Characters Imani's Insurance Claim (The Cast) - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Vault of the Dracolich > Information
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 06:43 PM
fires and floods

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34618
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek
Imani's Insurance Claim (The Cast)

In this thread, I will keep track of all the characters involved in the game. Once you have completed your character (that is, it's up to at least the "To Check" status here), please make a post here, including a link to your character sheet, and a reference picture for your character. once posted, it shouldn't be needing any further changes (unless there are errors )

Since we will have so many characters, and since not even I am fully familiar with the rules, I'd ask for anyone who felt confident to lend a hand and look over the other characters as they are submitted. To ensure no hard feelings are caused, please direct any comments you might have about rules misunderstanding to me in your private threads, and I'll relay them on if necessary Thanks!

Last edited by hvg3akaek; 04-26-2015 at 09:38 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:18 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 207
Isand Akri Isand Akri Isand Akri
left-aligned image

Name: Thorvald
Class: Barbarian (Totem Warrior)
Race: Human (Variant)

Eyes: Hazel | Hair: Auburn | Alignment: Neutral | Deity: Unsure

Personality: Thorvald is as varied as the very sea he once called home. He shifts between a gentle and steady calm into swift and violent frenzy at a moments notice. While he's quick to anger, he's as quick to quell by a soothing touch or a thoughtful word or gesture. Despite long swaths of time at sea, Thorvald genuinely enjoys the urban style of living. Though he has long come to accept that he isn't as suited to remain there despite his personal enjoyment. Eventually his rage or his pride get the better of him and he finds himself at odds with local authority, leading him once again, back to the sea.

Description: Long auburn locks frame a weather worn and sun-tanned face. Heavy brows sit overtop a set of hazel orbs, deep set into the mid of the large man's visage, a scowl all but tattooed permanently upon it. A long and aquiline nose rests just above a tight-lipped but meaty smile, bordering on bestial. All teeth and snarl rather than that of a sincere welcome. Only a small but vicious scar mars his otherwise handsome face. A long auburn beard finalizes the visage, thick and rough, but generally well tended. Despite his wild nature, it's clear he has a smattering of care about his appearance.

His wide and heavily muscled chest and torso remains relatively unadorned. Only fur and leather bracers show any indication of armament upon the whole of his being. His waist is adorned with a heavy double-leather belt, complete with an iron focal plate. A resplendent visage of a large bird is cast or etched within the iron, wings remain permanently raised as if soaring to the heavens. In truth, the symbol is that of a Phoenix, the mythical totem animal of his tribe. The remainder of his clothing is typical among his people; a soft linen rus coupled with a stiff leather breechcloth, completed with thick, water-proofed, hide boots.

Personality Trait: To me, a tavern brawl is a nice way to get to know a new city.
Personality Trait: I work hard so that I can play hard when the work is done.
Ideal: People. I’m committed to my crewmates, not to ideals. (Neutral)
Bond: I’m loyal to my captain first, everything else second.
Flaw: Once someone questions my courage, I never back down no matter how dangerous the situation.

Bad Reputation: No matter where you go, people are afraid of you due to your reputation. When you are in a civilized settlement, you can get away with minor criminal offenses, such as refusing to pay for food at a tavern or breaking down doors at a local shop, since most people will not report your activity to the authorities.

Sailor (Pirate Variant)Background: Thorvald's mother (Jalana Marivaldi) was the daughter of a wealthy Turmishan merchant. His father (Tor) was a young warrior of the Uthgardt Barbarians (Elk Tribe). A chance meeting, little more than highway robbery brought them together, and beauty and a sense of adventure kept them so. Instead of ransoming her or enslaving her, as so many of his ilk would have, Thorvald's father married her. Due to naming conventions, his parentage decided to combine his paternal name with his mother's surname. Thorvald grew into manhood learning the ways of his father's people. But, essentially he was no more than a casual outcast among his peerage due to his mother's heritage. He was always capable and often respected in the ways of combat, but his strength seemed to lag behind those of his peers. Another faculty of his split-lineage. And, while he was generally keener in mind and spirit, and often more refined than the average member of the Elk Tribe... the reward for pure strength and fortitude alone kept his status as seemingly 'inferior' secure.

