RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Old 08-31-2011, 01:49 PM
25-Star General

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 91
TrintsSalvoris
Hidden Treasure And Greedy Goblins

APPLICATIONS CLOSED

Game NameHidden Treasure And Greedy Goblins
Game SystemOther Roleplaying Games
ThemeSkulk the dungeon and get the treasure
Flavouryour classic D&D a bit of a serious tone but jokes will be there
Plot Summary The world can be tough, especially for those who are young. Just starting out in the adventuring world you arrive to a small town. Surrounded by tall mountains, dense forests, and disgusting goblin tribes. Growing weary you decide to stay the night at an inn. Upon awakening you find all of belongings are gone. The inn keeper admits to nothing but points you to an add that states. Beware: Goblins have been ransacking the village, as of late we are no longer responsible for any lost items or gold. Any who challenge the goblins and succeed will be rewarded handsomely. With your stuff gone and rage in your veins to head to the bar looking for anyone else who may want to help.

Game TypeThis game type is called swords and wizardry, it is based around the original D&D rules. For this game you will need the swords and wizardry handbook. I would also like to inform you that this game does not have feats/traits/flaws or any of the like. Although I have changed one thing, races are not classes. There for the abilities that elves get like natural spell casting are eliminated. All races are like the ones from 3.5 same with classes. Two different things and are treated as such. Here is a link to the rules for those of you who don't have it. http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...www.google.com

Character Template I would like you to add this to your game request

Character Name:
Race:
Class:
Background:
RP:
Appearance:
Also please note that I would like to see creativity in your RP like something you would do in combat. You are not limited, if you like you can throw dirt in an opponents eye and ect.

Races
Races: These are the listed races for this game
Half Ogre: You are a giant, and an outcast. Most people shun
you because of your heritage, but all fear you
because of your size and ferociousness. You get
along well with adventurers as they can see the
benefit of having a person of your stature. You
fight, and fight well.

Amazon: Amazons are from militant female-dominated cultures that extol virtues of physical and mental
fitness. Amazons may be members of any class as other humans can but their culture has allowed
some to learn the techniques to become split class fighter/magic-users.

Halfling: In the rules
Elf: in the rules
Human: in the rules
Dwarf: in the rules
Pigmie: I will post one but the general over view is :Pygmies are diminutive humans that tend to grow up in remote wilderness regions. As such,
Pygmies easily take note of tracks, can determine local fauna by the natural signs they leave
behind and the calls they make in addition to spotting pits and snares set in the wilds. There
is no established die roll or rule for using these abilities; exactly what the Pygmy does or
does not perceive is up to the Referee

Cyclops: The Cyclops are a race of one eyed humanoids that stand about a head taller then most men.
Cyclops often grow up in underground cities. As such, Cyclops easily take note of certain
features of stonework: sloping corridors, traps made of stone (in particular: falling blocks, rigged
ceilings, and tiny arrow slits designed to release poison gas or darts), and moving walls. There is
no established die roll or rule for using these abilities; exactly what a Cyclops does or does not
perceive is up to the Referee.

Classes

These are classes that I allow, you may request a class but I will have to modify severely as this game only goes to level 10
The classes are as follow

Fighter: Duh..
Magic User: Sorcerer/Wizard but follows wizard magic use.
Thief:

Mime: Unique Class Copies Abilities

Cleric: Duh...
BeastMaster: A class that specialize in the wild side, it has an innate control over animals and a magnetism to them and vice versa. I will be modifying it a tad to make a little stronger.

Mystic: This class focuses on drawing power from the cosmos using mantra's instead of spells. It is also skilled in unarmed combat.

Ranger: A ranger for S&W

Paladin: A paladin for S&W

Assassin: an Assassin for S&W

Druid: A Druid for S&W

Illusionist: Magic-User sub type user. Specializes in illusions

Bard: A bard for S&W

Last edited by TrintsSalvoris; 09-06-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:05 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
Spike Elfslayer Spike Elfslayer
Hello. A friend who belongs to this forum (Razberry Ranid) called this game to my attention and from what I read in your add it sounds like you run "my kind" of old-school D&D.

I confess however I'm a complete noobie here and please forgive me if I goof on response etiquette. I would like to join, and have a concept for a half-ogre fighter OR perhaps an Amazon thief.

Do I post both entries here?

Also I'm not sure exactly what the "RP" entry in the character bio is calling for. Do you want an example of how I would roleplay a particular situation? Or is this some other sort of abbreviation for some other character trait?

I have played S&W White Box in the past and LOVE the system. Thank you for supporting the game.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:11 PM
25-Star General

Tools
User Statistics
TrintsSalvoris
You may post both but you will have to pick one in the end!

