RPXP: 150
Drakedude Drakedude
PlanesGawker

Game NamePlanesGawker
Game SystemOther Roleplaying Games
ThemeLearn to crawl before you can planeswalk
FlavourWeird varied choose your own adventure
Plot Summary

Entity! Aloha! Do you know what you’ve become?

"Where am i?"

"My clothes are coming back to life and I could swear the rain is eating them! This isn't hell! Guts gallery of the Archdemon Lulu my ass!"

Any idea where your home and hearth is gone?

No sir, I’ve only just begun

You’re a titan sonny

U trying to be funny

This look like the land of milk and honey?

Don’t forget the ritual you’ve spun

om

I like you, survive and bring me along

You know why they follow you? It’s the only way back. You might have earned their loyalty, or crushed the resistance out of them, but it’s the truth. Things like you prowling about… you owe us this hand. It’s a pittance for what you took.

The Game
This is a magic the gathering draft roleplay, ala famous 10000+ card game. A normal magic the gathering draft has 8 players pass around 8 packs of cards, taking their favourite each time. You do this 3 times and build a deck from your stash.

Instead, each pack will be a world you must survive, choose your own adventure style. The game will feel a bit like this. If you’re lucky, you’ll take a little bit of the plane with you to help with your next multiversal panic attack; this time somewhere freshly traumatised by other players. Yes, you can lay traps.

Pick your favourite colour:

Red is the colour of mountains, fire, blood and independence. Blue is the ocean and the mind. Green is the forest, life and strength. Black is the swamp, death, undeath and ambition. White is plains, community and law. Colourless is used with artifacts and the mana cost (spell fuel) of many cards, as it can be played with any colour. None are good or evil. You can find combinations of any of the above.

You will be a random creature of that colour. The more you know about MTG the stronger your character is guaranteed to be, which ain’t good. Whatever you are, this is your first rodeo.

I would like up to 24 players, bearing in mind there are enough cards for 8 of you. Take from this what you will. Gifs and video are strongly encouraged

And we're off

Last edited by Drakedude; Sep 13th, 2016 at 08:39 PM.
Old Sep 4th, 2016, 08:02 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2775
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
I might be willing to try this, but I played MTG a LONG time ago, and gave it up because it was too expensive for me to keep current with cards. I eventually gave away my old cards.
I'll be any character or color you need filled. Blue or artifact if there is a choice.
Old Sep 4th, 2016, 09:50 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Drakedude Drakedude
You're a

The image that was here has been deleted.

-zev

Last edited by zevonian; Sep 7th, 2016 at 09:34 PM.
Old Sep 4th, 2016, 10:54 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 46712
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
In regards to the above edit, yes, it is under staff review.
-
zev

Old Sep 5th, 2016, 08:39 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Drakedude Drakedude
Old Sep 6th, 2016, 02:05 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10832
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
This could be interesting. Count me in. I played back during Ice Age and dabbled a little over the years but never really got back into Magic after they started putting out a new pack every 3 months or so. I'll put in an idea once I think of a good one. Anything you're looking for the character specifically like background, likes/dislikes, favorite my little pony, etc.?

Last edited by taleteller50; Sep 6th, 2016 at 02:29 PM.
Old Sep 6th, 2016, 02:17 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Drakedude Drakedude
Everything but your species and profession is up to you . Pick a colour that matches your desired temperament though!

Last edited by Drakedude; Sep 6th, 2016 at 02:28 PM.
Old Sep 6th, 2016, 03:09 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Well I picked the color I was thinking of playing (Black) and species isn't all that important for the character I was thinking but profession might not fit well depending. Could I request the blanks be filled before I continue?
Old Sep 6th, 2016, 03:20 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Drakedude Drakedude
Hmm. I think it will be a perfect fit

Link to image deleted. Linking to such cards/images isn't much different than posting them. And the posting of them is still under staff review.

-zev

Last edited by zevonian; Sep 7th, 2016 at 09:36 PM.
Old Sep 6th, 2016, 07:09 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
I was trying to learn a little more about your suggestion and found most recourses list the card as a Zombie Wizard. Is this correct?
Old Sep 6th, 2016, 07:20 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Drakedude Drakedude
Yes. No worries, you're not going to have to make a d&d build or something. This will be pure logical choose your own adventure. The abilities on your card, and it's power and toughness, are the abilities you individually possess. I'll explain mana later, but suffice to say you'll have enough for both your (cheap) abilities . I'll be keeping this random, but i have written up quite a few of these cards intros already. For times sake you gotta take this one or leave it .

Last edited by Drakedude; Sep 6th, 2016 at 07:25 PM.
Old Sep 6th, 2016, 07:32 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
I wasn't really worried about the abilities, I was thinking more about how it would affect his back ground. He would have had to have become a zombie at some point. His abilities do make for an interesting point for role play however. The Red's first strike ability might be attributed to experiments to enhance a person's reaction time to it's limits but I do have a question about recovering a creature from the graveyard (ie. Dead) and putting it in your Library. Is this like a resurrection, with it being like the creature is alive but not summoned/ under your command yet? Maybe the spirit is there but the body still needs to be formed? Or is the body alive but in suspension until 'drawn' and 'cast' from your 'hand'. I ask this because a dead wife was going to be involved in the back ground and I was wondering how the ability in question might affect this.
Old Sep 6th, 2016, 07:47 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Drakedude Drakedude
When they say "you control", they mean a card on the field not the grave. Your library is basically a inter-dimensional phonebook of your minions; i interpret that as returning them to whence they came and keeping them on speed-dial.
Old Sep 6th, 2016, 08:06 PM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16887
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
This is really cool sounding. I would love to play blue or black cards. I have a commander deck with the blue/black faerie queen. The deck is valued at over a thousand dollars. And that's cheap compared to some.
Old Sep 6th, 2016, 08:14 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Drakedude Drakedude
Blue and black it is.

Link to image deleted. Linking to such cards/images isn't much different than posting them. And the posting of them is still under staff review.

-zev

Last edited by zevonian; Sep 7th, 2016 at 09:36 PM.