A chance encounter with a group of creatures within the Evermoors brought his father's life, and that of many other fathers of the Tribe, to an end. Though steeped in the ways of the Tribe, and with little actual social accurity, Thorvald was brought back to the home of his mother, Nonthal located in Turmish. His mother was capable of dropping back into 'normal society' as she called it, but his primal upbringing, his sheer size, and his lack of 'decorum' entitled him to the same degree (or worse) of ostracization he had experiences while within the Elk Tribe. He bullied the other children, as he had been taught and delighted in his superior prowess, but Thorvald was reprimanded often and heavily for his actions. Furthermore, where he once excelled at intellectual pursuits among his Tribal peers, he now fell sharply behind the education curve to the average Turmish mind. It was with a heavy heart, but steeled determination that he returned to the ways of his ancient paternal lineage. The sea, and invariably, piracy.

With his mother's blessing, and a little stolen wealth of trinkets from his grandfather's home, Thorvald bought a single-man dinghy and rowed across the narrow strip of sea between the northernmost point of Turmish, and the Dragonisle. His natural strength, average intellect, and willingness to do whatever was necessary afforded him a place upon several ships harbored within the Isles. In the end, however, he chose the Vast Bounty, due to it's predominantly Turmishan crew. In spite of his dual-lineage, and his low-standing status among the active crew, Thorvald felt truly welcomed and alive for the first time in his short life. A decade of piracy, close calls, adventures, and the gaining and losing of friends, brought his life into focus. Eventually the first mate, Diero, a Turmishan corsair of some moderate repute, took the place of the retiring Captain. As acting Captain, he renamed the vessel the Maelstrom, and eventually gave Thorvald his place as the ship's Bosun. An act that would draw the two men together in friendship over the next couple years.

Imani: While aboard the Maelstrom, Thorvald grew quite close to it's Turmishan Captain, Diero Astorio, due to his dual heritage. Turns out that he is a cousin of a cousin to the Turmishan Wizard. During a lull in their mutual 'trade' Diero received word of Imani's plight. An inquiry as to if Diero knew any skill and trusted men who sought a favorable return to a vital, and ultimately ubiquitous, grand adventure. It was a simply task of asking the aging Bosun if he desired wealth, a modicum of fame, and of course the promise of adventure... and likely a first mate's position upon the Maelstrom should be return. Perhaps even, as Diero explained it... Thorvald might recover some vast stay of wealth, and like Diero had done before him, buy his way into Captaincy.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:22 AM
Insert User Title Here.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23870
Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond
left-aligned image

Πame: lint ϟplitstone, ϟon of Ǥeneral thor ϟplitstone
lass: Ϝighter
Ʀace: ϻountain Đwarf

haracter ϟheet

Ƀackground: My creative and eloquent background is for the DM's eyes only. everyone!

Ħe grew up in a mountain dwarven kingdom, fairly typical of his race (Mithral Hall perhaps). His father was very strict and abusive but was also a very well respected and powerful member of his clan. Like all dwarves of his clan, he was trained as a soldier, though he was never good enough for his father. Due to his father's influence, as well as Flint's own aptitude, he was selected as part of a special group of young soldiers chosen to comprise the "Guardians of the Moon Shield". The moon shield was a dwarven relic, a shield carried by a legendary general. Out of respect for his deeds, the moon shield was to be kept in a sacred shrine on the surface, where the moonlight could touch it each night. It was to be housed there until his grandson was old enough wear it into battle. The shrine was located on the side of the mountain near Keeper's Dale in a remote and dangerous location. Guarding the shield was an honor his father didn't think his only son deserved.

Ϝlint and five other dwarves spent years isolated in the mountain shrine. It was monotonous and Flint felt the others were becoming complacent. His influence was limited, but he tried to maintain discipline at the cost of moral. One of them betrayed the group and stole the relic for himself, killing one of the other guardians in the process. The remaining four swore a pact to hunt him down, recover the relic and kill the thief. Until the situation is rectified, Flint will not return to his clan, for to do so would shame his family name.

