twitter facebook

Notices

Old Aug 10th, 2021, 01:29 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17659
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
I had just finished reading The Belgariad by David Eddings and I was taken by the character Prince Kheldar in that book who went by the name Silk for the majority of it. I was surprised that such a simple name went through as a username

Incidentally, my very first application on RPG Crossing was a thief named Silk. I never got chosen for the game so I never managed to play a character named Silk as Silk

"There are many fates worse than a quick and foolish death."

Sun - Thu: Normal / Fri & Sat: Usually Unavailable

Last edited by Silk; Aug 10th, 2021 at 01:32 AM.
Old Aug 10th, 2021, 08:20 AM
Play Other RPGs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8064
orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane
My name was created by proto-me. I had played D&D all of 1 time, where I played a dual-wielding Ranger that was fighting orcs. I attacked with both swords, killed one orc, and replied ooc "only one?" I was VERY into Tolkien at the time, and D&D was presented to me as 'it's like a Lord of the Rings game'. I was able to derive the name out of a sloppy mixture of young-brain and whoa-ery.

But it didn't make the jump to online until I was introduced to Runescape. "It's like D&D, but on the computer!" I had to create a screen name, and the ol' orcbane came upon me, except I was 2 months shy of my 15th birthday, so, of course, I opted for orcbane15.

Then, some years later, "15" was no longer cool and I discovered a website called dndonlinegames.com. So I dropped the 15 and still didn't bother with capitalization!
Old Aug 10th, 2021, 04:41 PM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4978
Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach
Almost two decades ago now I started working on an epic fantasy series where Icereach was the name of a near-mythical mountain kingdom. I spun the name out of whole cloth - I just liked the mouth feel. Now said kingdom is named something else and Icereach is the general name for my "realm" of creative projects.
Icereach#8108 | Gost, a campaign setting | The House of Ejlvajn, a module compilation
Old Aug 10th, 2021, 04:42 PM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4978
Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
I had just finished reading The Belgariad by David Eddings and I was taken by the character Prince Kheldar in that book who went by the name Silk for the majority of it. I was surprised that such a simple name went through as a username

Incidentally, my very first application on RPG Crossing was a thief named Silk. I never got chosen for the game so I never managed to play a character named Silk as Silk
Off-topic but this was a fantastic series and world mythos. I will always love Pol.
Icereach#8108 | Gost, a campaign setting | The House of Ejlvajn, a module compilation
Old Aug 10th, 2021, 04:52 PM
Of the Fartnocker Clan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 45302
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Mine came from my first PC on the site (back when it was dndonlinegames). A halfling ranger/barbarian with a Napoleon complex (the Bane of all things Tall). He does predate Belkar Bitterleaf - at least, he predated my knowledge of Belkar Bitterleaf.

His real name was Gongo Littlebottom -- but when introducing himself, he would follow the script from Stripes... "The name's Gongo Littlebottom, but everybody calls me Squeak. Any of you guys call me Gongo, I'll kill you."

Last edited by Squeak; Aug 10th, 2021 at 05:01 PM.
Old Aug 12th, 2021, 12:51 PM
Swords, not words!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19431
lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio
Many years ago when my son was a baby, he and I visited my mother and sister in Detroit for a few days. When we left, my sister told me, "I miss the baby! When you left, I kept it together until I was cleaning up and saw one lost Cheerio that had rolled under the sofa. Then I lost it." I thought it was kind of funny, the poignancy of this abandoned piece of cereal making her cry, so I picked it up as a username in one of those random moments... I think it was choosing a username for Yahoo of all things. And then it just stuck.
Old Aug 12th, 2021, 05:32 PM
Half-Orc Fighter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6077
Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer
My handle comes from my first D&D character back in the late 90's. His father was the warchief of an orc tribe and was forced to pledge fealty to an evil paladin that conquered the area. He was given to the evil paladin as tribute and was forced to fight as a gladiator. He was able to escape one night when a bad storm that sounded like a "hammer pounding an anvil" created a diversion. He renamed himself "Stormhammer" as a symbol of his newfound freedom.
Old Aug 15th, 2021, 12:58 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2371
Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco
I first played D&D a very long time ago...my name is a callback to those days.
Old Aug 18th, 2021, 05:04 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Rosewood
Mine is the name of the first PC I ever played.
Old Aug 18th, 2021, 08:14 PM
Big Piggy Pig Big Pig!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36341
PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG
My name is simple and easy to refer to. That's the real reason.

Back when I was a teen (long ago) I used it as my arcade name for high scores so I used it here. It's from a Nine Inch Nails song called Piggy.
Old Aug 18th, 2021, 08:18 PM
Big Piggy Pig Big Pig!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36341
PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostcheerio View Post
Many years ago when my son was a baby, he and I visited my mother and sister in Detroit for a few days. When we left, my sister told me, "I miss the baby! When you left, I kept it together until I was cleaning up and saw one lost Cheerio that had rolled under the sofa. Then I lost it." I thought it was kind of funny, the poignancy of this abandoned piece of cereal making her cry, so I picked it up as a username in one of those random moments... I think it was choosing a username for Yahoo of all things. And then it just stuck.
When I first saw your name some time ago the first thought was when a little kid offers their sticky cheerio to you. I swear lol
Old Sep 2nd, 2021, 09:26 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 179
BarrowB BarrowB
I often pick Barrow Bird as a nickname but decided to shorten it to BarrowB this time.

Well, one day I saw a duck sitting in a water puddle in my barrow and thought "This guy looks chill... hey 'duck' and 'barrow' rhyme in my language, I'm using that.". Later I adapted it to Barrow Bird to use on english sites.
Old Sep 2nd, 2021, 02:35 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15205
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrowB View Post
I often pick Barrow Bird as a nickname but decided to shorten it to BarrowB this time.

Well, one day I saw a duck sitting in a water puddle in my barrow and thought "This guy looks chill... hey 'duck' and 'barrow' rhyme in my language, I'm using that.". Later I adapted it to Barrow Bird to use on english sites.
Okay, I've been absent a while, so if this is common knowledge I apologise. But I am very curious about that native language!
Old Sep 8th, 2021, 03:41 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 970
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
It's who I am!