twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 01:03 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27806
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Pick One: CotCT or RotRL

Deadline: CLOSED!

5/23: So everyone is asking for games and this only gets 5 apps in about 10 days. Apps are closed and if the ones who did post finish their App, they are in the game. Otherwise it's canceled. Yes, Dig is in a mood.

What is happening here?I am taking applications for FIVE (5) players for one of two Pathfinder AP's. Dragon or Giants? Which one will be selected by YOU, those who choose to apply. Interested? Then please read on...

The two APs are Curse of the Crimson Throne or Rise of the Runelords. Both were published by Piazo in 2007 – 2008. They both are comprised of 6 separate campaigns and both start with Level 1 PC's and end at about Level 16. The former starts in Korvosa, the later in Sandpoint, both in the Pathfinder world of Golarion. Below is the Adventure Background for each:

OK, tell me more.Hey there and thanks for reading this far. I have been a part of RPGx since 2005 and have both DM'ed and played lot's of games. I am known for being a bit different. If you actually READ this post, you have a good shot at getting in the game. If you just skim it, it's likely you won't make it. More on that below.

I am here on RPGx to have fun and do what I enjoy; playing RPGs. That is always the number one factor in any decision I make. If a game becomes work, I am done. You should be too.

I own all six campaigns listed above, plus the Map folio and Players Handbook for both. I will only be running ONE of them now. Which will be determined by the votes of the Players selected to play. Along with your application (see How to Apply below) you will pick ONE of the AP's. Once all five players are selected, the AP with the most votes will be the one I run.

Both AP's are for four (4) PC's. I will accept 5 because someone always drops out. If you have questions on this, or anything else, please ask.

What Material is allowed?Here is the source list that I will allow. It is complete and asking If _________ is also OK will likely remove you from being selected. I choose players who READ all of the advert that I take the time to write. Questions about a specific Item, spell, trait, skill, etc. from my listed sources is fine.

♦ Pathfinder Core Rulebook
♦ Advanced Race Guide
♦ Advanced Class Guide
♦ Advanced Player’s Guide
♦ Tome of Secrets
♦ Ultimate magic
♦ CotCT Players guide OR RotRL Players Guide, respectively

As DM, I reserve the right to veto anything that I believe will not enhance the game.

What are some of the game rules?While the application process is ongoing, I will be setting up the game folder and posting more and detailed information. That area is here, however please do NOT post there until/if selected. For now, here are some of the base rules that I will use for this game.

I strongly suggest you do NOT create a PC Sheet unless you are selected. Doing so will not help. Do NOT post a link to one if you choose to make it.

Starting Level: 1
Stats: Epic Fantasy25 Point Buy
Exp Mode: Fast
Starting EXP: 300
HP: Max at level 1, Roll or Half + 1average after that
Starting Wealth: 100 GP
Starting Items: You have place to live in your hometown. It is small but it's your space and you may assume it's secure. Room at parents house, your own dwelling or a rented room in a large Inn. It is paid for until you return there.
You have four (4) sets of clothing and one (1) set of armor appropriate to your class. You also have two (2) weapons appropriate to your class. One (1) is Masterwork quality. You have basic equipment: Backpack, tent, blanket, rope, tools of your trade. You do not need to buy these things but you must list them on your sheet.
Hero Points: Yes. You start with one (1) and gain one (1) per level. Max at any time is three (3). Use them or lose them.
Multiclass: Yes to start at Level 5 (second Campaign)

How to ApplyImportant: I will be making a table linked to all applications. If you post interest, your application MUST BE IN THAT POST. Do not post interest and then apply in another post later. Edit your first post. Failure to do this WILL remove you from selection.

Your Application should only include the below information. Adding more will not help and you might be removed from selection. Do NOT include a picture or portrait.

PC's Name:
PC's Gender:
PC's Race:
PC's Class:
PC's Home City: (Where were you born)
PC Background: Who are you? Describe your youth, friends, family, skills, hobbies, etc. Remember, you start at Level 1. Do NOT write more than five (5) Paragraphs. Make be believe it.
-----------------------------------------------------
Player: Vote for AP: CotCT or RotRL ONLY
Player: Have you ever played or DM'ed either AP? A yes alone will not disqualify you.
Player: If yes, when and what role? Did you complete the AP?
Player: Why are you applying for this game? Do NOT write more than Three (3) Paragraphs.

How I select Players
All applications are scored from 0 to 10 points as shown:

Application Rules (Max 1):
0 for not followed*
1 for followed
*A 0 here will disqualify your application. If you cannot or will not follow my instructions while applying for the game then I do not trust that you will follow the more involved game/house rules or read posts thoroughly.

Grammar and Spelling (Max 2):
0 for many errors
1 for some errors
2 for very few errors

PC Background(Max 5):
0 for cliché/bland
1 for lackluster
2 for mediocre
3 for good
4 for excellent
5 for riveting and original

CS or New Member (Max 2):
0 for not a CS or not a new member*
1 for CS OR a new member*
2 for a CS and also a new member*
*I try and always have one under 100 Postsnew member in every game when I can.

Once all applications are scored I select the top five players. In the event of a tie I may ask for a challenge question and use that to break the tie.

Important: I will not use PC Class as a factor to make a diverse party. The final choice of class can be changed after selection if you want to do so. How the party is formed is up to you, the players. Five Bards? Fine with me. Good luck with that.

Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.

Last edited by Digorig; 05-23-2019 at 03:37 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:04 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Game Apps
Update: 5/18/19

Player PC Vote Status
RacesWild Daris Verzain CotCT Accepted
suburbanplankton Garok RotRL Accepted
Caveman Malia CotCT Accepted
Sellus Vel CotCT Accepted
JackinIrons TBD TBD Accepted

Interest = Interest posted
WIP = Application started
Applied = Application Done, not reviewed
Complete = Application reviewed
Accepted = Player accepted
Rejected = Application is disqualified

FAQs

Q. What is the meaning of life?
A. 42

Q. Where is that Game Folder stuff you mentioned at?
A. Right here

Q.
A.

Last edited by Digorig; 05-23-2019 at 03:37 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1227
RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild
PC's Name: Daris Verzain
PC's Gender: Male
PC's Race: Aasimar
PC's Class: Paladin
PC's Home City: Magnimar
PC Background: Born in Magnimar 22 years ago, Daris was the son of a local priest of Sarenrae. His mother died during childbirth, and it was left up to his father, Nathyris, to find a way to bring a child up, with the greatest of hopes and dreams. WIP
Player: Vote for AP: CotCT
Player: I have not DM'd nor played in either.
Player: N/A
Player: These are two Modules that I would have loved to play early on, just hearing people explain some things (these thing I have forgotten). I am a fan of modules, as well as homebrew stuff, and see there even in the modules, it is easy to develop a history for a character.

Last edited by RacesWild; 05-17-2019 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:53 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 939
suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton
PC's Name: Garok, "Seer of Secrets"
PC's Gender: Male
PC's Race: Human (Shoanti)
PC's Class: Bloodrager
PC's Home City: No home city - Garok was born in the shadow of the Spindlehorn
PC Background:
Garok was a "chosen one". At least, that's what they told him. He was born on a moonless night, when a comet appeared in the sky, during the pilgrimage to the Spindlehorn; apparently those were all "signs" that he was destined for greatness. All through his childhood, the shamans poked and prodded him, he was shown off like a prized stallion to visiting clansmen, and every waking minute seemed to be scrutinized by the crones - and we was pretty sure they were watching him as he slept, as well. All he wanted to do was be like all of the other children - playing games, riding, learning to hunt - but there were "greater tasks" for him. He needed to "prepare himself for great things"...but nobody could ever tell him what these great things were supposed to be...

Things began to change for Garok on his 10th birthday. He had been chosen to make the journey to the Spindlehorn and to sit with the shamans as they held their assembly. On the night of his birthday, he had a terrible dream; he was on an island, in the middle of a raging sea, while fire rained from the sky, boiling the oceans around him. He woke the entire tent with his screams, and when he told the elders what he had dreamt, they were extremely excited. He must have retold the story a dozen times throughout the day, while the shamans argued about what it meant. On through the following night the discussions dragged, but no consensus was reached, except for the fact that it foretold some great and horrible doom.

Garok continued to have dreams, and the dreams continued to be analyzed and scrutinized, but Garok's life had been forever changed, and for the better. No longer were all his movements watched, all his activities "guided"; it seemed that his destiny had been revealed. he was a "dreamer", and his dreams would reveal the future, for the Shundar-Quah, for all Shoanti, and for the whole of Golarion. Of course, Garok was only the dreamer; he could not interpret the things that he saw. but that suited Garok just fine; as long as he kept having the dreams at night, his days were free for whatever pursuits he fancied. The next ten years of his life seemed like bliss; he could ride, and hunt, and even raid. He could talk with the shamans, and eat with the crones...and all the while, his dreams, deciphered and interpreted by the shamans, guided the clan. And the clan prospered; game was plentiful, their warriors were strong, their horses were swift and healthy.

On the night of Garok's twentieth birthday, he had the dream again. It was the same as ten years earlier, down to the last thunderclap. Once again, the shamans argued into the night over what it foretold. This time, when they emerged from their council, the message was clear; Garok must leave the clan, and join the world of "civilized men".

Player: Vote for AP: RotRL
Player: Have you ever played or DM'ed either AP? No
Player: If yes, when and what role? Did you complete the AP? N/A
Player: Why are you applying for this game?

I'm looking for a game that will last, both in the sense of "the DM won't get tired of running it" and "the game can continue into higher levels". The fact that this is a Pathfinder Adventure Path takes care of the latter, and the fact that the DM has over 23,000 posts in this site speaks well toward the former.

Last edited by suburbanplankton; 05-16-2019 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:34 AM
Pure Scotch beef.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4645
Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman
PC's Name: Malia
PC's Gender: Female
PC's Race: Changeling
PC's Class: Cleric
PC's Home City: Born in the wilds of Varisia and brought up by her mother, moved to Korvosa on her death.
PC Background: Who are you? Describe your youth, friends, family, skills, hobbies, etc. Remember, you start at Level 1. Do NOT write more than five (5) Paragraphs. WIP
Player: Vote for AP: CotCT ONLY
Player: Neither for CotCT, playing in RotRL
Player: Wizard in RotRL, at the start.
Player: Why are you applying for this game? From the reviews I've seen of Curse it sounds really interesting - I like the idea of a city-based campaig, and I have some evidence that the DM know what he's doing
Old 05-16-2019, 04:32 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Sellus Sellus
PC’s Name: Vel
PC’s Gender: Male
PC’s Race: Human
PC’s Class: Ranger
PC’s Home City None. He lives in the Shroudwood close to Wilkesmont in the River Kingdoms.
PC’s Background: Ever since he woke up on the pallet in the extra bedroom of Doran’s cabin, Vel doesn’t remember anything past 5 years. Doran tells him that he found Vel in the forests entering the Shroudwood. He found Vel in broken armor, sword in hand and on the brink of death. The only other significant possession that he could was a signet ring with an inscription saying “To Vel, all my love”.
With nothing much to go by, Vel stayed with Doran and learned under the half-elf’s tutelage. He learned to hunt, track game and the use of a bow. He learned how to speak elven and the use of his sword. All of that and more. Vel never thought about much else other than the present. With no memory of who he was, he focused on who he is now and didn’t feel the need know more than that. That was until his dreams.

One day he started dreaming of things he’s never seen before. The face of a raven haired beauty with curled hair would appear in his dreams. He would dream of a thunderous battle between him and strange brown haired man. A child with dark hair spinning and laughing. Whether they were dreams or his memories surfacing, he did not know. They plagued him at nights making him wake in a cold sweat. He knew deep down that he would have to leave and search out these people.

After weeks of internal debate, he explained to his mentor that he must leave. With just a nod, Doran handed him his old equipment that had been repaired and gave him a masterly crafted bow. Although he may not know what kind of man he was or what his past was like, he knew what kind of man he is now. Pack shouldered, he set out in the morning sun.

Player: Vote for AP: CotCT
Player: Have you ever played or DM'ed either AP? A yes alone will not disqualify you. Currently playing in RotR
Player: If yes, when and what role? Did you complete the AP? Currently playing and I am playing Healer.
Player: Why are you applying for this game? Do NOT write more than Three (3) Paragraphs. I am interested in playing another AP and CotCT sounds like it would be interesting to play.

