RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-26-2017, 11:39 PM
Agrudez's Avatar
Agrudez Agrudez is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-16-2019
RPXP: 3969
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Posts: 10,282
Game Wide Event #1: The Dragon's Den

initnamehpstatus
xBeren35/3516 AC, 3/3 rages
xOxandren29/2918+2 AC, HK feat, 3/3 lvl 1 slots
xZula28/2816 AC, PA feat
xVulgaris35/3515+2 AC, 3/3 rages
xKallian28/2818+2 AC, 4/4 sup dice
xEllias24/2415 AC, 3/3 lvl 1 slots, 1/1 warlock slots, BI 3/3
xAldo24/2415 AC, 2/2 lvl 1 slotss
xAzure24/2417+2 AC, WC feat, 4/4 lvl 1 slots, 2/2 lvl 2 slots, 1/1 CD
xAegolor26/2616+2 AC, 2/2 warlock slots, 1/1 HB curse
xVaos17/1715 AC, 2/2 BS, 4/4 lvl 1 slots, 2/2 lvl 2 slots
xBezinaar23/2315 AC, 4/4 lvl 1 slots, 2/2 lvl 2 slots, 3/3 SP
xFoibel24/2415 AC

Bezinaar - lvl 3 sorcerer
Aegolor - lvl 3 warlock
Zula - lvl 3 fighter
Vaos - lvl 3 wizard
Oxandren - lvl 3 paladin/sorcerer
Kallian - lvl 3 fighter
Azure - lvl 3 cleric
Foibel - lvl 3 rouge
Ellias - lvl 3 bard/warlock
Aldo - lvl 3 rogue
Beren - lvl 3 barbarian
Vulgaris - lvl 3 barbarian

-----

As the adventurers all begin to funnel back to town from the respective expeditions of varying success - they can immediately sense the despondency in the air. Those with contacts in Old Town learned quickly what had happened and immediately begin to distribute the information amongst their adventuring peers.

A dragon had attacked Old Town.

Apparently, the wyrm had been terrorizing the country side for some time and this was its first time attacking the city; however, fear quickly spread that it would not be its last - unless someone was brave enough to stop it. Thus far, no one had been. The burning wreckage included (but was not limited to): one of Lucky's many illegal gaming halls, the marketplace where Kallian had first met his new "crew", the bar that Aegolor found his father's friend in and the home of the old woman associated with the werewolf's family. Anyone interested in learning more of what happened was directed to this area - or their respective potential connections within the city.

Back in High Town, the city guard (including Bezinaar's "friend" from within their ranks as well as those whom chased Aldo and praised Ellias in the pair's recent failed robbery attempt) was on high alert. Not only were they watching the skies in preparation for another attack, but they were also - according to rumor - looking to recruit adventurers brave enough to face the beast on word from the leadership of the city. Whispers of a reward circulated through the air, but none spoke openly about it - apparently those posting it intended for only those sincere in their pursuit of the beast to hear. Anyone interested in learning more of the request for aid was directed to the area outside the city council building - or their respective potential connections within the city.

Information:
1) The beast destroyed an entire building with just the swipe of a tail (Mr. Lucky's henchman to Foibel and Kallian's thugs to Kallian)
2) The beast flew off towards the North after the attack (Mr. Lucky's henchman to Foibel)
3) The beast was big enough to "block the sun" (Kallian's thugs to Kallian)
4) The beast was capable of emitting some sort of 'breath attack' (Kallian's thugs to Kallian)
5) The beast was "dark" in color - possibly either black, blue or green (Kallian's thugs to Kallian and Mr. Lucky's henchman to Foibel)
6) The beast was not alone. It was accompanied by at least one other creature - small enough to fit inside of a small house and claw/bite a woman to death (Oxandren's investigation of the old woman's home)
7) There were multiple smaller beasts with roughly 1 foot wide/long footprints, claws and wings (Vaos' search of the surrounding area outside of the old woman's home)
8) The beast likely is making its home to the North in the mountains in a cave called 'Blind Man's Hollow' (The city council scribe to Aegolor)
9) The beast was likely either black or blue (The city council scribe to Aegolor)

Rewards:
Hill Giants + Blue Dragon Wyrmlings:
250 exp per
2850 gold
3 blue dragon fangs (to be used to craft items after the event)

__________________

Last edited by Agrudez; 08-25-2017 at 11:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-26-2017, 11:54 PM
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-17-2019
RPXP: 940
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
Posts: 1,245
Azure immediately heads to the brewery. Is it ok? Oh sweet amber gold. Can anything be saved?

