DnD5e A Story of Unlife: Academic Pursuit - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jan 1st, 2021, 10:16 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1042
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
Reina Wildenheart
left-aligned image
right-aligned image
Name: Reina Wildenheart

Race: Variant Human

Class: Fighter (Champion)

Alignment: Lawful Good

Background: Knight

Personality Trait:
-Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood.
-The common folk love me for my kindness and generosity.

Ideal: Noble Obligation. It is my duty to protect and care for the people beneath me. (Good)

Bond: The common folk must see me as a hero of the people.

Flaw: I hide a truly scandalous secret that could ruin my family forever.

Writing Sample:

Old Jan 2nd, 2021, 11:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 103
TibbyLTP TibbyLTP
Tasia "Sunbeam"

Name: Tasia "Sunbeam"

Race: Satyr

Class: Paladin

God: Skerrit

Subclass: Oath of the Ancients

Background: Hermit (Would you be fine if I switch the Religion skill proficiency to Nature?)

Life of Seclusion: I was searching for spiritual enlightenment.

Personality Trait:
- I'm oblivious to etiquette and social expectations.
- I feel tremendous empathy for all who suffer.

Ideal: Greater Good. My gifts are meant to be shared with all, not used for my own benefit. (Good)

Bond: I'm still seeking the enlightenment I pursued in my seclusion, and it still eludes me.

Flaw: Now that I've returned to the world, I enjoy its delights a little too much.

Writing Sample: Tasia gives a contented sigh as she gazes up at the starry night sky. It has been a very long day. She knew her first day back in civilization would be a rough one, its been well over 10 years at this point, but she could never have expected the amount of things that could happen in one day.

Kicked out of a store for "stealing." If you didn't want people to take your items why leave them out on a shelf?

Kicked out of a temple for "causing a disturbance." How else are you to honor your god than by song and dance?

Kicked out of a tavern for "destroying property." What is the use of a table if not as a stage to dance upon? How was I supposed to know it would not support me?

And finally kicked out of many people's homes for "trespassing." If homes were made for sleeping then why wouldn't anyone let me sleep!

Tasia gives one final stretch and then snuggles into the strong arms of the only man that didn't turn her away. Maybe tomorrow will be different. "Oi! You, satyr. What the bloody damn do you think you are doing in that statue?" Tasia groans, Its going to be a long night.

Last edited by TibbyLTP; Jan 3rd, 2021 at 11:08 AM.
Old Jan 5th, 2021, 05:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 817
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
@TibbyLTP, nature's fine. Making your own background is standard fair; so long as it's reasonable, go nuts. Sorry I didn't get to your other questions sooner; end of the year madness. Anyway, yes, there are a number of exotic species that are here and there. The local Teamsters union is basically made of centaurs, and there are satyr here and there. (In one of the upcoming locations in the game, there's a satyr barman, but I didn't say that. Shh...)

Anyway, I've been going through with broad strokes, and things have calmed down a bit so I have more free time on my hands, I'm going to do more with a fine comb. Don't be afraid to get weird.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Old Jan 5th, 2021, 07:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 103
TibbyLTP TibbyLTP
Thanks for the answers, and no worries about the delay on answering me, life comes first and all that.

I did assume from what you had said before about exotic races that my idea for my character would be fine, I just wanted to be more safe than sorry. :>

It is nice to know that exotic races do have a more prominent role in this world, most of the time they seem to be just tossed in as an after thought.

Old Jan 17th, 2021, 01:54 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
I'll be dming folks tomorrow

Old Jan 21st, 2021, 12:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
That was a little chaotic, but never mind. In any case, it was a tough call, but I made my choices for this go around. If we need more or I have the opportunity to expand the game, then I'll give priority to the others who haven't been picked so far.