easily convince her to do something about and that is if it involves nature. With a deep set reverence for nature, it is ingrained in her to act in its benefit.
Character Background Story -
In the deepest forest lies a precious grove filled with animals and elves.This is where Terianna Bladewing was raised to hold nature in reverence. For centuries it had been untouched, but now humans and orcs began to encroach on the forest. The deforestation and poaching angered the Grugach who retaliated violently, killing any humanoid caught harming the wildlife.

While her mother, lady Bladewing, made an effort to entice her with womanly activities, it became clear she would gravitate toward her father’s line of work. Her two brothers Davon and Athan whom were destined to join the Grugach army, would be delighted when their big sister joined in there mock battles. It was due to them that she became strong and athletic, able to take on most of the men and women fighters.

Terianna’s father was spy sent to infiltrate human and orc encampments so as to learn their next plans. In doing so it would allow the Grugach to set up deadly traps before the enemy arrived. In turn her father trained Terianna to be a spy as well, but the elfess blundered on her last mission. She was supposed to stake out the important humans controlling the operations and have them killed, however one of the victims was a strong warrior man who had fought off Grugach skirmishers a few times. Wanting to prove herself, Terianna dueled Jason and lost but barely, which had impressed both of them. Attracted to one another, they eventually committed to the whiles of desire and in turn Jason learned her true shape.

Jason tried to kill her then and there, naked and vulnerable. It was a great betrayal for them both, deeply scarring the elf-warrior who had to flee through the forest as Jason and his men chased her down.

For now she has evaded them but it had become clear she could not hide in the forest without risking the grove and bringing shame to her house.

Rolls on Tables Conclusion -
- Two brothers
- One of your parents was a spy, and they raised you to become a spy as well. After determining whether you have siblings by getting a result from table 2, proceed to table 29 instead of proceeding to table 3 as normal
- You get close to your targets, but get too close: you fall in love with one of them. When you reveal or let slip the truth, they don't take it well and you have to flee on table 19
- You evade your pursuers for now, but you know they are never going to be far behind and you must remain alert. You must take proficiency in Perception. Your life of adventure begins

Explanation of proficiency mechanically: I get Proficiency in Perception for being an Elf
Stats Rolls:
Dice Stat Rolls: [using: rstat2]
4d6kh3mod 4, 3, 2, 1 (keeping 2,3,4) Total = 9
4d6kh3mod 2, 3, 4, 2 (keeping 2,3,4) Total = 9
4d6kh3mod 2, 6, 1, 4 (keeping 2,4,6) Total = 12
4d6kh3mod 6, 2, 2, 4 (keeping 2,4,6) Total = 12
4d6kh3mod 1, 4, 5, 2 (keeping 2,4,5) Total = 11
4d6kh3mod 3, 2, 1, 4 (keeping 2,3,4) Total = 9
total modifier: -1
This came out terrible. Saw you allowed another to re-roll so I will. Let me know if not.
Dice stats 2: [using: rstat2]
4d6kh3mod 3, 3, 2, 3 (keeping 3,3,3) Total = 9
4d6kh3mod 6, 5, 1, 6 (keeping 5,6,6) Total = 17
4d6kh3mod 2, 1, 5, 6 (keeping 2,5,6) Total = 13
4d6kh3mod 1, 1, 1, 4 (keeping 1,1,4) Total = 6
4d6kh3mod 3, 6, 3, 6 (keeping 3,6,6) Total = 15
4d6kh3mod 6, 2, 4, 4 (keeping 4,4,6) Total = 14
total modifier: 5

A level 1 character sheet

a d626 roll -
Dice Roll:
1d626 194

Your preferred starting date: 18/05/2019
Your 4 preferred companions:

Last edited by Sarsprilla; 05-14-2019 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-11-2019, 03:02 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Just a reminder: post your actual character application here instead of the Dice Rolling thread - just so everyone can easily see the characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldring View Post
Got one question – what are you looking for in applicants, Arachobia? You're going to get quite a few: anything you're specifically looking for from us, other than rolling things up correctly? Conversely, is there anything you can think of that would make someone not a great fit for the game?
Well, technically you have to impress other players - as voting is ultimately what determines who gets in. So I'd suggest trying not to be too secretive about your backstory.

You might also try to not have too many people applying as the same class so there's some variety.

If it comes down to me breaking ties - I'm going to look mostly at how people interpreted their rolls. I am a sucker for people interpreting things in a way that I didn't anticipate
Old 05-11-2019, 07:55 AM
Support Main

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 498
Feldring Feldring Feldring Feldring Feldring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachobia View Post
Just a reminder: post your actual character application here instead of the Dice Rolling thread - just so everyone can easily see the characters
Thanks very much for the reminder (and for your other thoughts / answers!). Once I've typed up a good backstory, I'll make sure to move all the relevant information over here to the actual application.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:28 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
My policy with 'roll for stats' is I won't make you play a character with overall low stats unless you want to. So if you get crappy results and don't want to play a character with below average in more than half their attributes - feel free to re-roll.

I think I have updated table to current status for everyone. If you add or change anything let me know.

Feel free to rampantly speculate on your adventure based on the name alone

Last edited by Arachobia; 05-12-2019 at 02:29 AM.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:56 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 230
KevinB KevinB KevinB
Removing my application

Last edited by KevinB; 05-16-2019 at 03:09 AM.