RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-12-2019, 08:55 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1488
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Application is done. Just need to add the preferred companions, which I will do as we get closer to the start date.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:05 AM
Blaaargh!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8211
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Simiyah
right-aligned image

Character Name - Simiyah
Race - Simic Hybrid
Class - Cleric/Tempest
Background - Cloistered Scholar
Appearance - WIP
Personality -
Character Background Story -
Explanation of how you get your rolled proficiency mechanically -Mother Nobility(Insight), Father Spy (Investigation), Table 31 (Survival), Military Camp (Medicine)
A level 1 character sheet (Pending)
a d626 roll - which will be used to determine starting adventure 50
Your preferred starting date May 20th
Your 4 preferred companions Pending

Character rolls
Old 05-12-2019, 02:43 PM
Tug of Warrior

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2132
Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18
Morek
Name: Morek
Race: Bugbear
Class: Paladin (Oath of Ancients)
Background: Stojanow Prisoner

Appearance:Morek would be considered huge even for a Bugbear, standing a touch under 8’ tall, dressed in chain mail and a dark green cloak covering his frame. His Yellow fur is marred on his face and hands with dark red spots that appear to have permanently been stained into his skin, along with scars long faded covering his body.

Personality: Growing up Morek was a typical Bugbear, brash and ready to fight anything that moved and even some that didn’t. He did his best to show off his growing height and strength at a young age, leading him to make brash judgements and ill advised actions, that lead to his imprisonment.

Following the Crimson Plague, not only did the disease leave marks on him physically, but he suffers from memory lapses and struggles to remember things from his past outside of 2 figures standing in the shadows of his dreams.

After the events with the abuse at the Prison and the Necromantic Wizard, he has trouble trusting humans and will tend to allow others lead the way in conversation involving them. He is someone that will defend those that are weaker than him, and will do so with the best of his abilities. He tends to speak slowly and deliberately while being a bit slow when it comes to picking up on sarcasm.

Backstory:

Character mechanics: Took perception from Strojanow Prisoner.

Level 1 Character Sheet:

Character rolls and stat blocks.
Dice * Adventure:
1d626 316

Adventurers vote:

Application deadline: May 20th

Last edited by Framm18; 05-16-2019 at 12:29 AM.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:43 PM
Support Main

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 498
Feldring Feldring Feldring Feldring Feldring

Application for Charmaine
Character VitalsName: Charmaine (Charmokka Red Paw)
Race: Bugbear (female)
Class: Rogue (Swashbuckler)

Ability Scores: 15, 17, 14, 6, 14, 15
(racial bonuses applied)

Backstory and DescriptionBackground: Outlander

Description: A bugbear woman covered in reddish-brown fur, coarse as any ape's, she is armored in a leather breastplate and war skirt worn over simple garments. Gentle brown eyes and a low, mellow voice do little to belie the feral strength apparent in her hulking, long-limbed frame.

Backstory: For Charmokka, childhood in a bugbear den meant days of indolent lounging punctuated by the sudden violence an irritated elder could inflict on any bugbear unfortunate enough to loll about in reach of its terrible fists, so she learned to dance away from the cuffs and beatings early on. Her family gang, the Red Paw, was more prosperous than most, having settled in a remote part of the region where prey was fat and plentiful and enemies few, so the occasional bullying never had that timbre of desperation and rage for which many bugbear gangs were known.

Still, there being no littler ones than her to intimidate in turn, she grew fearful rather than bullying and often sought relief by exploring outside, sometimes with her older sister, Garza.

Charmokka was close with her sister, and trusted her to keep her safe when the adults were in foul moods. For her part, Garza was rarely ill-tempered and seemed content allowing her little sister to help her with food-finding or general wandering about.

One day, Garza returned to the den after having been out alone for many hours. She seemed amazed by some encounter, but not frightened; Charmokka could not get anything out of her other than a strange, distant smile for some time.

"What is it, Garza?" she finally asked. "Where've you been?"

