RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 02:29 PM
Werewolf of London

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14074
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
I'm half-asleep, so I may be completely misunderstanding something, but I just want to ask for a point of clarity:

✦ Books Used: All 20th Anniversary books are in play. Any other books are completely out, with no exception. As a side note, there are no other Supernatural books in use in my games. Garou, Changelings, Hunters, and so on, are translated into Vampire rules.

So I'm assuming that you mean that any other Supernaturals will use the rules presented for them as enemies in the Vampire books, and that PCs may only play as Vampires.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:28 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 592
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
That's an impressive amount of backstory! I'd certainly like to submit an application for this game- unfortunately I'll have to wait until tomorrow to write up my character, but I'd like to go ahead and make a start right now.

Edit: Application's finished!

Also hi Phettberg!

Anthony Haynes
right-aligned image

Name: Anthony Haynes, but his "friends" call him Tony.

Identity: Well well, look who decided to wake up... Suppose a stake through the hand will do that to a man- hell, I'm surprised the first one didn't wake you. But I need you to sit still for what comes next, and crucifying you does the trick. 'sides, at least you get to go out the same way our saviour did. And let's be honest, you ain't as holy as He was, not by a long shot.

Quit your whining. I said quit it! What, you think you can steal from me and get away with it? I gave you a home, a place to stay, and you decide lining your own pockets with my money is a good idea? Well, then, you got another thing coming. Or maybe you thought I'd just send some men out to get you, stay in my little ivory tower while you give a couple of ghouls the slip? What do I look like to you, some spoilt blue blood too damn lazy to do things himself? I'm Lasombra, brother- I clean up my own damn messes.

What's that? Why am I doing this? I suppose you mean the whole crucifiction thing. Well, suppose we got a little time, might as well tell you a little story. Might take your mind off the bleeding. See, I used to be a good christian- which is a hard thing, growing up in the Projects. Kids I knew got shot up every day, what with the crime epidemic of the early sixties. Hid myself underneath the couch with my momma every other night, whenever the shooting started. Later I learned the Camarilla was responsible for that, some damn fools calling themselves Nightingales. Probably Ventrue, if you ask me, but I reckon the whole lot of 'em deserve to fry. But me? I did the smart thing. I sure as hell wasn't staying in the Projects all my life, so I stayed in school, went to church with my momma every Sunday. Thought I'd make something of myself, someone respectable. Turns out, god had other plans for me.

One night in '73, I just walked down an alley, coming back from university. That's right, I studied economics, back in the day. Now I know it ain't smart to walk down an alley in the Projects, but there was a gunfight going down on the main road. So I took a shortcut. Next thing I know a shovel hits me in the head, and I wake up buried up to my neck in the dirt, along with a dozen others. And man, let me tell you, I was hungry. Mad hungry. So I dug myself out and, well, those dozen others were the only food around that I saw. Me and two others who also managed to free themselves, we drank their blood down to the last drop. And just as we were about to tear into each other, there comes that damn shovel again.

Only this time when I woke up, next to the other two, I wasn't as hungry. Some old dude stood over me, congratulated me. Said I was part of something bigger now, handed me a gun and told me to start shooting people he said were our enemies. So I did- didn't feel like feeling that shovel a third time. Everything happened so fast, it took me a while to figure out I was a vampire now. Imagine that, lived as a good Christian all my life, then wham! I'm a creature of darkness, Lucifer's hellspawn. I figured, well, if that's God's plan for me, I might as well lean in. If God wants me to be a monster, I'll be a damn monster.

Years later, and the war between us and what I now know was the Camarilla is over. My sire goes and tells the three of us, he's only got the time for one childe anymore. Whoever survives the night becomes True Sabbat. And sure enough, those damn fools decide to team up against me. Suppose they either were too scared of me to take me on by themselves, or they thought so little of me they just wanted me out of the way before the real fight began. Disgusting, if you ask me- you don't ask someone else to take care of your own problems. Doesn't matter either way, I suppose- I had a little time before they found me. My sire had given me this abandoned church as a place to stay, so that's where I holed up. Brought in a couple of people- gang members I'd fought the Camarilla alongside of. 'course, they thought it was just some turf war- they didn't know a damn thing about vampires.

