Old 04-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3165
WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT
Eternity's End

As the Please do not PM me, there are areas for all of your questions, read on!Head GM, let me be the first to welcome you to the largest and most comprehensive PBP campaign setting you will likely encounter on the internet!

Currently we are recruiting player positions based on how many we need in a first come first serve basis. Check the recent posts in the thread to see if we have any slots open at this time. Please check the "last edited note at the base of the post if you would like to see how current the update is.

Positions will be filled on an first come, first serveFCFS basis to be determined by successful completion of character audit.

Due to the extensive duties of the head gm this thread is primarily managed by our recruiting officer: Quarterpound.

Hello!

Please direct all questions to our help board or quick questions and answers thread.

You have been invited to join Eternity's End as a You may also opt to be a GM if you are so inclined.PLAYER.

Please note that if you wish to participate solely as a player your invite IS time sensitive as we will be taking as many players as we can accommodate, but that this is a fixed number dependent upon how many active GMs we have running first level adventures. Players will be served on an FCFS basis.

If you wish to ensure a spot at Eternity's End you will be guaranteed entrance with successful completion of the PBP GM Academy or the GM Entrance Exam if you consider yourself a veteran GM even many veteran GMs prefer to take the apprenticeship as everyone gains something out of the program, but the option to bypass the apprenticeship does indeed existthat will not benefit from the fundamental instruction of being a great GM.

About Eternity's End

Introducing Eternity's End!

Thematic Music

"But it is the province of religion, of philosophy, of pure poetry only, to go beyond life, beyond time, into eternity."
-de Vigny

What is Eternity's End?

Highlights Include:

Joining Eternity's End

Are you ready to get started on your journey at Eternity's End? Head here.

Old avertisement for archival purposes: Do not use!

Last edited by WoLT; 05-07-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 499
Cuross Cuross Cuross Cuross Cuross
This sounds like an incredible project! In fact, recently I've been wondering why something of this undertaking hasn't been introduced just yet, haha. I'd love the option to be able to play in a game or three from the Inn, but will have to come back to read more a little bit later. My real questions are in regards to apprentice GM or Co-GM or the sort. I read so much to know that I don't qualify for GM, but I'd love the option to be able to watch and interact with another GM, learn a few things about PbP GM'ing. Also just the resources available to help me flesh out some campaign ideas make this a real inspiration for me.

Question time:
What kind of involvement can an apprentice GM be expected to take? I'm expecting that they're a little more than a player, just with perks of being able to interact with other GM's on their level?
Old 04-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Upper for Life

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1249
Quori Quori Quori Quori Quori Quori Quori Quori Quori
It sounds very incredible.

Without further reading on commitments and other links, I must slot myself at interest level 5.

My post rate and interest are both high. I only apply to games that stand out to me, and check them several times a day (on average). Though some holidays or weekends I am away from my computer. My job keeps me mostly in front of one.

Though I am not adverse to looking into taking on a role above level 5. I am very loathe to make promises I cannot keep, and accept a responsibility I cannot hold long-term. So I will keep it in mind, but not making that level of commitment.

Last edited by Quori; 04-10-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:54 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5018
ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX
As you well know, I'm definitely interested in this. I'm afraid to commit to 2 posts a day, especially not DM level posts but I do know the pathfinder rules very well and I enjoy looking over character sheets (and helping build characters if anyone needs it), so, assuming a staff position doesn't have to be a DM, I could be a character audit official. I would also like to be an apprentice (Just recently hit 2000 so yay! lol).

P.S. Where is room 0?

Cuross: As I understand it, apprentice GMs will be a bit more work than a normal player, we'll be expected to chip in with ideas, talk about balance concerns if any come up, and in general make use of the GM resources as though we were GMs (and maybe even help out GMs who may not "get" everything (such as XP or EM) as well as we do but who are able to run a game). We just won't have to actually worry about running a game. I could, however, be very wrong, that is just my understanding.

Last edited by ShadowcatX; 04-10-2012 at 01:03 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:14 AM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuross View Post
This sounds like an incredible project! In fact, recently I've been wondering why something of this undertaking hasn't been introduced just yet, haha. I'd love the option to be able to play in a game or three from the Inn, but will have to come back to read more a little bit later. My real questions are in regards to apprentice GM or Co-GM or the sort. I read so much to know that I don't qualify for GM, but I'd love the option to be able to watch and interact with another GM, learn a few things about PbP GM'ing. Also just the resources available to help me flesh out some campaign ideas make this a real inspiration for me.