In a fit of anger, Azure kicks a smouldering pile of debris. Embers scatter and dance on the hot air. No one messes with my beer. No one messes with my town!
He stomps out of the brewery and corners the nearest guard, grabbing the front of his tunic. Enraged, the cleric roars
"Where do I get my revenge!?!?"
A shakey hand point to the city council building.
Azure grunts and pounds the cobbles underfoot to the council building to sign up for some dragon slaying.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-27-2017, 11:36 AM
Chaoticinsignia's Avatar
Chaoticinsignia Chaoticinsignia is offline
Bahamut's Finest
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-24-2019
RPXP: 467
Chaoticinsignia Chaoticinsignia Chaoticinsignia Chaoticinsignia Chaoticinsignia
Posts: 1,537
~Upon hearing the news of the dragon strikes, Bezinaar made his way to the site of the attacks. He hadn't traveled through Old Town previously, and the sights and sounds were immediately jarring to him in contrast to the pristine High Town. He walked purposefully through the streets, scanning the area as if looking for something.
__________________

Last edited by Chaoticinsignia; 07-27-2017 at 01:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-27-2017, 01:42 PM
Fadonsuded Fadonsuded is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-20-2018
RPXP: 806
Fadonsuded Fadonsuded Fadonsuded Fadonsuded Fadonsuded Fadonsuded Fadonsuded
Posts: 1,719
AegolorAegolor runs through the streets, heading to the tavern where he and his acquaintance were staying. Signs of destruction and recently put out fires dot his route. A dragon! And just when I was away to explore the new dungeon. Could it be related? He prays to Corellon that his acquaintance was safe and unharmed.


OOCDid we ever establish the guy's name? If not, how about Zumar Wyvernspur? Got it off a random name generator.
__________________
If you are ever waiting on a post from me, feel free to auto my character.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-27-2017, 01:48 PM
TheFreakke's Avatar
TheFreakke TheFreakke is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-08-2019
RPXP: 116
TheFreakke TheFreakke
Posts: 362
Vulgaris looksto the damage done for signs pointing to the dragons type. In particular curious as to what the dragon breathes and the size or the beast.

Knowledge Nature
Dice Roll:
1d20+2 (6)+2 Total = 8
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-27-2017, 02:03 PM
Auld's Avatar
Auld Auld is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-09-2017
RPXP: 159
Auld Auld
Posts: 610
BerenAs he made his way through the Old Town in order to inspect the damage, Beren ran into Azure, who was headed the other way, wearing a grim expression. Wordlessly, Beren fell into step beside him, and they both headed toward the city council building.
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-27-2017, 03:28 PM
FriarVaos's Avatar
FriarVaos FriarVaos is offline
Dovie'andi se tovya sagai
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-30-2018
RPXP: 103
FriarVaos FriarVaos
Posts: 999
Vaos and OxandrenVaos and Oxandren make their way through old town and look for the old lady they met when returning the belongings of the dead werewolf. Maybe she can shed some light on what happened here and what needs to be done.
__________________
DM: Sephoria: Old Discoveries Co-DM: Dungeon Dive! (Always looking for more players)
Player: Vaos Vell (Dungeon Dive!)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-27-2017, 04:10 PM
Agrudez's Avatar
Agrudez Agrudez is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-16-2019
RPXP: 3969
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Posts: 10,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foibel View Post
After crawling out of the stone dungeon and wiping the dust from his clothes Foibel heads into Oldtown to locate Lucky and his men and find out if they need any help after hearing about the dragon attack. He heads right past his favorite poker table and asks the pit boss quietly if he can talk to lucky or his lieutenant about the dragon attack in the hopes of gathering as much information as he can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkieP View Post
Kallian
Upon returning to town, Kallian was eager to head to Old Town and find out if there had been any progress with recruitment, or even better if there had been a reason to find someone else to fight.

However, fortune and favour was not on his side, as he heard of a dragon attack on the city, and the description of where it had happened rang far too true to the locations he'd visited the rogues in. His mind immediately set to concern I've invested too much time, money and blood to see it go up in smoke... Literal smoke! and he hurried to see if he could find his way to as close as he was able, and potentially find one of his shady contacts.

Though the streets were full of people still fleeing the area, his scowl, his armour and his hand never straying too far from his sword hilt at his hip lead him to have some ability to progress through the crowd.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-27-2017, 04:28 PM
Agrudez's Avatar
Agrudez Agrudez is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-16-2019
RPXP: 3969
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Posts: 10,282
Azure and Beren
The guards are surprised by the angry human's rampage. Once calmed, they try to ask him if he lost a loved one in the attack, but eventually they learn the reason was the destroyed liquor. Stifling laughs, the pair graciously accept the cleric's offer of aid - though they suggest that he endeavor to find some more to assist him lest he walk directly into his sure death.

