RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 03-15-2019, 10:17 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5676
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Star Wars: Behind Enemy Lines

Game NameStar Wars: Behind Enemy Lines
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeStar wars, Space journeys, suicide mission, moral decisions
FlavourRoleplay 75%, Combat 25%, Character development 100%
Plot Summary
"It is the task of the First Order to remove the disorder from our own existence, so that civilization may be returned to the stability that promotes progress. A stability that existed under the Empire, was reduced to anarchy by the Rebellion, was inherited in turn by the so-called Republic, and will be restored by us. Future historians will look upon this as the time when a strong hand brought the rule of law back to civilization."

A mercenary, bounty hunter, savvy smuggler or perhaps a really lucky individual that always seems to find their way in and out of trouble quite often, this is the kind of people that have received a text-only message from an 'Anonymous' sender but it wasn't a complete mystery to you that it somehow connected to the Resistance. Up until now, you have chose to remain out of the way of the conflict or just ingratiated enough by both sides to avoid any serious entanglement with either side.

After the Hosnian Cataclysm, it was obvious that the First Order was trouncing the competition and obvious that the 'Good guys' needed a win. The message warned that this might be a suicide mission but the money involved was generous. In fact, with the amount of money involved, the mission was likely something just short of infiltrating Starkiller Base or the Supremacy and destroying them from within.

The arranged meeting place was that of Maz Kanata's Castle on Takodana and everyone who didn't live under a rock knew that the Resistance was deeply connected to Maz, the first 'Red Flag'. It also wouldn't be far-fetched of the Resistance to hire some third-party professionals to handle a mission, gain some sympathy and trust, along with learning who they can trust, the second 'Red Flag'. It wasn't unknown to most that General Organa was a feisty old woman and relied on trigger-happy flyboys more often than not. The message stank of the Resistance and the fact that you received it was a sign that now was the time to choose a side, for better or for worse.

Details:
-We will be using the Or so the author claimsofficial Star Wars 5e DnD conversion PHB and The Starships of the Galaxy book.
-I will be taking 4-5 players if I can get that much interest, I would really like this campaign to last for a long while.
-Your character will start at level 3 with starting equipment plus maximum credits per class. Keep in mind that your characters have been running around for a bit and making a name for themselves. I will allow one rank of a deployment if your character has their own ship or operates on a crew in a certain role from the starship phb as well.

-Stats will be a non-standard array: 16, 15, 14, 12, 11, 10
-You'll start play with access to either a single or two passenger fighter or your character knows someone who can provide transportation to Takodana. I know the PHB doesn't have stats for ships but if it comes down to ship-to-ship battle, I'll think of something.
-I want you to ask questions, I know I couldn't have covered everything that everyone might think of so throw it at me. I'll do my best to answer it.
-You may each have up to 2 character applications. Please keep them in the same post, and put the less favored one in a spoilerbutton so I know your preference.
-Please no rolling or trolling in this thread!

Application:
Name: Obviously, the name has to make sense for the setting.
Species: Please use the species in the SW PHB linked in the ad, No variant humans, if you have a special request for a species that isn't in the book, PM me before going all crazy.
Origin/Homeworld: I want specifics in order to ground your character in the world, A twi'lek from Ryloth isn't specific enough, A colony/tribe/city or general area where they lived is sufficient. You can even make up a star system that lies in the 'Unknown Region' of space but that means I want details. The more details and hooks the better I can integrate your character into the story.
Class: Class and Path
Alignment: You may use the alignment from traditional DND or incorporate Light side/Dark Side.
Background:
Personality traits: 1 or more
Bond: 1 or more
Ideal: 1 or more
Flaw: 1 or more
Appearance: I would like an appropriately sized image as well as a paragraph or more telling what your character looks like, more than just a description of the picture. If you want to use a large picture to show detail, that is fine but make sure you have a smaller image to use in your character posts if you get chosen.
Personality: You can sum up your traits, ideals, bonds and flaws but I want the details behind each one, what led to that quirk or philosophy.
Contacts: 3 or more, You got your name out there for the jobs you do, You know people and people know you. These can be friends, family, rivals, clients, what-have-you.
Backstory: All the details, what led them to take up the life they have. This can be 3 paragraphs or more as long as it flows and doesn't have too much extra fluff to make it look bigger.
RP sample: Something new, Something fresh. I want you to get into this character and give me a feel for this character

Deadline for Applications: March 30th!!

Player Character Class Race Background Completion Status
Lazer Skarlawu Sentinel - Shadow Twi'lek Scoundrel Complete
Xian Darius Cross Operative - Saboteur Human Scoundrel Complete
In The Mix Echune Sentinel - Aggression Sith Pureblood - Massassi Caste Mercenary Complete
Tarus Morrigan Kanelos Engineer - Armstech Human Scientist Complete
Kuroyama Rusa-Ka Nakaan Guardian - Shii-Cho 'Lannik' Jedi Complete
Saratek187 Giz'Ahan Sentinel/Consular Twi'Lek Sith Complete
Stormhammer Wrida of the Holy Light Monk Sith Pureblood WIP
Battlefries Mitth'ris'sintar Consular - Lightning Chiss Scoundrel Complete
Battlefries Stari Ice Engineer - Astrotech Chiss Smuggler Complete

Last edited by Arthilian01; 03-25-2019 at 07:38 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:40 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1654
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
This sounds fantastic, I'll come up with an application over the next few days. Can I ask; do you have anything specific in mind for incorporating Force-users into the setting, considering that at this point in time there weren't too many around? Or will you leave that up to us to explain in our backstory?
Old 03-15-2019, 11:06 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
There aren't a whole lot of Force-users brought to the forefront of the story in any of the movies but judging by the fact that Snoke sent Kylo Ren on 'Jedi purges' similar to what Vader did except Ren failed/fell short of Vader, according to Snoke, that means there are some Force-users out there still. I'm leaving it up to the player to come with a way that the Force-user they create managed to avoid Ren's Purges. So, 50/50.

The 'really lucky individual' mentioned in the ad post is what I am calling Force users. I want to think that they are out there but maybe even unaware of their own abilities, or even traditionalists who have had Jedi/Sith Holocrons or teachings passed down from former generations.

If you choose 3 levels of a Force-user then I will allow them to have built a Lightsaber if they had/gained access to that knowledge within those levels.

Last edited by Arthilian01; 03-15-2019 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Sounds good. I’ve been meditating on it and I think I’ve got the beginnings of a character in mind. I think Sentinel would fit best, and the Charlatan background (if that’s an option). Haven’t decided on a species yet, I’ll hopefully get a better chance to read through the book later.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:34 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
That sounds like a good start but I suggest using the Scoundrel background as it's the closest thing to Charlatan and you won't have to reflavor gear/skills etc.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:57 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1372
Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus
You’ve put up two games that I really really love the sound of but I only have room for one.....dammit the choices
Old 03-15-2019, 04:39 PM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2856
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
I might put in an application, a bit busy at the moment. I love everything Star Wars, and I didn't even know about this 5th edition Star Wars book.

At first glance, I might go with a Twi'lek Berserker Marauder. Stranded on a desolate planet when she was young, she had to learn how to survive against the environment and the beasts that lived there.

Very basic but it's got promise. Anyway, when is the deadline?

POSTING STATUS: Sunday-Wensday: Normal, Thursday: Questionable, Friday & Saturday: Limited Posting.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Skarlawu, Twi’lek Sentin
right-aligned image
Name: Skarlawu
Species: Twi’lek
Homeworld: Saleucami
Class: Sentinel - Path of Shadows
Alignment: Lawful Neutral (also neutral with regards to Light or Dark Side)
Background: Scoundrel
Favourite Scheme: I play the role of the himbo so that people either overlook or underestimate me.
Background Feat: Silver-Tounged
Personality Traits: You leave me alone and I’ll leave you alone. Simple.
Ideal: Honor. I don’t harm those who can’t defend themselves.
Bond: I have got to find out what happened to my brother.
Flaw: It’s not paranoia, they really are out to get me!
Appearance: Well, he’s a model, so, you know, he’s pretty. Not much upstairs but at least he’s easy on the eyes. Twi’lek, of course, are known for their grace, and he has that in spades, but he also has something else, something in the way he stands, maybe, or in the deep turquoise of his eyes. A magnetism. It’s funny, if you mention it he almost seems embarrassed by it. He’s tall, with pink skin and dark tattoos, and that natural brooding look which should get him so many more contracts than he actually gets. -Mizz Sinra, agent to Atis'niril
Personality: In public he is Atis’niril, the vibrant model who just can’t seem to catch a break, so you would be forgiven for dismissing him as just another shallow, vain, self-centered dullard who considers fashion to be the stuff of life itself. He appears dim-witted and guileless, and always eager to please. In private, however, another person entirely emerges. This is the real Skarlawu; the reclusive, paranoid, blend-into-the-background type who likes nothing better than to close his door, deadlock it, bar it, shutter the windows and relax in his panic room. He plays the part of the fashion model because it allows him to travel and causes people to underestimate him, but he makes sure to sabotage any big-time breaks because the last thing he wants is a bigger profile.

ContactsMizz Sinra - human female agent to Skarlawu’s model alter-ego, Atis’niril. Mizz runs a small modelling agency on Saleucami and she had hoped that Atis may be her chance of hitting the big-time, but for some reason the guy just never gets picked up by the big fashionistas.
K-2N0 - Skarlawu’s closest friend and confidante, Kaytoo has his memory wiped daily so he can never give away any of the twi’lek’s secrets.
Konlawu - Skarlawu’s younger brother who had joined Luke Skywalker at his new Jedi Academy and was presumably present when Kylo Ren slaughtered them all.
Hartul Jethlis - the doorman of Skar's apartment who always seemed overly interesting in any of his modelling exploits.

Backstory

RP Sample

Last edited by Lazer; 03-18-2019 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:39 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Tarus: If you have to pick one or the other, pick this one, it doesn't look like my Witcher game is going to get off the ground unfortunately.

@Silk: That sounds like a fun concept. Deadline: 29-30 of this month.

@Lazer: That looks like a good start but I need something more specific than just the name of a planet for origin, The more details you give the easier it will be for me to integrate your character into my world.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthilian01 View Post
@Lazer: That looks like a good start but I need something more specific than just the name of a planet for origin, The more details you give the easier it will be for me to integrate your character into my world.
Thanks. Yeah, I’m planning to go into specifics during the backstory. I’ve got a good idea of his early life in mind but I’ve got to figure out the last decade, in particular how and why he would have come to the attention of the Resistance.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:55 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Lazer: The Resistance has spies everywhere, maybe someone can sympathize with his search for his brother and wants to get him connected so he can do more to find Konwalu?
Old 03-15-2019, 11:42 PM
Chocolate Chips

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2631
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
Yes please. I want to be in. Now to create a character... out of thinning air.
Old 03-16-2019, 01:12 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27127
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Star Wars... AND 5e? Truly your evil knows no bounds!

Xian App
right-aligned image

Name: Darius Cross - normally goes by Cross. "Spooky" is his slicer handle
Race/Species: Human - Kiffar
Home-world: Unknown of an outpost planet on the Outer Rim
Class: Operative - Saboteur - looking which would replicate a slicer best

Physical Description: Cross is a dark haired young human (early twenties) with an average build. He is not very physically impressive or particularly attractive. Cross generally keeps an unkempt appearance, usually growing on his beard and letting his hair grow out long, and in every way appears unremarkable. Cross dresses simply and behaves in a way as to not attract attention, carrying himself in a manner so that he is quickly forgotten. His outward shell often belies the intelligence in Cross' eyes, which are always alert.

Personality: Cross comes off as a very intensely bitter, sarcastic and generally uncouth person, putting on the impression that he cares only for his own interests and prefer to not to become "involved" in things that are "not his problem". Still despite this, Cross has deep love and loyalty to those he considers "his people", such as the crew of the ship. Cross hates bullies and has difficulty walking by an injustice without doing something about it. By something, it usually meant wrecking havoc in his slicer persona, Spooky. This means Cross has no love for the First Order, not only because he sees them as the premier fascist bullies of the galaxy, but also because they have attempted to kill him on several occasions. Cross generally mistrusts all governments and large organizations, especially corporations, but has a special dislike for the First Order.

Background: Scoundrel
Favorite Scheme: Some good old fashion social engineering and slicing into someone's account that desperately needs to donate their credits to a worthy cause.
Personality Trait: I have a joke for every occasion, even though most of the time it's not funny or appropriate.
Personality Trait: I am born gambler with a penchant for taking risks for big payoffs.
Ideals: Independence. I am a free-spirit and nobody tells me what to do.
Bond: I fleeced the wrong person... not the wrong one but the wrong kind. Now I gotta stay one step ahead of him, his cronies, and the Law to protect me and those I care about, which luckily at the moment is very few.
Flaw: I can't resist swindling or "redistributing" the wealth of those more powerful than me.

Backstory: Darius Cross was one of the many nameless and homeless orphans living in the slums of a I suck at geography in real life, let alone Star Wars.nameless city near the Outer Rim. Here Cross took care of the other urchins as best could, protecting them from the gangsters and the corrupt local government, while they all dreamed of leaving the s**thole planet that they were living on. He had taken the name Darius Cross after The Daring Cross, a favorite holo-comic character of the street urchin children. Cross almost felt bad for the gangsters when The First Order came through and cleaned them all out to take over the planet as an outpost for rearming and refueling. Almost. Still, The First Order did manage to level half of the slums that Cross called home and his friends dead or missing, so The First Order did not endear themselves to young urchin.

With the rise in transport ships coming to the planet, Cross made up his mind to leave the planet... what little had been there for him was now gone. Cross managed to stowaway on one of the smaller Corellian transports, but he was discovered by one of the Bothan technician, who would later befriend him. The Bothan technician, Kelev Melan adopted and sponsored Cross on the ship and she convinced the ship's captain to allow Cross to remain on board, citing the boy had a natural talent and aptitude for computers. Soon Cross would surpass even Kelev's skill with computers and he officially became the ship's "computer guy" and resident slicer. It was at this time that Cross would develop his slicer persona, Spooky. The Captain, who affectionately called himself Barnacles, also took a liking to him and took him on as a co-pilot and taught Cross the fine art of smuggling. It appeared that Cross had an aptitude for those activities as well. For the first time, Cross was free, truly free. And he had a family. Cross was happy.

Then Barnacles passed away. Though the Captain died from natural causes and had lived to a good age, Cross felt the loss acutely and felt it was somehow his fault. Barnacles and Kelev had become surrogate parents to him and now he lost one of them. Cross found himself ill equipped to handle the pain. Cross turned inward and the pain opened up unwelcome memories... things that he had suppressed deep inside long ago. The nightmares returned.

Personal Goals: Darius wants a "family" again with people he can take care of and feel like he fits in. And with those people, he wanted to lives on their own terms, something that The First Order seems intent on making more difficult each day. Despite his belief in personal freedoms and his hackvist-esque, semi-altruistic acts he has committed as a slicer, Cross is not out to save the universe. Cross does not see or believes that anything truly better is coming therefore it is better to deal with The First Order, the devil you know, vice the devil you don't.

Contacts

R2X4 - "Casper" (Friendly) - This outwardly unspectacular and unassuming R2 unit is one of Cross's crew on board their ship, the Icarus, and more than that Cross considers Casper family. The astromech droid's exterior is deliberately made to look dated, but the interior of the droid is the latest and cutting edge processors and computer interface programs, to include remote wireless link up, and "he" is constantly upgrading. R2X4 had helped Cross's moniker/persona in the HoloNET. Casper has a personality of his own that is very independent, savvy, and intelligent. Spooky views droid "slavery" and mistreatment as despicable and has a particularly healthy, some would say unhealthy, dislike for jawas.

Falleen Xizor. (Hostile) A mid-tier member of the Black Sun Criminal Syndicate, Xizor had fallen from grace after "Spooky" had uploaded to the public HoloNET the syndicate's books to the public and law enforcement. Unfortunately, the seized records clearly showed that Falleen had been skimming more than his fair share from the take and was punished accordingly. Fallen swore he would find out who Spooky was and exterminate him with extreme prejudice.

Kelev Melan. (Friendly) Kelev is the technical specialist that is responsible to the repair and upkeep of the crew's transport ship and Cross' de facto mother. Kelev is kind and warm, especially to Cross and has come to care deeply for him. Kelev is also a member of the Bothan SpyNET who had been tasked to keep an spy on the outpost that Cross had been on and to monitor any activities on troop and ship movements on the outpost for the Resistance. Kelev is very nervous and concerned how Cross would react to learning that she was a Bothan spy. She is torn between her duty to the Bothan SpyNet and her maternal feelings for Cross.

Aya Im'Vorpor "Aayim'Vopor" (Friendly) Aya is a Twil'lek and presently the proprietor of one of the most successful places for all manners of diversions and entertainments on the planet that Cross ran from. She is one of Darius's original friends from the streets that had survived The First Order's clearing operations on that day. She survived and has established herself a business woman of repute in the town due to the large number of troops that now took passed and took shore leave there. Aya and Cross were very close, but neither is aware that the other is still alive at present.

Darius Cross RP SampleDarius looked intently on the screen as he worked his magic to get access to the old Confederate Lucrehulk-class Control Ship's computer system. It was not as easy as a task as it sounded because some of the antiquated systems required more creative work arounds, but luckily there was a mix of new and old and systems that kept the aptly named Idiot's Array afloat... only the truly foolish or those that wanted or needed to fly under the radar would come here. Which is exactly why Uncle Barnacles probably had this place ear marked as potential "safe" house or refuge...

Cross thought in sadness as he called the passing of his surrogate father not too long ago. They all said that he died from natural causes and a respectable old age, but Cross still felt responsible for it. Because of him with his sensitivity to The Force, Uncle Barnacles had to pass on good number of jobs, even the legitimate ones, to keep him off of the radar of the Imperial fascists that seem to have it out for anyone that showed the slightest sensitivity to The Force. Uncle Barnacles was always quick to downplay or characterize the jobs he turned as "no good", but deep down Darius knew... his Uncle and Kelev had to work in backwater space and shite jobs to keep him off of the Inquisitor's radar and living in holes like this one was not likely good for a man of Barnacle's age. Cross still had no idea why the old smuggler just did not drop him off at the first way station, like he had promised to do when they first met. A promise that he reminded Darius of jokingly at every opportunity thereafter. Cross clenched his fist at the thought... if only he didn't have... "this"... or The Force did not exist then he and more importantly those he loved and loved him would not have to suffer. In his life, The Force and his ability to sense it had been the bane of his existence and reason that anyone he had come to care for ended up dead. First it was his brother, then his entire family, his childhood friends from the planet that Kelev and Barnacles fished him off of... and now it would probably claim his new "family" one by one, starting with Barnacles.... probably with the exception of Casper because that droid had a remarkable knack for getting out of tight squeezes and nothing in the verse seemed to be able to "kill" him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Binary: Crooossss! What kind of a cut rate, back water, Hutt's rectum hole did you bring us?!!"Bweeeeeeweeweeweeweewee!"
"Ahhh, think of the devil and he shall appear...! Now, Casper be nice... it is not good to judge a book by its cover." Cross exulted as he accessed and now "owned" the ship's computer system and put the final touches on the keyboard of his customized deck with pseudo flair and motion of completing a masterpiece piano concerto. Darius took a quick read of the manifest of the docked ships and the brief snapshot of the history of ships to make sure that there were no surprises, Inquisitors, or bounty hunters lurking around somewhere. Secondarily, Darius began to look for things that were potential work... the honest kind... that was required around the station in terms of repairs and other services that he could provide to pay for the repairs on the Icarus and maybe even turn a profit... legitimately of course.

"Binary: Like hell I can't... you can take that noise and cram it up your booster chute!Beep Woop Woop Weeee... Beeeewoop Woooo Keee Keee Woop!" Casper retorted noisily as he flipped out his tool arm out of his chassis and began work on the Icarus. "Binary: So are you just going to stand there and gawk or are you going to give a droid a hand?Beee Wweeee Wooop Woop?"

"You do know that I am smarter and more skilled than you, don't you?"

"Binary: Whatever. My tool is bigger AND I'm better looking. Seriously, how I am I supposed to work under these conditions? I bet they don't even have a proper parts bay...Whoop Whoop Weee Hoop woooo. Beeee Woot Wooo Keee Woop Woop? Weeep Wooo Beeep Beeeweep...."

The banter of the pair was thankfully interrupted by the timely arrival of the matron of the Icarus as she came into the cockpit and saw Cross at his console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelev
"Are you still in here?" she chided. There was a soft whirring sound and Casper peeked around from behind the bothan, his glowing eye flicking around the room. "Darius, you haven't left the ship since we arrived, and you've barely left that computer screen."
"Well, mother... I was only checking to make sure that it was safe for us to disembark and perhaps land a legitimate job or two, so we can make some money and retire from this life of squalor." Cross said with as reassuring of a smile. "Just give me a moment, while I go over the data... I am cross referencing the manifests of the ships that are docked here with both official and unofficial ship registries to make sure we don't get any surprises. "
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Xian; 03-16-2019 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-16-2019, 01:34 AM
Chocolate Chips

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2631
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
Echuné the Betrayer

Name: Echuné {Eh-shew-neh}

Species: Sith Pureblood, Massassi Caste

Origin/Homeworld: Korriban, city of Vardinnau. An attempt by a colony made up mostly of pure blood Sith and some mixed blood to reestablish Korriban as the home world of the Sith.

Led by the priest casteKissai calling himself Lord Zâhwoz Midno, Sith engineer casteZuguruk and their the general term for Sith slavesgrotthu began terraforming a desolate sprawl of desert just South-East of the old city of Vardin. Once enough preparation was made, they began building more dwellings, and signaled for the warrior casteMassassi that they could come to their new home, and begin training the new generations of Sith, that would someday make their presence known to the galaxy, once again.

Class: Sentinal, Path of Aggression

Deployment Rank: Gunner, 1st or 2nd rank.

Alignment: Usually circumstances dictate whose needs are more important, but the ends justify the means.Balanced Chaotic

Background: Mercenary, Durable
Personality traits: I do not fear death, but accept it as a part of life.
Bond: I have a personal debt that must be paid.
Ideal: Sometimes we have to do things that we really don't want to do, but we must remember that we only do them because we have to.
Flaw: I will never let a comrade stand alone, even if it gets me killed.

left-aligned image
Appearance: Echuné has the tell-tale red skin of a Pureblood Sith. Her eyes glower at everyone, friend or foe, with a hatred. She never smiles, she doesn't know how to. She has no reason to learn. She wears her black hair in a long braid, but part of it covers the right side of her face.

Most people only see the left, uncovered, side. If they stare too long, they will see her cheek tendril twitch in agitation. Which, for those who have worked with her long enough to really get to know her, is the signal that it is time to move on and look elsewhere.

Underneath the hair, the whole right side of her face is mutilated. Both tendrils from that side have been cut off, and the rest of her face is disfigured by multiple jagged cuts and gouges. An unlucky few have seen this mess, and she doesn't intentionally show it to anyone.

Personality: Angry. Echuné seethes with a hatred for her own people. And while non-Sith don't find her to be the most friendly being to be around, she doesn't direct it at those who don't, in her opinion, deserve it. In fact, she is very loyal and and even protective of those she fights alongside. As long as they can demonstrate their value.

But her hatred isn't directed just outward, but also inwards. She hates herself. Knows herself to be a failure. To be... grotthu. She will always be a slave, no matter how far she runs, no matter how many other the race, not the religionSith she kills.

Contacts:
  1. The Friend: After her life was saved, Katrin Chance offers to go with Echuné. The offer is denied, as Echuné is unsure where her future lies, but she is certain that it's no place for someone as good of heart as Katrin. In a show of friendship, Katrin gives Echuné a medallion, a family heirloom that her father had earned during the Battle for Endor. "If you ever need me, for anything, you need only ask. I will be there for you."
  2. The One Saved: Qâznoi is the one that Echuné truly wants to kill. She blames him for all her problems, and she will repay that debt to him. He will wish he had never been saved that day. Where he was moved to after she was enslaved... she hasn't found yet. But she's getting closer, she can feel it.
  3. The Family Lost: Echuné gave birth to three children... but she doesn't even know the gender for any. One thing she is sure of though, her parents will know. She may have been written out of her family's history, but she is certain that her children will have been written back in, somehow.
  4. The Boss: Smiling "Smiley" Jack is her boss, and her agent for further work. He's the one who got her this latest job. He's one of the few she has willingly shown the right side of her face to, but only as part of the hiring process. Well, it was mostly willingly. She felt she had no choice.

Backstory:
From birth, Echuné was believed to be destined for greatness. He birth-rite was to carry on the lineage of one of the greatest Massassi families. A family that was known to have fought alongside Sith Lords such as Naga Sadow and Exar Kun. But more importantly to the Sith of New Korriban, their family had fought for Dathka Graush, the the MercilessNemilosrdný, the last of the Sith Overlords. His assassination at the hands of cowards allowed the Dark Jedi to come, and to defeat their best warriors.

Along with 12 other protégé, Echuné began her training at a young age. At first, her heart was not in it. She was constantly punished for stargazing, instead of paying attention to her Masters and her training. By her teens, she had stopped looking up... as often and as obviously as she had before. She'd learned her lessen, though perhaps not the one intended. She just couldn't help herself. She was curious about the rest of the Galaxy, and its inhabitants.

That's not to say that Echuné lacked on her martial training. No, she was at the top of her class, just as Lord Zâhwoz Midno, and her family, had expected of her. But before they could be true Massassi, she and the others had to live through the right of Ochingu. During the ritual, the strongest fought against the weakest in seven combats. The strong had to win each battle, the weak only had to win one. At the end of last battle, the strong was to kill the weak, thus keeping only the best among the Massassi.

She was pitted against Qâznoi, a round apprentice who indulged in eating too much, and not enough in training. Echuné embarrassed him time and again, making it look easy. But the real test was the final fight, desperation always made the opponent stronger, more deadly. And Qâznoi was no exception. Echuné was surprised at just how fast the unworthy one was. And instead of running, as he had tried the last fight, he stood his ground, and she found herself actually having to work to bring him down. But the end result was as expected. Down on his knees, Qâznoi closed his eyes and awaited Echuné's blade to pierce his throat. But the death blow didn't come. He could still feel the blade pressing against his skin, and when he finally opened his eyes, he saw her just standing there. But he saw more. He saw fear in her eyes.

Taking advantage of her paralysis, the weak Massassi swept Echuné's legs out from under her, bringing her down for the first time. He then wrested the blade from her hand, and swiftly turned it on her, pressing it to her throat. But before he could press it deeper, Lord Zâhwoz himself called an end to the combat. He looked down at her from his throne, and pointed a bony finger in her direction. "I declare you NOTHING." Echuné's heart sank. This was a worse punishment than death. At least the death would have been honorable, but now... "Beat her into submission! Strip her of her colors! Mark her as low-birth! Then throw her with the other grotthu!"

Immediately the other trainees were upon her, ripping her clothes from her, beat her face and chest with their fists, or kicking her in the sides, as if she were a football. But the worse was yet to come. Qâznoi approached her, her own blade glowing hot in his hands. While the others held her down, he pressed the flat of the blade to the right side of her face, letting it sizzle into her flesh. He then took her cheek tendril and sawed at it, leaving her face mutilated on one side. Only then was she thrown in with the other slaves.

For the next five? Seven? Ten? years, echuné the grotthu grovelled at the feat of men who would later in the night use her. Due to these nights of torment, she gave birth to two children, each one giving her more pain than the last, mostly emotional. As she awaited the birth of her third child, echuné began to despair, and was on the verge of suicide. As she held the sharpened branch to her throat, she passed out. When she awoke, she was strapped down, and her third child already being taken away from her. Instead of going further into depression, she became angry.

As she had learned early in her life, she hid it. She allowed herself to not care, to lull her monsters in to a false sense of complacency. For the next few nights, she gave her abuser the pleasure he sought. Then on the fifth night, she wrapped her arms seductively over his shoulders, pressing herself against his back, just as she had done many times before... and then tightened her hold over his neck, strangling him. So sudden was the attack, that he had no chance to even fight back. Echuné stole the keycodes to his private yacht, and then stole that too. Security allowed the ship to go, believing it to be Kissai Kaihsai taking his pet to the stars, as he had done time and time before.

But this time the yacht kept going, and disappeared before they could stop her. Echuné found her way to Ossus, and Tionne Soulsar's Jedi Academy. There, she learned a new way of life, a new way to fight, and how to better harness her natural gift in the force. But there was still a darkness in her. As before, she tried to hide what she knew would be disapproved of. And she thought herself successful in the deception. She moved up the ranks of padawans, gaining an apprenticeship under Master Jupin Sklave, a talented Kel Dor that many looked up to. Echuné learned a lot under his tutelage, but instead of feeling more at ease with the world, she continued to feel hatred, and anger. She wanted revenge, and she would have it. She began to feel an eagerness to appease Master Jupin, which is when she came to realize she was being manipulated.

Echuné bided her time, worried that to tell anyone would to be give him the chance to betray her, and silence her from speaking the truth. And so when the Dark Jedi revealed himself by striking down another Master, T'Wee Log're, she turned her blade against him, defending Katrin Chance, a fellow apprentice, from being cut down as well. Together, they were barely able to hold Jupin from overpowering them, until other Jedi were able to hear their combined call for help, through the force.

