Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 579
Shakram Shakram Shakram Shakram Shakram Shakram
Character Creation & Rule Guide

Game NameHeroes Journey To Becoming Paragons On the Path To Immortalality
Game SystemDnD 3.5e
ThemeEpic Scale Survival, Continuous Dungeon Crawl, Round Robin DMing
FlavourGaining renoun becoming epic paragons and finally attaining divine immortality

Game Information

All are welcome so join in just say hello and post your interested on our OCC thread and get ready to have some fun playing dungeons and dragons!

Last edited by Shakram; Jul 7th, 2021 at 01:37 PM.
Old Dec 9th, 2017, 10:59 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
]

I would like the xp players made to mean something, so older players will always be higher level than new players. I think the gap should be a few levels. I am open to suggestions on this if you guys think I should just raise the entry level we have a gap to represent experience.
But we have a system so you can catch up quickly.

What I am going to be doing is adding the rewards by 50% per level down they are.

So if current players were level 28 and starting xp was for a level 21 the lower level player would get +50% the xp per level down that you are down instead of the normal amount. Drastically increaasing yur level so you can catch up rather quickly.

Once a new level is attained the mechanic continues if players are still lower level until they achieve the current level of most powerful players.

So in the above exaple a level 15 trying to catch up with a level 18 would get +150% the xp until level 16 then they would get +100% the xp, once they get to 17 they get +50% the xp and when they reach 18 they get equal xp.

Last edited by Shakram; Feb 27th, 2019 at 08:52 AM.
Old Dec 9th, 2017, 11:08 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana00753 View Post
Can we use the starting gold to buy any items we wish or is there a limit to what is available?

No limits to whats available, please also consider the magic item compendium rules for combining magic items when buying your magic items.

The Magic Item Compendium describes the cost of adding a 2nd magic property to a magic item (MIC 233) :
"In most cases, if the item is one that occupies a body slot, the cost of adding any additional ability to that item is 1-1/2 times the value of the added power (or the value of the added power plus 1/2 the value of the existing item, if the added power normally costs more than the existing item). "

To bestow a 2nd power you add the new ability cost plus 1/2 the price of the cheaper of the two magic abilities.

I believe the math continues the same for each new item added.

Last edited by Shakram; Jun 25th, 2018 at 12:19 PM.
Old Dec 12th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
The Nightstick (Libris Mortis, costs 7.5K, adds
4 turn undead attempts) seems to have added a new dimension to metamagic
which looks to me overpowered.

For the cost of two nightsticks (15K), a cleric with the right feats
(3 of them), can make any spell he likes permanent (ok - using up one
spell slot too). At higher levels this turns into a complete bargain
(15K for permanent Stone Body, for example, is ridiculously cheap)

One nightstick may used per day and no more than that.

Last edited by Shakram; Dec 12th, 2017 at 12:45 PM.
Old Jun 25th, 2018, 12:18 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics

Due to balance issues I am making a new rule . . . .

Any Player VS Player fighting must be one on one.

Mind controlled players are not subject to this rule.

Summons and cohorts are also not subject to this rule.

In the event a secondary battle must be fought a patron god will renew any lost health and resources to whomever has to fight a second time. For example a bard has jus had a fight and he is wounded as another player comes to take his life. His health bardic abilities and spells will be reset to what they were before the first fight began. If the player was injured before the first fight the injuries will remain.

Last edited by Shakram; Jun 25th, 2018 at 10:57 PM.
Old Jun 25th, 2018, 10:53 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics

Cohort strting gold will be half of your gold.

When we level up and upgrade new items can be of your choice and are considered gifts from your patron diety.

Also if you want to spend any of your gold you can deduct it from your savings and have the item you wanted added to your inventory as a divine gift to your character. However your player has no knowledge of this interaction.

Items can be upgraded at market value prices.
Items can also be sold at half market value.

Any new items or levels will be automatically added to your players with no need for rest, as though they have had a mighty divine epiphany.

Last edited by Shakram; Jun 10th, 2019 at 11:53 PM.
Old Jul 26th, 2018, 08:03 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
From the arms and equipment guide page 128 I know its a 3.0 source however I think its ok for 3.5 as there are no real guidelines for feats in D&D 3.5

Here are a few houserules
1. For this game I will say the cost to put feats in items is 10,000 gp, plus another 10,000 gp per prerequisite
2. Also feats given by items do not aid in qualification for prestiege classes or other item feats.
3. One item feat may not aid in qualification of another item feat. For example you cant have one item that extends spell and a secondary item that persists spells. They need to be embedded within the same item to gain the benifit.
4. No arcane spells, psionic powers, divine spels, extraordinary, supernatural, or spellike abilities may be granted by item feats.

Quote:

Magic Items that Grant Feats
Pricing feats for magic items is a very fuzzy area. If a feat is purely mechanical, such as Great Fortitude, default to the rules in the DUNGEON MASTER’S Guide with an adjustment for the fact that the bonus has no type. For instance, the belt of endurance grants Great Fortitude, which adds a +2 bonus on all Fortitude saves. A +2 resistance bonus on all saves would cost 4,000 gp. It shouldn’t be more or as economical to buy bonuses to all saves separately, so a +2 bonus on Fortitude saves alone should cost 2,000 gp. If the bonus has no type assigned to it, you could double or even triple that. Metamagic feats should adjust the level of the spells to which they apply, and thus
change the price. While this is still a matter of judgment, consider increasing all the spell levels by +1 if the item affects spells of 0–3rd level, by +2 if the item affects spells of 0–6th level, and by +4 if the item affects spells of any level. A general guideline for other kinds of feats is that they cost 10,000 gp, plus another 5,000 gp to10,000 gp per prerequisite.

Last edited by Shakram; Jul 26th, 2018 at 09:18 PM.
Old Aug 26th, 2018, 08:26 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics

When the players do a level up or have a break they can buy sell or transform items as a kind of divine gift thing which is how we have been doing things so far anyways.

This will also cover things that take a considerable amount of time like crafting items or casting spells that are supposed to take a considerable amount of time.

So during our breaks the party can do this stuff.

When I say divine gift I mean the time and all procedures to craft or make something are done instantly.

Items or spells crafted still take the same amount of XP and gold cost.

Any items or spells fashioned in this way appear instantly within bags or are found by the players by uncanny luck.

Last edited by Shakram; Aug 26th, 2018 at 08:28 AM.
Old Aug 26th, 2018, 08:39 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Roleplay Bonus XP
All players who post during down time recieve another +50xp per post you make during our rest breaks. This xp is a bonus on top of the xp you get for interacting with other players by making friendships and joining the fellowship.

Any xp is applied or subtracted immediately upon confirmation of the specific action.
You keep up with your own roleplaying and battle xp in the background thread.

+50 xp for trying to develop a friendship with a player wether you succede or fail it doesnt matter, its the intent that will count. This is added onto the xp if you create a friendship and is per player character. This xp is given based on who tries, not saying sure I will be your friend, but putting forth effort to try and create a friendship or connection through player interaction. You may get this xp once for player you try to convince to be your ally.

+100xp
per player you develop a friendship with through interaction.
You can only get friendship xp for an attempt and confirmation once per party member.
You do not get xp every time your friendly and a friendship confirmation is a 1 time thing.
Being friendly doesnt count as a friendship confirmation but its certainly friendly behavior.
Friendships must be a mutual agreement and clearly confirmed with roleplaying.
You declare in your own post when your attempting or confirming a friendship.

-100xp per player you develop a bad relationship with through interaction.

+0xp for not interacting with anyone in particular and decide you will do your own thing.[/B]

+5000 xp for just lending your services to the group and agreeing to help everyone and the groups cause in any manner you see fit. This means stating that your character is ok with everyone in the group and you are willing to form an alliance even overlook unpleasing characteristcs for a greater good.
This group will be a fellowship and will be seen as such by each of the members in the group. The specifics of the fellowship will be decided by the group in roleplay if it is to be formed and left to the players to decide on. (group name/contracts/vows/ a leader/expences etc) The fellowship must have more than half the group to function as a group.
The fellowship has to be worked out by players in roleplay as some type of actual fellowship with promises and pledges lots of cheesy stuff.

Last edited by Shakram; Aug 26th, 2018 at 08:46 AM.
Old Sep 10th, 2018, 11:20 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics

CRITICAL MISSES (FUMBLES)

Critical misses are only on hit rolls and saves, meaning you roll a natural 1.

You do not have critical misses for skill rolls

Also if you roll a natural 20 on any type of ability check save or hit roll I will count it as a hit.

Last edited by Shakram; Nov 26th, 2018 at 11:55 PM.
Old Oct 17th, 2018, 10:24 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakram View Post

When the players do a level up or have a break they can buy sell or transform items as a kind of divine gift thing which is how we have been doing things so far anyways.

This will also cover things that take a considerable amount of time like crafting items or casting spells that are supposed to take a considerable amount of time.

So during our breaks the party can do this stuff.

When I say divine gift I mean the time and all procedures to craft or make something are done instantly.

Items or spells crafted still take the same amount of XP and gold cost.

Any items or spells fashioned in this way appear instantly within bags or are found by the players by uncanny luck.

Feat Clarification:

Each prerequisite feat increases the feat cost by 10,000gp
For example:

Spring Attack [General]
Prerequisites
Dex 13, Dodge, Mobility, base attack bonus +4.

Total cost for spring attack is 30,000 (Dodge+ 10,000), (Mobility+ 10,000)

Dodge total cost is 10,000

Mobility total cost is 20,000(Dodge+ 10,000)+ (Mobility+ 10,000)

Total cost is for an item with spring attack is 50,000

You may not have a feat without also paying for its prerequisite feats as well.

Meaning all the feats must be part of the item.

Last edited by Shakram; Oct 18th, 2018 at 12:30 AM.
Old Oct 26th, 2018, 09:32 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics

I think its appropriate to mention here that players who are playing any races or templates do not recieve BAB skills and saves from the racial stat block unless they take a level in the race.

For example Mahima has deathless listed as a race he changed into after aquiring the template.

The skills, saves and BAB are not given to the character every level, instead he should get the skills saves and BAB of the classes he has chosen. It is good to show what the race is and list the abilities of the race should one decide to take racial HD.

I am posting this because I do not want players to be confused thinking that they somehow get saves BAB and skills every level which are listed for the race rather than their class levels.

If there is a template that gives these things it will say it does, as far as I know most templates do not do this. I have yet to see any template that gives Base attack bonus saves and skills for every level without taking racial HD.

Last edited by Shakram; Oct 26th, 2018 at 09:33 PM.
Old Dec 27th, 2018, 05:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics

Due to looking over many of the epic feats they seem to be very powerful. Which is good! However in this game we allow players to purchace feats in items. I will say that epic feats cannot be placed into items.

Meaning you cannot buy epic feats.

Also I would like a limit on the total number of feats bought to equal half your character level.

For example if your level 21 you can buy up to 10 feats,

Last edited by Shakram; Dec 27th, 2018 at 05:22 PM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2019, 08:20 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics

TABLE 1–2: EXPERIENCE AND LEVEL-DEPENDENT BENEFITS
Character Class Level XP Ranks, Skill Ranks, Feats Increases
20th 190,000 Skill Max 23
21st 210,000 Skill Max 24 Gain Feat
22nd 231,000 Skill Max 25
23rd 253,000 Skill Max 26
24th 276,000 Skill Max 27 Gain Feat
25th 300,000 Skill Max 28
26th 325,000 Skill Max 29
27th 351,000 Skill Max 30 Gain Feat
28th 378,000 Skill Max 31
29th 406,000 Skill Max 32
30th 435,000 Skill Max 33 Gain Feat
Each level beyond the chart add +1,000 to the amount needed to attain a new level
feats +1* per 3 levels Abilities Increase +1 per 4 levels

Custom Item And Epic Spell Limits Tiers System

Tiers:
Tiers increase the base amount you could augment an item beyond base level.

You may add +10% per level over 20 for non attribute boosting items following the same formulas used for the base epic item.

You may add 20% per level over 20 to equal how powerful you could augment an item beyond max listed level for attribute boosting items following the same formulas used for the base epic item.

So at level 27 +70%(Spell resistance 68 max)

As for attribute bonuses which normally max out at +12 using the same tier system
+20% per level at level 27 would be +140% 28 max to attributes

Attriutes are +20% per level over 20 to equal how powerful you could augment an item beyond max listed level.
Any other stat boosting item +10 per level over 20 to equal how powerful you could augment an item beyond max listed level.

This way the players could have some progress on stat boosting items beyond what is listed for epic items and keep the same formula that the epic items are currently using.

Last edited by Shakram; Jun 24th, 2020 at 04:34 AM.
Old Jun 10th, 2019, 11:57 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics

The house rule stated some time ago was that all XP costs must be paid by characters.

For example if you use an Efreets wish ability your characters still have to pay the XP cost of the normal spell as though it were cast by your characters.

I cant seem to find my old quote about cutting xp costs so I will be updating the character creation thread so people dont need to look through the OOC to find where we initially said this.

The main point is any XP spells must be paid by players even if its a cohort or summoning. Also in the event that a spellike or supernatural ability uses doesnt use xp but would normally have an xp cost the character would still need to pay the xp costs for it as though it was casting the spell themseves as a normal spell with an xp cost.

Last edited by Shakram; Jun 11th, 2019 at 01:13 AM.