Luckily for him, it didn't take long for the cleric to bump into his friend Beren and the pair headed for the city council building. Once inside, they were amazed at what a madhouse it was, with people frantically running to and fro.

-----

Bezinaar and Vulgaris
In a bout of irony, the once looked down upon in High Town dragonborn moved through Old Town and... looked down upon it. Perhaps he would fill in well in a "middle town"? As he passed through the area, he saw that it increasingly became poorer the deeper he went. Eventually, he came to the area that the attack had occurred and found it largely deserted. A few buildings all in a row had large holes in their roof and a few more around them had been completely demolished. The stench of blood filled the air and the sight littered the street outside these buildings. It seemed as if the attack had occurred some time ago (enough for the area to be deserted), but not long enough ago that the clean-up had commenced. Perhaps the town was still in shock - or superstitiously sought to avoid the area.

Eventually, Vulgaris walks up to join the sorcerer in examining the site - though he can't discern much about the beast from the attack with his limited knowledge of dragons.

-----

Aegolor
Aegolor rushed to the inn where he had left Zumar and found the man peacefully sleeping another one off. After some familiar shaking, the man groggily opened his eyes.

Wha-...oh... it's you - back again. Any luck with Lucky, yet?

-----

Vaos and Oxandren
The pair of Vaos and Oxandren made their way to the sight of the devastation and were immediately taken aback by the damage that had been wrought. As they asked around about the old woman, they were solemnly directed to one of the buildings in the center of the wreckage. As Oxandren kicked in the badly damaged door, Vaos could see the light from above pouring into the house from its no longer existent roof. And inside... blood spattered the walls and floor.

-----

Foibel
As Foibel enters the gaming hall, he can immediately tell that it has a different atmosphere than usual. No one was inside gambling and those who were there stared at the Halfling with stern eyes. From the back of the building he could hear yelling. Pushing through, he entered the room where he had played his high stakes game of poker earlier and saw the man he had played with - whom had been very calm and mild-mannered during their last meeting - yelling at a young looking male holding a book and quill.

... lost how much?!

As Foibel cleared his throat to make his presence known, the pair turned to face him.

-----

Kallian
It didn't take long for Kallian to bump into his 'men' - whom had swelled by one (ironically, the man Kallian had saved in the bar) in his absence.

B-b-boss... didja 'ear?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-27-2017, 04:33 PM
Foibel's Avatar
Foibel Foibel is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-16-2019
RPXP: 1704
Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel
Posts: 4,822
"I heard a dragon attacked. Tell me all you know and I'll go after the beast. Adventurers are already on the move to hunt it to its lair, but the more you tell me the better chance I have in helping take it down. I also heard you lost one of your locations in the attack, we'll get that business back and more if you can say that Lucky helped support the expedition to destroy the monster. Return on that investment and the good will of the town could do wonders..." Foibel says to his former high-stakes opponent.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-27-2017, 04:54 PM
Fadonsuded Fadonsuded is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-20-2018
RPXP: 806
Fadonsuded Fadonsuded Fadonsuded Fadonsuded Fadonsuded Fadonsuded Fadonsuded
Posts: 1,719
AegolorAegolor stops his shaking and sighs a breath of relief. "No. I just got back from the dungeons. Are you alright? I heard there was a dragon attack!"
__________________
If you are ever waiting on a post from me, feel free to auto my character.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-27-2017, 05:03 PM
FriarVaos's Avatar
FriarVaos FriarVaos is offline
Dovie'andi se tovya sagai
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-30-2018
RPXP: 103
FriarVaos FriarVaos
Posts: 999
Vaos and OxandrenVaos and Oxandren assume the worse and investigate the area to find any clues of what happened. What creature did this?
__________________
DM: Sephoria: Old Discoveries Co-DM: Dungeon Dive! (Always looking for more players)
Player: Vaos Vell (Dungeon Dive!)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-27-2017, 05:06 PM
ClarkieP's Avatar
ClarkieP ClarkieP is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-09-2019
RPXP: 532
ClarkieP ClarkieP ClarkieP ClarkieP ClarkieP ClarkieP
Posts: 1,364
KallianGreeting his pack of rogues, and giving a hearty pat on the shoulder to his new recruit. " It's kind of hard not to hear. But I was away when it happened. So, firstly" with this he rubs two fingers together in the traditional gesture of 'Money Please' " I'm sure we have the regular matters to sort, and I will be expecting a report of how things are going on that end after all this is over. But for now, what details do you have? Anything that could help us to fight the beast?"
__________________
Characters: Kallian - Dungeon Dive: Thumper of Tubs || Dreortir - Vuulhalt: Bravo Team|| Hewlett - FPCCHS
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-27-2017, 05:50 PM
Chaoticinsignia's Avatar
Chaoticinsignia Chaoticinsignia is offline
Bahamut's Finest
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-24-2019
RPXP: 467
Chaoticinsignia Chaoticinsignia Chaoticinsignia Chaoticinsignia Chaoticinsignia
Posts: 1,537
OOC
 
