Hall of Fame DM 2011

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12757
Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen
In want of a lockpick
left-aligned image
Maylene

Maylene bowed at the command, not wanting to be singled out as trouble this early in the day. Especially since she had her eye on Jorlan's key. If she could keep an eye on him, perhaps get close enough to lift it without being noticed...It was risky but it would solve a lot of their dilemma. She resolved to not take any great risks but to watch for opportunity should it present itself.

At being called forward, she smiled. The Dark Maiden's hand was in this, surely, subtly influencing her wayward children. She stepped forward and lined up outside of the cave. She tried to position herself close to Jorlan in the line.

Stat Block

Character Sheet

Old Apr 1st, 2018, 02:54 PM
Black Magic Woman

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3173
Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity
Katarina Vesna
left-aligned image
Kitty

Kitty backed away from the weird spoor cloud, but she didn't really have anywhere to go. They immediately caused her to start sneezing which was pretty silly looking considering the circumstances. "Wow way to look poised and on top of things Kitty. Oh sure we'll get out of here everyone! Unless there's dust..." She accidentally projected to everyone after she managed to stop sneezing. About the time she finished sneezing, the drow were close to arriving.

It was so hard to see in this darkness! The group of drow got way to close to the cage before Kitty noticed them, which caused her to jump in spite of herself. She blushed and bowed down submissively not sure what the male was yelling, but getting the gist of it. It would be worth trying to rush them if it had been just some guards, but with the priestess here herself she didn't think they'd be able to overpower them. She didn't want to taste the tentacles again either. "Please don't do anything crazy, please don't do anything crazy. Please don't do anything crazy." She thought and accidentally projected since she had no idea that was a thing. For her part she did her best to look small and submissive and not let them know she slipped her cuffs.

Stat Block

Character Sheet

Old Apr 1st, 2018, 06:06 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10451
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
Bormor
left-aligned image
Bormor
Bormor grumbles at the beckoning of the drow captors. Turning to Eldeth, he says, "Ye don' have much of a beard doya? I'm guessing its me hes talking about."

He gets up and starts walking toward the door. But as he passes by Dorlamin, he whispers "I can get ye to Neverlight Grove...once we're outta here." Then Bormor willing walks to do his slave duty as fast as his stubby legs can travel.
Stat Block

Character Sheet

Old Apr 1st, 2018, 08:38 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 262
NightFire NightFire NightFire
Nadidah
left-aligned image
Nadidah

Nadidah chuckled a little at Stool’s intervention in his attempts to get everyone connected to his telepathic bond. "Well, I guess that’s a more efficient way to do that. Thank you Stool."

As the drow approached tension returned to his shoulders and a concerned look flashed across his face. Not again. I don’t have the strength for another beating he thought internally. Determined not show any weakness to his captors he straightened up and faced them, cuts, bruises, and in all his filth. As he was commanded to bow, he lowered only his head in both deference and defiance.

Kitty’s thoughts raced through his mind quickly, her internal panic and concern cutting through the jumble of thoughts and emotions in the shared connection. He conveyed his thoughts with slightly false conviction but as much sincerity he could muster considering his own fears, "Kitty… Breathe, it will be ok. There’s nothing that they can do to us that would be worse than rotting in this cage. It is an opportunity to learn more about the layout and defenses of this place. Maybe even find more tools that could help us escape. We are all here to back each other up. You will be ok. "

Ordered to water detail, the glowing abomination stepped forward slowly so as to pose no overt threat to his captors, still keeping his head down as he’d learned early on meeting their gaze resulted in severe punishments.

Stat Block

Character Sheet

Old Apr 2nd, 2018, 02:08 AM
Black Magic Woman

Tools
User Statistics
Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity
Katarina Vesna
left-aligned image
Kitty

Kitty blinked not expecting to hear another voice in her head then her own. "Wha? wha?... Goddess preserve me I've lost my mind... It was...with the Quagoths..." She ground fingernails into her the palms of her hands and squeezed her eyes closed for a few moments before they popped open as she realized something. "Wait a second, wouldn't the voices in my head catch that I meant for nobody else to do something crazy? And what's with the man's voice? What is going on here?" As thought all this she slowly switched from a mounting despair to confusion.

Stat Block

Character Sheet

Old Apr 2nd, 2018, 04:22 AM
Natural 20 ;)

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18964
Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master
Eldeth"So no joint escape attempt?" Eldeth Feldrun asked telepathically. "Some of us might be killed in the attempt, but we are outnumbering them and some of us will survive and can preserve the legacy of the dead."
Old Apr 2nd, 2018, 09:12 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16969
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Brimley
left-aligned image

A part of Brimley pushed him hard to escape now, but wisdom prevailed. "It...can't be done now," he responded to Eldeth. "We must wait for a better opportunity."

