RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Mar 3rd, 2021, 02:23 PM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2387
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shula View Post
@The Dark Star
  • Though we are using some races from Amonkhet, we are not playing in that plane.
  • The background you chose is fine, however we are using the Egyptian Pantheon in the PHB not the one in the Amonkhet PDF.
Thank you for letting me know, wasn't sure and will make the appropriate changes!
Old Mar 3rd, 2021, 03:06 PM
Once more unto the breach

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13417
zebedee zebedee zebedee zebedee zebedee zebedee zebedee zebedee zebedee zebedee zebedee
If I can get the nod that "warlike queen" opens up a Zeal domain for Hathor, I'm good to go!
Old Mar 3rd, 2021, 04:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 427
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebedee View Post
If I can get the nod that "warlike queen" opens up a Zeal domain for Hathor, I'm good to go!
Yeah, I'll mark it complete.
Old Mar 3rd, 2021, 04:39 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Applicants
PlayerCharacter NameRace/ClassStatus
TheDarkStarAbeden HassanTabaxi/Sorcerer-
Just realized you're character is a Tabaxi... Ægyptian and Axumite feline humanoids are Leonine.

If you wish to be a Tabaxi, they're from the far off jungles of Mhairshaulk. This was once the Yuan-Ti empire that fragmented centuries ago. Now, Lamias, Lizardfolk, Nagas and Yuan-Ti vie for dominance while Humans, Loxodons and Tabaxi struggle to survive the war. For those that speak a language other than a racial one, Draconic is the common language though Humans, Loxodons and Tabaxi are less likely to learn it and speak Axumite instead.

Realistically, for your backstory, your family had to have fled Mhairshaulk several generations ago to be well established in Ægyptus. You'd still stand out like a sore thumb. Or you could change to Leonine.

Last edited by Shula; Mar 3rd, 2021 at 04:48 PM.
Old Mar 4th, 2021, 02:57 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
45 Hours to go.

Old Mar 4th, 2021, 03:06 PM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2387
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
This is great info! I already have a new background that would fit this setting, will make the changes to character right away.

Oh yes, this is good stuff.

Quote:
Just realized you're character is a Tabaxi... Ægyptian and Axumite feline humanoids are Leonine.

If you wish to be a Tabaxi, they're from the far off jungles of Mhairshaulk. This was once the Yuan-Ti empire that fragmented centuries ago. Now, Lamias, Lizardfolk, Nagas and Yuan-Ti vie for dominance while Humans, Loxodons and Tabaxi struggle to survive the war. For those that speak a language other than a racial one, Draconic is the common language though Humans, Loxodons and Tabaxi are less likely to learn it and speak Axumite instead.

Realistically, for your backstory, your family had to have fled Mhairshaulk several generations ago to be well established in Ægyptus. You'd still stand out like a sore thumb. Or you could change to Leonine.
Old Mar 5th, 2021, 08:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 266
jemmus jemmus jemmus
Abrax
right-aligned image

Name: Abrax (AH-brahks)

Race: Khenra from Aegyptus

Class: Cleric (of Anubis; Grave domain)

Alignment: Neutral Good

Background: Acolyte

Personality Traits: Abrax is good-natured and generous to both friends and strangers. Perhaps partly because of his canine-ish Khenra nature, he puts the needs of the group before his own. He has been known to do reckless and almost foolhardy things in fights to protect the group.

Ideal: Wishes to perfect his understanding of Anubis and the gods and the interaction of Life and Afterlife. Wants to assist ordinary people, not just kings and princes, with journeys to a good afterlife. He’s on a quest to gain more understanding not in a temple anymore, but out in the world.

Bond: The temple of Anubis where he was raised.

Flaw: Has little tolerance for greed, dishonesty, deception, or even basic human selfishness. His uncompromising and rather naïve outlook are impractical, considering the how things actually are in Axum and Aegyptus. And Abrax doesn’t anger easily, but when he does, he doesn’t get a little angry. He gets fully enraged.

Backstory: Abrax grew up as a servant-errand boy, and later a watchman and guard, at a temple of Anubis. Though he wasn’t of the right bloodline to become a sacred priest, the priests noticed that he was very attentive during rituals and enbalming, and that he seemed very curious about all things divine. There seemed to be something special about him, although he was of common farmer stock. They considered making him an acolyte, and asked for guidance through a divination ritual.
In the midst of the ceremony, a pack of seven jackals from the fields entered the temple, crossed the room, and stood under the statue of Anubis. Not the biggest, but the smallest of them stood on its hind legs and said to the priests, “You are correct; a pomegranate can grow from a fig tree.” The pack turned and went back to the fields. It wasn't any kind of sign or miracle like the temple hadn't seen before. The high priest said, “So. Let the young man learn.”
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by jemmus; Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:33 PM.
Old Mar 6th, 2021, 01:37 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
PARTY[TABLE="head;sort=1;css=cent"]Player|Character Name|Race/Class
Penbeast0|Knhurn|Hawk-headed Aven/Warlock.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?p=9068281#post9068281"]Jabar al-
HuLi|Utet-Sa-Kaphir|Human/Fighter
TheDarkStar|Abeden Hassan|Tabaxi/Sorcerer
Abrax|Abrax|Khenra/Cleric

The fight for the last spot was between 3 players and at the last second a Jackal-headed being came in and scooped it up.

Link to Game Folder

If you feel like being a backup, please post it in this thread. If needed I will pick from these backups before posting for just anyone to take it.

Last edited by Shula; Mar 6th, 2021 at 01:46 AM.
Old Mar 6th, 2021, 01:51 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2149
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
congratulations to those who got in. I'm definitely interested in being a backup should you need a second jackal-headed being.
Old Mar 6th, 2021, 01:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Whoops... you got in Delpinator...somehow I forgot to put you in the chart. Mea Culpa. Mea Maxima Culpa.
Old Mar 6th, 2021, 01:57 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2149
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
yay and don't worry jabar has often been forgotten. helps in being a rogue.
Old Mar 6th, 2021, 09:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2045
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
Congrats all, it sounds like a fun adventure you'll be going on!
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 10:11 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5001
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
Hi Shula,

I'm sorry that I was not able to put an app together for your consideration. I'm afraid that IRL problems and unusual writers' block both conspired against me.

Would you be open to allow readers to follow along with your game?
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 02:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
The game thread is open... by site rules only the players involved may post in the game thread.