RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-12-2019, 09:47 PM
Evil kitten

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4542
KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat
Final Fantasy D6: Sins Of The Past

Game NameFinal Fantasy D6: Sins Of The Past
Game SystemOther Roleplaying Games
ThemeA world slowly dying in search of it's last possible saviors.
FlavourAdventure to fight back the forces of evil.
Plot SummaryThe world is dying.

You can barely even remember your name, but you can feel the world slowly dying beneath your feet. Mana, once a vibrant energy source that you could tap into, flows faintly through the world, and it is wrong in a way that you can not place words to. This is the world to which you awoke, your body tired and your possessions seemingly aged by the ravages of time you neither felt nor observed.

The great nations of the world are embroiled in war or withdrawn into themselves, the usual arbiters seemingly inactive while chaos reigns. Something calls to you, like a siren’s song which guides your feet to a destination which is both familiar and foreign all in one. A power calls you, for what reason, you can not say… But like a moth to a flame, you head onwards.

For weeks you walk, seeing what became of the world. Each day brings new sorrow, new tragedy, new heartbreak. But finally, you arrive at the destination. A tavern, much like any other. The sign denotes it as The Fat Chocobo, and it is one of the few buildings in this militarized town which seems to have held up well.

On the stage, a young elvaan woman with golden hair like sunlight plucks at a harp, and smiles as she sees you, almost like you are familiar to her. A few others seem to have found tables and watch her with interest. They too seem familiar but you can not put your finger on where or when you saw them, much less who they are.

The performer starts into a story as you find a seat, her voice soft but pure, carrying through the bar on what seems like magic itself. ”Long ago, before the world was born, the light of the six crystals was all there was.” Her fingers dance along the harp as she speaks, creating magical illusions in the air as she goes. ”But it was empty, and so the dark crystal created the first night. But there was something still missing, and the crystal of light created the sun and the stars.”

”’But there is nothing here!’ exclaimed the earth crystal, who then created Terra and the three moons.” The illusionary world spun through the air as its moons joined in the complicated dance around it. ’But nothing on the world moves!’ Exclaimed the water and wind crystals at the same moment, and slowly the world changed. Seas and storms swirled around the world. But soon the water began to freeze, and lastly the crystal of fire acted, warming the early world.”

”And for a time, it was just the crystals, Terra, the moons, the day and night… But the world was still empty. The crystal of earth created the first life, born from the very rock itself. He called them Galka, who would be as strong and durable as the world itself.” Soon the great desert was populated by tribes of Galka, their campfires lighting the desert wastes as the illusion moved through the air. ”Not to be outdone by her brother, the crystal of wind soon brought forth the Mithra. The were blessed by the crystal of wind, for the world would be their home, moving freely as the winds.”

”Soon too they were followed by the Tarutaru in the southern reaches and islands, blessed by the crystal of water to possess great reserves of magic. Humanity was fourth, given the gift of inner fire to see them through the harsh challenges of the frigid northern mountains.” The world quickly began to fill with the lights of campfires and cities as civilizations grew out of those first peoples. ”Finding the world quickly filling with life, the crystal of light created her children in the sky, giving the Elvaan the gift of wisdom. Lastly the dark crystal created vast caverns beneath the earth for the dwarven nations. The dark crystal looked upon the world and could not decide upon a gift to give just her people… For she cared for all those who lived upon the world and gifted them a release at the end of their lives.”

”But the full world was not as peaceful as the crystals would have hoped. War eventually came to their new world. To create peace, each chose a champion… A crystal knight to keep the peace.” The illusionary world faded away until just the light crystal’s knight remained, their face obscured. ”For here our tale takes a turn… For the great knight of the light crystal wished to end the pain and suffering that was death.”

”The knight set forth and snuck into the dark caverns where the dark crystal lay. On entering the dark crystal’s realm, the knight raised their weapon and demanded that the dark crystal surrender and pay for her crimes. The dark crystal did what the knight did not expect, and offered her life to the knight.”

”’If my death would bring you peace, I would gladly give you my life.’” A voice said from one of the tables. The performer smiled almost sadly and picked up the story, ”The knight was confused, shocked that the woman in front of her was not the evil monster that the knight had always assumed. And so the two talked, and slowly became more.” As the two figures moved closer, a third figure entered the scene.

”Abomination!” The illusionary dark knight cried and drew his massive sword. The two knights engaged in battle as the world beneath them shook with the might of their struggle. Round and round the two illusions went as the performer plucked at her harp again. ”The two foes were a match for their opposite in every way… But the knight of the dark crystal was not prepared to fight to a draw. He committed the first Sin and cast a spell to permanently encase both the knight and crystal in stone. He decreed that they should not have been together in life, and so too they should not be together in death.” For those looking closely, the knight’s eyes glowed a faint red as the knight faded away, his eyes last to disappear.

”One by one, the light of the crystals dimmed: earth, wind, water, fire… Until at last the great airships of the Elvaan withdrew… Not to be seen again.” The performer seems sad as she looks at the figures gathered around the stage, making eye contact with each them one by one until she reaches you. ”It has taken me three hundred years to gather the power to undo that dark magic… I fear I am much too late.”