Her sister shook her head. "Far from this dung heap, little kubu. You wouldn't understand."

"Arghh... tell me, sister, so I can be happy too!"

At that, Garza looked down at Charmokka, her mouth stained from gnawing on some scraps of bone snatched from the adults, and told her what she had seen: a great creature, four-legged like a deer but white all over and strong, and completely unafraid. She tried to tell her little sister of the fear and wonder that had taken hold of her when she witnessed this being in the forest, and how it had seen her but neither ran nor threatened.

"He spoke to me, kubu. He said, 'Hail, child of the Red Paw – I am Narses the Reclaimer, and I would have you as my follower.'" Garza paused, grinding her teeth. "I ran away. Oh, but he was beautiful, not like any beast I've ever seen. If I could find him again..."

Charmokka growl-whined in distress. "You wouldn't leave me, would you? I'll bite you if you try to leave!" Great tears welled in her eyes.

Garza shook her off gently. "I'd bite you back. I won't leave you. Pah! But I do want to see the white creature again." She murmured the name once more: "Narses..."

It was hard for Charmokka to sleep that night, even with a full belly (her parents had brought home a sow and piglets that day, and there was meat to spare). When she woke the next morning, her sister was gone...

Charmokka has been searching for her ever since.

Many years after her sister's disappearance, Charmaine (as she is now known, the name an amusing mispronunciation by a drunken dwarf) has left her old name behind with her old life, and has grown "keener and meaner" as the bugbear say, living by her wits and her weapons.

Personality: Though naïve and unaffected in manner, Charmaine is alert, focused, and occasionally intense – growing up in the wilderness and then adventuring among criminals has honed her senses to an almost animal perfection. Her search for Garza, lengthy and sometimes hopeless, has tempered that wariness with determination. Forced at first to interact with others for help (and for information), Charmaine has also grown to enjoy company over the years and is fascinated with the differences in manner, appearance, and culture that animate her fellows.

She finds joy in work done well, and in the physicality that most of her paying ventures have required. Still, she is bugbear, and would never turn up the chance to doze in the sun on a hot day.

She still has to practice her smile sometimes. [See portrait below.]

Portrait

Mechanics & MetaProficiencies? Athletics from Outlander; Sleight of Hand from Rogue; Persuasion from Rogue; Stealth from Bugbear.

Character sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=80536
Preferred starting date: May 16th is just fine, though I am also happy waiting a few days to begin if we need to. Updating start date vote for May 20.

Preferred companions: Have completed voting.
Adventure HookStarting Adventure Roll: 189 (Cave of Golden Tears)
Oooh, I love the name...
Final RemarksThis has been enormously fun to do, and I fully intend to try this method at my table sometime: maybe as a oneshot for family. There are also a lot of very interesting characters in play. Best of luck to everyone.

Last edited by Feldring; 05-17-2019 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-12-2019, 05:50 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4514
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
Application Status - SUBMITTED for Consideration

Vors
left-aligned image

Character Name - Vors
Race - Changeling
Class - Warlock / Pact of the Chain / Fiend
Background - Spy
Appearance -
right-aligned image
Vors can look like anyone at any given time. His natural look can be scary to some due to the lack of detail and distinctive features. His skin tone is pale as if he has not seen the light of the sun in a millenia. He has large white eyes but no pupils which are circled by thick black rings. His nose is small and subtle with no detail. Vors' body structures are slender, even more so than elves and border on being frail. His hair is silver like a drow, but his skin color gives away his true nature.

