RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-21-2012, 11:53 AM
WoLT's Avatar
WoLT WoLT is offline
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-12-2019
RPXP: 3165
WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT
Posts: 9,834
The Taproom

The Taproom






“Frame thy mind to mirth and merriment, which bars a thousand harms, and lengthens life”

Thematic Music


Please note: It is NOT mandatory to read this whole thread to walk in and participate at the pub, though it is recommend you read at least the last couple posts so you can have an idea of what you're walking into concerning the current state of affairs of the Taproom.

The best strategy in the pub is to be proactive in chatting with others as the NPCs have their own stuff going on, as do the other PCs. If you want to chatter with them, do go up and do so. Waiting for something to happen is a poor strategy as plot developments rarely if ever occur in the taproom. Instead the intended design is to be a common area for general RP.

 

 

 

 
__________________
Quick Start Advice | PBP GM Academy | New Member Guide | Player Guide | GM Guide
Become CS! | WoLT Game Wiki | AKK
Pathfinder Player/GM? Join the team at Eternity's End

Last edited by WoLT; 05-09-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-21-2012, 11:53 AM
WoLT's Avatar
WoLT WoLT is offline
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-12-2019
RPXP: 3165
WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT
Posts: 9,834
Eternity's End in a rare moment was quiet. There wasn't much activity as apparently all of the foot traffic had gone off to other worlds.

It was unusual, but Kiyla took delight and sat down for once, removing her shoes and rubbing her feet while Thugruck polished some glasses as he had a tendency of doing on the rare occasion when business actually slowed down.

It didn't take long before Da' Vhir came along to make a crude comment about the size of Kiyla's butt from always sitting on it before she was back to work straightening the buffet and busing the plates from the empty tables, rolling her eyes.

A ghostly character wandered through into the pub, a non-corporeal illithid who's skin was dry and cracked from the looks of it. It was quiet and he seemed to enjoy that notion, finding a spot at a side table to rest his non-existent bones.



Nd' D'hat
__________________
Quick Start Advice | PBP GM Academy | New Member Guide | Player Guide | GM Guide
Become CS! | WoLT Game Wiki | AKK
Pathfinder Player/GM? Join the team at Eternity's End

Last edited by WoLT; 03-08-2012 at 03:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Aldra's Avatar
Aldra Aldra is offline
Master of the Final Words
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-31-2014
RPXP: 882
Aldra Aldra Aldra Aldra Aldra Aldra Aldra
Posts: 2,704
Galvin Fleetfoot

This stern looking elf is always hovering a few inches off the ground, as if the thought of walking seems silly to him. He appears to be a mage of some sort, but your adventurer instincts make you feel that there's more to this man than meets the eye...

"Don't ever get complacent, you'll never know when you'll find someone who can outmaneuver you"


Galvin floats in shortly after Nd'dhat sits, looking a little tired and worn out. The elf maneuvers over to a table near to the bar, takes a chair, and actually sits down instead of using it as a backrest as he hovers at the table as he normally does. "Heck of a run," he announces to nobody in particular as he leans back and sighs. He stays like this for a few moments before raising his hand and calling out, "Thugruck, something with a bit of a kick, eh? Need somethin' to get back off my feet."

Da' Vhir brings Galvin his drink soon after, which the elf takes a sip of. The drink had the requested kick, and the elf winces a bit at the potency before shaking it off and downing half the mug in one go. The elf sighs with contentment and relief as the drink invigorates him and shakes his head quickly to clear the cobwebs that had come with the fatigue. "You've out done yourself again," Galvin announces as he raises a half-inch off the chair, "That was just what I needed Thugruck, thanks." The elf then returns to his drink, albeit a bit slower than before.
__________________
For such is the nature of men, that howsoever they may acknowledge many others to be more witty, or more eloquent, or more learned;
Yet they will hardly believe there be many so wise as themselves: For they see their own wit at hand, and other men's at a distance. -Thomas Hobbes
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-21-2019
RPXP: 8928
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 11,961

The Watchmaker

A man sits a table all to himself, in what would be considered the best lit location in the Tavern. He would be considered alone to most people, except himself. The table he is at is mounded and strewn with cogs, gears, springs and a myriad array of other clockwork parts. His hands move meticulously over a small item in front of him, which sits on a leather work area, surround by a small array of tools. He has a small cup that he drinks from which you notice is occasionally refilled by the staff.

"If only I could find one more piece. Then I might just get this stupid contraption to work!"


The man currently sitting alone looks up slightly when he sees the elf float by. He didn't understand the need to be in such a rush all the time. From the look of him, you would think that the Watchmaker would be rushing to do things, given his limited number of years ahead of him. But alas, no. The Watchmaker simply patiently continued with his activities, turning a screw inside of what looked to be an interesting timepiece.

Last edited by Insacrum; 05-04-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-04-2012, 12:25 PM
MalchiorTheForgotten's Avatar
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten is offline
Servant of the Tower
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-02-2019
RPXP: 1511
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten
Posts: 3,975

KABEL

Leaning against the wall nearby is Kabel, the mute who gets his name from his weapon. Good thing he communicates telepathically, or you'd never get to know what he has to say.

"......."




The man in black armor with his various weapons and odd cable strode in from the hallways. He observed Gavin and walked by with a nod, heading for the Watchmaker. Reaching into his pocket and withdrawing a small, metallic object, he placed it on the man's table. "I hope this helps." Kabel told him mentally, the only way he actually could communicate with people, unless, of course, they new the Sign Language of his plane.
Having delivered his gift, Kabel turned to the spectral illitihid. "I don't believe that we've met before. The name's Kabel."
__________________
"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence."
-Vyvyan
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-21-2019
RPXP: 8928
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 11,961

The Watchmaker

The Watchmaker is startled out of his focus by the delivery of an item onto his table. He looks at the deliverer, feeling the man's words materialize into this own head. He picks up the object in question, looking it over, turning it in his hands. Studying it for a while, determining it's best use. "Thank you so much! I think I know just where this will go."

With the man now walking away, the Watchmaker puts the item down, essentially making it into a new pile all on its own, separated from the other piles of gears, cogs, screws, springs, and other internal watch organs. Once done, the watchmaker continues working with the screw that previously held his focus.

Last edited by Insacrum; 05-04-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-04-2012, 01:17 PM
WoLT's Avatar
WoLT WoLT is offline
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-12-2019
RPXP: 3165
WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT
Posts: 9,834

Nd'dhat
The Alhoon narrowed his eyes in judgement, it was clear from the get go he wasn't an entirely friendly sort, but when Kabel didn't back down or retort with offense he let out an inaudible breath, seemingly a bit dramatic being that he didn't have need for breathing...

That's because you're new and young... Anyone who has been here long enough knows the name of Nd'dhat, and now you do too.


he paused a moment to judge the reaction of the young man.

__________________
Quick Start Advice | PBP GM Academy | New Member Guide | Player Guide | GM Guide
Become CS! | WoLT Game Wiki | AKK
Pathfinder Player/GM? Join the team at Eternity's End
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-04-2012, 02:16 PM
MalchiorTheForgotten's Avatar
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten is offline
Servant of the Tower
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-02-2019
RPXP: 1511
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten
Posts: 3,975

KABEL

Leaning against the wall nearby is Kabel, the mute who gets his name from his weapon. Good thing he communicates telepathically, or you'd never get to know what he has to say.

"......."




"So it would appear that I do. My apologies. Can I ask what brings you here? You seem to me a denizen native to the Astral Plane. Why stay here. I know we all have our reasons, but I feel yours will surprise me."
__________________
"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence."
-Vyvyan
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-04-2012, 02:27 PM
WoLT's Avatar
WoLT WoLT is offline
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-12-2019
RPXP: 3165
WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT
Posts: 9,834

Nd'dhat


Bah! The astral plane... preposterous! he scoffed.

The astral plane is infested with Gith and other species that don't know enough to bathe... I hail from Astromundi, but stay in this place because it is timeless... as you might imagine, it helps preserve what is left of me... for I am very old, yet at the same time, still haven't been born...further, I can't exactly walk among my people... they fear undeath because they do not understand it.

Also, in regards to the inn, the brain patte isn't bad... I can't enjoy it anymore but the perception of it brings pleasant memories of when I could.




__________________
Quick Start Advice | PBP GM Academy | New Member Guide | Player Guide | GM Guide
Become CS! | WoLT Game Wiki | AKK
Pathfinder Player/GM? Join the team at Eternity's End
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Krazy's Avatar
Krazy Krazy is offline
Kat
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-18-2019
RPXP: 5706
Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy
Posts: 9,980

Lucid Burns

Lucid is a skeletal something that is perpetually engulfed in flames. He carries around a ball-and-chain which he refers to as his wifey. He loves to play games of strength and agility, using his wifey to hit targets in games of competition against others. He loves to gamble, betting people that he can hit or break certain targets better than them at the cost of either a brandy, a scotch, or a whiskey of their choice. He has to, as they say, fuel the fire.

Well, my father was a fire colossus, and my mother was a necromancer. I'd really rather not get into it.



In truth, Lucid has been here all along. What has happened, however, is that whenever he passes out from the drink, the flames of his body subdue themselves considerably. Perhaps if you glanced at him earlier. He still would have appeared to be the burning skeleton that he is, but his flames would not catch your attention in so wildly curious a tavern such as this.

When he comes to, the flames of his body double in size and brightness. Of course, he still retains his seat at the bar somehow without setting it on fire.

"Ah!" he says, standing up. He stands at once--and then stumbles--and then stands again, now easily swinging the ball and chain at his side. "Hey Watch!" Lucid says, stepping over to his table. "How comes The Project?"

Of course, Lucid has never called The Watchmaker "Watch" before; he has, in fact, changed the nickname every time he has spoken to the man. How he has managed to avoid this particular variation for so long is completely unknown.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Quori's Avatar
Quori Quori is offline
Upper for Life
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2017
RPXP: 1249
Quori Quori Quori Quori Quori Quori Quori Quori Quori
Posts: 2,131

Articus Temporalis

Articus does not stand out for his build or his height. He would seem otherwise average with the exception of his glowing eyes and lack of emotion in his face and mannerisms. As you approach he begins to bear a slight smile and you find it hard to anticipate if it is a genuine emotion or programmed response.

Good day. I hope I'm not late... I'd sit down and eat, but I don't think I remember how.
__________________
Nothing to see here...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-04-2012, 08:33 PM
MalchiorTheForgotten's Avatar
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten is offline
Servant of the Tower
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-02-2019
RPXP: 1511
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten
Posts: 3,975

KABEL

Leaning against the wall nearby is Kabel, the mute who gets his name from his weapon. Good thing he communicates telepathically, or you'd never get to know what he has to say.

"......."




"I see. Well, if you need anything, I'm around." Kabel then heads over to see his friend, Lucid. Approaching him and the Watchmaker, Kabel scratches the back of his head. "Hey, Lucid, I see you're awake. I dropped a piece for him off earlier, he enjoyed it for a moment, but you know how he is."
__________________
"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence."
-Vyvyan
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Quori's Avatar
Quori Quori is offline
Upper for Life
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2017
RPXP: 1249
Quori Quori Quori Quori Quori Quori Quori Quori Quori
Posts: 2,131

Articus Temporalis

Articus sits at a table in the corner, not so much seeking to be alone as much as he wants an area to view the customs of others. He's become adept after a few hundred years of observational studies in cataloguing social graces, cultural ticks and common rituals. He orders a glass of water.

Maybe I'll start to practice, one step at a time. With that he lifts up the glass, opens his mouth, and takes a drink.
__________________
Nothing to see here...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-05-2012, 12:07 AM
WoLT's Avatar
WoLT WoLT is offline
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-12-2019
RPXP: 3165
WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT
Posts: 9,834

Nd'dhat

Nd'dhat's eyes narrowed as Kabel made his exit. Pshh! the young were always so wise to themselves... or so they thought... Let him be ignorant of my wisdom, clearly he has no need for the intellect of ages!

Nd'dhat floated, slightly scorned and snubbed over to a table off on the side of the room and began illuminating some advanced geometrical equations with magical force in the air in front of him, attempting to solve some sort of mystic puzzle, moving various runes and symbols with his fingers and facial tentacles.


__________________
Quick Start Advice | PBP GM Academy | New Member Guide | Player Guide | GM Guide
Become CS! | WoLT Game Wiki | AKK
Pathfinder Player/GM? Join the team at Eternity's End
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-05-2012, 05:50 AM
Krazy's Avatar
Krazy Krazy is offline
Kat
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-18-2019
RPXP: 5706
Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy
Posts: 9,980

Lucid Burns

Lucid smiles a warm greeting at Kabel. Well, you think it's a smile. After all it's a bit hard to tell when he doesn't have lips, properly speaking. But you definitely know it's warm, because, after all, it's mostly the way the fire shoots out of his mouth.

Ah... Wait, watch this. Shh. Being as stealthy as a towering inferno of bones can be, Lucid delicately takes one piece of the watch on The Watchmaker's table, then moves it about a foot to the left.

It could be months, nay years, until he notices I did that right there. He laughs. You know it's the small things in life that really make it worth... well, unliving. Lucid is the type to poke fun at his own lack of a life; he is, after all, clearly quite dead.

So Kabel... Lucid says. What do you think would happen... if we attacked the symbols floating above octopus-face over there?

__________________

Last edited by Krazy; 05-05-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB