Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Bampf
Into the Stolen Lands

Game NameInto the Stolen Lands
Game SystemPathfinder
ThemeSandbox exploration
FlavourA hybrid PbP-Maptools game using the Kingmaker Adventure Path with light to moderate modifications.
Plot Summary"Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the PCs survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?" Into the Stolen Lands - Kingmaker Adventure Path

Posting Expectations -

Minimum of 4-5 posts per week for PbP poriton. Personally I will be limited on my posts during the weekday. The vast majority of my post count will be Friday-Sunday.

Maptools will be used sparingly to accelerate the game during critical scenes/encounters. Sessions will be the occasional Sunday no more than twice per month for three to four hours.

Number of Players-
Looking for 4-5 players. Already have one IRL gaming friend commited. Best character background and overall design for selection. Please do not apply if you have played in this adventure path.

Character background and creation requirements-
1st level
Average hitpoints per level (Half+1)
Average starting wealth for class
Point buy 20 points
Advanced Players Guide base classes are allowed (Still using my beta copy for classes until my real one comes in)
All Pathfinder Companion books are allowed
Include a short visual description of your character, at least a paragraph for character background, and please define at minimum one clear long term character goal.
Please submit application via PM.

House rules -
Limited skill and feat retraining will be allowed with minimum IC investment (gold and time requirements). Class level retraining will be allowed with more intense IC requirements.
All prestige classes will have a role-playing requirement. I will work with you to hand craft a unique story for your character. If you know of prestige class(es) you would like to play please put it in OOC information on your character application so it can be considered.
I will also allow very limited 3.5 materials with approval.

Last edited by Bampf; 08-03-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55
RampageofSouls
Posting interest... will work more on character ect... tomorrow
Old 08-03-2010, 11:33 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Strangefate
Hi,

Iíd like to give this game a try but Iím still new to the Pathfinder system and MapTools. Do you mind running a player who is still learning the ropes?

(Iím familiar with playing RPGs on message boards and used to play AD&D online via mIRC with some regularity. The Pathfinder system is somewhat new to me though and, while I have MapTools downloaded, I havenít done a whole lot with it outside view the tutorials. It looks easy enough to use though, at least from the player side of things.)

Anyways, I thought I ought to ask ahead of time before going to the trouble of making a character.

Best,
SF
Old 08-04-2010, 05:37 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Bampf
Strangefate - You are more than welcome to submit a character for play. I will accept all experience levels if the players are commited to the game
Old 08-04-2010, 05:44 AM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
What time EST do you intend to run sessions? I tend to play at a local net cafe, limiting my access to certain times, generally between 5pm-7am EST.

Last edited by Moridain; 08-04-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Bampf
Good question! I am currently CST and intend to run the Sunday sessions around 9 AM CST/10AM EST or 5 PM CST/6 PM EST.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:53 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Strangefate
Great. For right now my character sheet can be viewed here. I know you said to PM them but I donít have PM-sending rights on these boards yet, having just joined. Once I do though Iíll send it that way.

I also added a trait from the Playerís Guide to Kingmaker since itís available for free on paizo.com. If youíre not using traits, just toss it. This is also the first cleric Iíve rolled for Pathfinder so, if he does make the cut, you might want to check to see if I goofed up anything. I think I was pretty careful, and even double-checked it through a pregen template, butÖ

As for the times, I can easily do the 6 PM, but the 10 AM might be difficult, depending on how much advance warning we get.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:23 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 43
Keiran
Oh noes! I'm looking for a Pathfinder game right now, but the one I'm in iRL is in fact Kingmaker. I wish you the best of luck, this is a sweet story.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:03 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2
Kylen
Hrmm..pondering an Alchemist for this...but I'm unsure to be honest. It doesn't help that I believe that this is breaking the rules of the site, seeing as it won't be run on here. (Only know this because I asked to advertise something like this, and was told it was against rules, specifically because I was running it all on Skype/Mumble and Maptools.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Bampf
Strangefate - Yes please select two traits for your character but not more than one per category.

Kylen although I have not received approval yet my intent is this game it will be run 95% on this site. I am planning on using Maptools as a tool to speed up the traditionally slower pace of a PbP game. I have put a posting expectation of 4-5 posts a week minimum.

Last edited by Bampf; 08-06-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:19 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Luopo
DM Bampf, I'm in the same boat as Strangefate, I can't PM yet, but would like to join the game if possible. Here is a link to my character, Nino "Spider" Thornhill, for your approval. Thanks!
Old 08-06-2010, 09:30 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Strangefate
Okay, added a second trait to my character profile.