RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-15-2019, 05:58 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5676
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Escape from Kessel: Wookiee Revolt

Game NameEscape from Kessel: Wookiee Revolt
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeSurvival, underdark-ish, Escape
FlavourStar Wars, Escape the bonds of slavery
Plot Summary
left-aligned image

At the onset of the First Galactic Empire one of the first atrocities never attempted before was the enslavement of the Wookiee peoples of Kashyyyk. What Wookiees weren't kept on planet to harvest the wroshyr trees were sent elsewhere, and one of the harshest places was the spice mines of Kessel. Located within the Akkadese Maelstrom was Kessel, home to burgeoning Spice mines, Coaxium production and Kesselstone shipping. While the Southern hemisphere was made up of Lush jungle sanctuaries where the Royal families lived, many Wookiee slaves found themselves deep in the Spice mines of the Northern Hemisphere.

You are one such Wookiee, forced to labor away your life in the dark and toxic environment. Fortunately for you and a few others, you plan to get out of here and while it won't be easy, it's not impossible. With the help of one of the Twi'lek slaves that acts as a cleaner that travels between the slave pens, control rooms and mining tunnels, your escape plan begins with a key that unlocks your shackles and then you have to make it to the surface alive. Of all the species that are down here, Wookiees know better than any that death trying to escape is far better than a life confined to these retched tunnels.

Details:-System: 5e Star Wars PHB and Expanded backgrounds
-Equipment: The harnesses/bandoliers/satchels around your bodies.
-Level: Any level between 1-5, literally.
-Starting Stats: 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10
-Players: 4-5 Wookiees
-Allowed species: Wookiee
-Length: This will start as a one-shot that will end with your Wookiees escaping the planet but if players stick around until the end and have plans for the future that involve the whole party then it might go longer.

Applications:
Name: birth name, nickname, whatever.
Clan: If applicable
Background:
Personality traits:
Ideals:
Bonds:
Flaws:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory: How you ended up on Kessel
RP sample:
Old 05-16-2019, 09:07 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Shameless bump.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:06 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Ostara Bane Ostara Bane
Interested! Will work on a character sheet shortly!
Old 05-16-2019, 02:16 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Ostara Bane Ostara Bane
Applications:
Name: Drayycheuwleuk, prefers to be called "Dray"
Clan: Gkrur
Class: Scout
Background:
Personality traits:
Ideals:
Bonds:
Flaws:
Appearance:
Personality:
RP sample:
Old Yesterday, 11:43 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I got one player that wants to be a Wookiee?
Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 261
Simandl Simandl Simandl
Upon reflection, and truly digging deep... I, too, am now willing to admit that I have always wanted to be a Wookiee. I will flesh out and finish my application over this weekend. I’ve never looked at any of the SW 5E stuff, and am new to 5E, so I do have a bit to work out. But a party of Wookiee’s trying to escape this iconic setting? Too good to pass up!

Applications:
Name: Grrawaawrarinawr (or “Grraw” for short)
Clan:
Class: Scholar - Physician
Background: Student
Personality traits:
Ideals:
Bonds:
Flaws:
Appearance:
Personality:
RP sample:
”Distilling is beautiful. First of all, because it is a slow, philosophic, and silent occupation, which keeps you busy but gives you time to think of other things, somewhat like riding a bike.” -Primo Levi, The Periodic Table
Old Today, 12:05 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I am anxious to see completed applications for both Ostara and Simandi!
Welcome to the fray!
Old Today, 02:01 AM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Weevl
Name: Krrinnaercuwl or "Krinn"
Clan: N/A
Class: Operative 5 (Saboteur)
Background: City Watch
Personality traits:
-I've lost too many friends to the slave trade and I'm now slow to trust newcomers--especially those who aren't Wookies.
-I'm haunted by my memories of our people's enslavement; I can't get the images out of my mind.-
Ideals: My people are all that matter now.
Bonds: Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for.
Flaws:My hatred of my enemies is often blind and unreasoning.

Appearance:
Krinn stands at 7'2" and weighs 348 lbs. He has mostly dark-brown to black fur with slightly lighter and grayer patches by his eyes, and a few gray highlights scattered throughout his fur. His golden eyes sparkle with a contained rage, and a slight pattern of scarring can be seen across his nose and into the fur surrounding the left side of his face.

Personality:
In captivity, and as a former watchman on Kashyyyk, Krinn has always looked out for his people as best he can while also upholding tribal law and maintaining codes of honor. He has a distinct hatred for any involved in the slave trade and isn't afraid to openly oppose them, especially if they're Wookies (whom he sees as having turned on their own people). He tries to be compassionate and reassuring to his comrades while always looking for an opportunity to exploit a weakness of their enemies. Although his hatred of slavers is blinding, he only lets this rage out once he's sprung a trap he's set--unless it gets thwarted--then all bets may be off if he doesn't see a backup plan.

Backstory: Krinn was serving as a watchman when the slaving began. Although enslavement was quiet at first (at best a few whispers), eventually Krinn and some other members of the watch pieced together what was happening and receded into the forest to muster their strength, survey the slavers, and make opportunistic strikes against them when able. Krinn took on the role of a saboteur, turning anything he saw as useful for the slavers into rubble, namely their equipment and walkways. Eventually, the slavers grew tired of Krinn's squad and prepared a counter-ambush that successfully captured or killed all the members. The survivors were split amongst different work camps, and Krinn was sent to Kessel since his work held a special place in the slavers' hearts.

RP sample: (I haven't used this forum before, so I'm not entirely certain how you'd like this formatted. For now, plain-text is descriptive, quotations are spoken, and italics are DM interaction to progress more than one line of actions occurring. Thanks!!)

I slowly make my way towards the slavers' supply cache while scanning my surroundings, carefully crouching behind any cover I can find between the trees and my target, and darting across exposed areas. Once there, I begin to place charges around the base of the cache.

Roll perception. You detect movement in the trees but are unable to determine exactly what it was.

As I notice movement in the trees, I signal to the rest of the squad for them to retreat. It's likely the slavers returning early, so I halve the timers on the detonators and make a break for the tree-line while trying to remain out of sight.

As you approach the trees, you see the other members of your squad either shot or submitting to capture before a large group of well-armed slavers

I let out a roar of surprise and turn to look for a different exit.

Too late. The noise you made draws attention from any of the slavers who didn't already spot your approach and a shot rings out (roll a save, failed save). You are caught in a net. A slaver approaches you and renders you unconscious with a stroke from the butt of his rifle aimed at the back of your skull. When you wake up, you are bound and in the back of a transport with the other surviving members of your squad.

I shake my head, blink a few times to get my bearings, and test the strength of my binds. "How is everyone? Where are we? Where's everybody else?"

Last edited by Weevl; Today at 02:11 AM. Reason: touch-up on format and a couple of word-choice errors
Old Today, 08:13 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Very nice application, Weevl, Welcome to the site!