Notices

Old 05-12-2019, 07:04 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2433
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Is the Artificer allowed?
I do still intend on applying i am just trying to nail down a concept that will work and that i like.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:51 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
As described with my character above, he is the strong silent type as well but uses body and purposeful silence to convey thoughts and emotions. Iíve gotten a lot of practice at talking without words from my Druid in another game that tries to talk to the group while in his beast forms. Spider charades I call it lol.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:13 AM
Saath

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1258
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
Nice! Much better. I like the idea of a druidic mailman walking all over the wilderness to deliver postage! Thanks for such a cool application.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:14 AM
Saath

Tools
User Statistics
Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88 Chchazz88
@Rylus, I am also unfortunately unfamiliar with the artificer? Where might one find that?
Old 05-13-2019, 01:16 AM
Saath

Tools
User Statistics
@Hiruma Kohaku, I feel like spiders have an unfair advantage at charades; one might say they have a leg up.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:41 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5088
fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chchazz88 View Post
Nice! Much better. I like the idea of a druidic mailman walking all over the wilderness to deliver postage! Thanks for such a cool application.
I would like to keep Forest Gump aspect of having walked 1,000,000 miles in the past 100 years. He's a rolling stone. A somewhat violent stone, but a rolling stone none the less.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2433
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Artificer revisited, its a wizards of the coast but i dont think its official yet.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:57 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4023
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
Application Status - Submitted for Consideration; Updated May 16

Misery's application
left-aligned image

Character name: Misery
Race: Feral Tiefling
Class: Rogue (Arcane Trickster)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Appearance: Misery is your standard tiefling with protruding horn-like structures atop his head. His black hair and red eyes give many people the shivers as it quickly reminds them that devils walk among them. He has an average height - about 5 feet, 8 inches and a small build. His stature allows him to hide among places that people would generally overlook. His darkened, ash grey skin is also a functional asset of his birth furthering his skills in stealth and subterfuge.
Background: Urchin
History: Misery is his name, and he comes by it naturally. Nobody, not even he, knows what his real name may be. Misery was orphaned when he was just a babe suckling at his mother's breast. Born in Springdale to a simple merchant who dealt in leather goods, Misery lived a hard life. His parents loved him unconditionally even though their heritage was often met with disdain. One night when Misery was about two years old, some of the local ruffians from the the thieves guild tried to extort money from his father for 'protection.' Misery's father refused. In the early hours of predawn they returned and killed Misery's mother and father. Perhaps they did not have the heart to kill a baby or Asmodeus stepped in and saved the young tiefling, who knows.

Found by the city watch a few days later, Misery was alone and scared. He was turned over to a local orphanage where he would spend his childhood. There, he learned the harsh reality of the streets. Misery was a survivor and became adept at hiding and stealing whatever he needed, whether it be food, clothing, or trinkets. The orphanage kept him clothed and somewhat educated, but he knew that eventually he would be turned out. So, he prepared himself for the life ahead. He was recruited by the Twin Daggers, unknowingly the ones responsible for Misery's parents death. He quickly climbed the ladder within the nefarious organization and became one of the more profitable recruits for the guild. He was looked upon favorably as being a reliable contribution to their underhanded causes.

Then, he had learned the truth about his mother and father when one of the guildmasters spoke of local townsfolk refusing to make their 'protection payments.' He joked about the killing of the tiefling that ran an old leather shop so many years ago. Misery connected the dots and knew right away that it was this man who was responsible for the years of torment, punishment, and chiding that he had received as an outcast.

Misery snuck into the man's stateroom one dark night and executed him. He stood over the guildmaster's lifeless body and and just spat in his cold, dead face. Knowing that he would be tied to the murder, he fled Springdale. He had to find his freedom from the menace that would be stalking his every turn.

Why is you character in Wroughtwood? Misery is on the run from some of the crime bosses in Springdale. He is looking to start a new life, and Wroughtwood is just a small blip on the road to nowhere. Any place is just as good as any other for now. He needs to earn money until he can figure out what he needs to do and where he needs to go.

What could possibly be compelling you to take a contract to delve into the Shrieking Pits? It is very simple - Money. Misery needs it and a lot of it. To put it into terms we might recognize, the rogue is looking for about three to five years wages fast. With this, he would start a new life. Heck, maybe he would join a lumberjacking trade. But, regardless he is in pursuit of that. Also, what better place in the world to hide from the forces that are pursuing him than a foray into the Pits? He has no family or anyone who he cares about. Therefore, he would have no qualms for heading into the black. His arrival in Wroughtwood was by no means purposely to seek out Dr. Lorn. However, luck has a funny way of having Misery in the right place at the right time.