Question time:
What kind of involvement can an apprentice GM be expected to take? I'm expecting that they're a little more than a player, just with perks of being able to interact with other GM's on their level?
An mmo-pbp-rpg sort of has if you count Pathfinder Society, except that PFS is a very different kind of thing because of several very important differences that exist between it and EE, primarily being that PFS was engineered for and sort of adapted for PBP as an afterthoughtTabletop and EE was engineered specifically for PBP from the get go and specifically deals with PBP issues. There's also the dynamic setting type that makes it very different from standard PFS, among other things.

As far as time commitments, as an apprentice you progress at your own rate, there is no time commitment you must adhere to, except to say that if you don't participate diligently and make it a point to get involved like you would any other game, you're not going to get much out of it. As an apprentice you gain access to the secret GM board (as well as the resources therein) and are given GM status so you can do things like view private text in games and see all of the behind the scenes action that goes into a game. You also have the community within the game to draw on, which serves a lot like the DM screen of the main board, except the GMs here will all be operating under the same exact rules so they'll be able to answer your questions much better than someone on the DM screen who isn't familiar with the rules of EE.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:16 AM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quori View Post
It sounds very incredible.

Without further reading on commitments and other links, I must slot myself at interest level 5.

My post rate and interest are both high. I only apply to games that stand out to me, and check them several times a day (on average). Though some holidays or weekends I am away from my computer. My job keeps me mostly in front of one.

Though I am not adverse to looking into taking on a role above level 5. I am very loathe to make promises I cannot keep, and accept a responsibility I cannot hold long-term. So I will keep it in mind, but not making that level of commitment.
I would suggest then that if you are so inclined, continue reading and asking questions to see if your interest increases. It is bound to be a while before recruiting is open beyond the closed beta and there is no cut off time to join as a GM. At this time I haven't decided when recruiting will end for the closed beta yet, but it will be some time around the time where I have my hands full with coordinating efforts.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:26 AM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
As you well know, I'm definitely interested in this. I'm afraid to commit to 2 posts a day, especially not DM level posts but I do know the pathfinder rules very well and I enjoy looking over character sheets (and helping build characters if anyone needs it), so, assuming a staff position doesn't have to be a DM, I could be a character audit official. I would also like to be an apprentice (Just recently hit 2000 so yay! lol).

P.S. Where is room 0?

Cuross: As I understand it, apprentice GMs will be a bit more work than a normal player, we'll be expected to chip in with ideas, talk about balance concerns if any come up, and in general make use of the GM resources as though we were GMs (and maybe even help out GMs who may not "get" everything (such as XP or EM) as well as we do but who are able to run a game). We just won't have to actually worry about running a game. I could, however, be very wrong, that is just my understanding.
Posts per day is not how many you are required to make at EE, but rather the statistic listed on your profile, yours is listed as 2.68, so you qualify there.

GMs set the posting rate for their own games within EE, so if you were to state you wanted to post 5x a week, or w/e you're comfortable with, that's up to you to decide. Generally speaking, most XP rewards at EE are set for 1/day from the GM and players, but that's not something that is set in stone either and some flexibility is a must in this area as real life happens and this is a hobby, so IRL emergencies must be allowed to take precedence.

Room 0
Also, I'll be posting the link to the Game Map in the OP now as well.

I very much am interested in having a set of good auditors and am glad you put your name in for that asap. In the last incarnation I learned very quickly how incredibly important having good auditors is. These people know the rules really well and help everyone get everything ready and qualified and without them the game couldn't exist properly.

As people dig deeper in the notes they'll discover that staff members are given bonus XP for their service. Apprentice GMs however, are not until they complete their sign off which is worth a hefty sum of XP right off the bat, not to mention the rewards they reap after that.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:45 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 238
Inukotsu18 Inukotsu18 Inukotsu18
Oh man, an idea and game of this magnitude...and not what to be a part of it? Absurd!

However, I fear I do not meet any of the qualifications to become an Apprentice GM to the game as of yet, even though my RL experience as a GM/DM is going on to about three years of active gaming. I have much enthusiasm and interest into a mold-breaking game such as this, I would be interest level 5 but based on the requirements put forth, I would be more than likely not able to participate in much of anything. However, when the Closed Beta is ended and open for the general public to join, I would be more than happy to join and learn from such a wide variety of people. I will be rooting for you guys, as well as watching Eternity's End progress into the fantastic gaming idea that I know it to be.

