RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Open Roleplaying > PotM & PotY
twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 12:43 AM
Ancient Gamer.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 39947
dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth
March Post of the Month nomination Thread

Judges
Nimlos
Aethera
dirkoth
Squeak!

Previous 2017 PotM Winners
January - Morathor
February - Huhart

Now, show us who did the best work in March!

This thread will be closed on or about April 1.

Last edited by dirkoth; 04-03-2017 at 11:26 PM.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:17 PM
All men perish...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5819
Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv
Player: Code H
Game: Dragons of the Spanish Main
Dm: Code H

Reason for Nomination:
Code H frequently writes very descriptive posts that do a good job of expounding on material and really immersing the players in the game. This post is one example.

My character and her Dragon flew against some mutineers and used their breath weapon for the first time. I chose to have the damage be in the form of radiation so the scene quickly became grisly but Code H did a superb job describing it anyway.

The thread is technically secreted but that shouldn't stop Dirkoth at the least ;p

**Fair warning, it is a bit graphic**

link

Last edited by Qiksilv; 03-12-2017 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-17-2017, 04:17 AM
Rules Enforcer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17601
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
Nominated: Eleven Sided Die
Character: Ameya
Game: The Korvosa Chronicles: Curse of the Crimson Throne
GM: Thorsten

Why? Eleven Sided Die is fairly new to the site, but he had impressed me with an application for my game and I decided to pull him along for the ride. And 11D did not let me down. Ameya is a 17-year-old shoanti girl with a traumatic past making a living as a harrow card reader in the slums of Korvosa - not only did this fit so thematically well with the Curse AP that I immediately started to think up possibilities for future events, but 11D actually did a reading prior to writing and used that as a basis for this post.

The adventure starts with each player receiving a summons to a clandestine meeting on the back of a harrow card - 11D made this part of his own harrowing, and managed not only to make something as trivial as flipping cards on a carpet into an interesting read while giving a bit of insight into who Ameya is and what drives her. I am looking forward to how this young girl will evolve over the course of the AP.

Link: Here

Father of a proud baby boy. Expect the next 18+ years to be erratic and/or chaotic.

Last edited by Thorsten; 03-30-2017 at 03:55 AM.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:58 PM
Flying free since 83

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4066
Anazider Anazider Anazider Anazider Anazider Anazider Anazider Anazider Anazider Anazider Anazider
Player: Stitchlipped
Character: Vullze the Anzati Imperial Inquisitor-in-Training
Game: Purge
GM: Melchior

Reason for nomination:

This game is set during the Dark Times of the Star Wars Expanded Universe, a scant two years after the extermination of the Jedi during Order 66. Vullze is among a new class of Inquisitors that are being trained to hunt down the remainder of the Jedi and spread the Emperor's will across the galaxy. Many of these recruits have been ripped from their lives and thrown unprepared into the savagery of Dromund Kaas, where they have to combat monsters corrupted by the dark side and ancient Sith ghosts, all while trying to learn enough about the dark side of the Force so that they can put an end to the Jedi menace once and for all.

The Anzati are the vampires of the Star Wars EU, Stitchlipped has captured the core of the race perfectly. Not only has this been one of the best characterizations of a Vampire PC that I have seen on these boards, but he also combines that characterization with the corrupting influence of the dark side very well.

Link to the Post

Old 03-18-2017, 05:32 PM
Silly Little Rabbit

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4653
Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983
Nominee: Zany
Game: Eyes of the Dragon
DM: Zany

You have to read the spoilers and OODM until the end, in this case, they're really part of the post.

Reason for Nomination:

Eyes of the Dragon is a solo game. A thief has broken into the Greenspire Monastery to steal the magical emerald eyes of Ascendant Dragon, the most important relic of the founder of the monastery, cherished and protected for generations.

Chun-Bai, a monk, wakes up to sounds of alarm and sees someone sneaking into the temple. He follows him and tries to stop him alone. He is at a severe disadvantage, however, and is soon partially paralyzed and poisoned by the invisible thief. Here is the outcome of that combat from the intruder´s perspective.

This post really surprised me as a player reading it. He really had me going.The thief is really unpleasant, which helped to get me involved in an almost visceral way. Reading this post, I was disappointed and sort of upset, and then couldn't help but smile and feel warm inside afterward. It got me engaged and reacting to it emotionally first down and then up. It had the pleasant effect of making me really really motivated.

Link

"But surely they have books, written by their wise ones, which speak of us, who we are, and our great men, towns and cities, lands and crops, flocks and literature, artefacts and warrior code?" "Up to a point, Sheikh Kirkuki", I said, and went to the bookshelf.
Oath of Sangus Sworn

Last edited by Alex1983; 03-18-2017 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:21 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 320
EAKugler EAKugler EAKugler EAKugler
Nominee: wodine
Game: Atlas Comics Presents: The Suicide Squad
Judge: EAKugler
Reason for Nomination: This is the kind of post that I wish every post could be. It includes: background information about the character, the character's inner thoughts, vibrantly described action, and the post adds to the entirety of the game world as a whole, while not being a long and drawn out affair and remains in-game style. It also shows a clear understanding of how to use the PbP format to make a neat package.

This game is set in a pastiche super hero world in the not to distant grim and dark future, utilizing the MSHRPG by TSR.

Link

Haug Geoffsen

Last edited by EAKugler; 03-19-2017 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Tidying up, fixing post...
Old 03-29-2017, 09:46 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1344
stitchlipped stitchlipped stitchlipped stitchlipped stitchlipped stitchlipped stitchlipped stitchlipped stitchlipped stitchlipped
Player: Anazider
Character: Balogun the Lemurian
Game: Primeval Thule: Savage Dawn
GM: Hydra-X

Reason for nomination:

I know it might seem weird that I'm nominating Anazider after he nominated me this month, but I swear this isn't a nepotism thing. You've really just got to read the post see what kind of quality 'zider is capable of putting out there. This is his introductory post to the game, and the party are about to be set upon by thugs on the docks after Balogun's eccentric teacher told these thugs that her pupil is carrying valuable gold and gems. There's a lot of great stuff in this post, from the colourful teaching of Balogun's master, to the insights into his personality, and there's some great descriptions here too. Finally, while the quality of every post in the game has been top notch, this is the one that inspired me to give it my absolute all in my own reply. A post that improves other people's posts has to be worthy of a nomination.

Link to the Post

Check out my blog for hobby-related articles and lots of 5e content.

Last edited by stitchlipped; 03-29-2017 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:45 PM
yvan eht nioj

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6448
irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777
Player: Melchior
Character: DMing as Anazider
Game: Purge
GM: Melchior

Reason for Nomination: I love this post because it's a situation I think a lot of people can relate to, maybe most. Young folk always due it, an inevitable fact of life if you ask me. We burn bridges that we know we'll never need again. Yet without fail, after a few years, or after many years, we find ourselves in need of that One person's help. So we do what we must. Some people crawl back, grovelling for forgivness. Others just act like it's all water under the bridge and deep down they were still always friends, that just didn't talk in forever.

I hope you enjoy the read as much as I did.

Post Link

April 21st, 2017 UPDATE: Work sending me away next week (24th) and laptop will need to be left home with wife Hotel might have it's own computer access, but if not, it'll be 29th-30th before I can post again

Last edited by irishking7777; 04-03-2017 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:12 PM
Ancient Gamer.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 39947
dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth
This thread is now closed....

Show us who did well in April, in the April POTM thread! Nominate your favorites there!
Closed Thread