Dragonclaws

Dragonclaws
Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition
Bringing on a Cataclysm
Sacrifice, Plunder, Infiltration, Fanaticism and, of course, Dragons

"Naught will be left save shattered thrones,
with no rulers but the dead.
Dragons shall rule the world entire. . ."

For years, the evil Cult of the Dragon has devoted itself to creating undead dragons in a vain attempt to fulfill an ancient prophecy. However, the cultists were misguided. They misunderstood. But now, under new leadership, the cult believes that the prophecy does not speak of undead dragons, but of a dragon empire that's been extinct for 25,000 years. Tiamat, the queen of evil dragons, has languished in the Nine Hells for millennia. The cult believes that the time of her return is at hand.

The cult has a new face and a new mission. It seeks to free Tiamat from the Nine Hells and bring her into the Forgotten Realms. To accomplish its goal, the cult needs five ancient dragon masks and the support of evil dragons everywhere. The cult leaders—each one a "dragon whisperer"—have reached out to the evil dragons of the Sword Coast and earned their allegiance.

Meanwhile, evil dragons in partnership with the cult seek to amass a treasure hoard worthy of their dark queen, not by plundering their own hoards (of course) but by stealing money from cities, caravans, good-aligned dragons, merchant ships, and other sources. Their ravenous hunt for treasure throws the Sword Coast into upheaval. Neverwinter, Waterdeep, Baldur's Gate—no city is safe from their depredations.

left-aligned image
Dragonclaws is a re-imagining of Hoard of the Dragon Queen and Rise of TiamatTyranny of Dragons, wherein the players take on the role of low-ranking Cult of the Dragon members, as they attempt to bring back Tiamat from the Nine Hells, and seize power in the Forgotten Realms.

This is, in simple terms, a villain game. In it your characters get to do things that your average hero does not get to do, like arson, pillaging and mass murder - at least not with as little consequences. Some things will, of course, be considered taboo, in accordance with RPG Crossing rules and what the chosen players and the DM are comfortable with.

The campaign spans levels 1-15. Some of the chapters have been made shorter, because the cultists know where they're going and what they're doing, unlike the good guys who have less reliable information. There will also be storylines that explore events that are only hinted at in the books.

Now, who's in for some fun evil times?

What I am looking for are characters, who have chugged down the Cult of the Dragon's Kool-Aid, those who truly believe that the return of Tiamat will bring them what their hearts desire. As always, I want characters who feel real. I do not care if they follow certain stereotypes. They just have to be interesting.

Please include the following in your application:
Name/s: What do we call your character?
Race: All races from the PHB, EEPC, SCAG and Volo's are allowed, but keep in mind that this adventure requires dragon cultists to blend in, so think twice before picking. If you want to play a dragonborn character, I advise you not to pick those with metallic scales. Tiamat does not like Bahamut's kin.
Class: All official classes and archetypes are fine. However, if you use something from Unearthed Arcana, your character will not be allowed to multiclass, to avoid balance issues.
Character Concept: What's the general idea behind your character, and what role do you see him/her/it playing?
Appearance: Tell us what you see with your mind's eye when you envision this character.
Personality: Go beyond the typical one sentence blurb that you see on character sheets. Let us know what your character is like. How do they think? How do they carry themselves? Things like that.
Ideal, Bond and Flaw: Pick from the ones on the PHB or make up your own. All I ask is that these things fit your character.
Background: Show your character's history with a few paragraphs. This should include how your character got into the Cult of the Dragon and why.
Roleplay Sample: Write a little scene to make us understand your character better.

As implied above, characters start at level 1. You will be using the 27-point-buy system to determine their ability scores. Check out Aeternis' guide for tips on creating applications.

Player Character Race Class Concept Notes Reviewed?
Baron Sarin Kevorin "Kev" Chorster Human Fighter Fanatic Barman Complete Yes
BattleFries Alyssandra Cymetria Vivicar Half-Elf Rogue White Lady Complete Yes
Bella Lightfoot Nyla Garrick Rock Gnome Artificer Ambitious Alchemist Complete Yes
delpinator Vanak "Daydreamer" Nugalukane Goliath Warlock Red Wyrm's Pawn WIP -
DreaM Josef Oppenheimer - Wizard Genius Stablehand WIP Yes
Fatgunn Howler Kenku Sorcerer Torturer's Assistant WIP -
gotha Agnes Wildes Human Warlock Haunted Grandmother Complete Yes
In the Mix Venicka Half-Orc Ranger The Seduced Complete Yes
Jasontheswift Thyra Dragonborn Cleric The Interrogator Complete Yes
Kelda Vordred Kohl Tiefling Rogue Cult Operative Complete Yes
Maskain Marluck Rockhelm Half-Orc Fighter/Ranger Devout Slave Complete Yes
Mister N - Tabaxi Ranger False Hero Posted Interest -
Niyaga Szador of House Anteos Human Fighter/Wizard Highborn Arcanist Complete Yes
PopCultureBard Gregori Kelvorikav Dwarf Artificer Gangster Alchemist Complete Yes
Qerps Vaelis Galastacia Wood Elf Monk Ninja Under Contract Complete Yes
Rainbow007 Illistra Demario Half-Elf Cleric Bogus Druid WIP -
Rylus Vesh Un'goro Abyssal Tiefling Paladin Vengeful Savage Complete Yes
Thebadgamer98 Aryn di Tarenti Human Fighter Wayward Dreamer Complete Yes
TheMagnificentGuy Mikhail Vydur Fallen Aasimar Warlock Power-hungry Aristocrat WIP -
tomplum Garroway Putrere Human Sorcerer/Rogue Manipulative Advisor Complete Yes
whimsky Sera'ver "Sera" Aiyto Human Mystic Maiden Healer Complete Yes
Wrathryder Gaz Fleshpiercer Orc Ranger Primeval Tyrant Withdrawn -
Xalos Hatal Vates Moon Elf Bard Dragon Historian Complete Yes
Zandramasa Rowan Desbela Human Monk Initiate Instructor WIP -
Zinrokh Zinrakhan "Born of Ash" Norixius Dragonborn Sorcerer Draconic Supremacist WIP Yes
Yes. You.You - - - - - -
Other Interested Players: Craigthulu, Gulielmos, KKristophDavion and Pendragon

The following contains spoilers for Tyranny of Dragons, things that the average dragon cultist knows. I have included this in the advert to help players create their characters. If you have no intention of joining this game, but you want to play Tyranny of Dragons in the future, don't click the button.

Last edited by Osse; 04-25-2017 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:16 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 152
Valornor Valornor
Sorry, I posted to soon. Turns out this is not my style of game. Best of luck!!!

Last edited by Valornor; 03-31-2017 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:49 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 930
Fatgunn Fatgunn Fatgunn Fatgunn Fatgunn Fatgunn Fatgunn Fatgunn
Bad Birdie
left-aligned image

Name: Howler (Sound of screaming torture victim)
Race: Kenku
Class: Sorceror (Draconic)
Character Concept: Torturer's assistant joins cult in hopes of learning to fly.
Appearance: Standing at 5' 3" Howler is tall for a kenku. More striking than his height is his coloration. Where most kenku are covered in raven-like feathers of deep black, Howler's draconic powers have given his plumage the startling white gleam of a fresh snowbank.
Personality: Howler was raised by a torturer and it shows. While not particularly cruel, he is largely indifferent to the suffering of others and is more than willing to exploit it for his own gain. He long ago lost the urge to shy away from the gore and viscera that was the byproduct of his master's craft, and instead became obsessed with removing it. Howler is meticulously clean. No earthly filth may besmirch his pristine feathers.
Ideal: My goal is worth any price, especially if somebody else pays it.
Bond: I escaped servitude by robbing an important person, and I'm wanted for it.
Flaw: I remember every insult I've received and nurse a silent resentment toward anyone who's ever wronged me.