Yes you will have to show me your role playing skills, I love this system as well. Not as much rules hubub but more creativity.

Thank you for posting interest I was afraid it would die.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:15 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Razberry Ranid
Character Name: Zizle Glumstick
Race: Human
Class: Magic-user
Background: I am the great wizard Zizle Glumstick know far and wide in the not so distant future. I hail from a village nearby and come to seek fame and fortune for longer than the span of a quarter hour.
So villains, monsters, and any who stand in the way of my goal take heed. I have came, I have seen, and I have conquered that small mouse in the barn where I once lived. How was I to know it was brothers pet.

Zizle Grumstick's parents were normal, average. They had no calling to be adventures. No magical abilities like Zizle had. Magic came naturally to Zizle. He could manipulate the flame on a candle at the age of fifteen. He was performing this trick to impress a girl. She just so happened to be the daughter of the village wizard. He came home one evening to find Zizle and his daughter together. He just happened to be performing this trick for her.

Glista was very impressed with his trick even though she had seen much more impressive magic by her own father. She too liked Zizle as much as he liked her.

Glista's father at first was enraged and was going to cast a curse upon this boy, but he decided to wait and watch. When the flame jumped higher as the boy concentrated upon the flame, the old wizard knew what this meant. He had finally found someone whom he could teach his magic to. His daughter took after her mother and had no magical talents even though he tried to teach her. She just didn't have that knack. So rather than curse the boy he decided to offer him an apprenticeship and keep him so busy he wouldn't have time for his daughter.

Arrangements were made with Zizle's and Mother. They ran the local eatery in the village that travelers and the local folk came to eat. The place was called “The Rabbits Foot” Zizle's father, Dryton Grumstick, special dish was roasted rabbit stew. He always had some rabbit feet to sell to his customers that wanted them. His mother was The Rabbit's Foot service wench. She served the customers. Her name was Tisla Grumstick.

It was agreed that Zizle Grumstick would become the apprentice of Phentox Predicor. He spent several years learning the basics of magic. His parents supplying the needed funds for his training. He did however have to work at the eatery on the weekends to help pay for his education. This saved his parents several gold pieces in the fact they didn't have to hire help during those times.

When Zizle first learned the magic missile spell is when he decided to practice on the mouse he saw scurrying across the floorboard in the barn. He honestly didn't know it was adopted as a pet by his younger bother.

With this last lesson, Phentox Predicor sent his young apprentice on a mission to the village he now finds himself in. He was allowed to say goodby to Glista before he left.

RP: Zizle takes out his long oaken wand of magic missiles to point it in the direction of that rat backed against the corner baring his fangs in protest. The rat raises upon his hind leg preparing for a fight only to be struck by a sliver of bright light. The hair on the rat singed and burned. The pungent acrid smell fills the nostrils of those in the room. That rat let out one last sequel before it curled into a ball and died.

Zizle smiled gleefully at the demise of his opponent. That rat stole his last bit of cheese. Especially cheese belonging to the Great and powerful Zizle Glumstick.

Zizle walked over to the rat and kicked it away to revel a hole in the wall. The rat must have been protecting something but what wondered the wizard. Could it have been the food he had stolen, or perhaps something shiny like a gem. Rats have been know to steal shiny things when the find them.

Zizle bent down to take a closer look in the hole, but everything inside was dark. He couldn't make out if anything was with the hole. The wizard thought for a moment and decided that it would be unwise to place his hand with a hole that he couldn't see. After taking out a bit of sulfur for the component of his spell. He cast it withing the hole saying “Light”. A glow faint glow came from the whole and gradually becoming brighter.

Once the spell reached full brightness, Zizle peered into the hole once again. He saw something that glistened with his arms reach just inside. It could have been a coin, a gem, or just perhaps a bit of metal he was not absolutely positive in what he had seen. Carefully he took out his wand, he was going to see if he could snag whatever it was with out fully putting his arm within the hole.

The wizards wand reached its intended target with only his arm up to his elbow inside the hole. His arm fit snugly into the hole so Zizzle could not see inside the hole anymore. He suddenly heard some felt something crawl along his hand and then a crunching noise. He felt pain like he had never felt before. Sharp razors sunk into his flesh.

He jerked his hand back but it stopped with a thud against the wall. The razors cut deeply and then loosened as something rolled down and away from his hand. Zizle was bit, he had to be bit it hurt. There was a throbbing pain in his hand but he was able to withdraw it and examine his hand. There were two puncture wounds in... “oh no,” he said to himself above a whisper, “my wand, I have let go of my wand.” Sure enough Zizle Grumstick had left his wand inside the hole where he dropped it when whatever bit him, bit him.