Sure enough, my two fellow shovelheads come up to my church, and they'd brought their own kine fodder. The shooting starts, and well, we were outnumbered- couldn't get the bastards from getting in. My boys fought hard, but they were outnumbered two to one, and well, you can't really expect kine to keep two vampires out, can you? Even if they got a vampire of their own. 'course, I knew that going in. So I made damn sure not to be inside that Church when the shooting started- in fact, I was holed up in a building on the other side of the street. Waited for my fellow shovelheads to get inside, and then I pushed the button. One little remote explosive wasn't gonna do much. But a remote explosive, sitting on top of god knows how much ammo, stockpiled over the course of a decade of war? Along with a couple barrels of gas? The explosion lit up the night, and the church- and everyone inside- was gone. I won.

I went outside to execute the two or three fools who hadn't gone into the church, and that was that. I turned around to see my sire standing behind me, along with five of his friends. They'd brought a firebrand and a goblet, and they elevated me to True Sabbat right then and there.

Why am I telling you this? 'cause I need you to understand. God made me a monster and I sure ain't gonna lie down and cry about it. No, if I gotta be a monster, then I gonna be the top monster. That night, I burned down everything I had- my haven, my people, everything I couldn't carry on my back, down to the last bullet. All for a shot at the prize. I need you to understand what I'm capable of sacrificing for my goals. And now that I'm in the middle of setting up a business here in the east-side docks, you went and got yourself in the way of that- tried to take what I need to attain my goals. You starting to realize just how stupid you are?

Well, don't worry. I think I hear my friends arriving, and you're tonight's entertainment. That's right, we're gonna show you what happens when you try to take what's mine. That's why I crucified you- Jesus suffered on the cross for the evil in men's hearts, and now you need to suffer for the evil in ours. But don't worry brother, we ain't gonna kill you.

You're just never gonna leave this cellar again.

Experience: Well, I got into roleplaying games about fifteen years ago, when a friend I used to play Warhammer with invited me to his RP group. Sadly that group broke apart a few years later due to an unrelated argument, after playing first a DnD 3.5 game and then a Star Wars game, but the interest for the hobby remained. I've only recently really gotten into the whole PbP roleplaying games, but I have played in (and eventually ran) a lot of PbP strategy games with heavy RP elements, where IC diplomacy with other players and storytelling were important aspects. This basically consisted of writing IC letters to other players' characters and writing stories about the game each week, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

For the past year and a half or so, I've been a member of this website and played in a number of games from various systems. Outside this website I've done the same, and GM'ed a 2nd edition WFRP game, which sadly came to a very recent (and hopefully temporary) stop after two years, due to the website (which was not mine) going down.

As for what I like about the game, well, I love writing up new characters, and seeing them develop over time by interacting with the other players- even if that development ends up being a bad one from my character's point of view! That said, learning to use a system's combat mechanics is its own reward, although I feel that even in combat, roleplaying remains an important element.

Finally, a note on availability. I work as a software engineer, meaning I basically spend 40 hours per week sitting in front of a computer. That gives me plenty of time to write at least one post every day, or- worst case scenario- every other day. I might be a bit busier during the weekend, though.

I think that's about it for personal experience, but please let me know if you have any additional questions !

Last edited by DemonSlayer; 09-26-2018 at 05:24 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-26-2018, 05:16 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 592
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Ok, I finished my application! I realize you said that a Lasombra character would have a harder time getting accepted, but I hope you'll consider my application anyway- I've always liked clan Lasombra, but with most games only accepting the Camarilla clans, I've never really had a chance to actually play one. However, if you are really against Lasombra (and Tzimisce) in your game, I'd be perfectly willing to re-write him as a Ventrue antitribu or something.

Also, if you are ok with it, I would like for Anthony to follow the Path of Night. I understand it would be very difficult to portray that particular mentality correctly, and honestly I'm kinda looking forward to the challenge! However, if you feel it has no place in your game I'd also be happy just following the Path of Humanity instead (granted, Tony'd be on the lower end of the scale, but still).

Either way, I would be very happy to receive your feedback!