In character sample writing:

Posting Rate: Multiple times during workday(M-F); once to none on weekends

Last edited by Shaede; 05-16-2019 at 02:11 AM.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:07 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8063
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Warlock app completed.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:47 PM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1055
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
Application
right-aligned image
Kah'la Moonfeather
Race: Wood-Elf
Class: Ranger 2(Revised UA)/ Rogue 1
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Outlander

A tribal hunter hellbent on revenge against all undead

Appearance: Kah'la stands a bit shorter than most elves, only five feet. However she keeps her body lean and fit through exercise and conditioning. Her hair is messy with blue feathers entwined throughout. She wears the furs and leather of the animals she kills and carries handcrafted weapons.

Personality: Kah'la is stoic and introverted though her rage can lead her to be outspoken as well. She prefers action to words and is most uncomfortable when still. She does follow the traditions of her tribe meditating and praying to unknown spirits when the time is right.

Background: A girl raised in a tribal land of forest and steppes Kah'la was already an outcast. She wanted to hunt with the boys instead of marry them. There was one person in the tribe she had eyes for not a chieftain, or elder's son but someone special. So she decided to hunt down a trophy for that person as was customary for hunters to do. She went to the farthest reaches to find a gift for her beloved, and finally after many days took down great owlbear. She was so proud and assured that she would impress her suitor as she journeyed home...
However upon reaching her tribal lands she found the area decimated. she searched for days and found only a mere trace of her family, friends, and love. They had been murdered all of them by an undead swarm that seemed to have come and gone like the wind.
Ever since Kah'la has hunted the monsters and undead of the night. Hoping to find what happened to her tribe, and her oh so sweet Mei'lee.

Last edited by JohnStone; 05-15-2019 at 01:14 AM.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:43 PM
Saath

Tools
User Statistics
Wow! Another couple of awesome apps, you guys.

@Drachenspirit, I think my favorite part about Scarlett Stormblood is her aesthetic! I like how you've integrated her with the little details I gave you, and I feel like she both fits into the world well and stands out as her own unique character perfectly. If anything, I wish your application were longer so I could learn even more about the enigmatic devotee of the Raven Queen!

@Shaede, Misery seems like an interesting build for this dungeon crawl. I like the grit and charisma with which he is described - the influence of the gypsies really comes out in the second part of your app. Unfortunately I must admit that I am unfamiliar with Baldur's Gate, so I feel like there's context that I'm missing? Not sure about that, so maybe I'll look it up. I'd also really like for you to explain a bit more about where the thing with the gypsies lead? And how Misery is to take part in this campaign (like, where did he come from, why is he in this city looking for work, etc.) But where did you get the inspiration for your character?

@Rylus, Artificer looks intriguing to say the least. I skimmed through it, I'll give it a more thorough reading tomorrow when I have time, but so far so good. I'm gonna approve that one for further development! I look forward to seeing what you can come up with for it!

@JohnStone, I don't have a lot of info about Kah'la Moonfeather yet, but just from the picture I think I see where you're going! I hope you complete your application soon!

And again, thanks to everyone for applying! I'm starting to get a clearer picture of how this campaign is going to play, so I'll try and close apps relatively soon. If you want to apply and haven't yet, or if you want to edit your app at all, I suggest you hop to it!

Last edited by Chchazz88; 05-14-2019 at 12:33 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:34 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chchazz88 View Post
... @Drachenspirit, I think my favorite part about Scarlett Stormblood is her aesthetic! I like how you've integrated her with the little details I gave you, and I feel like she both fits into the world well and stands out as her own unique character perfectly. If anything, I wish your application were longer so I could learn even more about the enigmatic devotee of the Raven Queen!
Thanks so much. Sometimes less is more, and some DMs prefer that. On that note, your wish is granted, and I'll add more to her over the next day or so, hopefully today.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:15 AM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4023
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
Old 05-14-2019, 04:59 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Added a bit more to Scarlett's story with a short encounter titled, "Yesterday."
Old 05-14-2019, 07:03 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
If Scarlet Stormblood and Gareth both make the cut, I would like to see about possibly having a connection between the two since they both worship the Raven Queen. Maybe like a joint vision from the Raven Queen or something.