Zizle roared in pain, not so much from the wound on his hand but more from the lost of a treasured possession. How could he have been so careless. He took out a piece of cloth to cover his hand and wipe away the blood that was oozing out of his wound so he could get a better look at what might have bit him. Perhaps he could determine the attacker if he could identify the bite. He held the cloth tightly as it soaked up the blood. “I need that wand.” he said as a matter of fact. I am nothing with out that wand. Yes the wizard's confidence was shaken.

He examined the bite marks and decided that it must have been some kind of animal.

What was in that hole? Will Zizle get his wand back? Will the bite kill this poor Wizard?
Tune in next week, Same bat time, same bat channel.

Appearance: Zizle Glumstick stands about 5 foot 8, weights 135 lbs. He likes to wear the fanciest robes his money can buy. He bought a dark green silk robe to match his eyes. The freckles upon his nose numbered twenty, he had counted them all. He was cursed with curly auburn hair like his mother. His hat was not the usual fair for a wizards he preferred to wear a leather skull cap which looked sort of silly with his red locks coming out from underneath. He never did figure out that skull caps where for those not blessed with a full head of hair.

His sandals were made of soft rabbit leather with a bamboo soul. His face had no facial hair, he himself wasn't sure if it was because he was to young or that he would not be able to grow one. This upset him and he becomes agitated if someone teases him about it. He will most likely not, but he wishes to cast a magic missile at someone who makes fun of him not being able to grow facial hair. Fortunately for him the last person who teased him didn't die when he failed to restrain himself.

Last edited by Razberry Ranid; 09-02-2011 at 01:42 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:19 AM
25-Star General

Tools
User Statistics
TrintsSalvoris
Ha, that's really funny... I was wondering if you could perhaps elaborate more on him background wise though. Like maybe his parents siblings where he came from and how got into magic and what not. I love your RP very nice.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:24 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Razberry Ranid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrintsSalvoris View Post
Ha, that's really funny... I was wondering if you could perhaps elaborate more on him background wise though. Like maybe his parents siblings where he came from and how got into magic and what not. I love your RP very nice.
Sure I will finished the background and updated my character. Needless to say Zizle's bother is not so keen on him right now.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:09 AM
25-Star General

Tools
User Statistics
TrintsSalvoris
All information on races and classes have been updated. You can now look at the custom ones and have a better idea of what they do before you decide. I realize the tables may be confusing but you can ask me any questions.

Last edited by TrintsSalvoris; 09-01-2011 at 02:25 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:22 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Razberry Ranid
Hey Spike, You should be a half ogre mime. LOL
Old 09-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Anonymous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 139
Cortez Cortez
Old Skool! Interest colourfully peaked app coming soon(ish)
Old 09-02-2011, 12:25 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Character Name: Smerek of the Great White North

Race: Half Ogre

Class: Fighter

Background: Smerek is not your average half-ogre. Well, on the outside he is, but ogres are sometimes complex. They have layers, rather like a french pastry, but harder to get to the creamy bits in the middle. He was born and raised in ogre society, but quickly learned that he was not cut out for the traditional ways. It all started when he was a wee lad and his clan sacked a small human logging village near his ancestral mountains. Prisoners were taken, but among those prisoners were a small band of stage performers who had journeyed there to entertain the lumberjacks. Fearing for their lives, they tried to appeal to the tribal chief with song, dance, some low comedy and even a few rude limmericks. They were tolerated for several months, but in the end, they were all eaten, but not without making an impression on young Smerek. He decided from then on that his purpose in life would be to entertain and make people smile. He concluded that his own people had no appreciation for the performing arts and so he left to make his way in the human lands. Sadly for Smerek, he had much to learn about the sorts of entertainment that non-ogre-blooded folk enjoy. This, however, did not stop him from trying. He's really a rising star. Being a fighter is just his day-job. As for his family, had he stuck around his homeland long enough to learn for himself, he may have discovered the real nitty-gritty behind the ogre-human union that made him what he is. Ogres often tried to raise half-human children in the hopes of producing a more intelligent demi-ogre or at least a more physically attractive (by ogre standards) human. Smerek's mother did not survive childbirth, and beyond that, Smerek knew nothing about her. He had no brothers or sisters, and his new fascination with theatre and dance did not win him any love from his father. When he came of age to leave home, in a final attempt to make dear old dad happy he lied. He told his father he was off to burn down an elven village and perhaps take a wife or two while there. In fact, he had learned the name of the city from which that theatrical company had originated and planned to return there. After much searching and many awkward questions and answers, he was able to locate one old stage hand who had also worked with his "old friends" back before their untimely demise. Smerek was able to convince the man, who called himself Sam, that he only wanted to preserve the legacy of the deceased performers and wished to learn all that he could and become a master thespian. Sam agreed to help him, and even let him stay at his place until he got on his own two feet, but suggested to him that his peculiar stature might result in him being cast only in certain kinds of roles. Sam encouraged Smerek to audition with a local band of dungeon-actors who were desperately in need of somebody to play the half-ogre fighter. It seemed that this was the work of the hands of Fate.