__________________

Last edited by Chaoticinsignia; 07-27-2017 at 05:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-27-2017, 06:19 PM
Agrudez's Avatar
Agrudez Agrudez is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-16-2019
RPXP: 3969
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Posts: 10,282
Foibel
The man takes a deep breath to internalize his anger from before and returns to the present moment with his calm veneer in tact once more.

You seek to hunt the beast, you say? I can't tell if that is foolish or brave, but either way I wish you luck. As you've seemingly heard, the monster destroyed one of Mr. Lucky's off the books establishments. This happening so soon after your... friend... trashed the other one has Mr. Lucky in a... less than happy mood.

The man sighs and waves off the younger man whom had been keeping the ledger.

You ask for information... but I am delighted to say that I was not there at the time of the attack - lest I may not be standing here at all. I did; however, see the beast flying off towards the North - to give an idea of how one might track its lair. I also inspected the devastation at the establishment afterward... and from that I can tell you that the beast is a marvel of destructive capability. The entire building was collapsed, they say, from a mere swipe of his tail.

The man shudders at the thought.

As for this good will you speak of... Mr. Lucky isn't one to seek such things. His business model doesn't exactly depend on it, after all. Never let it be said; however, that he is a man that does not enjoy his revenge - for I know all too well that he does. And right now... revenge against this beast would be a sweet song to his ears.

He reaches into his shirt and pulls out a small sack and then tosses it at Foibel. The rogue balances it in his hands for a moment - estimating that it is 100 gp.

Take that to the market... buy poison or traps or poisoned traps - whatever you think best for such a job. And if you do, somehow, manage to kill this monstrosity, Mr. Lucky will take solace in his contribution to the deed.

-----

Aegolor
The man sits straight up in his bed.

A dragon?!

His wide eyed expression quickly turns to a look of pain; however, as he buries his head in his hands and begins to rub his temples.

I had no idea... I suppose its true what they say: a drunk sleeps more deeply than the dead.

He laughs - which causes him to start into a cough.

Ah, I'm fine lad - thank you for checking in on me. I'm thankful to say that I didn't know anything about it.

He walks over to his window and shields his eyes from the light with one hand as he draws the curtains. Outside, in the distance, a plume of smoldering smoke can be seen from where the destruction had occurred - the sight causing Zumar to drop to his knees.

Smitty's?! It destroyed Smitty's?!

The man broke out into deep, heavy, pitiful sobs at the realization that his favorite bar had been destroyed.

-----

Vaos and Oxandren
Vaos and Oxandren begin to investigate the house and quickly find the source of the awful smell that had assaulted them since they arrived as the sight of the woman they had spoken to earlier - well, half of the woman they had spoken to earlier - came into view.

OOC: Need some rolls for your investigation

-----

Kallian
The men exchange nervous looks.

Uh... boss... te dragon attack... uh...

Another man interjects.

We was doin' good in our collections, but te dragon attack caught us off guard when we was down there. Running for our lives we dropped te coins... and wit te state o' things since we haven't been able te get things going 'gain.

An awkward silence commences before the first man speaks up again.

But we do be havin' information fer ye! Though I hope ye dun be 'xpectin' us te be fightin' te beast...

After assuring him that he doesn't, the man continues.

Like 'e said, we was in te area when te attack started makin' our rounds. Suddenly, te whole sky turned black like it was 'bout te rain, but when we looked up there weren't no clouds. 'Stead, it was a huge beast - blocking te sun wit its massive wings. It swooped down and knocked an entire buildin' o'er wit its tail before heading back up. We saw it hover in te air for a moment and then unleash its breath, but we didn' stick 'round te watch it - we ran!

-----

Bezinaar
Bezinaar takes a look around at the damage with Vulgaris and thinks maybe it was a pack of feral swallows.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:33 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB