RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Oct 25th, 2022, 05:23 AM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9775
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Soo I'm confused... Is the fleeing kobold the scarred kobold that we are supposed to leave alone?
Old Oct 25th, 2022, 07:39 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12899
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatere View Post
Soo I'm confused... Is the fleeing kobold the scarred kobold that we are supposed to leave alone?
Yes. Tilly told us not to engage and not let him know we’d seen him if we found him. As Damien figures, Kasturr opened up hostilities and is now trying to make a run for it, so pretending we didn’t see him and reporting back to Tilly is pointless. Damien’s not trying to hurt him though; at this point I think our best bet is to incapacitate Kasturr, capture him, and bring him back to Tilly with a bag over his head.

OOC though if anyone wants to interfere they’re welcome.

Last edited by Touketsu; Oct 25th, 2022 at 07:39 AM.
Old Oct 25th, 2022, 08:09 AM
It's clobberin' time

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18045
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touketsu View Post
at this point I think our best bet is to incapacitate Kasturr, capture him, and bring him back to Tilly with a bag over his head.

I may be just channeling my own inborn inertia, but as far as Vyeggar sees it, that figure could have attacked us at will minutes ago. The fact he didn't, and the bolt seemingly aimed at the witch, well so far none of this is his problem. Oh sure, he's curious about the guy, but as he sees it, this is a kobold on kobold issue, and therefore beneath his interest. Plus, if he is who Tilly wants, Vyeggar has no desire to go against the one explicit instruction they were given about him.

Tl;Dr- bag him up if you want, but know that I will play it like I thought it was a bad idea

Posting status: Around.
Old Oct 25th, 2022, 10:12 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12899
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noquarter19 View Post
Tl;Dr- bag him up if you want, but know that I will play it like I thought it was a bad idea
I accept full responsibility.

Hopefully if Tilly is mad, she's nice enough not to aim for Damien's face.
Old Oct 26th, 2022, 12:14 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8048
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Liana is trying her very best to give the kobold a bad day.

Her actions depend on using 3 class abilities, 1 skill, 1 attack, 1 combat maneuver ... and me rule-mongering and pointing out the rules for climb+acrobatics ... to beg-plead that this guy cannot miraculously dodge a tiny little crossbow bolt hurtling across 120'....

Let's see what happens...
Old Oct 26th, 2022, 01:19 AM
It's clobberin' time

Tools
User Statistics
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
I'm curious if you consider Vyeggar an ally

Old Oct 26th, 2022, 04:39 AM
Cleaner of the Royal Butt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4160
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCanCook View Post
Question: the scarred kobold is dangling from a rope: does that mean he is flatfooted and cannot dodge? If it counts as being acrobatic through unsteady terrain the rule is "you are considered flat-footed and lose your Dexterity bonus to your AC (if any)."
Likewise if dangling from a rope counts as climbing "While climbing, you can’t move to avoid a blow, so you lose your Dexterity bonus to AC (if any)."
You are correct, so it depends on if a 19 is enough to hit (spoiler alert, yeah). As a note, the rope connected to the grappling hook is actually around his waist, but a disarming shot would cause him to lose the crossbow itself. So he probably WILL go flying off into the distance, but then he won't be able to do it again. He'll be on foot and therefore a lot easier to catch up to, if you know where he landed (assuming, of course, that he's still awake by then)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noquarter19 View Post
I'm curious if you consider Vyeggar an ally
Lenny voice: "Eeeeeeh. Allies help their friends. I'd say she considers him more like a duck."
Old Oct 26th, 2022, 09:52 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Liana thinks, "The enemy of my enemy is my ally as long as they don't turn against me or the Family" (that is, Cirque and entertainment workers).
Old Oct 31st, 2022, 06:19 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
Would I be ok to post next, or does anyone else want to act?
Old Oct 31st, 2022, 06:31 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6905
Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott
Good by me, i'm sure we are all eager to see whats about to happen
Old Oct 31st, 2022, 06:46 AM
It's clobberin' time

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry yea go ahead, I didn't have much time this weekend to post. Vyeggar has no more reason to be at the apothecary, but he also will not be trying to corral the fleeing figure. If the guy is asleep or incapacitated, Vyeggar will go take a look, but Tilly didn't want the guy messed with and Vyeggar has no immediate reason to defy that request.

Old Nov 1st, 2022, 11:37 AM

Tools
User Statistics
To show you behind the curtain a little, part of me does slightly regret the tease with letting Kasturr getting away, and tbh him showing up, but it is what the character would've done, and I've put it now, so we'll have it as it is. If anything, it draws out the mystery of the chest thieves a little longer, and lets you acclimatise before the climax of this particular story arc.
Old Nov 1st, 2022, 12:50 PM
It's clobberin' time

Tools
User Statistics
I'm disclosing that here like it was discussed by Vyeggar while on the road.

For the purposes of any further investigation this morning, I would suggest we are out of time, but if hitting up a jeweler is next on the agenda, Elmen & Co (B3) was the result which popped from my knowledge roll. I didn't have Vyeggar bring up the Post Road Mob to the others IC, but rest assured they are too generic to know much about. If for some reason we needed more info, we could try the First Post Inn (F1), located conveniently on the Post Road.

Old Nov 4th, 2022, 10:33 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Liana had separate reasons for wanting to bag and question Kasturr. Damaging him a bit and (inadvertently) destroying his property was just unwanted side effects of trying to prevent him from fleeing. She could have also given an extra Move action to speed someone up to try to chase him down. Didn't get a chance to do that as he went "poof" despite all efforts.

Re: Post Road Mob -- it's probably a false lead.

The jewelry could be a useful lead.

Liana is trying to see if she can turn the shattered crossbow into another lead; something jury rigged or exotic to fire grappling hooks might be a specially constructed bespoke item.

The exotic crank-crossbow (whether heavy or light) has that trait: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/w...rossbow-heavy/
So I am presuming one cant just zip around with a regular crossbow.

There is also this special ammo: but the way that it is written, it seems to be useful for grappling creatures, not necessarily for acting like a thrown grappling hook for transport:
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/w...n/arrow-barbed

Last edited by CatCanCook; Nov 4th, 2022 at 10:34 AM.
Old Nov 5th, 2022, 10:38 AM

Tools
User Statistics
inb4, yeah, the Post Road Mob is just flavouring, not involved with the chest... OR ARE THEY?! (.............. no)

Liana absolutely can attempt that. I think the most applicable roll to identify that would be Knowledge Dungeoneering, Engineering or Local to identify if it is a custom build and a potential maker? Or Perception but a very high DC to see if there's any signatures by the craftsman.