RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-13-2019, 12:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2193
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Waeveran Outlaws

Game NameWaeveran Outlaws
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeSandbox, RP Heavy, Standard Encounters, Lite Puzzles, Some Strategy. Massive world for exploration and long-term campaign into Epic levels
FlavourSteampunk, Magic infused Technology, Airships, Planar Travel, High Fantasy.

Plot SummaryAttention: This group will be heavily leaning towards Villains. You are all outlaws of some nature. BUT...You are not the main villains and have no ties to them. Throughout this campaign, your adventures and hooks however are all formulated and based from NPC's that are up to no good. You will be raiding, plundering and pillaging. That being said, you are still in a normal D&D campaign, with normal party expectations of working together as a group to achieve your goals as adventurers. This will be my second group working in the same world as the first group. My first group are 6 players who have been playing since January. We post about twice a week on average. Sometimes more, rarely less.

Will there be PvP?Probably. Though I have heavy restrictions based on combat scenarios between the two parties when they cross. And you will cross. Your objectives will counter one another, your trusted NPC's will most likely be their Untrusted NPC's, etc.

You will also have the SAME major Villains and may find yourselves working with the opposite party to address those situations when they arise. You, are not the main target, nor they yours. If you can agree to the PvP rules, which will be linked below, then we're all good to go! I will provide the selected applicants a Session Zero like beginning, a period of getting to know each others playstyles, characters, etc. We will, at that point, finalize your character sheets.

Backstory:

left-aligned image
Welcome to Waevera, where the dawn of new technology bolstered by the recent discovery of Mana has ushered in a new era of possibilities, wealth and knowledge. Spells and Machinery alike have progressed into new and exciting chapters, mages discovered a fountain of new energy at their disposal while fighters have found new weapons capable of unlocking unlimited potential.

In the world of Waevera, technology has exploded, magic and science are now on the cutting edge of evolving as one. Civilization is changing and moving towards unknown and uncharted exploration. What was once unthinkable is now the achievable.

The world of Waevera is divided, however. Some see new technology as a threat to their way of life, others believe that their Patrons and Deities are displeased and have cast great and unusual storm surges over the seas and deserts of the world. Surges that have rumor of dark oddities and grim aftermath.

Those of which embrace the era, however, are quick to jump aboard the wave of exciting new changes. The new Light Rail is being built across the continents, massive land vehicles are being constructed in ScarlaNoa, while a brand-new Arcane Academy is forming for magical engineering and advancement.

No longer is there a limit to the sky. Change was coming to Waevera...
Will you be one of those that embrace it, fear it or fight it?

Character Situation Background:

right-aligned image

In ScarlaNoa, the citizens have embraced the explosion of a major discovery in technology. Deep within the earth lay hidden pools of a new substance discovered by a local drilling exhibition led by, Gnomish Extraction Expert SticksFiddle Man'anna. Upon his discovery, he sent samples to the various research establishments throughout Waevera, curious about it's potential. Mage academies, Scholar centers, Political counsels and the like, all received a sample for request of study. The findings eventually led into an astounding eruption of new possibilities in several fields. Collectively, the substance was a cohesive glue that could combine the Magical to the Mechanical, more so then a mere spell that required material components to activate, the substance was literally the activator itself. The realm of opportunity was endless, and it quickly was introduced to the world and named after the discoverer, SticksFiddle Man'anna as simply Mana.

It's been one year since the completion of initial findings of Mana and it has already spread its influence over the world, in one way or another. You are no different then any other Waeveran citizen. You have either embraced this technology shift, shunned it because of fear or religious reasoning or just simply choose to ignore it. Whatever your feelings towards it, though, one thing remains true, change was here, all around you or even you, yourself, have changed.