Vors typically takes on the appearance of a moon elf as they are regarded much higher in society. Rarely does he ever reveal his true self, but he does change his appearance in front of other from time to time as a particular job requires.
Personality - Vors is a survivor. His upbringing has weighed heavy upon him, and being a changeling, his particular skillset has been an advantage in his line of work. As a spy, he has learned to lie, deceive, and trick his way into most situations. Those situations that allow him to listen and be welcomed among those who are his marks. He is quiet and cares very little for the politics or reasons why a job must be done. He cares for his own skin, and for ridding himself of the demon that possesses him.
Character Background Story -

Explanation of how you get your rolled proficiency mechanically - Spy (Stealth and Animal Handling)
A level 1 character sheet - Vors
A d626 roll 599 (Streams of Crimson)
Preferred starting date May 20th

Character rolls

Last edited by Shaede; 05-13-2019 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:37 PM
Creature of the Deep

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3673
Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith
Arach, this is genius. I don't even know if I'm actually going to apply, but for the joy of randomness and character building...
Old 05-12-2019, 09:57 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 885
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
When is the deadline? Think we need one if we are going to be picking preferred companions.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:06 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5942
Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia
Currently, the due date is May 17th - based on what people have voted for so far. If people still applying push for a later date then I'll move it later
Old 05-13-2019, 02:21 AM
The Dawnwarden

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 233
Cobalt XIV Cobalt XIV Cobalt XIV
I've been looking for a game like this for a while and finally found one. I'll take chance and roll up a character.
Old 05-14-2019, 01:48 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia
Couple more due date suggestions - but on average 17th is still the due date.

Also had our first set of votes.

So just a general question - I doubt people want me to reveal who voted for who, but do people want to know the number of votes their application got? Last time people asked me privately (after the final date) if they were interested - I am happy to do that again or I could reveal everyone's vote. I could also keep a running poll going (though I'd wait for a few people to have voted before doing that to try preserve anonymity).

In a similar vein, I like it when you explain your votes to me - as it means should someone ask for feedback I can give them mine and also add any compliments/critiques from others. Of course, this is only if you feel you have the time to make such explanations.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:30 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 885
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
I’d like to know the number of votes and what worked/didn’t. This is my first time writing so much for a backstory, but so much came out of my rolls. I’ll submit my votes soon.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:18 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1488
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
@Arachobia Do you think revealing a total of everyone's votes will skew the way payers vote that have not yet done so?
Old 05-14-2019, 07:06 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rain View Post
@Arachobia Do you think revealing a total of everyone's votes will skew the way payers vote that have not yet done so?
I was considering that - it might be better to only reveal after final results (if I reveal at all)
Old 05-14-2019, 09:12 AM
Support Main

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 498
Feldring Feldring Feldring Feldring Feldring
Voting complete in my app so you can tally it, Arachobia.

As far as feedback, that's a nice idea. I'm fine stating openly that I looked at completed applications which were well-written and had characters who took their backstory rolls in an interesting direction, while also being willing to "play well with others"

Thank you! And thanks to all. It seems like this was fun for everybody who chose to participate; it certainly made for a lot of fascinating reading!

Last edited by Feldring; 05-14-2019 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:39 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Ok so I've decided I'll reveal the # of votes for those who get in - and anyone who requests I'll tell them what they got and any feedback they received. I'll also offer my opinions. All that I'll do only after final selections.

You probably saw I asked for you to vote for "Your 4 preferred companions" - so in other words, count yourself as the 5th member of the party. I would prefer to have a 5 person party at the start. If voting is tight, I might take more. I'd really have to hate the 5th most voted to only take 4 people.

One more thing: one of the requirements I mentioned was an "Explanation of how you get your rolled proficiency mechanically". What I don't mean here is saying you got diplomacy from your parent roll. What I do mean is "I got diplomacy from my background as an Entertainer." Check out Silent Rain, Aenix, Sarsprilla, Feldring & Shaede's apps. I'm pointing this out as other players have noted it to me as a possible reason why someone may not get votes

That said, there's no rule against voting for incomplete apps or apps with errors. I'm not going to forbid a person if their application is not done correctly or incomplete if a lot of people voted for them anyway. But I will ask you to fix anything wrong or include anything missing before we start.

Last edited by Arachobia; 05-14-2019 at 09:40 AM.