Consider nominating someone yourself when they do an amazing job! Nominate here!

Last edited by KellyCat; 05-24-2019 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:48 PM
Evil kitten

Tools
User Statistics
KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat
Reserved for additional world information and other things one should know. The rulebook can be found here.

Application deadline: June 1st at 8pm PDT. I will be selecting 5 to 6 players (If someone can convince me that they really really really want to play something unique, I will approve on a very rare case by case basis).

Consider nominating someone yourself when they do an amazing job! Nominate here!

Last edited by KellyCat; 05-18-2019 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15925
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
KC, it's been ages since seeing you and this game system.

As to your offering, interesting. Just how epic can our hero's exploits be? Did he actually die or more of a never-found-body?
Old 05-13-2019, 11:27 PM
Evil kitten

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaque View Post
KC, it's been ages since seeing you and this game system.

As to your offering, interesting. Just how epic can our hero's exploits be? Did he actually die or more of a never-found-body?
Good to see a familiar face!

As far as epic goes... Have fun with it. Your character is someone of legend, or if not of legend then of great power. The kinda person that songs and stories would be told about, and there is likely at least one statue to them somewhere. How accurate the stories and statue are, well... That is open to interpretation. Think demigod, Hercules, Merlin... Or conversely they could be someone whom was chosen but didn't want the honor.

My image of how they got to the present is either dead or encased in stone and left for dead. Pick a suitable form, likely at the hands of a particular dark crystal knight. Your character was beaten, and beaten hard.

Also as a note for designing where your character is now... 3rd level.

Old 05-14-2019, 08:22 AM
Dripping with Alchemy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1786
MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds
Wow wow wow! So many FF games defined my childhood, I'm drooling... Reading the rule book now (at work ) and I'm sure I'll have questions, but I'm definitely submitting an application!

APPLICATION COMPLETE
Character Application
left-aligned image
Name: Kayleigh Thorne
Race: Human
Class: Dragoon
Crystal: Earth

right-aligned image
Physical Description:
Height: 1.9m (6'3")
Weight: 88.4kg (195lbs.)
Hair: Brown (with purple streaks)
Eyes: Grey/Blue
Kayl's frame is tall and lithe, but when she removes her plate armor her stature reveals that her long legs and arms sport well-defined muscles that allow her to soar through the air and wield her lance with the practiced ease of a seasoned warrior. She keeps her straight, dark brown hair medium-length and streaked with subtle hues of purple throughout, always finding the time to chop about six inches off once it reaches her shoulders and re-dye some new lines. She tries to keep it swept back and out of her eyes, but when her styling wax runs out or after some intense physical exertion it will often fall in front of her face to her consternation. Her grey-blue eyes are intense and piercing and she keeps dark eyeliner applied to emphasize her gaze when in full battle armor. With high cheekbones, an angular nose, and full lips she often comes off as rather intimidating and exotic at first glance.

Personality:
Quote: "The mistakes of a past life drive me to redemption."
Victory Pose: Kayl twirls her lance planting it blade first then takes one knee, placing both of her closed fists onto the ground,head down.

Through the haze of near-amnesia Kayl can't shake the ever-present yet unexplainable feeling that the world is approaching a precipice from which it can't return, and the sights she has seen over the past few weeks only serve to reinforce that feeling. Death, despair, crime, poverty, ruin... All of it weighs on her shoulders and she bears responsibility that she has no recollection of taking on. Nevertheless, underneath it all burns a devotion to honor and duty and righteousness that could consume all the bad in her heart... if she could only unlock its source in her past.

In public Kayleigh comes off much as her appearance suggests: withdrawn and moody. As she continues to piece together her shadowed history she is reluctant to open up to anyone after several attempts resulted in her being run out of various establishments or town squares with calls of "Traitor!" or "Dragon-lover!" echoing after her. So now she keeps to herself, only doing odd-jobs when necessary for coin and survival. Kayl retains a store of culinary knowledge and finds a surprising amount of solace in cooking and sourcing unique ingredients for the dishes she can inherently prepare with skill and intuition.

Though she doesn't yet know it, Kayl has the potential to open up quite a bit in the company of those she trusts. Her personality warms and compassion shines through, despite her embarrassment at its appearance. She would do anything in the defense of her friends and the goals and dreams they hold dear.

OOC

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ikazi Portrait - Aleksei Vinogradov.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	80190   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ikazi Thorne - mintyfreshtea.png
Views:	261
Size:	203.5 KB
ID:	80192   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dragon Ring.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	80201  

Last edited by MoldyNolds; 05-27-2019 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:44 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: -103
kaiser6012 kaiser6012
While I cannot in good conscience allow myself to make an application for this game (trying to get back into PbP and don't want to overload myself), I am thrilled at the concept of an FF game, being someone running a 4th Ed. FFTT game myself. I wish you luck, and would like to let you know I've looked up and downloaded the FFd6 ruleset myself for future perusal.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:14 AM
Dripping with Alchemy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1786
MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds
@KellyCat question, do we have to commit to one specific crystal during the application process? I wouldn't want to miss out on being chosen because there was a better Earth Crystal applicant when I could have easily chosen Fire instead.

Also, do you have any established lore for Dragons in mind or am I free to incorporate that into Kayleigh's background as I see fit?

Last edited by MoldyNolds; 05-14-2019 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:39 PM
Evil kitten

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyNolds View Post
@KellyCat question, do we have to commit to one specific crystal during the application process? I wouldn't want to miss out on being chosen because there was a better Earth Crystal applicant when I could have easily chosen Fire instead.

Also, do you have any established lore for Dragons in mind or am I free to incorporate that into Kayleigh's background as I see fit?
If I have an embarrassment of riches, I will usually try to work with people... So if you have a character who is flexible, I might drop a subtle hint to someone's message box if they might want to consider switching. That being said... Write the character you REALLY want to play. Tell me of their story, tell me of their world.

As far as dragons go... There are a number of them, usually tied with strong elemental powers. For example, a water dragon might be common towards the southern isles while a wind dragon may like in the great grass sea. If you need to invent some, go ahead. Dragons have long memories if you need a character with a grudge. The more you give me to play with, the more I will use your background.

Old 05-14-2019, 03:20 PM
Evil kitten

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser6012 View Post
While I cannot in good conscience allow myself to make an application for this game (trying to get back into PbP and don't want to overload myself), I am thrilled at the concept of an FF game, being someone running a 4th Ed. FFTT game myself. I wish you luck, and would like to let you know I've looked up and downloaded the FFd6 ruleset myself for future perusal.
The system is very easy to work with, and is much more conductive to storytelling than say classical D&D or pathfinder. Plus it allows for endless combinations of abilities to make almost any kinda character you can imagine.

But welcome back, and I hope that your current game goes well!

Old 05-14-2019, 04:20 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 981
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Okay so I've never seen FFD6 before, but the rest of this looks interesting! I just picked up FF12 for my Switch so I've been on a Final Fantasy kick for the last two weeks and I am remembering why I love the series so much!

If it's okay, I'd like to reserve this post to fill out an application once I am able to later today. If I can build it, I think I'll make a Tarutaru Black mage, since moogle seems off the table.

Last edited by Runetide; 05-14-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:38 PM
Evil kitten

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
Okay so I've never seen FFD6 before, but the rest of this looks interesting! I just picked up FF12 for my Switch so I've been on a Final Fantasy kick for the last two weeks and I am remembering why I love the series so much!

If it's okay, I'd like to reserve this post to fill out an application once I am able to later today.
It is a very easy system to get, so do not worry about not knowing how to play. I can walk anyone through character generation if you would like some assistance. Plus if you have an interesting character idea, I am glad to give some pointers to help make that character a reality.

Old 05-14-2019, 05:28 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Okay! If you would give me pointers I would like that, I found a pdf of it from the GitP forums and it doesn't seem to actually SAY in the character creation portion how to build, it just details what each thing is. @_@

I'm thinking Tarutaru black mage. I thought it might have been cool to play a moogle, but Tarutaru seem great too, after what I remember of them from the MMO.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:52 PM
Evil kitten

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
Okay! If you would give me pointers I would like that, I found a pdf of it from the GitP forums and it doesn't seem to actually SAY in the character creation portion how to build, it just details what each thing is. @_@

I'm thinking Tarutaru black mage. I thought it might have been cool to play a moogle, but Tarutaru seem great too, after what I remember of them from the MMO.
There is a guide to creating your character starts on page 8. So there are a lot of things that are more important or less important at this stage. The mechanics can be a handy place to flesh out what your character can do... But it isn't essential at this stage of the game. You need to get into the game first before anything else.

Race is mostly a flavor thing unless you were going for something exotic. It gives your character some details that can be fun to roleplay. For example... A Tarutaru black mage (as your starting example) would have made their way north... What drew you towards the fire crystal? What did they leave behind? What did they find in that strange land? How were they received?

I ask so you can get some thoughts going.

Old 05-14-2019, 06:05 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Great questions! I understand I'm not *in* the game yet, but just an applicant. I try to understand the mechanics of what I'm playing because I feel it helps me create a holistic character, one that both fits in the world and has some interesting flair.I think that by looking through things at least I can be inspired by concepts I hadn't thought of on my own.

I will think on your questions and use them to springboard my brainstorming. Thank you!
Old 05-14-2019, 06:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15925
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque

AppName: Galahad of the Dawnson
Race: Human/Elvaan hybrid
Class: Paladin
Crystal: Light

Quote:
"Defending your homeland and people, what higher, happier calling could you ask for?"
"Even children know that there are monsters. I remind them that there are also knights who slay the monsters."

Last edited by dbaque; 06-01-2019 at 05:33 PM. Reason: background done, added quote & some PC reactions