Last edited by Fatgunn; 04-07-2017 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:38 PM
Gummy Bear Expert

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 299
TheMagnificentGuy TheMagnificentGuy TheMagnificentGuy
WIP
Mikhail Vydur
"You merely adopted darkness. I was born into it."

right-aligned image
Race: Fallen Aasimar (Volo’s)

Class: Warlock (Fiend/Tome)

Character Concept: Mikhail, descended from a long line of dark aasimar aristocrats that had bound themselves by pact to the I'm thinking Zariel would make a good fit but I'm uncertain if that would be an issue with this campaign so I've left it vague for now.Nine Hell’s, has grown contempt for what he sees as complacency in his family. He strives for such absolute power as to rid himself of the strings which keep him subservient to the “powers beneath him.” Tiamat is his path towards that power.

Appearance: At day, under the bright rays of the sun, Mikhail appears quite handsome. His face is lean, but with a strong jaw and his dark eyes seem to shimmer with a bit of gold. His hair is dark with a hue of silver and always well kept. He carries himself gracefully and adorns himself in the finest of clothing. His angelic heritage, although many generations removed, still shows itself. However, as he steps through the shadows and the darkness touches his face, his true nature is revealed. It is subtle but to the steadfast observer his eyes appear somewhat sunken and hollow, his face hangs slightly gaunt and pale, and his hair is pitch black without its trace of silver. He may be descended from angels, but there is nothing angelic about him.

Personality: Though it is never outwardly displayed, Mikhail has little regard for those beneath him in the spectrum of power. Unless he sees someone having some usefulness to himself they are ignored, or perhaps worse if they find themselves in his way. For those who he does see as a rung on the ladder he can be quite charming, almost endearing. His family had traditionally embraced the sword but Mikhail had never taken a liking to it. Instead he is quite studious, having read through every book in his father’s library at least once and sees the brutish tradition of warriors as uncivilized. His studies have made him a fanatical follower of the Cult of Dragons, believing that it is the most logical path towards the power that he seeks. Unfortunately his feeling of superiority coupled with his intellect leave him overconfident in his abilities.

Ideal: Power - If I can attain absolute power, I will answer to no one.
Bond: I am prepared for any challenge if it will win the approval of my superiors and further my agenda.
Flaw: My overconfidence blinds me.

Backstory: WIP

Roleplay Sample: WIP

Last edited by TheMagnificentGuy; 04-03-2017 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:19 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1481
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Name:Vanak Daydreamer Nugalukane
Race: Goliath
Class: warlock(fiend/blade)
Character Concept: Goliath makes a pact with a great red wyrm to make strength greater. Must seek loot to offer as tribute.
Appearance: He stands around 8 feet in height and looks thick. He has tattoos of red dragons across his body telling of great victory. He wears simple clothing in gray hues.
Personality:
traits: I’m driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home. I like to prove my strength to others.
Ideal:The strongest are meant to rule.
Bond I must bring great treasures as tribute to the great wyrm.
Flaw: I remember every insult I’ve received and seek revenge toward anyone who’s ever wronged me.
Background: Vanak was born in the wild within a tribe of Goliaths. His father was a fighter and mother a weaver. He sought to prove his strength to his father but always seemed to fail his father. He even gained the tribe name of day dreamer as many viewed him to be useless in battle and failed to complete his quest to be considered a man.

Vanak met with a great red wyrm to seek power and to never be seen as week again. The dragon laughed. He eventually agreed though as it could be a beneficial way for the wyrm to gather gold without having to leave his lair. He sent Vanak off to seek gold though prior to doing so he taught him to burning handsbreath fire and command spellcommand other to follow his will. A weird trick vanak seemed to learn after he left was that he seemed to feel stronger and healthier after slaying creatures in name of the dragon.

He learned of the followers of Tiamat. It is said that Tiamat seeks to overthrow the Gods. Perhaps by aligning himself with him, he will gain strength to defeat the gods or become one himself. He then learns that his Patron has also sought to align himself with Tiamat to gather gold to bring Tiamat from the nine hells.
Roleplay Sample: Write a little scene to make us understand your character better.

Last edited by delpinator; 04-01-2017 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:43 AM
Shade Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3231
Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain
Marluck, the Devout Slave
right-aligned image
Name: Marluck Rockhelm, once known as Marluck the Grim
Race: Half-Orc
Class: First level is Fighter (for heavy armor) then multiclass to Ranger for the restRanger: Horde Hunter
Character Concept: Marluck is a devout of Tiamat that represents the brainwashing aspect of the cult. He once was a hired killer, but was left behind by his gang when they were robbing the cult back in his hay day. Since then he was a slave that worked for the cult for around four decades until he was given minor freedoms when he proved his devoutness to Tiamat in a slave revolt by killing the traitors and capturing the weakest.
Appearance: He is a tall half-orc that is without much of the heft and burliness that half-orcs are known for due to his deprivation of food. Lengthy, graying black hair drapes over his face, unkempt and slick as he has lost a great many desires for cleanliness, which shows further with his grimy armor. His sickly green body is armored in rusting splint plates and patchy leathers given to him by the cult which is nicked and shredded from it's previous owners battles, held together nicely with the patchwork he has put into it. Atop his forehead is a black brand that marks all slaves of the cult.
Personality: Marluck drapes himself against something always, looking to hold himself up with the sturdiness of other objects. His gaze can rip across a room and he pockets the information he gets now rather than coin he could be getting. Information is always vital to him, even that of the people he knows. Traitors walk among you, always. When desperate or cornered the half-orc will spring, running and dodging rather than ripping and tearing as he used to. When in the presence of his superiors he will maintain his standard stance with a stronger disposition towards appearing capable as if they don't need him anymore as a soldier, he could return to his past.
Ideal: Caste. Those higher and lower than me are there for a reason, there is no cog that can break the wheel of power.
Bond: I was abandoned by my gang and used as a slave to the cult of Tiamat; With enough time and opportunities I have become one of their devout followers.
Flaw: Due to my forced imprisonment for the past few decades I have lost my willingness to talk, and that's too bad, because I am not literate either. I also have terrible memories of my time in chains and can become crippled by them.
Background:

Roleplay Sample:

Last edited by Maskain; 04-15-2017 at 02:25 AM. Reason: detailed class progression, secondary sample, background
Old 04-01-2017, 12:47 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1406
Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos
Oh very intriguing and will need to look at my books.

Are you a Pathfinder GM? Join the team at Eternity's End
Old 04-01-2017, 08:28 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1617
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
ive got an idea for a tiefling paladin...
Old 04-01-2017, 10:11 AM
Unironic Dew Connoisseur

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 171
Rainbow007 Rainbow007
Illistra of the GreenName:Illistra Demario, aka Illistra of the Green
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Cleric (Trickery)
Concept: Androgynous half-elf dragon worshiper who pretends too be a druid.

More to come obviously.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:09 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14552
Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu
An evil campaign. Colour me interested.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:54 PM
A Cynical Instrumentalist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2873
KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion
Oh, hey there Osse, I'll shoot up an app next week depending on how some of my other apps go.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:42 PM
Chocolate Chips

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2008
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
Oh look! I've been invited to another Osse game.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1217
Qerps Qerps Qerps Qerps Qerps Qerps Qerps Qerps Qerps
Name: Vaelis Galastacia
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Monk (Way of the Shadow)
Background: Urban Bounty Hunter

Character Concept: Ninja from a super-secret assassin cult hired by Cult of the Dragon for some dirty work.

Appearance:
Shadowdancer by anndr
Tall and slender, Vaelis does not appear to differ from the average Elf. His copper coloured skin, jet black hair and dark green eyes marking him as a Wood Elf for those knowledgeable enough to keep the different Elves apart. When given a choice, he prefers comfortable, loose clothing in dark browns and greens. When dressed for war, he prefers to arm himself with two shortswords and an Elven longbow. If need be though, he can walk into danger unarmed and still be a dangerous foe.

Personality:
Vaelis prefers to keep things simple. Find the easiest way to your goal and go for it. If anyone stands in your way, either go around them or go through them. He can be patient if needed – he is an Elf after all and time is something that he has plenty of – and he does not mind scouting or planning before an assault. Diplomacy and political machinations are lost on him though. He will endure them if he must, but they cannot hold his attention. For him, his body is a weapon, a blade made to cut. His willpower is the tempering that strengthens it. His intelligence is whetstone that sharpens it. Anything else is a distraction.

Trait: I always keep my cool, no matter how hot things get.
Trait: Talking is for other people. I prefer action.
Ideal: A healthy mind in a healthy body, a stout heart that has no fear of death and deems length of days the least of Nature's gifts that can endure any kind of toil.
Bond: The Contract will be upheld, both signed and executed in blood.
Flaw: I have high expectations of others, and even more so of myself.

Background/Roleplay Sample:
Cross-legged, in the shadow of a tree, Vaelis sat. Motionless. Meditating. Waiting. While some joined The Family at a later age, he had been a part of it for as far as his memories went. His earliest memories were about playing with sticks, running around, climbing trees... learning how to meditate to overcome the pain of a scraped knee. Even as a child – fun as though the games may have been – he had been set upon the path of a Family member. Over the years, the games turned into training. The training turned into survival. It all became more intense, more serious, more dangerous, even deadly at times.

And now, finally, he had been given his first assignment. It was to be his initiation, his official joining as a full-fledged member of the Family. The Family had called upon him to fulfil his duty, to complete a Contract. Someone had need of their skills, had managed to contact them and paid for his services. Vaelis was had gladly accepted this honour.

Now, his patience was being tried. Five times now the sun had set and still nobody had shown up at the agreed location. He was used to waiting, but this time it required all his mental strength to suppress his impatience. He had waited years for this moment without issue, but now that he knew that he was chosen, every hour of waiting brought only anxiousness. Worse, he had not anticipated his employer would take this long to arrive and he was starting to run low on supplies. He could go without food for a while, but water would soon become an issue despite his rationing and he could not leave this place for risk of missing his appointment. He considered it a lesson for the next time, but for now, he would endure no matter what.

The noise of shuffling feet across fallen leaves suddenly caught his attention. He was no longer alone. He opened his eyes and turned his head towards the sound. It seemed his wait was over. He remained seated and waited for the stranger to approach. The humanoid that entered the clearing was wearing blue silk robes, flowing behind him as he walked. Upon his face was a blue scaled mask with frilled ears and with ridged horn adorning the centre. Without saying a word, the masked humanoid drew a dagger from his robes. With a swift motion, he made a small cut in the palm of his hand and offered the bloodied hand. Smoothly, Vaelis rose from his seated position. He drew one of his swords just a few inches from the sheath with his left hand and pushed his right hand against the edge. Now, with a bloodied hand of his own, he gave the masked man a firm handshake.

The Contract was signed.

Last edited by Qerps; 04-20-2017 at 02:44 AM.
Old 04-01-2017, 07:00 PM
Former King of Antwerpen

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 151
Thebadgamer98 Thebadgamer98
A dashing criminalNames: Aryn di Tarenti

Race: Human

Class: Fighter

Character Concept: Aryn is a young man with large dreams. He wants to make his name known the world over, whatever it may take. Aryn's attentions tend to center around himself, with little regard to the people around him and what effect his actions may have on them.

Appearance: Aryn stands about 5 foot 10 inches tall, With thick jet black hair, and a clean shaven face that shows off his jawline. His physique is that of an athlete, for he is often pushing himself to the physical extremes which has made him strong and capable, as well as a hit with the ladies. Aryn enjoys dressing in colorful clothing, popular among the younger crowd he associates with. But when he is working, Aryn always wears very simple clothing supplemented with a hooded cloak, nothing that would stand out in a crowd.

Personality: Aryn is self centered. He's never much worried about others, except for what they can help him accomplish. He enjoys late nights at a tavern filled with joyous participants, especially buxom young women. Aryn has always desired power, and the goal of the attaining it is first and foremost in his mind, the ruthlessness apparent in his willingness to destroy others to push closer towards his final goal reflects the sort of man he is.

Ideal: Power. If I can attain more power, no one will tell me what to do.

Bond: I idolize a hero of the old tales and measure my deeds against that person's.

Flaw: I can't resist a pretty face.

Background: Aryn grew up in a well-off family, his father worked at the Arentino Bank, and his mother stayed home to raise their children. Aryn and his father never saw eye to eye, with his father wanting him to be bank accountant just as he was. This infuriated Aryn from a young age, as he was a child who yearned for adventure and glory. As he grew, his father tried to push him more and more into an education for banking, which only made Aryn an angrier young and separated them even more. When, finally, Aryn had reached his twentieth year he had taken all that he could, and decided to leave his family behind. With a heartfelt goodbye to his mother, the only person he's every truly cared about, Aryn snuck out without his father's knowledge and used his knowledge of the facilities at the Arentino Bank to make off with good amount of gold, which allowed him to get far from home and live large.

Before long though he had burned through this wealth and turned to banditry, making a living as a highwayman. Aryn was good at it, too. He remained gentlemanly as much as possible. Respected the men, flirted endlessly with the women. Aryn enjoyed this life for awhile before the local authorities turned their attentions towards him, forcing him to set down the life of a highwayman for awhile and instead move into one of the large cities, where he made money doing whatever needed done. Assassinations, robberies, kidnapping even, Aryn was willing to do it for the right amount of coin. After a while of this trade, authorities again began to notice Aryn, making his dealings all but impossible under such strenuous searching for him. Before long, though, Aryn was approached by a strange man who offered him a reprieve from the constant hunting of the authorities, the man offered him safety and shelter, within the Cult of the Dragon. After some consideration, Aryn accepted this offer, deciding that he could use it as a stepping stone to even greater power.

Roleplay Sample: The tavern was by no means crowded, with a small fire burning in the hearth to keep the building warm from the night chill outside. The patrons of this tavern kept to themselves, and minded their own business. These attributes made it the perfect place for Aryn to organize his meetings. Today's meeting was with a man who believed his wife was cheating on him, and wanted revenge against both her and the man she was cheating with. Aryn knew this was likely to be an easy job, he could likely ascertain the location of the woman's lover from her without too much difficulty, or pain.

As Aryn sat in the back corner of the room, his hood raised over his head, and enjoyed a simple ale, he saw the man enter the room and quickly make a beeline for him. Aryn waved the bartender to bring two more drinks and sat upright in his chair, preparing to hear the man's offer, "fifty gold pieces" said the man as he sat, paying no mind to the drink the bartender had sat in front of him. "fifty gold pieces for each of them, and I want them to suffer." Aryn enjoys the man straightfoward attitude, and evenly responded "Consider it done."

As Aryn approached the man's house, he realized his job would be even easier than he had expected as he could hear the sounds of lovemaking from the alley below the main bedchambers. He made his way to back door, to which a key had been given to Aryn by the man who hired him, and quietly made his way inside. The pair upstairs shook the house slightly with every thrust of affection between them. Aryn made his way up the stairs and towards the bedchambers. As he reached the door, he drew his hand crossbow, loading a bolt and then drawing his rapier from it's leather sheath. As he prepared his weapons, he noticed their lovemaking had come to a stop, and then peered into the room to see the laying together on the bed, the woman hugging against the man's cheat and twirling his chest hairs in her fingers. Aryn waited a moment and, as expected, the gentleman withdrew himself from the room, promising to return shortly. Aryn waited around the corner from the room and waited for the man to walk by, where then he effortlessly slid his blade through the back of the man's neck, sending him to the ground lifelessly. Aryn then turned, and walked into the room, where upon he saw the woman lying sprawled comfortably in the bed. She had a beautifully luscious body, and Aryn thought it a shame to see her dead. He quickly shrugged off the feelings as he sent a bolt from his crossbow into her heart and remembered that a job is a job, and he could find another beautiful woman quite easily with a hundred gold pieces in his purse.
-Destroyer of The Helm

Last edited by Thebadgamer98; 04-04-2017 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Necessary tune up
Old 04-01-2017, 07:50 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1617
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Name/s: Vesh Un'goro
Race: Tiefling (AbyssalVariant)
Class: Paladin (Oath of Vengeance)
Character Concept: A fallen paladin who wants to amass as much power as possible to take his retribution to the god who have forsaken him. I see Vesh as the beast that is unleashed when the cult needs something or someone utterly destroyed, most see him as nothing but an engine of destruction but there is a cunning hidden under that. (Melee dps, CC)

Appearance: Vesh stands the same height as a normal human, around five foot eight. His body isn't physically impressive at a glance as his true muscle doesn't show. His eyes are a silver blue in color but hold only the promise of pain and utter destruction for those that cross him. His hair is cut short and spiked with give him a truly unfriendly look with the horns that curve up and back. His skin is a deep red in color with many scars but those are hidden underneath the set of chain-mail armor.

The chain-mail was stained black in the forging process and holds the symbol of Helm on the chest that has been marred so much that is nearly unrecognizable. A huge sword hangs from a half scabbard on his back, the blade looks normal if a bit red as its stained in blood, but the hilt is made of black onyx and holds a silver gem in the pommel.

Personality: Vesh is cold to everyone, he is stern and very hard to get a smile from unless you happen to be hanging off the end of his blade screaming. He resents the gods as in his mind they did not protect the ones he loved while he was away serving them. He is quick to insult anyone who is religious, mocking them for following a being that has no real power other than to trick their followers.

Ideal, Bond and Flaw: Power- If I can attain more power, no one will tell me what to do. (Evil), Bond- My loyalty was to my family and god but i was betrayed and my family taken from be...i will have revenge., Flaw- I too often hear veiled insults and threats in every word addressed to me. I dont like to harm women and children, it often interferes with my orders.

Background:

Roleplay Sample: The sun was an hour from rising and Vesh tossed and turned in his bed as the nightmares gripped him. When the acolyte reached to wake him Vesh sprang forward, his great sword now in one hand while the other held the terrified acolyte against the wall. Vesh issued a low growl and that's all that was needed as a wet spot appeared on the acolytes robes and a pool of liquid form on the ground under him. It was the voice from the door that saved the acolytes life, a Dragonfang Vesh knew told him to put the boy down. Vesh released the boy who dashed for the door as soon as his feet hit the floor only to be caught by the Dragonfang "Don't do that again if you value your life, if i hadn't been here he would have killed you." the acolyte nodded and then hurried off into the darkness. The Dragonfang stepped into the room then "You need to relax a little Vesh, if you would have killed that one there would have been problems for you. Now you have a mission lets go." the last words were command and the words echoed in Vesh's mind for a moment as he turned to the Dragonfang and nods "So be it." came the whispered words and the Dragonfang snickered as he turned to leave, stopping at the door and saying over his shoulder "Oh, the mission has to do with the church of helm." and then he continued off leaving Vesh alone in the now candle lit room. Even in the shadows seemed to outline the smile that crept over Vesh's face and although it was nothing more than a whisper his words seemed to echo in the room as he pulled on the last of his armor "Vengeance."

Last edited by Rylus; 04-14-2017 at 11:54 PM.