The Dark Master fled, leaving an exhausted Echuné and Katrin to explain what had happened. Through that experience though, Echuné had come to realize that she may not be cut out to be a Jedi. She had to go out, and find herself, find her own balance. And so, with the blessing of Jedi Master Tionne Solusar, Echuné left the Jedi behind. Part of her wishes to return to the Jedi, to continue her training. But another, darker side needs to deal out death, mostly to the Sith who took from her everything that she could have been.

To facilitate her end game, Echuné decided to follow in the footsteps of another former Jedi, though she was only a padawan. Aurra Sing. She put herself out there, letting people know that someone trained in the use of the force was interested in getting her hands a little bloody. It didn't take long for work to almost come flooding in. She only got a few jobs, at first. Small time things, nothing to be proud of, or to even remember. But she did the job, and did it professionally. Which drew the attention of one Smiling Jack.

Smiling Jack is known for his company of "Peace-Keepers", known collectively as happy with deatho'lim bilan baxtli. Echuné quickly rose up the ranks, garnering both respect and jealousy from her allies, some of whom she learned could not be trusted to have her back. They usually made the mistake only once, before she taught them their error. They never made such an error again. Due to this, Smiling Jack has started hiring her out on her own, usually as a body guard, or to reinforce another army's defenses.

RP sample: Echuné sat in her seat, the hood of her cloak pulled up and forward in a vain attempt to cover her face. But a few had already seen the beast that hid beneath, and whispers fly faster than a hungry mynock. Now everyone was staring at her.

She could hear some of the closer conversations. Some were sure she was a Sith. Which was true, of course. But she knew they meant the so-called "religion", not her species. Some of those were discussing how best to stop her from whatever evil they thought she was planning. Still others were confused, as she was wearing the white robes of a Jedi Apprentice.

She had worn black or red robes, but that had just seemed to encourage them to see her as a threat. So she was now wearing her white robes... and it had helped only in the slightest. At least now some of them were unsure of what to think, rather than going straight to "enemy".

Noticing a sudden pain in her palms, Echuné's eyes looked down to find both her hands curled into fists. So tightly was she holding them closed, her nails had begun biting into the flesh. Knowing what needed to be done, the Sith Jedi sits back. She lengthens out her spine, sitting up tall and straight. She closes her eyes, and releases her fists as she takes a deep inhale through her nose, then exhales just a slowly through her mouth.

After a few more relaxing breaths, she opens her eyes once again. The scene has changed, if only slightly. No longer were the majority staring at her. Most were now focusing where their attention belonged, on themselves. There were still a few watching her. And though she still felt the anger inside, on the outside she exuded the confidence and calmness needed to put others at ease.

"Your target should be arriving any minute now." her earpiece crackles to life. "Remember, the client wants no permanent harm done to the target. He only wants her frightened off." As the comm goes silent once again, Echuné looks toward the doors of the rail-car, and sees nothing. But then, as if out of the mists, she spots her. A young Chiss woman in a beautiful red dress.

She stands and moves closer. Now and here was not the ideal place to attack someone. Too many witnesses. As she moved closer, she saw something she had not expected. "She's with child. No one said anything about attacking a pregnant woman." Echuné hissed into her comms. "I'm a..."

"The client has authorized payment for ten-thousand credits for this job. You'll do it, and that's final!"

Echuné glared to the side, where she could see her own reflection in the mirror-like window panel. Hating herself, she moved closer to the target, a thin blade slipping from her sleeve into her hand. Slipping in behind the young woman, she slides the blade against the target's belly. She tried not to think about the baby, just looked straight ahead, over the woman's shoulder. She leaned forward so that she could whisper into the girl's ear. "If you know what is good for you, you will leave this world, and never return."

Without another word, Echuné slipped into the moving crowd. She felt dirty, her skin felt like it was crawling with burrow- worms. She needed better work than threatening pregnant women. She and Smiley were going to have a little chat.

Last edited by In the Mix; 03-25-2019 at 10:54 PM.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:06 AM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2856
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Twi-lek.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	79498   Click image for larger version

Name:	Twi-lekSmall.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	79499   Click image for larger version

Name:	Twi-lekSmall#2.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	79504  

POSTING STATUS: Sunday-Wensday: Normal, Thursday: Questionable, Friday & Saturday: Limited Posting.

Last edited by Silk; 03-25-2019 at 09:10 PM.