RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Oct 9th, 2022, 12:34 PM
It's clobberin' time

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18045
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Was that a situation where the kobold broke free first try? My intention was to maintain the grapple in the second round so I could use the feat Whirling Hold for the lols and also because it just seemed like the kind of thing Vyeggar would consider "an effective interrogation technique" Never mind, saw the dice roll. Little turd beat my CMD.

Also, seems like the witch was also bad? Can't trust anyone these days.

Also LMAO at the thought of Vyeggar passing a will save. That's an unnatural 1, friend. Vyeggar's the kind of guy the tobacco industry looooooves. No willpower whatsoever.

Posting status: Around.

Last edited by Noquarter19; Oct 9th, 2022 at 12:39 PM.
Old Oct 9th, 2022, 05:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8048
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Sorry for being out of the loop for a good chunk of time. I'm back ...

In my personal life -- I accepted a new job then starting consulting part time for the new gig. I resigned my existing job, had going away parties and farewells, etc. And, started up at the new gig. Since I was working two jobs for a bit as I was overlapping at two companies, I was rather overwhelmed with real life stuff for a number of weeks.

I'll try to catch back up. And ... I've got a post up -- doing some risk-reduction for Grim as he works on his job tying up kobold.

Last edited by CatCanCook; Oct 9th, 2022 at 05:44 PM.
Old Oct 9th, 2022, 06:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6905
Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott
well with help and encouragement from the lovely Liana (welcome back Cat) how can he not try for all 4 in a round. DC 20.

Dice Sleight of hand vs DC 20:
1D20+9 (13)+9 Total = 22
Old Oct 11th, 2022, 03:19 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12899
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noquarter19 View Post
LMAO at the thought of Vyeggar passing a will save. That's an unnatural 1, friend. Vyeggar's the kind of guy the tobacco industry looooooves. No willpower whatsoever.
I was going to remind you that Damien began a Bardic Performance last round that gives you +1 to saves against kobold shenanigans, but then I saw your roll.

… nvm.
Old Oct 11th, 2022, 07:18 AM
Cleaner of the Royal Butt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4160
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touketsu View Post
I was going to remind you that Damien began a Bardic Performance last round that gives you +1 to saves against kobold shenanigans, but then I saw your roll.

… nvm.
I will note that Damien getting up the ladder probably took that round, so if you would rather take an action other than your Bardic Performance, you may well do so.
Old Oct 11th, 2022, 09:14 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12899
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentil Sponge View Post
I will note that Damien getting up the ladder probably took that round, so if you would rather take an action other than your Bardic Performance, you may well do so.
Nah, I'm fine with keeping it going until combat is definitively over. That said, I'm not sure if there's any mechanical way to intimidate cooperation the way I'm about to imply in my post. (pretty sure intimidation to coerce action is its own action, right?)

Edit: nvm, I'm just gonna commit to the intimidation.

Last edited by Touketsu; Oct 11th, 2022 at 09:24 AM.
Old Oct 12th, 2022, 07:56 AM
It's clobberin' time

Tools
User Statistics
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Will try to get a post up tonight, though since I don't have an action I don't mind being skipped.

Old Oct 12th, 2022, 10:43 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott
So Grim is now alone in the cellar with the 4 sleeping tied up Kobolds and all those very lucrative packs of street drugs? its a good thing he wasn't just fleeced by his employer and in need of quick and substantial funds right now muahahahaha
Old Oct 12th, 2022, 11:11 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Scott View Post
So Grim is now alone in the cellar with the 4 sleeping tied up Kobolds and all those very lucrative packs of street drugs? its a good thing he wasn't just fleeced by his employer and in need of quick and substantial funds right now muahahahaha
Old Oct 12th, 2022, 11:23 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
the more he takes, the less there is on the streets, so really he's providing a public service.
Old Oct 15th, 2022, 03:10 AM
It's clobberin' time

Tools
User Statistics
On the subject of exp... 1) Is this the first exp we've earned (my brain cannot recall); 2) what should I set the exp rate to on the sheet?

Old Oct 15th, 2022, 05:15 AM

Tools
User Statistics
1- it is indeed
2- I forgot to mention. Usually for pbp, fast tends to be the best way to go, so you're not stuck at level 1 forever
Old Oct 23rd, 2022, 10:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8048
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
I did a small retcon to my post, to have Liana's wondering about Kasturr happen only after he mentions it:

Quote:
Liana waited, trying to puzzle out what was happening, Which happens in the following post, belowuntil the vile half orc mentioned Kasturr.
Just fixing timing, no actual change to mechanics or outcomes.
Old Oct 25th, 2022, 12:35 AM

Tools
User Statistics
So not only has there been a game update, but I have also updated your list of contacts to include Kasturr! In case it's not obvious, he's the one who killed the kobold. So he's obviously trying to keep you alive, but also he wants to keep people from telling you about him? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Old Oct 25th, 2022, 02:31 AM
It's clobberin' time

Tools
User Statistics
As near as I can tell, these are/were our goals for the Dragon Road pharmacy:
-Determine if the pharmacy was a drug front - complete, with Grim's free sample as proof

-Talafax is a good customer of Tilly's, so don't hurt him - complete? Apparently he'll be annoyed we took some of his drugs, but considering the damage we could have done, I'm going to consider this a success

-Mark the location of, but do not try to interfere with, a kobold with a scar - WIP. I (or someone) can ask the witch if she or her crew know if Kasturr has a facial scar. If yes, then I suppose we follow at a distance and try to tag where he holes up. In fact, might be a good idea to do that anyway even if Kasturr doesn't have a scar.

-A fourth thing I am forgetting?

I don't see any more reason we need to stick around with the witch and her people, but obviously if I missed something please chime in

Last edited by Noquarter19; Oct 25th, 2022 at 02:32 AM.