RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Dec 4th, 2022, 04:08 PM
Cleaner of the Royal Butt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4160
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
So, errr, today, I vanish until the 9th. No Internet. I'm a die, thank you forever

Last edited by Lentil Sponge; Dec 4th, 2022 at 04:24 PM.
Old Dec 4th, 2022, 04:16 PM
It's clobberin' time

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18045
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Bye! We'll miss you! Probably!

(yes)

Posting status: Around.
Old Dec 4th, 2022, 05:10 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8048
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Lentil, you remind me of lyrics--

Can't make assumptions about any of this
We're nomads following our own songlines
Who knows what could strike before we meet again?
But if I fall down and die
Without saying goodbye
I give you this: you'll have lost a friend

-- Birmingham Shadows, Bruce Cockburn
Old Dec 5th, 2022, 01:09 PM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9775
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Sorry folks I’ve had a busy week oncall, just trying to catch up with things now
Old Dec 10th, 2022, 07:10 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
So I've nominated Noquarter19 for post of the month, and I keep being unable to give you all rpxp, but honestly how did I get so many great writers in one game, holy ****
Old Dec 10th, 2022, 08:47 PM
It's clobberin' time

Tools
User Statistics
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentil Sponge View Post
So I've nominated Noquarter19 for post of the month, and I keep being unable to give you all rpxp, but honestly how did I get so many great writers in one game, holy ****
I am honored by the nomination, I am honored to play with so many great writers and a great GM, and I am grateful that I was given the opportunity to go on this journey with you all.

Alright, enough emotions, let's go get that friggin' chest back.

Old Dec 12th, 2022, 07:27 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Just to clarify before I write any posts, who is going to stakeout early and who is meeting ariadne, and who is just stalking her at the time? To note, you know the road she lives on but not in which building.

Last edited by Lentil Sponge; Dec 12th, 2022 at 07:27 PM.
Old Dec 12th, 2022, 07:56 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6905
Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott
Grim is going with Damien to stakeout early to the best of my knowledge
Old Dec 12th, 2022, 08:46 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12899
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Quote:
Just to clarify before I write any posts, who is going to stakeout early and who is meeting ariadne, and who is just stalking her at the time? To note, you know the road she lives on but not in which building.
Yeah, Damien and Grim are going ahead of the others. Damien will use the extra time to scout for any shady figures lurking or making repeated passes through the area. Doing his best to study and learn about them from a distance if he does notice any.

Last edited by Touketsu; Dec 12th, 2022 at 08:46 PM.
Old Dec 12th, 2022, 09:24 PM

Tools
User Statistics
I think Liana said she might join you, but for now I'll write just what two of you see, then anyone else who joins you can be included in the secret text or spoilerbutton, whichever I end up using

EDIT: Can confirm I misread CatCanCook's post, so for now I'll assume just Damien and Grim go to stakeout, and the others are going for Ariadne.

Last edited by Lentil Sponge; Dec 12th, 2022 at 10:32 PM.
Old Dec 13th, 2022, 02:12 AM

Tools
User Statistics
So, there's something I do want to ask that I probably should've asked earlier. Are there any themes or concepts that people are really uncomfortable with and/or just do not want in their role-playing?

This isn't going to be relevant for quite a while, but one of the NPCs (and it isn't Ariadne so don't worry about ruining any of my recent plans if that's a factor for you) has a backstory that is... well, to put it lightly, ****ing grim as ****. I think their backstory being so dark does add a lot insofar as it makes the villain of their story all the more monstrous and ties into plots I have in mind for further down the road, and is also, in my opinion, justified by the narrative purpose.

But to warn you... well,

And I don't want to drop anyone into stuff they aren't comfortable with. Plus, before any more fighting comes, another warning... I love blood and guts. I was raised on Riki-Oh, Mortal Kombat and Peter Jackson, I love heads popping off and spines being torn out and good ol' fashioned curbstompings and that bit in that one Robocop fan remake where a dude's junk is blown off and you see the actual penis turn into a cloud of red jelly. It's beautiful... for me, and gross for a lot of other people.

So I thought I'd ask about stuff now, with enough advance warning that I can change anything people just don't want in their games. I can dial back on sex, crime, gore and any other themes that you either are triggered by or just think are gross.

Now, I will keep stuff fairly implicit even if you're fine with it. Even though you all work in a brothel, some of your characters have done a sex and I try to keep it at either dumb eye-rolling innuendo or just a tasteful cutaway. I'm not going X-rated even if you would like that (that is strictly for private messages)

This is a game where crime, sex and violence will be a fact of life and all that entails, but it is also a game. We're here to have fun or tell a story which may or may not be fun, not get traumatised. So feel free to say or PM with a list of do not wants and/or "please warn me before xyz"
Old Dec 13th, 2022, 02:22 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12899
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Personally, my comfort level is drawn where my fellow players’ are. I don’t really have a line as far as dark goes if it’s for good narrative purposes. I think that dark elements can add compelling layers to characters and really help to highlight the high points even more. Now, as far as how graphic it actually gets, anything that would make me uncomfortable would go against the rules of RPGX to post anyway, so that’s not really a concern of mine either.

TLDR: As long as the others are cool with it, go nuts.

Last edited by Touketsu; Dec 13th, 2022 at 02:23 AM.
Old Dec 13th, 2022, 09:00 AM
It's clobberin' time

Tools
User Statistics
My character literally takes a penalty for not attacking incapacitated/dying foes. You don't have to treat me with kid gloves at all.

Old Dec 13th, 2022, 09:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8048
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
So Liana was going on the Ariadne mission. As posted:

Quote:
"I'll go with the group to protect the girl. I can be stealthy, enough. And if someone comes to attack her, well, I know a thing or two about retaliation."
Presumable her function is not to pre-scout, but to tag along stealthily behind. With +4 to stealth from small size, and +2 from the dimdweller trait, plus her psionic ability, she can get up to +15 on stealth checks.

--

A mechanics / gear question:

Liana salvaged what she could from Kasturr's crossbow, and Grim purportedly has some ability to mend broken things. Can they get her upgraded to a masterwork light crossbow? Via some combination of scavenged pieces, Grim's abilities and/or cash? Fishing for a path to a +1.

Last edited by CatCanCook; Dec 13th, 2022 at 10:00 AM.
Old Dec 13th, 2022, 09:40 PM
It's clobberin' time

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
It might be good if Vyeggar is walking the opposite direction, just to not appear like a gang ourselves. If I'm looking at I7 correctly, the road appears to loop. How much of a challenge would it be to circle around and pass by? Any sort of roll for that?

I guess I'll call it stalking in reverse?

Last edited by Noquarter19; Dec 13th, 2022 at 09:41 PM.