Brimley eyed the key and Jorlan's storage of it as discreetly as possible. He transmitted to the others: "Despite the ward against magic, I can still summon my owl familiar. He can do little more than any other owl, but he can fetch us small objects...for example a key.

"While those of us remaining here continue to plan, perhaps the workers can look for other opportunities outside the cell."

Stat Block

Character Sheet

Familiar Stats

Last edited by secretID; Apr 3rd, 2018 at 08:30 AM.
Old Apr 2nd, 2018, 09:54 AM
Natural 20 ;)

Tools
User Statistics
Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master
Jimjar & Ilvara"I bet this is me," Jimjar said in Common and stroked with his hand over his head, "the deep gnome without any hair."

"How dare you speak such a foul language!" the drow priestess, who didn't seem to understand Common, snarled at him. As Jimjar stepped forward to join Bormor, Maylene, and Nadidah on the platform before the cage, she lashed out with her scourge at the svirfneblin. The scourge hit him straight across his bald head and caused a nasty laceration probably scarring him forever. Worse, though, was the venom dripping off the multi-tailed whip. Jimjar barely managed to remain on his short legs. Clenching his teeth, he lined up with the other prisoners that were commanded to work.
RontThe orc hadn't understood the Undercommon. However, as more and more eyes were directed at him and after he had witnessed what had happened to the svirfneblin, he quickly stepped forward as well.
Old Apr 2nd, 2018, 10:45 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4005
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi
Dorlamin
left-aligned image
Dorlamin Xiloscient

Seeing that the priestess was among the guards approaching the locked door Dorlamin's heart sunk. Surely they could not attempt an attack on the guards in her presence. Confronting Ilvara head on was not going to go well, especially with most of the group still in the slave cage and 3 quaggoths hovering behind the drow captors. Upon listening to the younger drow guardsman state the slaves that were summoned for duty Dorlamin heard "Pale elf" and didn't immediately register that it was meant for him. After a pause and a look at those leaving the cage he glanced around the remaining group. "Oh crap, that's me. Ugh. Eldeth, Brimley, I will search for a way out. We must not put our plan into place at this time. I'll see what I can find out while we are gone."

Without a word Dorlamin followed quickly behind the other 5 and kept his head bowed down. Just them he heard Jimjar speak a few words and immediately get punished for the transgression. Seeing the pain on Jimjar's face the elf knew that he could not enact their plan yet. It was too much of a force in front of them.

Before he was completely out of Stool's spores Dorlamin took one last second to send another thought to the myconid, "I will see what I can do to find a way out of here for us."

Stat Block

Character Sheet

Last edited by Trmmilwwi; Apr 2nd, 2018 at 10:46 AM.
Old Apr 2nd, 2018, 11:47 AM
Natural 20 ;)

Tools
User Statistics
The DrowAfter the six prisoners who had been told off for hard labor had stepped outside the slave pen, Shoor ordered Jorlan to close the iron gate again. One quaggoth departed toward the five-foot-wide stairs to the right of the platform.

Following this, the drow, the remaining two quaggoths, and the six went over the swaying rope bridge toward the guard tower. Maylene had walked countless bridges like these in her early youth, but for her fellow prisoners, it represented difficult terrain. Moreover, only the interior spaces of the outpost were dimly illuminated by lanterns, while the exterior was dark.

The slaves were led through the lower chamber of the tower, which was occupied by three drow on guard duty. It contained a zurkhwood table and three chairs, a smaller side table, and a spider-silk webbing set with hooks for hanging equipment. Two of the three guards were equipped with a chain shirt, a short sword, and a hand crossbow, the third was equipped with studded leather, a shield, a short sword, and a hand crossbow. All three had a key similar to Jorlan's hanging from a belt ring. The tower also possessed an upper chamber. From the other side of the tower, another rope bridge allowed the group to pass across the waterfall where water vented through a crack in the ceiling.

Last edited by Disaster Master; Apr 2nd, 2018 at 05:15 PM.
Old Apr 2nd, 2018, 12:01 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10451
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
Bormor
left-aligned image
Bormor
Bormor follows the other prisoners right in line. The whole time, he utilizes his darkvision to build a mental map of the outpost and its inhabitants. It looks like he is stuck doing work with one of the captured drow and a filthy orc. "Not sure how I can work with two that I hate s'much. I must be getting outta here, but patience may be the best bet," he thinks to himself. He walks quietly with the others.
Stat Block

Character Sheet

Old Apr 3rd, 2018, 02:51 AM
Natural 20 ;)

Tools
User Statistics
Buppido"What mad dream are you telling us? Would you mind sharing some details?" the derro asked Kitty telepathically. "Anyway," he added and included Brimley, Katarina and the other prisoners that remained in the cell in his speech, "Six of us are already outside. What are our plans in the meantime? Idleness is not my cup of tea. Mage, can your owl see in the dark? It could slip through the bars of the gate and spy out the outpost."

