Notices

Old 10-31-2017, 12:52 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 313
Shakram Shakram Shakram Shakram
Out Of Character Conversations Talk About Anything

Here we post out of character and communicate outside of the game.

Please Try Not To METAGAME:

Last edited by Shakram; 10-23-2018 at 09:53 PM.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:28 AM
Lord Inquisitor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3481
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
Wassup

I noticed that you mention animating bodies with positive energy, isn't that what a raise dead is? I mean I thought positive energy brings things back to life as it is the life energy.

And a second thought. Are you also saying I can change fireballs and lightning bolts to negative energy balls and bolts?

Last edited by Unforgiven; 10-31-2017 at 01:38 AM.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:53 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5017
Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur
Hello all.
Hopefully, we can play together in this game.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:03 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
Wassup

I noticed that you mention animating bodies with positive energy, isn't that what a raise dead is? I mean I thought positive energy brings things back to life as it is the life energy.

And a second thought. Are you also saying I can change fireballs and lightning bolts to negative energy balls and bolts?
Howdy!

For your question on reflavoring the spell needs to act the same but the effects can be slightly different to represent your character type.

As a necromancer yes if you want to make your spells visual effect be a negative energy that has no other effect than the original spell sure.

However if you want to shoot negative energy and bolster your undead minions no.

As for reflavoring its just for visual effects and minor semantics it wont change the actual spells effects.

I will change the reflavor post to reflect this.

Last edited by Shakram; 10-31-2017 at 02:04 AM.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:43 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
We will start once we have 4 players who have completed thier character creation.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:14 AM
Lord Inquisitor

Tools
User Statistics
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
lol, ok, I just wanted to make sure, I could have exploited that relatively easily to heal my undead(and myself), but i am sure there are other ways to do so as well. So aesthetic changes are cool, I am completely down with that, and kind of did that with my flame-strike in the background!

Edit: Question, I read over the gming guidelines. I have never ran an encounter in d and d on PBP, only a 3.5 warhammer 40k system I created. That said, are we going to be building encounters for an overarching storyline? I happen to have an entire fortress worth of npcs built for characters around our level for a skype game I was running that my players pussed out of. I have also never ran an encounter based game. I usually run a chance of random encounters, and build a dungeon, and the group takes as many encounters as they want in the dungeon before trying to rest. If they approach the dungeon in a poorly thought out way, they can get quickly overwhelmed by a far too difficult encounter due to setting off an alarm or something. So that is my general gming style when in person. I definitely don't want to go first here as I would like to see how best to approach the encounters.

Last edited by Unforgiven; 10-31-2017 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:14 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 237
btccg btccg btccg
Ahohoy, folks! Looking forward to playing in this game (fingers crossed!)
Old 10-31-2017, 12:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
lol, ok, I just wanted to make sure, I could have exploited that relatively easily to heal my undead(and myself), but i am sure there are other ways to do so as well. So aesthetic changes are cool, I am completely down with that, and kind of did that with my flame-strike in the background!

Edit: Question, I read over the gming guidelines. I have never ran an encounter in d and d on PBP, only a 3.5 warhammer 40k system I created. That said, are we going to be building encounters for an overarching storyline? I happen to have an entire fortress worth of npcs built for characters around our level for a skype game I was running that my players pussed out of. I have also never ran an encounter based game. I usually run a chance of random encounters, and build a dungeon, and the group takes as many encounters as they want in the dungeon before trying to rest. If they approach the dungeon in a poorly thought out way, they can get quickly overwhelmed by a far too difficult encounter due to setting off an alarm or something. So that is my general gming style when in person. I definitely don't want to go first here as I would like to see how best to approach the encounters.
Yeah as to the reflavor I was thinking of a few potential exploits that various players might want to use and decided to change what I had originally posted.

Well when it comes to DMing just consider what the party can and cannot do. We are just Dming encounters and making them into a flowing story. As a rule of thumb for me I judge the players strengths and try to create an encounter I think they would be able to beat with some effort. The first encounter should have a low level of risk while second and third encounters should have a medium level of risk while the last encounter should have a medium-high level of risk. If things dont go well then you can always send a boss after a summoning rather than a player that just got turned to stone or knocked uncounsious. However even as a DM we dont want to metagame, and if a demon knows a character may come back to kill him he may use his abilities to keep players down for the count.

Also finnaly I need to know how your putting together your cohorts I am not getting the math on them.

What would help me with this is show the stats for the base creature then the template and feats you want to add to it.

For example your zomie dragon? BAB, Size, Abilities, and etc dont match a 15hd dragon of any type.

If you want a link on how to make a zombie dragon here is one:
http://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/...iedragon.shtml
Old 10-31-2017, 01:45 PM
Lord Inquisitor

Tools
User Statistics
so my cohort is the vampire lady.

for the zombie dragon I just took a young adult white dragon and plugged it into an npc generator and added the zombie template. I then boosted the STR by +4 due to my feats in the generator so it auto calculates everything. Then I copy pasted the short stats into here and increased the hp by +3/hd(due to desecrate and feats), bumped init by +4 due to feats, all speeds by +10 for feats, and +1d6 cold damage to all natural attacks due to feats.

The chimera is my undead companion, and I did the same thing, plugged it in, adjusted hd to 12, and made all relevant adjustments.

All of my summoned undead have +4 Str, +3hp/lvl, +10 speed, +4 init, and +1d6 cold damage on natural attacks.

Edit: I only used your high point buy on my vampire cohort, I used the generator base stats for everything else. 15,14,13,12,10,8 or 13,12,11,10,9,8 for weaker minions

Edit Edit: Ok I fixed the BAB

Last edited by Unforgiven; 10-31-2017 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:12 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 65
Mahima And Anima
Quote:
so my cohort is the vampire lady.

for the zombie dragon I just took a young adult white dragon and plugged it into an npc generator and added the zombie template. I then boosted the STR by +4 due to my feats in the generator so it auto calculates everything. Then I copy pasted the short stats into here and increased the hp by +3/hd(due to desecrate and feats), bumped init by +4 due to feats, all speeds by +10 for feats, and +1d6 cold damage to all natural attacks due to feats.

The chimera is my undead companion, and I did the same thing, plugged it in, adjusted hd to 12, and made all relevant adjustments.

All of my summoned undead have +4 Str, +3hp/lvl, +10 speed, +4 init, and +1d6 cold damage on natural attacks.

I can up the base attacks of these things to the creature base attack if you want, doesn't bother me any

Edit: I only used your high point buy on my vampire cohort, I used the generator base stats for everything else. 15,14,13,12,10,8 or 13,12,11,10,9,8 for weaker minions
Ah ok I see what you did there, please put any relavent information on math crunch in the background thread just in case any DMs want to know about your army lol!

Yes only one cohort gets the 40 point buy others are 30 point buy I think.

Wait what do you mean by companion?

Last edited by Mahima And Anima; 10-31-2017 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:21 PM
Lord Inquisitor

Tools
User Statistics
Corpse Companion (Su)

With a ritual requiring 8 hours, an undead lord can animate a single skeleton or zombie whose Hit Dice do not exceed her cleric level. This corpse companion automatically follows her commands and does not need to be controlled by her. She cannot have more than one corpse companion at a time. It does not count against the number of Hit Dice of undead controlled by other methods. She can use this ability to create a variant skeleton such as a bloody or burning skeleton, but its Hit Dice cannot exceed half her cleric level. She can dismiss her companion as a standard action, which destroys it.

That is one of the cleric abilities from undead lord. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core...es/undead-lord

Last edited by Unforgiven; 10-31-2017 at 02:24 PM.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:25 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Mahima And Anima
Quote:
Corpse Companion (Su)

With a ritual requiring 8 hours, an undead lord can animate a single skeleton or zombie whose Hit Dice do not exceed her cleric level. This corpse companion automatically follows her commands and does not need to be controlled by her. She cannot have more than one corpse companion at a time. It does not count against the number of Hit Dice of undead controlled by other methods. She can use this ability to create a variant skeleton such as a bloody or burning skeleton, but its Hit Dice cannot exceed half her cleric level. She can dismiss her companion as a standard action, which destroys it.

That is one of the cleric abilities from undead lord. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core...es/undead-lord
Ah ok cool!
Old 10-31-2017, 02:35 PM
Lord Inquisitor

Tools
User Statistics
ok, I added a section explaining the math!
Old 10-31-2017, 03:10 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 237
btccg btccg btccg
All relevant information about Kharnak has been posted.

This looks like an interesting group shaping up - a couple small armies, an airforce and a steamroller...

Last edited by btccg; 10-31-2017 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:31 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Mahima And Anima
Nice characters! I am loving the different concepts so far!