Ŧhe trail ran cold, and one must eat. Flint took to mercenary work to earn a living while he tried to find the Moon Shield. His endeavors led him to city and to hamlet, to wilderness and to dungeons. He had learned to work among the surface people, for he knew well the value of a multi-skilled platoon. Mercenary work was not the dwarven infantry however, and allies he could trust were not acquired quickly or easily. One such ally was Imani, an old and knowledgeable wizard. When Imani summoned him, Flint came.

ersonality: He is highly critical of his race as he thinks most dwarves have 'gone soft'. He is fairly quiet, but when he does have something to say he speaks bluntly and simply; often he's too terse to be well understood. Intimidation through broken bones is his preferred method of diplomacy. He is brutal (perhaps even a little sadistic) to his enemies. He is over protective of his friends. He clings hard to his wealth. Despite his stern, and sometimes questionable methods, he has undying hope that his friends will achieve their own greatest potential. Deep down, he is optimistic and has faith that honor will outlive corruption.

personality summeryŦrait Ⅰ: Dwarves have become weak. I have not
Ŧrait Ⅱ: One honorable heart is never as strong as two.
Ideal: (Responsibility) I do what I must and obey just authority.
Ƀond: I owe it to my clan to right a wrong I failed to prevent.
law: My hatred of my enemies is blind, unreasoning, and sadistic.

Đescription: A lurking storm-cloud. An iron-clad oak barrel that has grown hard and dark from many a warehouse fire. Flint wears no bright colors, no polished jewelry, no bold family crest. His armor and cloths are worn (but not worn out) and tarnished dark brown and grey. Every leather strap, every buckle, every stitch has had to prove its strength over the years. There is no room for excess, and every part of his gear fits tightly with the rest, each possessing strength and purpose. The only adornments he wears are a simple dark violet jewel on his helmet and a tarnished brass pendant around his neck.

His face is mostly beard, with his eyes, nose and cheeks nestled deep within the course thick hair. The small amount of skin that can be seen on his face is weather hardened and dark, like everything else about him. His eyes are like finding two emeralds nestled in the sooty remains of a campfire. Their clarity betrays the furry inside this otherwise reserved dwarf.

ϻotivation and Ǥoals: His larger goal is described in his background. More immediate motivations are to acquire wealth, skills, and allies. All of these things will be needed to accomplish his greater goals. Deep down, his life goal would be to earn his father's respect, but he may not even be aware of this.

Last edited by Still_Pond; 11-07-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:30 AM
Great Wyrm
Outplay 2018  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14028
jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear
right-aligned image

Name: Hogart 'Oneeye' Fumblefoot
Race: Hill Dwarf
Alignment: Lawful Good
Class: Cleric (War Domain)
Background: Soldier

Description: Thick set with a remarkable double plaited beard of flaming red, Hogart is tall for a dwarf standing at just over 5 foot. The black leather eye patch catches the eye, but not because of the patch itself, but rather the poorly hidden violent red scar beneath it which marks it as an authentic adornment and newly acquired. His hands are massive with thick powerful fingers. He moves with a distinct limp, noise accompanies his every movement. His good eye is dark, searching, hungry, sharp like the steel of the deadly axe slung over one shoulder, his voice heavy like the mighty hammer slung over the other. An iron hammer within a circle hangs from a chain around his neck, which he can often be seen gripping tightly while he mutters indistinct prayers into his beard.

Personality: Hogart moves in straight lines. He talks straight, cutting to the heart of things, and having little patience for those who do otherwise. Speak your mind, live by your words, earn respect, do right, and expect those around you to do the same ... these are the words he lives by. Being dwarven his instinct is not that of a socialite, but at this crossroad in his life he sees making connections as vital to his success. And if their is one thing he does not accept it is failure. So he is actively searching to forge new bonds, although he lacks some of the skills to do so. All he has is his stubborn determination to succeed. Despite his damaged appearance, he exudes strength and drive. There is something in his manner that makes one think twice about stepping in the way of this dwarf and whatever it is he hungers for.
Trait #1: I face problems head-on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success.
Trait #2: I can stare down a Hell Hound without flinching
Ideal: Our lot is to lay down our lives in defense of others.
Bond: Someone saved my life on the battlefield. To this day, I will never leave a friend behind.
Flaw: The monstrous enemy we faced in battle still leaves me quivering with fear.

The reason why Hogart agreed to this adventure Beginning to run short of coin Hogart is becoming desperate to find work. Work is however a means to an ends. He needs work that will allow him to continue to redevelop his strength and skill in new ways. More than anything he wants to be strong again, and to overcome his disablities. One day he wishes to carve his place into the walls of Mithral Hall, his name spoken with as much reverance as that of his father.

Last edited by jbear; 11-02-2014 at 02:46 AM.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:45 AM
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23434
Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq
Sevi Quigg
left-aligned image
Sevi Quigg

Ranger (Archery- Hunter)

Outlander - Exile

Character Sheet
Old 11-02-2014, 11:06 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 942
Skunknik Skunknik Skunknik Skunknik Skunknik Skunknik Skunknik Skunknik
CarlyName: Carlene (Carly) Madelon
Character Sheet: Here
Race:Human
Class (level 4): Rogue
Build / Path / whatever the level 3 choice is called: Assassin
Background: Outlander - Bounty Hunter
Why you are helping Imani in this quest: Having just handed in a bounty, Carly figures taking an adventurers job will be a a bit of a holiday!

If you want, you can also add further background and description, including:
Height: 5f9"
Weight: 139lb

Personality Traits (x2):
1. I was driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home
2. I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won't save you from a hungry owlbear.

Ideal:
Change: Life is like the seasons, in constant change and we must change with it. (Chaotic)

Bond:
An injury to the unspoiled wilderness of my home is an injury to me.

Flaw:
Don't expect me to save those who can't save themselves. It's natures way that the strong thrive and the weak perish.

Blurb:
Carly was born and raised in a frontier settlement. Whilst she is at home in the natural surrounds of most environments, she always dreamed of seeing more of the world.

One of her most vivid memories was that of a bounty hunter passing through, tracking his quarry. She was only young at the time, but was swept off her feet by the handsome stranger in the wide brimmed dark hat and coat.

She planned for years on how to escape her life, and during an annual trip to a nearby village, much to her fathers chagrin, she signed up with a local guild offering to train and outfit people who wanted to change professions.

She was young and gullible but it didn't take her long to realise that she had signed up with a guild of thieves. Years in their service honed her skills, and as soon as she could, she paid off her contract and branched out on her own.

She approaches lawmakers and courts, travelling the land hunting down those who are wanted, taking on contracts that allow her to continue travelling.

Carly is tall with a medium frame that is home to a toned and muscled body. She keeps herself in shape both by nature of her work, and by ensuring she exercises regularly during down time. She is skilled at her craft and can let herself into well locked home in pursuit of her bounties. Although her time in the guild has given her an affinity with rooftops and alleyways, her upbringing means she is just at home in the wilds.

She holds a no nonsense attitude, and has little patience for fools and simpletons.

Last edited by Skunknik; 11-03-2014 at 04:34 AM. Reason: fixing fieldset
Old 11-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 169
Kelkas Kelkas
Application
Name: Sai'Var Nai'lo
Race: Half-Elf
Height: 6' 0”
Weight: 140
Class: Paladin of Tyr
Build: Oath of Devotion

Background & Why
Sai'Var grew up as an orphan in Cormyr, an outcasts among many. The only “parent' Sai'Var knew was the local priest, Luth, a devout follower and teacher for those following the guidance of Tyr. Little was known about Sai'Var's parents, rumors spreading like wild fire in the forest kingdom. Some believed his parents were part of the Harpers, wanting to keep him far away from their adventuring life. Others believed he was the bastard child to one of the many knights always seen patrolling in and around Cormyr every couple of weeks.

He craved to be one of them, or something of the sort, wanting to dismiss the shackles of being a orphan. He was destined for many things, or so Luth would have him believed. Sai was the towns loner, not of choice though, most didn't want anything to do with the boy. Luth and the various tavern owners the only folks that would even acknowledge the boy's very existence. Many times he had begged Luth to send him off to become something else, but only ever heard back that living the way he was would shape him into a man to be reckoned with. Sai's schooling came in the form of religious teachings and life lessons, constantly being lectured by Luth for every action he took. Nothing was out of the realm of scrutiny.

Fifteen years the boy listened to Luth following his teachings and so called life lessons. Finally mustering up enough courage he fought for what he believed needed to be done. If he, Sai, was so destined for better things then it was about time that he could learn practical skills to help him in battle. With the temple being his home Sai wished to become a warrior of Tyr, a paladin. Sai wanted to bring justice to those who would commit such evil that their transgressions could only be met with the swift hammer of justice, sending them to the hells in which claim them.

Sai ventured out, Tyr as his only guide, with the blessings and holy teachings of Luth. Twenty years had came and went all too quick, he had been living the life of an adventurer of sorts, traveling town to town helping right wrongs in the name of Tyr and the temple.

Why: Eventually all roads have lead him to intel regarding Imani's quest, the dracolich and the evil it wishes to impose on the people of Faerun. He would take up the call, to help rid the world of such a beast.

Acolyte
Traits: I am tolerant of other faiths(except those following known evil aligned deities) and respect the worship of other gods. I idolize a particular hero of my faith, and constantly refer to that person's deeds and example.
Ideal: Faith. I trust that my deity will guide my actions, I have faith that if I work hard, things will go well. (Lawful)
Bond: I owe my life to the priest who took me in when my parents abandoned me.*(edited very little to fit my character)
Flaw: I judge others harshly, and myself even more severely.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1967
Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy
Asher Viam'Bellator
Appearance & Personality
right-aligned image
Asher Viam'Bellator
The Immaculate Strike
"Why? To see if I could."

Race: Drow Sex: Male Class: Monk/Open Hand Age: 45 Alignement: Neutral

Asher is of average height and build for a Drow with gray eyes and thick white hair that falls past his shoulders. His face lacks the severity and cruelty that is common among his kin, causing the young dark-elf to appear more delicate than he is. His eyes maintain the arrogance of his ancestors and he moves with a grace only matched by other Fey creatures. A purple cloak, so dark it appears black, hangs from his shoulders, covering a sleeveless white shirt and baggy black breeches that are tucked into worn dark leather boots. A slightly shortened spear peeks from behind his back and large needle-like objects can be seen attached to his belt. A small pouch hangs from a plain leather cord around his neck.

Arrogance and skill mesh to produce a man confident that, while not invincible, he can hold his own against almost any challenge. Asher looks for an opportunity to test his talents in every situation, but especially loves the challenge of combat. He is driven by a desire to become the greatest warrior to ever live, not for the fame or to amass wealth, but because he craves the challenge.
Background

Last edited by Troy; 11-02-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:56 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 638
coachjmcvay coachjmcvay coachjmcvay coachjmcvay coachjmcvay coachjmcvay

Rhogar Norixus
Brass Dragonborn Paladin of Bahamut

Rhogar is a soldier, that is all that he has ever known. He fights for those who cannot fight for themselves and he always finds himself in defense of his allies. Rhogar has heard rumor of a dracolich threatening the land, and was quick to pick up his sword and help in any way that he can to defeat it before it can cause to much trouble.

Last edited by coachjmcvay; 11-02-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Ia! Ia! Aethera fhtagn!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 45487
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Jormundr the Silversmith

Could use some more fleshing out.

left-aligned image
Name: Jormundr the Silversmith

RaceClassBackgroundGenderAgeSizeAlignment
Hill DwarfFighter (Champion)Folk HeroMale159 years4'7" 148 lbsLawful Good

Traits: Lest someone ask personal questions, Jormundr avoids talking much at all.
To bring honor to his clan, if someone is in trouble, this dwarf will help.

Ideal: "I trust in Moradin's wisdom. If I work hard and protect the good from the evil, I have no doubt I'll see home again some day."

Bond: "I swear by Moradin, Silverhall, and... well, never you mind about that. Kin and gods, that's the key. Kin and gods."

Flaw: "No good deed, ye ken? For saving lives, I'm here, and not home. Ye won't catch me acceptin' that kind of thanks again, no sir."

Trinket: A bag containing forty-seven humanoid teeth, one of which is rotten.

Why are you helping Imani with this quest?
After nearly a hundred years of adventuring, hoping to bring enough honor to his clan that Moradin might see fit to guide him home again, Jormundr is feeling like he needs to do something bigger, something to attract the god's attention, if not that of his family members. While he feels generally like he does good because he ought to and there is enough evil in the world to last forever twice over, this isn't entirely a charitable act.

Last edited by Aethera; 11-07-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 958
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
Name: Liriel DeVir
Race: Drow
Height: 5'3
Weight: 79
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Personality Traits: I am utterly serene, even in the face of danger. & I feel tremendous empathy for all who suffer.
Ideal: Free Thinking, Inquiry and curiosity are the pillars of progress.
Bond: I am still seeking the enlightenment I pursued in my seclusion, and it still eludes me.
Flaw: Now that I've returned to the world, I enjoy its delights a little too much.
Class: Cleric
Build / Path: Light Domain
Background: Hermit
Appearance: Slender build, petite as most of her kind are. Stark white hair, tied ponytail style, color matches with her obsidian skin. Her eyes are the beautiful color of mauve.
[IMG][/IMG]
Why you are helping Imani in this quest: Follower of Eilistraee, thanks to her parents who had defected from their city and away from Loth. She grew up learning to be a priestess as it's common for female drows. Having tons of questions as she gotten older about her people, both followers of Loth and Eilistraee and other races and life in general, she went into a spiritual seclusion, trying to find answers and better understanding. When she finally came back she had heard news about Imani, an Turmishan wizard and the dreaded evil Dretchroyaster and she prayed to her goddess for a whole day, then listened to advices. She realized that it had to be destiny that she returned as Imani began to send out for aid. She packed her belongings and headed out back into the world....
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=51617
Old 11-02-2014, 11:12 PM
MostlyMaddeninglyMadMan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5361
Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad
Jalen "Lucky" Ancreth
right-aligned image
  • Name: Jalen "Lucky" Ancreth
  • Race: Halfling, Lightfoot
  • Class: Wizard (level 4)
  • Build: Diviner
  • Background: Street Urchin
  • Description: Jalen, with his disheveled flame colored hair over emerald green eyes, is an absolute mess. The halfling wears a well faded dark green vest over a dirty tan undershirt that clearly used to be white. He lugs a leather backpack full of scholarly supplies over his right shoulder and carries a wad of papers, with arcane writing on them, wrapped in a couple rubberbands in his left hand. Dirt stained brown pants are held up by a few strands of twine looped through what looks like a spellcaster's component pouch that has been sufficiently overstuffed. Most glaring are his orange haired covered, significantly calloused, and very bare feet. To those that venture nearby a distinct hint of cloves will assault their senses.
  • Why you are helping Imani in this quest: Jalen's teacher, Davin, has asked that Jalen go in his stead and assist Imani. Davin sends his regards but he had pressing business elsewhere. Jalen, fully indebted to Davin, has graciously agreed to assist in anyway possible.

"There's a slope down toward evil, a gentle gradient that can be ignored at each step, unfelt. It's not until you look back, see the distant heights where you once lived, that you understand your journey." - Prince of Thorns

Last edited by Mostlymad; 11-07-2014 at 12:24 AM.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:21 AM
Black Magic Woman

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3173
Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity
Name: Suzara Crownsilver
Race: Human
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Wt: 120 Ht: 5'7”
Sex: Female
Class: Fighter (Eldritch Knight)
Level: 4
Deity: Torm
Background: Noble
Notes:
Suzara is a lovely young woman with shoulder length blonde hair and bangs. Though her most striking feature are her eyes, one blue and the other green. She wears the fine clothing and armor which are made with quality of someone born to wealth would wear. Colored black, red, white, and gold. Notably with a white ascot, a long black pleated dress, and a red scarf draped over her shoulders and hanging down in the front. It looks rather like a dress uniform of some sort. Her weapon of choice is a saber with a red sheath.

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=51668

Last edited by hvg3akaek; 11-11-2014 at 04:36 PM. Reason: for historical purposes
Old 11-03-2014, 02:05 AM
R E S P E C T

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7841
GinJapan GinJapan GinJapan GinJapan GinJapan GinJapan GinJapan GinJapan GinJapan GinJapan GinJapan
left-aligned image
Name: In'ei
Race: Human
Class: Monk, Way of Shadow
Background: Criminal
Criminal Specialty: Burglar
Personality Traits: "I am always calm, no matter the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me. However, the best way to get me to do something is to tell me I can't do it."
Ideal: Freedom: "Chains are meant to be broken, as are those who would forge them."
Bond: "I am trying to pay off an old debt I owe to a generous benefactor."
Flaw: "If there's a plan, I'll forget it. If I don't forget it, I'll ignore it."
Why: "Imani once helped save my life, my family, and my whole village. I owe a life debt that I hope will be paid in full."
Appearance: A young woman, dressed all in black. Her face is mostly covered by a half-mask. What can be seen of her face reveals tanned skin, dark brown eyes, and a bit of black hair poking out of her hood. She is relatively short at only 5'6" and lithe.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:02 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4857
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Name Gellen 'Badger' Nestaliphi Ordany Seebo Foodeler Timbers
Race Rock Gnome
Class Druid
Build / Path Moon

Background 'Badger' appears to be a traveling druid alchemist. He's gathers his own reagents on his travels, then returns to his hut where he brews up potions to sell on his next outing. The truth is a little bit more complicated. Badger is a master of taste. He uses his skills to master potion mimicry. He can take a first level potion of cure light wounds and adjust it to smell, taste, and be colored as if it were three times as potent. He can then either sell that as a single potion or water it down into three. Badger is not above donning a priest of tyr disguise and buying potions from skilled alchemists to study for taste duplication, or to water-down and resell. With a basic understanding of herbs and alchemy, Badger is capable of brewing potions himself, but they're seldom as effective as the potions others make.

Badger grew up in a remote fishing village. As one of 8 children, he had a fair amount of time to explore the rocky ridge lines around his home. He learned every shrub, tree, mineral and animal. As a belated attempt to give him some useful skills his parents apprenticed him to a local alchemist named Erky. Unfortunately he learned the wrong kind. You see, Erky wasn't a very good alchemist. The only potion he had that consistently worked as intended was 'Feign Death', although it could be argued that it was a little TOO effective. Erky initially only used Badger to gather herbs and reagants, but he soon discovered that while Badger wasn't able to substantially improve his products potency, he was able to to make them look and taste better.

With Badger as his apprentice, Erky started becoming more confident, brewing ever more impressive potions. They kept traveling to avoid negative results of their potions catching up with them. Well, eventually someone did catch them... an orcish Paladin who was not very happy about her current orcish state as a result of a bad Crusader's Mantle potion. Since Badger was only the apprentice, his punishment was limited to a week in the stocks (they had to build a new stocks to accommodate his small neck). Erky was still awaiting trial when Badger skipped town, and he's never looked back.

Initially Badger lived in the wilds for a several years, but while he could feed himself well enough, he discovered that he needed a source of income to replace things that he couldn't produce himself. After trying various things, he reverted back into the role of traveling Alchemist, but he's determined to be smarter about it than Erky was, making sure that any potion he sells has some benefit at least, even if it isn't full power. As a traveling merchant, there are many perils on the road and Badger has survived many a dangerous encounter (his favorite tactic involves fog-cloud, wildshape - squirrel, and hiding in the nearest tree). Badger enjoys swindling people... the more important the person, the more satisfaction he gets from cheating them. So when he heard that Imani was looking for adventurers to steal from Dretchroyaster’s lair, Badger was scared, but he just couldn't pass up the opportunity of a lifetime, could he?

Why you are helping Imani: Badger may tell himself that it's the money... Badger's always dreamed of setting up a culinary school, and that takes a lot of money! But the real reason is that Badger has duped Dukes, exploited Earls, played Princesses, manipulated Mayors, and conned councilmen, but he's never deceived a dracolich!

CharlatanI convince people that worthless junk is worth their hard-earned money.
Trait - Flattery is my preferred trick for getting what I want.
Trait - I'm a born gambler who can't resist taking a risk for a potential payoff.
Ideal - Aspiration. I'm determined to make something of myself.
Bond - I owe everything to my mentor -- a horrible person who's probably rotting in jail somewhere.
Flaw - I can't resist swindling people who are more powerful than me.

other infoAlignment - Chaotic Neutral
Level 4 feat - war caster

Last edited by anamiac; 11-03-2014 at 10:09 AM.
Closed Thread