The small dwarven-like creature looked down on his manacled hands. "Will someone help me trying to get rid of these?"
Old Apr 3rd, 2018, 03:37 AM
Black Magic Woman

Tools
User Statistics
Katarina Vesna
left-aligned image
Kitty

Once the drow had left she was more free to look around not having to worry about one of them seeing her manacles were a little off. She looked around at the prisoners gathered. "NO! Stay out of my head!" She basically shouted in response to the derro's question thinking she had caught onto who was getting into their thoughts with the manacles part. In her mind she envisioned a waterfall, and there the image stayed. It was a tool to resist coercion and was considerably difficult to master. Kitty was...okay at it.

"I agree with your assessment Mister?..." She let it trail off fishing for a name from Brimley, so far people had for the most part been less than forthcoming with their names. "Facing the priestess would not be my first choice. We'll just have to look for, or create a better opportunity." She looked around at the others. "I don't suppose anyone has any idea on what the drow did with our things? I mean I think we'll probably need weapons, a way to see, and food and things if we're to escape into the underdark. It's obviously pretty dangerous." Though Kitty really had no idea of the magnitude of that danger, it had already been way to much.

Stat Block

Character Sheet

Old Apr 3rd, 2018, 09:26 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16969
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Brimley
left-aligned image

Brimley telepathically finished Kitty’s sentence: “Walton, Brimley Walton.

“Be calm, girl,”
Brimley clumsily reassured her. “No one invades your mind; you can keep all privacies. There are creatures of the Underdark with that power – and worse – but thankfully we are not in their control…not yet, anyway. We can communicate in this way as a temporary effect of inhaling the spores ejected by our fellow prisoner here,” Brimely explained, indicating the myconid. “The exact mechanism remains mysterious, especially as it seems to empower non-myconids equally well…” Brimley trailed off, then shook his head and returned his attention to the group. “In any case, the spores have not been shown to harm individuals of the animal variety, even over long-term exposure. These spores, that is.” Brimley paused and looked away for a moment. Then he looked directly at Kitty and “spoke” only to her: “And you can choose the exact scope of your communication; witness this private message to you.

“You are right,”
Brimley said to Kitty, but for all to “hear.” “Let us exchange names for convenience.” Once that was accomplished, Brimley continued, “And now onto more substantial issues.

“Yes, my familiar Voithos can serve us well in reconnaissance. He is currently in owl form, with all of that animal’s excellent vision. I can summon him to appear outside our cell, so he will have great freedom and flexibility. Moreover, I can see directly through those same powerful eyes, and use his other senses as well, within a limited range.

“However, we must take care not to waste our opportunities with him. Voithos cannot permanently die, but to…ah…resurrect him (so to speak), I will need materials…other than loin cloths and chamber pots. So if we ask Voithos to scout for us, we must do so very cautiously. We may have greater need for him in creating a distraction for us, or in obtaining small objects for us.

“Unfortunately, I think we have learned that escape will be extremely difficult when a guard contingent comes to move prisoners; our better opportunities lie in these times when we are sloppily attended, by few guards. And so we must direct all our efforts towards opening that door unseen, or at least without suspicion.

“Let us review our present abilities. Obviously, my greatest asset is my relationship with Voithos. Once we are outside the cell, I can employ other magics, including some offensive ones, though still only minor. What resources or abilities can the rest of you bring to bear?”

Stat Block

Character Sheet

Familiar Stats

Old Apr 3rd, 2018, 05:29 PM
Black Magic Woman

Tools
User Statistics
Katarina Vesna
left-aligned image
Kitty

"O oh." She stammered looking embarrassed by her outburst and lack of knowledge her cheeks turning pink. "S sorry, it's just so...odd." She said searching for a word to sum up her feelings on the subject of the sudden telepathy, but failing and settling for odd. She forced herself to stop talking and try to think at the others which was very unnatural. When she communicated telepathically there was still the soft sounds of a waterfall behind her words. "I'm Katarina Vesna." Though since everyone heard her refer to herself as Kitty, that would no doubt be fine as well. She tried to do what he said about communicating with just one person and focused on Brimley. "Thank you for explaining it to me. I appreciate it." It sounded like she was being genuine, tinged with some relief that she hadn't cracked just yet.

Kitty hadn't had much experience with mages but she like everyone else knew the power and value of magic. So even though he said his magic was minor it still sounded like it was a great boon to have on their side. "So you're a wizard then? That's wonderful news." She smiled at Brimley. "Myself, I follow the Way of the Open Hand." Since Monks were pretty rare she explained. A kind of a spiritual ascetic that focuses on self improvement and fighting without the use of weapons."

Stat Block

Character Sheet