Old 02-21-2012, 07:23 AM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3165
WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT
Announcements from the Head GM

This thread will be used to make game wide announcements. It is highly suggested all players and GMs subscribe to this thread to keep current on all official announcements.

Generally speaking, most rules amendments will have a 2 week grace period before they are officially implemented, though any adjustments from players and GMs should be made as soon as practical and possible.

New members should only start reading from the point of new posts as the current rules will always reflect all changes in the announcements thread as they are updated before the announcement is made.

Last edited by WoLT; 10-15-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:00 PM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Hello all, you are all doing fantastic with your sign offs and completions, I am thoroughly impressed with the pace of the group.

To get to the next stage I need some system expert volunteers to work as auditors.

Please head here http://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=119587 if you feel you are qualified. Not going to lie, this is not one of the easy jobs. Work here tends to come in waves as each new batch of pcs arrives. I would like at least two vollunteers please.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Player's Manual Rules Adjustment:

Quote:
Purchasing Items:

Please be sure to list cost, weight and location on your sheet to assist with character auditing.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:55 PM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Goal Met!
We've got an amazingly motivated and large team and assuming Pahn comes through we have met our first goal of 12 GMs which is awesome!

That being said, I'm planning on closing the Beta recruiting up in about 48 hours but will allow some to arrive late and still get the bonus provided they hurry in not too long after.

Everyone is doing great with their pacing and I'm really impressed with how well you guys are doing.

Busy Work
On a side note, if anyone needs/wants busy work, Start coming up with your level 2 and three adventure ideas, or alternately, come up with some stock adventures that anyone can just pull to use. These are really handy for when you're low on inspiration but have the time to run a game and a bunch of players that want to run.

Another option is to take any adventure you run here, refine it after running it once and then publish it for stock adventures for the EE as a resource to all GMs.

Alternately, if that's not your bag, consider starting filling up the library with ideas if you have them... links, maps, HLS, other resources... all that stuff. We'll start organizing it as content rolls in there.

Pub NPC workshop
I'm also going to be doing a workshop for the Pub in which we discuss the history of our Pub NPCs and any connections they might have before the game starts. It seems likely the pub NPCs will have been there for a while mostly will have met each other or at least know of each other, so building some dynamics there will help make the transition to the soft opening of the pub less jerky and increase the buffer of willful suspension of disbelief, but I'll need to see more Pub NPCs before we can start running that.

This isn't mandatory, but do make sure to participate if you plan on regularly participating in the pub.

We'll also be naming our pub monitors during this workshop. UB has already volunteered as one and we need a second one (possibly 3rd if we have interested parties) that's going to alternate his schedule, that way if players explode in there it won't be 18 hours before someone notices.

Last edited by WoLT; 04-15-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:53 AM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Just a quick announcement:

Today is my 31st birthday and I have a jam packed day and will be pretty busy with the old lady. I'll check in for sure from my phone when I get a minute, but for the next 18 hours or so from this post I won't be available for much questioning.

In the mean time, help each other, participate in discussions and create content.

If anyone isn't signed off yet, or doesn't have their GMPC set up, please do that first.

Further, with as fast as the project is growing and we're still getting apps and new members coming in, I would like very much to outsource the beta test to a thoroughly prepared module from one of the GMs to include a map, stats, and other details, and very importantly, from someone that is more experienced in PF than myself so that I can better learn by watching. Currently the administrative stuff is really thumping and I've got so many PMs and apps and threads and such I think someone else will be able to give the beta the appropriate level of attention it deserves without sacrificing crucial communications.

To be honest I didn't expect we'd have some many wonderful and incredibly members with such excellent skills, and I'm thoroughly impressed with everyone's efforts.

Please submit such an adventure to Room 0 and I'll pick one from the applicants. It's important to note that the Beta GM will have lots of eyes on their game all of which are GMs, which is a bit of pressure and that's something you need to be prepared for if you step up to do this. Not that there is any shame in making mistakes, but that when there is, there's sure to be someone to pick up on it, and in a very public fashion so we can all learn from the instance.

Please note this Beta test will be several phases and GMPCs and GMs that aren't in the adventure won't be sitting around doing nothing, we'll be prepping tons of other stuff and then starting the slow leak of the soft open incrementally.

Also I would like a volunteer for a battle master... and since we've had some questions about what the positions consist of for staff...

POSITIONS:

Editor in Chief: This position requires someone with a keen eye for typos and excellent writing capabilities. This position will be especially important in redrafting current descriptions of static locations, NPCs and the Tour to be particularly engaging. A writing sample is required for this position.

Character Audit Official: This position will require precise knowledge of Pathfinder and Eterntiyt's End House Rules and Character Creation Rules and will be responsible for auditing new PC sheets as they come in. Applicants in this area should enjoy statistics, charts and analysis.

Arena Battle Master: This position runs the PVP arena and will require being able to run several simultaneous combats. The applicants must be well versed in combat and tactics and map creation skills are a boon even though several maps are provided. Applicants here should enjoy running combat scenarios.

Official Help Board Monitor: This position requires intimate knowledge of Eternity's End as a whole, primarily in answering questions that will be asked repeatedly, such as What are the character generation rules? and then appropriately linking the answer. Applicants here should be interested in helping new people acclimate to the game.

Official Specialty Rooms Monitor: This position manages/monitors various specialty rooms such as Morkwert's. Applicants here should enjoy ensuring game balance by ensuring the game is played fairly according to the agreed upon rules for each area.

Pub Monitors: This position is designed to follow the IC pub area and ensure things don't get out of hand. Applicants here should enjoy socially engaging in-character in the pub atmosphere with lots of characters.

Altar & Obelisk Monitor: This position requires verification of rules and reward hand out outs. Applicants here should enjoy giving rewards and ensuring the rewards given are duly earned.

Last edited by WoLT; 04-16-2012 at 05:03 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:34 AM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Also just two more things...

1) There are several policy discussions going on right now in case you aren't aware. If you can, jump in with your thoughts and help shape future policy.

2) I need to know where the writers are at... Yes, we are all writers, and probably pretty good writers, but I need the exceptional writers to stand up for a couple of things...

1) Tour and Room Description Rewrites
This will consist of taking the current IC content and making it more read-able. It needs to flow a little better. I know I'm a decent writer but first a lot of this was rushed, and second I'm sure someone here can do a better job than I could. While content won't be changed or replaced, it might be refined. The key is to get it all into a good story teller mode where reading it is exciting. Tone will have a lot to do and any writers will have to work closely with me on this.

2) I have an idea for a Bookshelf in the library... This will be like the story teller, except it won't be about a character, it will be books and notes and other supplemental IC fiction, sometimes about the Inn, or maybe it's inhabitants or the Outer Deities, or something, but it will be featured reading content that will operate in a similar manner to a book you might find while playing skyrim, it's unnecessary, but somewhat insightful to cannon and helps bring the world to life.

Because this will be cannon it will have to be top of the line writing, just like the tour and room descriptions. If someone has some inclination and drive to do this, as well as the skill and talent please PM me a 500 word sample and list it as EE writing sample app.

While it would be great to have multiple writers, each article will have only one author.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Please note:

Absolutely no one has finished their GMPC application.

Auditors and Players please see steps 11-13 of the character application process here: http://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=119624

An example is being worked on immediately.

I still need a volunteer for arena battlemaster. It's a very simple job, mostly you just monitor and help the players with the rules. It's easy to run 10 scenarios of these at once even, provided not all of them have a million questions. For the most part Arena threads are self running save for set up and special events run by the chief battlemaster.

Last edited by WoLT; 04-18-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Races of the Dragon Empires are added to T2 with exception to monster races. All are given common as a bonus language.

The Artificer is now a banned class.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Just a quick point, in order to get this Pub NPC workshop going, we need everyone to submit their Pub NPC. Even if you don't plan to partake in the pub regularly, we still need one from you.

Please see here: http://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=119907

Also,

For the Beta, Insacrum, Krazy and UB will be running three simultaneous scenarios! Each is a very unique and different adventure, so we're going to need those GMPC's soon too, but the Pub NPCs are priority and also a short and quick job that shouldn't take long to get out of the way.

Last edited by WoLT; 04-18-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:22 AM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Rules Adjust:

Unless stated otherwise as part of application your first class is your favored class. (Player's Manual, Character Creation).

All Players start with 99 xp, 1 Hero Point and are effectively level 1 (Player's Manual, Character Creation).

The Character Application Process in the front Lobby has changed drastically starting at step 11 to prevent cheating, please review these rules again (especially auditors).
Old 04-20-2012, 03:27 AM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Additional Rules Changes:

Character Creation
Traits: Players are allowed to choose 0-3 traits upon their whim. It is suggested they choose 3 that will help to increase the uniqueness of their character. Traits may be selected from the Traits Database.

Traits named " 'X' of the society" unlike other PFS source are allowed but have been renamed " 'X' of Eternity". For Example:

Blade of the society becomes "Blade of Eternity" and functions mechanically identically with the same class restriction but substitutes being a member of PFS for being a member of EE.

House Rules: Dice Rolling
Rolling Dice

Policy Discussion
Old 04-23-2012, 12:07 AM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Rules Updates:

(Player's Manual)

Purchasing Firearms

Purchasing Ammunition

Posting Format

Purchasing Spells

Old 04-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Dear Beta Testers,

If you are a CS on DnDOG and have not yet used your wish in the wish thread and don't have an idea for one, please consider posting the following in support of critical increased functionality of Eternity's End as this will really help the auditors and all game masters at EE.

Quote:
Currently GMs can edit a character sheet if they are the holder of the campaign ID.

Please add a way to manually add Co-GMs to a Campaign ID, specifically in this case so that they have character sheet edit options for all sheets in the game.

This is an essential function Eternity's End needs in order to run this game which will prove to be a site asset once it begins operation.

There are alternatives to this, however they are all sub standard and pretty much unacceptable work arounds as they will crash the game over time. All of this has been discussed into circles in Sedracus' Realm.

Also, is there a way to tie the Campaign ID to the game board other than just posting a link, IE, making them linked in functionality?

This might allow that each GM added to the Game be able to appear as a Co-GM in the Campaign ID.

Overall this level of integration is pretty much essentially just making someone a sub moderator to a board and tying the game sheets to that board, and again, this will be useful to other games as well, but less absolutely mandatory as it is for Eternity's End.
The wish thread specifically endorses the idea that multiple endorsements for a wish will increase it's priority, and the sooner we see this happen, the sooner managing the game will become 1000x easier for everyone here.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
First Official Vote is up: http://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=121586
Old 04-24-2012, 03:02 PM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Auditor Updates:

All completed applications are now moved to the general thread archive rather than the mausoleum which will now be used for inactive character private threads only. This is now reflected in Step 12 of the front lobby.

Please be sure to mark mark all private threads with private prefix and make the thread private to the player. All GMs will have access to read and post in these threads.

In the interest of keeping the boards clean, please do not leave redirects whether perm or temp. Once an app is done there is little use for keeping it save for good records keeping.

Last edited by WoLT; 04-24-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Closed Thread