You’ve grown up in the Wildlands, have never ventured from it until now, and life has neither been kind nor fair to you here. Strife and destitution drape over this region like a dense, polluted smog. If you weren’t poor and hungry most of your childhood, then you were one of the lucky ones within a successful tribe, clan or gang that dominated throughout the area. Most young adults either raided, stole, cheated or lied their way through their early years, clamoring to get by and with hope or luck, get ahead.
The Wildlands in Waevera weren’t what most people thought them to be. They weren’t forests or open plains with dangerous animals to hunt and claim a trophy of. They weren’t the places were druids gathered, clinging to their ways and shunning the technology changes across the world. No, the Wildlands are a terrorized region of destruction, abandoned towns, rogue gangs of bandits, large organizations of criminal networks and home to monstrosities straight out of mythical lore openly prowling in broad daylight. This region, not civilized enough to even be considered a State, is a lawless cesspool of miscreants, thieves, terrorists and the like.

With the new advancements in Technology, transportation out of the Wildlands, is more accessible now then ever before and you don’t waste another second to leave. Receiving word from gossipers, there’s job opportunities available for someone of your nature, someone who can handle their own and possess a specific skillset, uniquely yours. You were to meet this Employer at lunch time tomorrow at the Forgotten Barrier’s North Outpost on the border of the militant State of ScarlaNoa. Word was the wall had been re-maned, new weaponry and vehicles appearing at the political line. Perhaps it was the safest place to be right now, within the Wildlands. You can’t help but wonder though, if ScarlaNoa was planning an attack or occupation. It didn’t matter, this place was too far gone, it was time to leave.

Character Restrictions

Alignment- No Lawful Good or Neutral Good. Evil alignments can be used, as long as you keep in mind that you STILL must work as a group.

Race-
No High Elves (Drow are fine), No Halflings, No Aasimar unless Fallen Aasimar, No Water or Air Genasi, Deep Gnomes only, No Dwarves. I do have a unique class called Korrigan that I will link in the next day or so. These restrictions are mainly based on the area of the world you are from. Feel free to PM me with your concept for a good reason to allow one of these restricted races if you have a good idea brewing.

Class- Oathbreaker Paladin only for that class. Please try to stay close to the flavor and setting of the concept as possible when choosing subclasses. We are using Gunslinger and True Artificer, which I will link in the next day or so as I continue to assemble this ad.
I also have a few other subclasses for Druid and Ranger, along with a "Mechanic" class.

Homebrew classes/races- PM with your thoughts and I'll consider it. I'm pretty flexible in the campaign, but this situation is unique and don't want to stray too far from it. UA and Some Homebrew accepted (If there's something you'd like to use, please send me the link and I'll consider it).
Gunslinger we'll be using Gunslinger-homebrew- for the wider range of subclass.
Artificer- We'll be using True Artificer(5e) True Artificer
In addition to the True Artificer, I've included the "Wandslinger" subclass in addition to use with the Class. Page 7 found HERE
Druids- New circles that I am allowing are found here.Druids
I'm also intrigued by this homebrew as well. If you're interested, let me know! Demolitionist

Details:

Multiclassing is allowed. You start at Level 5, 27 Point Buy. You may choose to also put a proficiency in a new skill called Pilot Skill (there are land, sea and air vessels.) when choosing your proficiencies. You start with standard gear + 200 Gold. You may swap out or sell before you start the game for other equipment then what is listed as starting gear.

If you're interested in guilds, the campaign uses Ravnica's guilds, just adjusted for the homebrewed world setting. I have all the information you need on those if you're interested, just let me know during your character creation. We do not heavily emphasize in the guild aspect right now, just know there is plenty of opportunity to join one throughout the game.

I will add a bit more in a few hours or so, but please, if you're interested, feel free to ask questions, put up a placeholder, etc. Im looking at 2 to 3 weeks of total recruitment time. I'd like to get the group started by early June. I am also accepting 6 Players.

Application Template:

When describing your background history, please take all the liberty you need in creating your own "hometown", tribe, clan or gang. The Wildlands is completely open in creating player made places. Please keep in mind, this region is utter chaos and lawlessness. Its a hard life here, there's no real opportunity to get rich or even ahead. You barely get by. Small towns ran by bandits, large ruined urban areas controlled by organized crime, burnt or dark woodlands, are all there in the Wildlands.

Character Name
Gender, Age, Race
Class /Subclass
Alignment (edited in updated)-
Appearance- 1 to 2 Paragraph description. Include a small formated picture.

Personality- List two traits and supply your character perspective as to why those apply to them. 1 to 2 Paragraphs per trait (min).

Background(no knights or nobles) Please include how your background selection has shaped your character in your History.

History
Include why you've chosen your alignment and how it reflects your character in their history.

RP Sample: This will be done with an existing member of the first group in Waevera that is currently running as part of your background/history. It will be considered recent history for the both of you in the story. I will let you know when the time comes, for the RP sample to start.

Please include your average posting availability. My current group posts about 2 times a week. I'd like to stick to that. The min. is Once a week regardless. I will move the story forward without you and if you disappear without notice, will replace you after two missed weeks.

ALL UPDATES TO THIS THREAD WILL BE SEEN HERE BELOW THE LINE, INCLUDING THE WIP/COMPLETED TABLE

Application Table
Player Name Character Name Race Class Status (WIP/ Complete) 
tom0eh Anarchy Tiefling Bard-College of Whispers Complete 
Silent Rain Seven Warforged Envoy Hexblade Warlock Complete  
Rylus Gabriel Dedrik Tiefling(winged) Gunslinger/Artificer Complete 
Odyssey Jayme Booker Human (v.) Rogue-Swashbuckler Complete  
Bookfellow Basil Blaggerstahl Human Rogue/Demolitionist, Font of the Engineer Complete  
Quick Ben Haylen Corver Korrigan Artificer-Wandslinger Complete 
Mostlymad Riot Abyssal Tiefling Wild Magic Sorcerer Complete ? (pending RP)  
delphinator miacyne Wood Elf Rogue/Fighter WIP 
sneakybastard The Wanderer ??? ??? Complete (pending RP)  
cookieyummy Sycorax Wood Elf Druid-Circle of Corruption/Pestilence Complete (pending RP )  
Astra Claire Blackwater Human (v.) Rogue/Warlock-Great Old One Complete (Started RP)  
Nasrith Dallen Blackwater Human (v) Wild Magic Sorcerer Complete (Started RP) 
Craigthulu Aveli F. Aasimar Oathbreaker Pally/Rogue-Assassin Complete (pending RP) 
Jim Faindel Shinran Gutoku Korrigan Monk-Way of the Open Hand Complete (pending RP) 
lydklein Neqine Tiefling Mechanic-Weaponsmith WIP 
JohnStone Kerra Black Human Cleric (Death/Grave) WIP  
MontageManiac Shiruk Aarakocra Kensai Monk/Grave Cleric Complete (Pending RP) 
epelj1 Dakota Ta'lor Korrigan Gunslinger-Desperado Complete ? (pending RP) 

Application Template Update:

#1- I see I forgot to ask for your alignment in the character application template. Please, if you haven't included one, do so. Sorry bout that.

Wildlands Update:
I should of mentioned, that this region is landlocked. No available ocean or sea if you were hoping to use it in your background.
ScarlaNoa is your northern neighboring state. To the south, east and west are other regions or states. I'll get a map up shortly for you guys.

Steampunk PDF - Mechanic Page 68. Ranger Subclass Sky Pirate also in use from this PDF. Steampunk Campaign PDF

APPLICATION DEADLINE ANNOUNCEMENT

I will be closing Applications June 3rd and Selections announced on June 7th. If your character is still in their RP sample by the 6th, I will wrap the scenario up and consider it completed.

MAP Files (Basic Maps)
World Map

Regional Map

UPDATE: NO NEW APPLICATIONS AFTER MAY 23rd. WIP characters still have until June 3rd to finish up. Selections and announcements will be on June 7th!

Last edited by MeredithS; Yesterday at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:11 PM
Some Believe in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1108
Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra
Posting interest, application to come, planning to roll a rogue.

Last edited by Astra; 05-14-2019 at 01:50 AM.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2451
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
This will be my placeholder.

Character Name:
Gabriel Dedrik

Gender, Age, Race:
Male/24/SCAG Variant: Winged feral if allowed. Tiefling
Class /Subclass:
PreacherGunslinger3/WandslingerArtificer2
Alignment:
Neutral Evil
Description:
Gabriel stands around six feet in height and weighs a solid two hundred and fifty pounds, unlike most of the other inhabitants of the wild lands he looks well fed and has meat on his bones though he is not exactly muscular or fat but that middle ground area. His platinum blond hair it braided in a tight ponytail from the widows peak on to the back of his neck and hangs just below his shoulders in the pack. Both sides of his head are shaven clean and he has no facial hair to speak of. His light purple skin is marred with many, many scars ranging from tiny almost invisible to large hard to miss across his back. His horns curl out and then back almost forming what would look like a crown to most people. His eyes are a piercing red in color and hold burning passion that few realize is directed at machinery and not murder but the two are hard to tell apart in these troubling times.

He wears a set of black leather armor with blood red studs embedded in it that is remarkably well kept given the chaos that surrounds him. Arrayed around his waist in various pouches and bags that are carefully placed around his weapons are his tools. On his right hip are a light hammer and a hand ax. The hammer head looks like an anvil and the haft is made of some charred black wood while the ax head is made of some reddish metal with a blood red handle that ends with a black spike at the top and bottom. On his left hip is his prized possession, a pistol made of cobbled together bits of iron, copper, and brass that if found laying on the ground people would have a hard time identifying but in Gabriels hands it is a terrifying and beautiful weapon. Across his back is his second favorite item, with a long brass barrel, iron trigger components, and a white ash stock it is unmistakable to anyone who had ever seen one...a rifle.

Background:
Feature: Criminal ContactCriminal
Personality Trait- I don't pay attention to the risks in a situation. Never tell me the odds.
Ideals- I will do whatever it takes to become wealthy, because wealth will allow me vengeance.
Bond- Someone I loved died because i wasn't strong enough. That will never happen again.
Flaw- When faced with a choice between Tech and my friends, I usually choose the Tech.

History:
"Your lookin for my history huh? Careful, those who find out don't live long most of the time."

RP Sample:

Post rate: I go with the flow, being able to post multiple times per week but i don't like to outpost other players so i try to match the post rate of everyone else in the game.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gabriel.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	80184  

Last edited by Rylus; 05-21-2019 at 05:10 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:44 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 166
tom0eh tom0eh
Character Name: Anarchy
Gender, Age, Race: Female, 24, Tiefling
Class /Subclass: Bard, College of Whispers
Background: Urchin
Alignment:Chaotic Neutral

Appearance:
right-aligned image

Anarchy is a Tiefling, which of course comes with a unique look even in the Wildlands. But, there's nothing a smile can't overcome. Despite her light grey skin and darker grey horns, Anarchy offsets it with a smile so bright it's almost jarring against her other more devilish features. And her green, playful and almost mischievous eyes sit above a long scar that runs from one side of her face, over the bridge of her nose and to the other side which seems to suggest that mischievous side could have gotten her in trouble at some point.

Her short and slender frame is covered by dark leather armor that's simple, but well maintained. Above that, she wears a long green cloak, that seems perfectly chosen to match her own eye color. All assembled, her look is an odd dichotomy where an evil, infernal look is in stark contrast to lighter colors and a more jovial attitude, leading to an odd but not off-putting final composition.

Personality:
Anarchy first of all is a happy person, and will do whatever she feels she needs to do to maintain that happiness. Even if someone is useful to her, if they are keeping her from being happy it will quickly become an issue to her. If people stand in the way of her having a good time, they are as big of enemies as anyone else. But then similarly, even if people are of no use to her, if they still buy her a drink or enjoy her songs, they are as close to her best friends as anyone else. Life is short, especially in the Wildlands. So why waste any time at all being unhappy?

Secondly, Anarchy would call herself an opportunist, but others would maybe call her egocentric or a narcissist. To her, people will always come and go and everyone's lives intersect at random with everyone else's. There's no point in growing any true attachments or giving anyone your full loyalty. You only need to care about number one, and everyone else is only there to make sure you do exactly that.

History:
Anarchy grew up in the small town of Virie in the Wildlands. As was the case for everyone in these lands, life wasn't easy. As a young child though, Anarchy was thankful she at least had a close circle of people around her including two loving parents and a handful of kids her age. Virie was a sheltered place, although growing up Anarchy had no idea this was the case. Her parents, just like many of the others in Virie were simple farmers and as a general rule they shunned the technology that was becoming more and more prevalent in the world, opting for a simpler life.

In between working on the lands, which Anarchy didn't hate, she had plenty of time to play with her circle of friends including her best friend, a human named Kali. The two of them were nearly inseparable as kids, experts at hide and seek and always with some kind of inside joke between them. Together, they were an unstoppable team and life was great.

Or it was, until the village was set on by a group of raiders with technology the likes of which Anarchy had never seen. Very quickly, all of that thankfulness was lost as the village was aflame and the townsfolk had to scatter into the surrounding woods to try to escape. In the chaos, Anarchy lost sight of her parents and before she could turn back to try to find them she was scooped up by one of the other adults of the village and swept away to safety. In the morning when the dust settled, Anarchy went back to find any sign of her parents, and could not find a single one. There, she found Kali, who was just discovering that her parents had not survived the attacks.

Frustrated, terrified and panicking, the two of them ran away from all that they knew in what was left of Virie. Kali just to get away from the pain, and Anarchy to find some kind of clue as to where her parents had gone. As long as there were no bodies found she refused to give up hope. Bouncing around from village to village in the Wildlands, the two continued to be inseparable and grew up working in pubs and taverns, learning to talk to people and learning how to pull rumors and secrets from them, always in hopes of finding that one final clue. From time to time, Anarchy worked with small groups of bandits to see if they would admit to the destruction of Virie but through the years she struck out time and time again. Through the years, Anarchy learned about people, and about the sad state of the world. All of these experiences molded and shaped her, until she found that there was very little light to this world after all, beyond the tiniest handful of experiences in her travels.

Kali, on the other hand, began to pull away from the trips out with bandits and thugs. Soon, one of their more frequented villages became a sort of permanent home for Kali, and it wasn't long until Kali revealed to Anarchy that she had met a man and was wanting to settle down and start a family. Because of this, she wouldn't be able to join her on the adventures. The only family Anarchy had left was choosing to leave her, too.

Pulling away, Anarchy dove headfirst into her travels, into working as a singer and storyteller in taverns to distract herself from the fact that she had lost her family for a second time. She began to succumb to heavier drinking, to more chaotic urges, to speaking her mind whenever she wanted just to poke the bear and make life more exciting. The light of hope in Anarchy's gut began to fade and be replaced by this faux love of the world, by this fake infatuation with adventure. Eventually, the character that was being played in order to learn about her parents' disappearance became a strong enough front that even Anarchy was beginning to convince herself it may be who she is. It would have to be who she is...what other choice did she have?

The search faded as she convinced herself that her short life would be better spent by enjoying her own time. If her parents were alive, they clearly didn't care enough about her - so why should she care about them? And if the alternative was that they simply were not alive, she wasted a lot of time on a mission that was doomed from the start. And now with Kali abandoning her too, it became obvious that you could never trust a single person. Soon, Anarchy realized that people just come into and out of your life as they will, even the ones close to you and there is nothing you can really do about it. The world is evil and uncaring. The best you can do to fight those tides is to live your own life. To find your own personal happiness, no matter what others think. To be carefree, and to just ride the waves of anarchy.

