Notices

Old Jun 17th, 2022, 01:03 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Sheshashayee Sheshashayee
Greetings and salutations

Hello, new player here. I've played pbp before but never could finish a campaign, I wish to change that this time. I'm looking forward to play.
Old Jun 17th, 2022, 03:20 PM
Psalm 144

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5161
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Hey Translated from Shadowrunner speak as 'friend' or 'pal'. A general friendly greeting.Chummer, welcome to the site.

I highly recommend checking out the New Player Solo Game off the main forum's Solo Games/New Gamers. There are 13th Age, Call of Cthulhu, DnD (3.5, 4, 5), FATE, Pathfinder (1), and Travelers many game systems to pick from and once signed up, you will be paired with a patient and helpful GM that can help show you the ropes of how to do things at this site. They can also be an excellent person to ask any questions to while you are getting up to speed on things.

So, what kind of games do you like? Ever wanted to run in the Shadows in an alternate version of the world? Or ever be a member of the space organization of explorers in the Starfinder Society?

Anyway, enjoy your time here and let us know if you have any questions.
Old Jun 17th, 2022, 03:51 PM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5139
Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil
Howdy Sheshashayee,

Tell us a bit more about yourself. What is your favorite genre (horror, fantasy, scifi, etc.). What is your favorite character class? What is your go to system, D&D, PF? We have a lot of campaigns from which to choose.

This is a place where the people are welcoming, where the games are interesting, and where generally they only expect you to post a few times a week. I've been playing D&D for a very long time and I thought I've seen it all, but this site has some amazing games going on. I've been playing (storytelling as much as rolling) for about a year and a half now in a game that has been going on continuously for four decades, started tabletop and moved online two decades ago. It's set in an alternate Europe where the worlds of Tolkien and Howard existed in ages past. So there is a hint of LOTR and a hint of Conan in it and since it's set in an alt Europe it somehow feels familiar.

This is just one example and there are other great campaigns on RPGX. You should take some time to "stroll around" the site and see if anything catches your eye.
Old Jun 17th, 2022, 06:42 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 48326
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club friend!

Completed games you say? Sounds like you might want to check out our completed games Fall of Fame . It's far from a complete list, but there's a lot of gems on there!

Played before huh? Does that mean you have lots of experience? Any good stories to share? Newbies always have the best stories.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle!

Join the RPGX caption contest! *Your witty text here*
Old Jun 17th, 2022, 08:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5533
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
Welcome, Sheshashayee! I'm with Imveros, any interesting previous PbP stories to share?

Hope you enjoy the site!
Old Jun 17th, 2022, 09:46 PM
The little chicks go peep

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18479
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Welcome to the site!

RyuutamaWanderhome [OPEN RECRUITMENT]
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 03:22 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I realise that my introduction was lacking. So here's another attempt.

I am sheshashayee. I'm 22 and have been playing dnd and other ttrpgs on and off since 4 years. mostly it has been reading books than playing. I have played in a couple one shots and campaigns (voice games) but I wasn't really comfortable and the whole experience felt awkward so gave up on those. That is when I turned to pbp. I joined some discord servers, those persistent world westmarch type ones but there wasn't a story to get involved in, so the discord servers were out of the picture too. I have been trying different websites ever since

I really like medieval fantasy settings. Pathfinder 1e happens to be my favourite system due to its multitude of character options. I like hybrid classes like magus.
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 03:45 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31638
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning Shehashayee,

Not sure what a 'hayee' is, and if it is a blessing or curse to have BUT... welcome over here
Fun fact, one of my players is playing a hybrid race at the moment! It is in a 5E setting so I might be able to lure you into 5E sharing that information? ;-)

Besides that, I do not feel comfortable using voice activities as well, +1 to that. For many years the Crossing has been a safe haven where I could just write. Wait: pure lies there, I actually DID a voice-thing for a blind member. They were using a speech program but I wanted to explain something so I made a voice recording, scariest thing I had to do, lol (yeah, I am like that ;-)

So, have you been cruising the site yet? Spotted some games that caught your interest?

please check out our Solo Games a private luxury DM will be included for free
~ standard weekends offline ~
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 04:24 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
The hybrid thing isn't a priority honestly but if you'd like to me to be part of your game I'd be happy to oblige.

I have been looking at games and yeah some games seem interesting. The quality of posts from the other potential players is so high that is overwhelming. I may not be fine with voice games but I'm no Tolkien, hell I don't think I write that well either. So, I am kinda between a rock and a hard place.
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 06:49 AM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 80451
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
welcome!

Pathfinder fan, eh? Whooo hoooo! I love that system. Always looking for more fans to join up. More gamers, more imaginations. More imaginations, more fun! Look forward to seeing you around the boards, and maybe in some games!
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 10:46 PM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 45288
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Hi, Sheshashayee! Welcome to the site and a big "congrats" on starting strong--I see you've already applied for a New Player Solo Game AND you've started a thread with a really good question that I think a lot of people might have when they first join.

It sounds like you know what you want to play and you have a strong interest in that ... I'm sure a game will come along that will match what you are seeking. Sometimes it seems to take awhile when you just start out, but it picks up quickly. Enjoy your New Player Solo Game ... hope your magus comes out a hero!
Old Jun 21st, 2022, 11:23 AM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5139
Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheshashayee View Post
I have been looking at games and yeah some games seem interesting. The quality of posts from the other potential players is so high that is overwhelming. I may not be fine with voice games but I'm no Tolkien, hell I don't think I write that well either. So, I am kinda between a rock and a hard place.
I wouldn't worry too much about this. When I started PbP on different boards a long time ago I wasn't the best either. Being around other writers helped me improve, although I still feel like an amateur next to some of the people I game with.
Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 10:24 PM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3556
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Welcome to the site!