Last edited by Sellus; 05-17-2019 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:31 PM
This Guy!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10908
JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons
Application
Name: Aridam Bromathan | Gender: Male | Race: Human | Class: Inquisitor (Preacher) | Home City: Korvosa (East Shore)

Background: Aridam Bromathan was born in Korvosa, the only son of Ixidorr and Aria Bromathan. Though he was born to the House of Bromathan, his parents were considered an offshoot from the main line. But even though he never had much chance of inheritance, he was still born into wealth and privilege.

Aridam was raised with good tutors and trainers and he became a skilled young man. But he was protected from hardship for all of his childhood and that protection caused its own damage. Aridam grew up arrogant and reckless. As he grew into his teen years, he chased after thrills and fun. But that desire for something he never had led him down a path into darkness and addiction.

In his wanderings through bars and alleys, Aridam was eventually introduced to a man named Gaedran Lamm, a man who offered the troubled young man an experience of ecstasy that he wouldn't find anywhere else. And so Aridam was given his first taste of Shiver. And for a couple years it became his light and life.

The years passed quickly enough, but much of the time was blurred for the young man, and some was forgotten. He lived for the visions in his sleep, doing whatever he could to secure the next high. But as things progressed, he found that he needed more of the drug to affect him. And in desperation he saved up for months so he could really indulge in the feelings. But it turned out to be too much. His mother found him as he lay dying in his bed. In a panic, she sent for Valdur, who responded within the hour. Through the priest's work, Aridam's life was saved.

With his life in his hands, and after several stern lectures about his responsibility to his House, Aridam began to slowly change. His near brush with death made his mind dark and less intent on social engagement. He spent the next few years working with Lord Valdur in the church, in order to forge himself into a stronger man and to atone for the trouble he had caused. He also tried to find a way to stop Gaedran Lamm, but it seemed that talk of his change had hit the alleys and the man became much harder to find. But Aridam knew he couldn't give up, and let others fall into the same trap that he had.

Vote for AP: CotCT Only

Played or DMed either AP: I've played the beginning of RotRL. No experience with CotCT.

If Yes, what role? Did you complete it? Just the beginning of RotRL. I played a magus focused on dueling.

Why are you applying to this game? With a couple of my other games falling through the cracks, I was on the lookout for something that could be interesting. For CotCT in particular, the AP seems like it'd be pretty interesting. I like urban games and I like intrigue, and judging from guide, it seems like there would be room for that.

Last edited by JackinIrons; 05-23-2019 at 04:54 PM.
Old 05-23-2019, 03:33 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
Really? People complaining there are not enough games and this gets 5 Apps in almost 10 days? What is going on here?

I am in a mood. Apps are now closed and if you five are still interested, you are all in. COMPLETE your APP for CotCT by Monday, 5/27 and you are accepted.

If the 5 App are NOT complete, I will cancel the game.

Dig.

Last edited by Digorig; 05-23-2019 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-23-2019, 03:35 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13200
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
DAMMIT!! I saw this a few days ago and marked it to get back to. Just my luck that my timing is a few minutes lousy lol. Well good luck with it folks. Dig ought to give you an exceptional adventure.

Last edited by ogamodyna; 05-23-2019 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:29 AM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8338
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy
Most people (that I have talked to) are exceedingly tired of starting at level 1 for a game to die with barely any progress. I know several who won’t even consider a game below level 4.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:12 AM
Pure Scotch beef.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4645
Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimmy View Post
Most people (that I have talked to) are exceedingly tired of starting at level 1 for a game to die with barely any progress. I know several who won’t even consider a game below level 4.
That seems to be the advantage this game has - digorig ain't goin' nowhere any time soon!
Old 05-24-2019, 10:31 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2543
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
I was waiting on results on other apps before applying.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:17 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogamodyna View Post
DAMMIT!! I saw this a few days ago and marked it to get back to. Just my luck that my timing is a few minutes lousy lol. Well good luck with it folks. Dig ought to give you an exceptional adventure.
I am sorry. Ask anyone, I get in my moods and do dumb stuff. Sometimes it works out, others, not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimmy View Post
Interesting point. I can not disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
That seems to be the advantage this game has - digorig ain't goin' nowhere any time soon!
LOL... unless I die of old age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshnik View Post
I was waiting on results on other apps before applying.
Then I hope the other(s) work out for you.

Looks like Apps are done, so I will do PMs soon. This is closed. Thank you.