Posting Availability: I would certainly be able to keep up with the schedule of posting twice per week at a minimum.

Last edited by tom0eh; 05-21-2019 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Alignment update after the RP sample.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
@tom0eh- Nice application! Thank you = ) I have very minor tweaks right now on her, but encourage you to give her a few more descriptors in her past. (You don't HAVE to do this, but I thought we could flesh her out more together a bit). I see her roundabout flaw with no problem, but does she have any other flaws she's aware of? A bad habit, a big mouth, etc? Maybe tell me more a bit about her circle of friends, picking one name and running with it a bit? I'd love to hear more about her past.

Last edited by MeredithS; 05-13-2019 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 628
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
WIP
right-aligned image
Character Name: Seven
Race: Warforged Envoy
Class/Subclass: Warlock Hexblade
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Appearance: Seven stands about six feet tall and resembles that of a human. His body is covered in composite plating that allows flexibility of movement, but is also as durable as metal. His face consists solely of a large optical lens that emits a feint yellow glow. He has not taken to wearing clothes, as he does not see any tactical advantage in doing so. He posses no physical characteristics of gender, though he identifies as a male. He does not usually carry any supplies or equipment that cannot be integrated into his frame.

Personality:
I don’t run from evil. Evil runs from me
Seven has no sympathy for those that exist solely to pray on others. The simplest solution is to eliminate them by any means necessary. This might place him at odds with certain laws in more civilized areas, but he is willing to take on the mantle of 'monster' to serve the greater good.

I refuse to become a victim, and I will not allow others to be victimized.
Seven spent years being victimized and forced to do another's bidding. He has a special hatred for those that would take advantage of others or force their will upon them.

Background: Haunted One
Seven has literally lost everything and everyone he as ever known. He now lives in a world that he does not know and does not know him. His feeling of loneliness and isolation is often apparent to those that meet him. Because of this, he intentionally keeps others at a distance and offers very little of himself to those he travels with.

RP Sample: This will be done with an existing member of the first group in Waevera that is currently running as part of your background/history. It will be considered recent history for the both of you in the story. I will let you know when the time comes, for the RP sample to start.

Posting availability: Daily

Last edited by Silent Rain; 05-14-2019 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:00 PM
Creature of the Deep

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3405
Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith
Been kicking myself since not applying to the first one. High likelihood of application coming sometime in the next week.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Awesome! Looking forward to it!
Old 05-13-2019, 09:04 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2451
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Old 05-13-2019, 09:20 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1348
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
The Benefactor
right-aligned image

Jayme Booker
Theme
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Rogue, Swashbuckler
Alignment: TN

Appearance:
Jayme Booker is a bit of a silver fox. He’s broad-shouldered, athletic with rugged features and has an effortless a smile; although it’s a poisonous smile, and it often lulls the unwary into a false sense of security. As handsome as he is, his looks have been marred by a near decade-old injury to the right side of his face, and it has rendered the eye on that side nearly useless.

His story always changes why his long hair is bone white. It swings from ‘hexed by a hedge witch,’ ‘stared death herself in the eye,’ and ‘had a rowdy night with an incubus.’ The list is endless but never the truth-- at least, as far as anyone can tell. Some would immediately notice the walk of a seasoned militia veteran; his bearing and air always one of import and authority. He has never openly spoken about any service, and none before have had the grit to ask him.

Booker is always seen dressed in functional attire, and never poorly dressed. On the off chance that he’s witnessed in a disheveled state, there’s a good chance he’s hungover.

Personality:
I’m a self-described entrepreneur. I take an opportunity, and I supply the opportunity. Everyone has dreams but not everyone has the money, and I can provide that as well-- for a price. ‘Lone Shark’ is such a deplorable narrative...I prefer ‘benefactor.’ Of course, what business would I be organizing if I only had one source of income? I have done work as a broker by negotiating trafficking deals, selling a plethora of secrets from all sources, a dealer in some...illicit merchandise. It goes without saying that it isn’t possible for me to run everything myself, in which case, I’m always on the lookout for employable talent. As long as they don’t get wise. Nothing is more troublesome once a doddering decrepit that gets the idiotic notion that, because they’re talented, they’re not expendable. It never fails to amuse me to prove them wrong.

Reputation is everything, and I am loyal to my word. It's better for business that way. If you don’t have a reputation, it invites feeble minds somehow believe they can get away with insults. Some might say I’m cruel, but I’d like to think I’m decisive. I am better than to waste my own time by galavanting around the issue, allowing slander or lies to my face-- or behind my back. It takes cunning and a sharp mind to act swiftly, and I assure you if the punishment is swift and ruthless, profits rise. None come to me with stupid ideas or childish insolence and makes the entire process smooth in the long run. That being said, my word is nothing to scoff at. Once a deal is made I aim to complete it without hesitation. It would be bad business if I simply lied to clients or connections, exploitation aside.

Background: Criminal - Two commodities are universally the most valuable. Time and money. And in most cases, there is little of both to spare. There’s where Booker comes in. A favor for a favor, a loan, a mediator for an illicit sale, a seasoned trafficker, Jayme Booker has done it all. Few make it far without the help of a benefactor or a good middleman when the situation calls for one. The rich, the powerful, the poor, the desperate alike need someone to streamline the process and get things done, and he has no preference of who comes to him for a job-- he takes no sides...Unless coin counts as a side, that is.

History: Booker had an ordinary childhood-- for the Wildlands, anyway. Jayme Booker was born in Chestermore in The Golden Stag brothel to a simple harlot. His father took him at a young age to raise him alongside his brothers and sister. Kerberos, a militiaman himself, brought up all his children to be soldiers but as Jayme grew, however, he wasn’t content on being mere foot-fodder. He had talents and a way with words, something his family didn’t understand. But these skills proved useful as he swiftly rose through the ranks and surpassed elder siblings.

He advanced himself by adopting a pure ideology of aiding those who aided him and harming those who harmed him. Wherever profit was to be had, Booker was in the center of it, and his exploits gained a name for himself. He was never one to lean one way or the other when it came to moral cruxes, only ever considers what would be the most desirable outcome, and what seemed to be the most profitable.

Despite what others might perceive, or how he deceives others into thinking, he is not the proverbial biggest fish in the pond, but after years of grunt work, he got the much-desired attention from those of importance. And finally, the day came when he got his reward...And much to his dismay, it wasn’t what he expected.

RP Sample: TBA

Flaws:
- I’m terrorized by things I’ve seen, and I drink to excess to forget.
- My ruthlessness has gotten me a reputation-- and the consequences that come with it.
- I’m far too cunning and witty for my own good.

Posting availability: I have a few games where I post daily (or sometimes more, depending), so I can certainly swing the posting rate of twice a week.

Last edited by Odyssey; 05-20-2019 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Rylus

Hey Odyssey, Nice to see ya = ) Can't wait to see what you come up with !
Old 05-14-2019, 06:41 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 166
tom0eh tom0eh
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithS View Post
@tom0eh- Nice application! Thank you = ) I have very minor tweaks right now on her, but encourage you to give her a few more descriptors in her past. (You don't HAVE to do this, but I thought we could flesh her out more together a bit). I see her roundabout flaw with no problem, but does she have any other flaws she's aware of? A bad habit, a big mouth, etc? Maybe tell me more a bit about her circle of friends, picking one name and running with it a bit? I'd love to hear more about her past.
That all makes sense to me! I'll give it a think and update soon!
Old 05-14-2019, 11:44 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Odyssey- I like your concept with the message you included for me. Def. workable and believable in this part of the world. Likin where you're headed with Jayme.

@Silent Rain- Im diggin this Warforged alot. Excited to see you develop him further for sure.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:49 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 628
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
@MeredithS Thanks, me too
Old 05-14-2019, 12:08 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1348