RP: Smerek surveyed the carnage around him. He and his companions had slain several dozen goblins already that day, and now all that stood between Smerek and the after-party was one haughty goblin mage who was bound and determined to upstage him with her pretentious spellcasting. He clears his throat. "If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you pinch us, do we not laugh, if you poison us, do we not puke, and if I kill you, will you shut up?" Charging forward, he spills over her seething cauldron of spell components and utterly breaks her concentration. Being at a disadvantage, she tries to convince him that he wold be better off fighting against the humans. "I don't believe you.", he says. "Those lines are so bad I bet you don't even believe you. Now..try again. This time with feeling." He awaits her response, but the party's rogue puts two arrows in her throat before she can speak. She falls over backward, not even having the chance to clutch her throat and gurgle her last breath before life leaves her body. "Gods, that looked so fake", he says as he steps forward and lops off her head. "No wonders she's playing a low-rent room like this." He then sheathes his sword, collects his tatty cape and with a flourish exits stage-left.

Appearance:Smerek is typically tall and muscly for an ogre-blooded human, but he has rather nimble limbs and digits. Perhaps it's from all the time spent practicing dancing..or maybe his human mother was a famous dancer. He dresses quite flashy, and has even been known to don a cape. He also is fond of wigs, and if he cannot find a proper one, he he "improvises". He is also (in case you didn't notice) slightly delusional.

Last edited by Spike Elfslayer; 09-02-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:35 AM
25-Star General

Tools
User Statistics
TrintsSalvoris
Interesting, what drew him to the advertisement? What did his parents say about him leaving? Does he have any friends? Where does he live? Who taught him to perform?

This are just some things I would like to see in your background, so far it's very good and just as a note when you show your character speaking put it in bold text not only does it look fancy, but it also shows us the difference. As such when showing your character thinking use italics.

On another note, make sure you tell all your friends about how awesome this game will be...(needs atleast 4 players to be done right) Also you guys are boring, you picked like the two most basic classes XD!

Last edited by TrintsSalvoris; 09-02-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:06 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Edited, and thanks for the tip about the bold and italics.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Razberry Ranid
I advertised on the Swords and Wizardry forums to let people know there is a game starting here. I had planned to start up a S&G myself soon.
I like this PbP forums in the fact that you have dice rolls on the board.

You can find the advert here under Campaign Journals and Play by Post.

Anyone new to this boards ought to read the site rules and help to get a general idea on how to fully utilize the forums options when posting.
New people can send private message until they have accumulated a 5 post count. You can post your 5 post in this thread, but only 5. Click Here!

Keep the dice rolling
Dice Roll:
1d20 7

Last edited by Razberry Ranid; 09-02-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:56 PM
25-Star General

Tools
User Statistics
TrintsSalvoris
Thank you razberry, I hope to see plenty of people come. The goblin king will be pleased with all his tasty appetizers.

Also what are your thoughts on beast master and archer, I think they both need to be changed. Beast Master seems a little lacking while archer seems a little OP. Still working on the kinks just thought it would be nice to have a range type, more versatility.

Last edited by TrintsSalvoris; 09-02-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Razberry Ranid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrintsSalvoris View Post
Thank you razberry, I hope to see plenty of people come. The goblin king will be pleased with all his tasty appetizers.

Also what are your thoughts on beast master and archer, I think they both need to be changed. Beast Master seems a little lacking while archer seems a little OP. Still working on the kinks just thought it would be nice to have a range type, more versatility.
To the first part your welcome.

The beast master looks interesting. The idea of turning animals like a cleric is what caught my attention.

The archer on the other hand doesn't appear to be in a Swords&Wizardry Whitebox format. There are no Fort/Ref/Will saves in S&W and their are references to DC checks which are not used in S&W. There is not experience progression table. And the starting HD is 1d8 for hit points. Swords and Wizardry Whitebox only uses d6's.

Not sure where you got that class from but it doesn't seem compatible with Swords and Wizardry Whitebox rules.

For some classes that do work try this website. The S8W Companion. there are also a few resources here.

Last edited by Razberry Ranid; 09-02-2011 at 06:23 PM.