Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 12:33 AM
Watching, always watching

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21846
Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos
December Post of the Month Nomination Thread

This is it, the place to post your nominations for the best post on RPG Crossing for December 2016.

Please review the rules for the competition and post your nominations accordingly.

Ineligible MembersThe following members are ineligible for this month's competition:

Judges
Nimlos
Aethera
dirkoth

Previous 2016 PotM Winners
January - ogamodyna
February - Thorsten
March - Nade
April - Magically Musing
May - Nycro Shears
June - Spankucus
July - goatmeal
August - Melchior
September - Rolzup
October - Stormhammer
November - zany

Now, show us who did the best work in December!

This thread will be closed on or about January 1.

Last edited by Nimlos; 12-24-2016 at 11:54 PM.
Old 12-25-2016, 08:06 AM
the Demogorgon is real!!!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11375
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Merry Christmas all, and I want to nominate Gunthert.
The AP is 'Lost Mine of Phandelver' and we are just at the start of the adventure. The adventurers defeated a bunch a ambush goblins and captured one to interrogate, intimidate and more . Gunthert's post made me laugh about his talent to support the RPG cause of December, in a sneaky and awesome way; and completely in character. I love the way his character supports the RPG Orc-tshirt, and for his originality I think he deserves to be nominated, especially for the month December/awareness month.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:35 PM
walks by me to get to him

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9561
goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal
Nominee: Sassafrass
Game: Carrion Crown
Link

Reasons:
I’d like to nominate Sassafrass for this DM post. This is not one, but four excellent posts that frame the situation for the PCs. How to proceed in a world filled with both superstition and evil? As the party is split across the city, we can see how each separate group faces the multi-faceted challenges within a city set on unjustly executing a mindless (or is it?) golem. One scene has PCs dining with the strict judge who will decide much of what will happen to this beast. Another scene has PCs touring the scene of the crime (and hearing of others who might be held responsible instead of the golem). A third scene occurs in a temple of a good god where one might hope mercy would prevail (or are they as much involved as everyone else?) And finally, a dark encounter with a mysterious creature, the purpose of which has yet to be revealed. So many views of the same challenge. So many balls in the air. And the DM has handled it perfectly.

Old 12-31-2016, 04:59 AM
Just a person

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3502
iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465
Not many nominations, so far. Hopefully that changes, but the holidays makes things a bit harder. Anywho...

Nominee: iwood2465
Game: Dragonball: Wrinkles in Time
GM: Hound
Original Post

Reasons: This game has been a lot of fun, so far, mostly due to all of the awesome players we have on board. This post is my favorite so far. And while most of Melchior's are equal to better, he's not eligible and everyone else made this a hard decision and could easily be nominated as well.

It follows on the heels of a rejection, and is an introspective look at how it might feel to be bullied. The character is strange, because she, as an android, can't show emotions very well. But between the thoughts, the poetry and her stubborn pride later when she refuses to ask for help in the wild... it still manages to convey a great deal of emotion, despite the case of stone face. It was fun to write and I am admittedly very proud of it.

Old 12-31-2016, 01:35 PM
The black-hearted

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9478
Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound
Nominee: taleteller50
Game: Way of the Wicked
GM: Quarterpound

LINK

Why? In a game with so many heavy hitters (in two groups), I always enjoy to see someone put out the extra effort to really get into their character. Taleteller50 plays a villainous surgeon in a group of assassins and this is the first time in the story he is able to show off his carving ways. I love how detailed he gets without needing gory details, the cold, calculating way "Doc" prepares his new patient, and the notes that he takes. Real great stuff, in my opinion.
Old 12-31-2016, 04:49 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 43130
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Nominee: Inem
Game: Carrion Crown
GM: Sass hole
Original Post: Here
Raison: There is a tradition at Lepidstadt University in Ustalav that students duel with one another, in an attempt to ascertain whose thesis is better than the others'. Inem's Hrani is not a member of this university, nor is phinar's (now-NPC) Jamir, but having come to the university seeking information. They walk into a crowd of students, where they find themselves challenged by a Gnome. Thinking quickly on a historical topic he doesn't know about, Inem rolled checks, invented history for the world of Golarion, and made a fine show of their duel. A fantastic show of how to turn rolls into a great post, and just another reason why Inem is a great player.

Last edited by Sassafrass; 12-31-2016 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:30 PM
Ancient Gamer.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 41246
dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth
Closed! And thank you to those who recognized the hard work and greatness of others!

Please give us your nominations for January, in the January Nomination Thread!
Closed Thread