P.S~ I am not a Full-time student or worker(unfortunately for me, atm) so I have ample amount of time on my hands to be of any kind of help you may deem me to be worthy of.

Sincerely, Inukotsu18

Last edited by Inukotsu18; 04-10-2012 at 03:47 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:02 AM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukotsu18 View Post
Oh man, an idea and game of this magnitude...and not what to be a part of it? Absurd!

However, I fear I do not meet any of the qualifications to become an Apprentice GM to the game as of yet, even though my RL experience as a GM/DM is going on to about three years of active gaming. I have much enthusiasm and interest into a mold-breaking game such as this, I would be interest level 5 but based on the requirements put forth, I would be more than likely not able to participate in much of anything. However, when the Closed Beta is ended and open for the general public to join, I would be more than happy to join and learn from such a wide variety of people. I will be rooting for you guys, as well as watching Eternity's End progress into the fantastic gaming idea that I know it to be.

P.S~ I am not a Full-time student or worker(unfortunately for me, atm) so I have ample amount of time on my hands to be of any kind of help you may deem me to be worthy of.

Sincerely, Inukotsu18
Your enthusiasm is appreciated. I would suggest you keep peeling through if you can afford to, and you may find yourself feeling more qualified as you do
Old 04-10-2012, 04:30 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 238
Inukotsu18 Inukotsu18 Inukotsu18
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoLT View Post
Your enthusiasm is appreciated. I would suggest you keep peeling through if you can afford to, and you may find yourself feeling more qualified as you do
I see what you mean, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:02 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 488
aivanther aivanther aivanther aivanther aivanther
Interesting. I've flirted with GMing, but still think I'll hold back at this point, though let me read apprenticeship rules a little more.

I would be interested in helping out as a 1). Any Position. I do fiddle around with character sheets enough where I believe a Character sheet auditor would work well with me, as would a monitor, but really think I could/would be willing to do most of them.

Last edited by aivanther; 04-10-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 499
Cuross Cuross Cuross Cuross Cuross
Started actually reading the materials... I must say, it's very intense and satisfying. Do I have to use the same GM application to apply for apprentice GM? Just add links to a game lasting over three months now? And maybe I might get to it in a little bit, but are there applications for any of the other staff positions? Would you need to apply to be a GM or apprentice GM to staff? Asking cuz I'm interested in creating and/or playing a Pub NPC and/or trying my hand at the Help board monitor.

Maybe I might be stepping a little deep too quickly, but this is something rather appealing.

BTW: Love the story telling bit! I hope to try that out once this gets going
Old 04-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by aivanther View Post
Interesting. I've flirted with GMing, but still think I'll hold back at this point, though let me read apprenticeship rules a little more.

I would be interested in helping out as a 1). Any Position. I do fiddle around with character sheets enough where I believe a Character sheet auditor would work well with me, as would a monitor, but really think I could/would be willing to do most of them.
Apprenticeship is required to be a staffer, mostly because the GM exam is designed to test your knowledge of the Pathfinder and EE rules to some extent. The main difference between an apprentice and a GM is that an apprentice hasn't completely finished the sign off (probably at some various stage) but has completed the exam. This means that the apprentice isn't running games, but is preparing to on some level. I should probably go and edit that in because it seems to be a point of confusion.

As far as being a staffer, thanks so much for your open ended desire to staff, that will really help and I'll do my best to get you into the best position for you and the game as the staff starts to materialize a bit more. Please complete the GM app and we'll be on our way to getting you prepped for staff

Last edited by WoLT; 04-10-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuross View Post
Started actually reading the materials... I must say, it's very intense and satisfying. Do I have to use the same GM application to apply for apprentice GM? Just add links to a game lasting over three months now? And maybe I might get to it in a little bit, but are there applications for any of the other staff positions? Would you need to apply to be a GM or apprentice GM to staff? Asking cuz I'm interested in creating and/or playing a Pub NPC and/or trying my hand at the Help board monitor.

Maybe I might be stepping a little deep too quickly, but this is something rather appealing.

BTW: Love the story telling bit! I hope to try that out once this gets going
To apply for staff you just apply to do it here as part of your interest check.

To apply as an apprentice you complete the same exam as a regular GM, just answer the questions like "link to game" with "I don't have one, I am here to apprentice" or something like that and I'll get you moving in the right direction.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukotsu18 View Post
I see what you mean, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Private response.

Last edited by WoLT; 04-10-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Closed Thread