Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16
Dainn
Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game NameCurse of the Crimson Throne
Game SystemPathfinder
ThemeAdventure, saving the world from itself.
FlavourClassic high fantasy
Plot SummaryUsing the adventure path Curse of the Crimson Throne, as a jumping off point. We will go wherever that flighty temptress Adventure leads us.

Alas! The king has died! In the port city of Korvosa, chaos reigns from the death of the King. Only the bravest of adventurers can hope to save the city from being destroyed by its own dark desires.

Read over the Players Guide before applying: http://paizo.com/products/btpy8bdb?P...-Players-Guide

Application Format and Requirements
Name:
Race: Core Races, all other ask first.
Classes: Core Classes, all other ask first.
Physical Description:

Alignment: Non-Evil
Character History: Just paint a brief background, major events, ect.
RP Sample: Just an example of your Character

Also, in your post, a few words about past experience playing D&D, Pathfinder, Play by post, would be appreciated.

InfoPost Rate: Prefer Once per day. Minimum of 3-4 times per week.
ECL: Level 1
Attributes: Roll for points, 4d6 drop lowest.
Gold: Standard Pathfinder allotments
Sources: Core Rulebook, Advanced Player's Guide, Bestiary (I-II), Players guide for Curse of the Crimson Throne,
others negotiable.
Any offical Paizo books will be allowed, just let me know which ones you will be using.

Looking for 4-6 Players.

This will be a pretty relaxed game. This is my first time being a DM.

As for player selection, I will arbitrarily pick those who I think are best for the group, Aiming for a mixture of new and experienced players.
This does not mean someone with a ton of experience will be turned away. I will consider all
applications.

Applications accepted until March 15

Applications
Player NameCharacter NameRaceClassStatusPage
IrishKattCeol "Fey Song" NeartFaunBardComplete2
Mystic LemurEddieHalflingRogueComplete2
LaydeeDAlika RanioriHumanWizardComplete2
LionheartAidan CaradocHumanGunslingerComplete3
JukkaErasmus JaggetHumanFighterComplete3
TrintsSalvorisThanatos LetusElfMagusIn Progress3
AlluJel PudgeHumanClericComplete3
ryatorGustag KegswillerDwarfCrusaderComplete4
AngeTakoda Spirit WalkerHumanDruidComplete4
godofallbearsJevadiah MournholdHumanSummonerComplete1
DukeofTuringOramosHumanBarbarianWithdrawn5
Evil/Insane_GeniusCaelthir MandrakeHalf-ElfRangerComplete6

Green: Edited.

Last edited by Dainn; 03-16-2012 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Green: Edited.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 941
IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt
Is this adventure going to be straight core Dainn? Or will we be allowed to use Advanced Players Guide, Ultimate Magic, Ultimate combat, and or pretty much anything on the SRD for pathfinder. It is this situation that I'll throw up a fairly normal app as learning to DM is (in my opinion) pretty time consuming and hard on the head.

I'm not new to the site, but I'm fairly new to pathfinder, and haven't played this module before. So I'll be throwing up an app, what for I have no clue, but I'll find something after I read the info on it.

Natural 20's:13
Natural 1's: 2
Old 03-01-2012, 07:15 PM
... <3

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2443
Ange Ange Ange Ange Ange Ange Ange Ange Ange Ange Ange
Would you allow someone who's not new to Pathfinder or PbP or ... well, anything, but is just a huge fangirl for Paizo Adventure Paths? This is actually one of the few APs I haven't personally read through. I'm also a big Pathfinder fanatic, so I would be more than happy to help you out with any GMing-related issues. Or Golarion lore. Or anything like that.

I see the preference to newer players though, and I understand that. ^_^
Old 03-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dainn
IrishKatt,
Just about any offical Paizo books will be fine, just let me know which ones, I'm not familiar with them all.

Ange,
I wont turn down anyone based their not being new to Pathfinder/D&D/PbP. I just want new players to be able to have a chance.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hmmmm After reading a fair portion of the players guide to the CotCT I'be got a few ideas rolling around in my head, one being that of an elf who joined the Sable company. Ranger, going towards the feat Sable Company Marine to get a Hippogriff animal companion at 4th level.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:55 PM
likes to move it move it.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38
Mystic Lemur
Interest.

Looking at a Halfling Rogue who grew up as one of Gaedren's "Little Lamms", but was cast out. Driven by the thought of revenge, but more of a pitiable character than a classic antihero. Typically twists the "Halflings are Jolly little folk" prejudice to his advantage.

Although this would be my first game on DnDOG, I'm hardly 'new'. I'd be happy to step down in place of a true PF newbie.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:50 AM
Welcome to the Space Jam

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 597
godofallbears godofallbears godofallbears godofallbears godofallbears godofallbears
Name: Jevadiah Mournhold
Race: Human
Class: Summoner 1
Deity: None
Alignment: True Neutral

Description: Some people tell me I spend too much time reading. That's not a bad thing, is it?
A human of slightly below average height, Jevadiah has a somewhat short, leighter then average build then most, due to slight malnutrition. His hair is black and long, lazily unkempt. His eyes are a piercing blue, always changing focus from one interesting object to the next. His skin is caucasian, with few blemishes or unsightly marks. He walks with a air of distraction, never quite watching his step. At any given time, he can be seen wearing a bladed scarf of some sort, a defensive measure.

It's clear that living on the streets have taken their toll, however. His robes ares tained with filth and rain, patched at parts with what makeshift materials he can scrounge up, and his shoes are ragged, holed and worn down.

Notabally, he's lacking a glowing mark of any sort on his body, atypical of a summoner. Rumor is that it's unsightly, and that he covers it up out of embarasment.
Reference Picture!:

Personality: How can I help you?
A rather friendly chap, Jevadiah seems to have serious attention problems. At times, in the middle of conversation he will shift into another subject, as if unaware that the last one didn't even end. A stack of books is often found nearby him, with him alternating between books with surprising speed.

However, despite this attention deficit, he is almost universally loved, or at least respected. Wether it be for his surprising knowledge, or for his causal, lazie-faire attitude towards life, Jevadiah has little trouble making friends.

Background: Jevadiah Mournhold, as far as you can tell, is something of a prodigy. A summoner who appeared from a city named Korvosa, he is shrouded in secrecy and rumors. From a young age, he was surpsingly talented. From what you can gather, he served a stint in local crimelord Gaedren Lamm's gang, as one of the titular "little Lamms." Then suddenly, he was out of the gang. Nobody knows why, and nobody's certainly going to ask Lamm why.

That, in and of itself would be enough to fuel rumors. However, what really mystifies people is his rather uncanny Eidolon. Despite claims to the contrary, the typical arcane mark of the summoner is nowhere to be found on either of them. In addition, she seems almost...human, yet her nigh-translucent appearance shows otherwise.

Contrary to the air of secrecy, Jevadiah is actually a very open person, from what little information you can obtain. He was born locally, and was adopted by a man named Jacobs Mournhold. His real parents died in some sort of accident, and pledged the child to the Mournhold man for safe keeping. And then that man died. Attempting to go any further however is met with strict resistance, aside from a utterance of how he is going to "murder Lamm." He spends what free time he can get in libraries, being a extreme bookworm.
Trait: Unhappy Childhood

Eidolon
Name: Maria Wyatt
Race: Outsider?
Class: Eidolon 1
Alignment: Neutral Good

Description: The first thing that one thinks of Maria upon seeing her is "ghost!" Indeed, the eidolon looks like a young human female, only nigh-translucent. Strangely humanoid, her hair is a barely visable white, with her eyes being a surprisingly solid red, the pupils less transparent then the rest of her body. She stands at Jevadiah's side sildently at most times, observing the surrounding enviroment and listening to his rambling.

Like Jevadiah, a mark is notabally absent upon her body.
Reference Picture!:

Background: Not much is known about the mysterious woman ghosting Jevadiah's side. As far as you can tell, she's his Eidolon, but... There's something off about her. If it weren't for the fact that she was borderline translucent, it'd be impossible to distinguish her from any other human female. She remains quiet most of the time, just further adding to the mystery...

What you CAN gather though is that unlike most Eidolons, she seems surprisingly mundane, and lacks the fanciful mutations that mark many of them.

Personality: ...
That is the extent that most people are able to get out of Maria. She openly ignores most attempts at communication, despite her ability to do so. When she does talk, you get the feeling of pride, borderline arrogance staining her words. For a select few, those that some assume she deems "worthy" of her respect, she is surprisingly kind to, showing restraint and ettiquete that few would think possible from the normally rash, vain eidolon.

About me: I've played a game or two, but none of them ever finished. I've had a lot of experience numbercrunching though, and pathfinder is pretty good about logical numbercrunching, so it makes me happy. That aside, I'm pretty much a billy, which means I favor coolness over effectiveness, for thsoe of you who don't play M:TG. I sadly cannot afford the books, but i've browsed the SRD about six trillion times.

RP Sample!

Last edited by godofallbears; 03-07-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:56 AM
Supplier of Fine Cookies

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1387
LaydeeD LaydeeD LaydeeD LaydeeD LaydeeD LaydeeD LaydeeD LaydeeD LaydeeD LaydeeD
While I'll be interested in a Varisian Sorcerer with a background in Frame but I'm not a total newbie. I wouldn't mind being passed over for one as well.

Edit: Make that a wizard kicked out of the academae.

Last edited by LaydeeD; 03-02-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:08 AM
Tainted Silver Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 907
Feirnon Feirnon Feirnon Feirnon Feirnon Feirnon Feirnon Feirnon
Wow, cool. Currently playing this in my RL game. You guys will love it.

@Dainn: Great choice for DMing. Wish you best of luck!

(Technically this is an interest post, but I won't be applying. Strange, no?)
Old 03-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Athanatos!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 859
Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder
Interested, but I'll have to see if my other apps get denied before I apply. I have 2 games going already; I think three will be my limit. I hate to tell you you're my standby right now, but I've never played PF before and am interested in it so I'll fit your profile if I get to enter the running. If it makes you feel any better, yours is the only game so far I've expressed delayed interest in...
Old 03-02-2012, 11:30 AM
... <3

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2443
Ange Ange Ange Ange Ange Ange Ange Ange Ange Ange Ange
Question, will we be selecting one of the traits in the CotCT Player's Guide?

Last edited by Ange; 03-02-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:01 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I think it's mandatory for the characters to have one, as they all have to have some affiliation with the unsavory fellow. I've chosen orphaned, though..... it hasn't really affected him much :P in some senses anyway.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dainn
Mystic Lemur,
Sounds interesting.

godofallbears,
I would have to say probably not. I would prefer to stick to mostly core material. I don't know enough to know how material from that would effect things.

LaydeeD,
You're wizard must have done something pretty bad to get kicked out of the Acadamae. Though what the leaders of the Academae would consider to be bad probably differs greatly from what those on the street do.

Feirnon,
Thank you.

Baxder,
Nothing wrong with having a standby game. You still have plenty of time to decide if you want to apply.

Ange,
Conditionally yes. If you have an idea for a different trait that would work, I'd consider it.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Alright app should be up later on today

Old 03-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools