RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e > Archived
twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 06:35 PM
It CAN get weirder!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4740
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
(Story) Build-a-Base Workshop (Archived)

So, Bluejack asked me if he could start roleplaying the base and recruitment for it while I'm gone. I agreed, and that's what this thread is for.

This thread is assumed to take place at no particular time, just after Bluejack asked Petran for a base and after the current missions. So no referencing whether or not the Organizer dies, whether or not the Hunter makes it, etc. Break is reformed and under Kringle's direction. Kali's wacky shenanigans have ended and is with Enoch and under his command.

All players can be present as their own characters. Graven can also control Kali if he wishes, Bluejack can control Break, Fathom, Gunther, and Epirus if he so chooses, hopefully as in-character as he can make them. Any other characters recruited should be human or approved by me,

The base is located: 5507'09.8"N 8303'06.2"W
That's in Ontario, Canada, near Hudson Bay.

Please do not leave the base except to go recruiting. Kodama can't visit her car, Wraith can't go find other children, etc.

Assuming a simulation room is fine, modern features like internet, plumbing, electricity etc fine, maybe a garage if you want. There are no active defenses, there are no magic portals. Each character should hopefully be able to roleplay pretty well by now. If you aren't confident doing that while I'm gone, well then just stick to your normal thread and wait for me to be online to sort things out.

Start your for post by how arrive at the base, along with NPCs if you have any (only Enoch and Kringle). The base is centered in a mountain, pretty much indistinguishable from the outside, and has no road leading up to it, only miles upon miles of Canadian forest.

Have at it! Try not to argue out of character. Posts should be in character.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 08-08-2018 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:26 AM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7644
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
Welcome to the Empyrean
left-aligned image

Well here we are. Time to break the seal. Cord walked down the tunnel under the mountain and stood in front of their new base granted by Petran. They'd taken forever to get to the damn place given all the activity the Arbiter champions had been through lately. Gel poked her head from the Klaus Bag to look around. She's set up a small lair inside the bag for herself with her Star Wars figures. They'd watched 'The Force Awakens' (far too late for Cord's liking!) and Gel had found a package of figures from Chris in the hotel room Cord had collapsed in after the fight with a rogue Red Cap named Herr Decapitas. Gel was partial to BB-8.

Cord had taken Break and any other champion that would go along. He loved being the Invincible Icicle, but some of the other champions went at it like they weren't immortal. Thank goodness Cord had Kodama, Gunther and Fathom to balance out Break and Wraith. There was a lot of nasty, but Cord had come to terms with being an immortal demigod. It was a lot of fun. They had helped a lot of people. He'd solved the companionship issue with the discovery of a large number of acceptable and hot ever-living ladies. Reformed devils, angels, fey.

Gel lived up to her namesake and could be gel-lous, and cold. But when they found the super pretty reformed devil that also liked the sentient chain, Gel bought in. Leaving aside the fact that the border between the Chain and the Champion were slowly blurred when they were present in each others heads all the time, life had taken an upturn.

The beginning chapters were over. Time to settle in for the long hall. So Kringle had sent out the call to his allied champions. Time to get the team acting like a team. That started with the Empyrean. A massive underground base and now Kringle's home. Cord walked to the entrance with Fathom and Break at his side and Gel out of the Bag to look around.

"Welcome Break, welcome Champion Fathom, welcome Champion Kringle, welcome sentient chain, Blitzen." chimed the base in a faint British accent. Cord looked to his friends and smiled.

"At least it knows the pecking order, Frosty." said Break. Kringle had been surprised at how Break had maintained contact with him. She was still cynical as hell, but her encouraging smile let Cord know she was happy to have a safe place to lay her head that wasn't filled with magma, dust, sand, the like.

"It's alphabetical, Break." Fathom tossed her cold water on Break's enthusiasm.

"We need anotter accent. British accents fer computers are trite. An' we dinna need any more Irish accents fer sure!" Cord looked to the ladies for inspiration.

"Perhaps ancient Romanian?" Gel suggested.

"Hardy har, Gel." Cord chuckled. "Well it twas my boon, so it's ginna be a girl. How 'bout an Aussie? Margot Robbie, then. She needs a good job after tha disaster Suicide Squad. Computer, make Margot Robbie yer voice. Eh?"

Margot Robbie chimed in, "G'day mate!" There was definitely a slight mocking and humorous tone to the AI's voice. "No threats identified! Let's give it a gurl!"

"How about an Aussie slang level two of ten. If we need to send an alert it can't take forty-five minutes." Fathom was in a sour mood for some reason. Cord would have to get to the bottom of that eventually. Kringle walked forward with the others and his mouth fell open. A massive, space aged entry hall greeted the champions. In the middle a Margot Robbie-esque hologram appeared in a simple uniform.

"Welcome to the Empyrean." Kringle didn't move, taking it all in. Gel climbed onto his shoulder and gave Cord a slight squeeze of affection.

Well done, Callahan. Well done indeed.
To the Callhill 5E: Luskan Nights/To the Depths of Hel (PC), Darkness in Thay (PC), To the CallHill (DM), SKT: To the Triboar (DM), Dragon Heist 1/2 (DM), The Leilon Campaign (PC). Death of the Emperor (PC). Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Bluejack; 12-15-2017 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-26-2017, 10:29 PM
Always fails will saves

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3951
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch Enoch was beginning to regret a few things. Chiefly, and most recently, specifying to Plague not to put him 'right on top' of the base in Ontario. Very little detectable technology in the forest. If he hadn't had Steve with him, if Steve hadn't impulsively asked to be a helecopter and ended up a kind of cobbled-together spy drone... He and Kali would probably still be trekking about the endless Canadian wilderness. As it was, the young doctor had definitely had his fill of pine needles, 'fresh' air, and definitely of insects.

While they wandered, he had continued the ever-entertaining task of educating Kali about the modern world... While she asked the questions in his mind, he generally answered out loud when they were alone. It allowed the proper emotion to be conveyed with the answer. Most of the time:
No... No, Kali. I don't really know the Finance Minister of Nigeria.
Yes, I know it says it's from him.
Fifteen million dollars is a lot of money. Just delete it. Really.

Wookies were BIG and hairy. you're thinking of Ewoks.

I know, no cure for cancer and yet a billion pills out there to help old men keep... Ugh, Really?

A shared chuckle and the two of them pause in their aimless stroll a few moments. Flying Steve drops down from tree height and cheerily reports found it, boss. He zips away towards the tunnel, stopping and looking back every so often like an overexcited puppy. Eventually his two ground-bound companions make it to what appears to be the entrance. Enoch stands before it, looking around curiously. Hm... Speak 'friend' and enter? he quizzes Kali.

Reynolds? Dumbledore? No wait... Gandalf! she guesses.

Last edited by gravenimages; 12-26-2017 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 02:37 PM
It CAN get weirder!

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Kringle and Enoch (and Kali and Steve and Fathom and Blitzen and Break)
right-aligned image

The reinforced stone it's clean and dry granite, roughly 16 feet tall and wide, maybe 80 feet long.hallway to get in is brief, massive doors sliding back, camouflaged at the entrance to be nigh-indistinguishable from the rest of the mountain, right down to the lichen. For city-slicker Enoch, it's most easily distinguishable by the ever-so-faint background radiation the technology inside emits, and Kringle has more experience telling mountains apart than most people, but an average Joe could spend a year searching the mountain and never find it, much less be able to open it once he did so. The doors open automatically, the clash of stone-on-stone grinding through the crisp air.

As Kringle waits the few seconds it takes for the inner vaulted doors to grate open, an Australian accent pipes from behind him. "Welcome, champion Enoch, welcome, Kali Bat-Gibbor, welcome..." the computer hesitates for a moment "Steve."

A high-pitched buzzing grows clearer as Enoch, Kali, and Steve approach. "Hello computer!" Steve replies whimsically, flying high enough for his rotors to just barely scrape the edge of the stone. "I'm Steve! What's your name?"

"I'm the Empyrean," the blonde hologram replies, flickering to life on the ground below Steve as it looks up. "Neat!" Steve buzzes off to investigate the larger group. The hologram looks at Kali and Enoch with a cheery smile and wave. "Welcome to the Empyrean, mates."

'Not human, Matt?' Kali quizzes mentally, looking a little apprehensive as she gives a small wave in return. Your encouragement has helped her learn to manage new experiences much better than when you first met her, but she's still somewhat nervous meeting new people and beings, especially when she isn't sure if they're human, champion, or neither. That first proper meeting with Blitzen was... interesting, to say the least.

Fathom turns her head and raises an eyebrow at the new arrivals. She isn't surprised at the entourage (she's seen them before), but she hardly seems thrilled. "Hey 'Noch, Kali." A watery bat solidifies in her hand and she swats at Steve, who easily dodges and flies away further into the Empyrean.

Break turns and waves, "Hello," she greets. "I'm Break, good to meet you... both?" she dodges as Steve skims past her head.

As the larger group enters the Empyrean from the hallway, the reception area is very sleek and clean. White walls, floors, ceilings are all lit by fluorescent light. It's about 25 feet long and twice as wide. Embedded in the wall to your left and right are opaque white sheets of what seems to be glass, each labeled with a green One, two, three, four, five, sixnumber, each running from floor to ceiling. It's clean, but as Enoch notes to himself, at least there's WiFi here.

"Shiny," Gelvira notes. The hologram flickers to life a few steps in front of a gaping Kringle. "This is the reception area'r, those'r tha holdin' cells. Petran has given me everything Kringle asked for." She pulls up a floating map, roughly 2 feet in diameter, displaying a round floor plan of the building. Several blinking dots represent your group, a tiny spinning set of helicopter blades Steve. He's currently buzzing around the part marked 'observation deck'.

The Empyrean pauses before starting. "I can show you on the map, or I can give you the tour."

"Tour," Break votes. "Tour," Blitzen adds. Kali nods with a thin smile. Fathom rolls her eyes, "Fine."

The heavy stone doors behind you grate closed, a smooth shining white on this side.

OoC: For the purposes of the game, Kodama's room and Famine's room are switched, so Kodama is next to the conservatory.

Each square on the map is roughly 8 feet across. Or it is now, I don't know what it was supposed to be.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 01-04-2018 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 04:06 PM
Always fails will saves

Tools
User Statistics
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch gives a rare smile at Steve's antics, watching the childlike machine spread his peculiar brand of chaos. At Kali's mental query, he considers for a moment. Not human, but a person nonetheless. Makes the system more accessible to those who aren't good with computers.

Speaking of which, I'll promise to limit myself to standard access unless there's an emergency. He mimes tipping a cap in the hologram's direction. He nods to Break, and offers a 'kids, what can you do?' shrug to Fathom after she misses the rambunctious drone with her waterbat.

Outvoted before he can speak up, he adds a nod of general consensus for the tour. Specific areas can wait awhile... This was probably as close as he'd get to a vacation for the time present...

Last edited by gravenimages; 01-04-2018 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:01 AM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4448
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
Kodama had arrived at the Empyrean before Enoch. She seen him make his way precariously, frustrated down the mountain with his timid but capable female companion. Rather, it would be better to say that she had arrived near the Empyrean. She'd yet to go in it at all. She'd seen the entrance through her plant senses but the contents didn't interest her as much as the surrounds. Out here was her domain and in there was a room with a bed and a door, basically. Well probably more than that but anyway.

She'd been spending her time starting to get to know the forest the way she knew the one at Banff. Get to know the trees and the animals that made their way by wing or paw through the area. She'd need a month straight probably, to know this place like she knew Banff. Her new career was going to make that difficult if not downright impossible. One thing she could guarantee though, was a place of her own, carved solely out of her will just like the grove that used to be a pillar of her being. On a grassy embankment near a river south-east from the entrance to the Empyrean, she finds a similar stone with a top that was smooth enough. Instead of building a circle of trees, she instead erects a singular massive willow tree whose gentle leaves ensconce her now mossy perch.

A new style for a new beginning.

With her preliminary tour complete and her own stamp pressed upon the forestry of the area, Kodama casually picks her way to the entrance of the Empyrean. In a manner she feels is disconcerting, the outer stone doors slide open like a villains lair from an early James Bond film and reveals a much larger party than she had anticipated.

"Welcome Champion Kodama." Intones a computerized Australian, which does enough to swivel the remaining heads of those present who hadn't noted the opening of the main doors.

"Oh. Hello. This is our new, secret, base right?" Kodama awkwardly greets those present already, most of the faces she knew, some she didn't.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:55 PM
It CAN get weirder!

Tools
User Statistics
Kodama and Enoch
"Tour it is," Kringle agrees cheerily, ducking Steve's erratic flight easily. This was his gift, and he couldn't wait to see what Petran had given him. He turns with a surprised smile and open arms to the recently arrived Kodama, calling out down the hallway. "It's tha druid lass! Good ta see ya Kodama!" He gestures at the lobby. "Dis is our new base. We were jes' aboot ta check it out. You wanta take a look-see with us?"

Break looks at askance at Kringle, but waves at as he fairly bursts with enthusiasm. Her usual welder's not that Kodama knows she wears onemask is nowhere in sight, likely tucked into her bag, but her tanned leather gloves and denim jacket seem to be especially dusty. She was even less familiar to the druid than the Asian and his blonde companion, but she seemed to be with Kringle. She'd seen them around the Arbiters once or twice, even if they'd hardly had the chance to introduce themselves. He was with Plague, she knew that, but the woman's status was less evident, and she only knew his name (Enoch) from the one time Kringle had dropped it on the way out of Barcelona.

Enoch in turn has heard of Kodama and likewise seen her around, (likely in the background of Ferocus' realm, he speculates), but he doesn't know her personally.

"If you'll follow me," the hologram announces,smoothly for a projection, better than commercial modern technology for sure turning and walking across the lobby. She gestures to the panels on the side. "These are the holding cells, warded to keep most magical beings inside without trouble, heatproof to 3000 degrees, and strong enough to survive a direct hit with an airplane." She gives Enoch a knowing look. "I was told that was an important feature."

She moves along the lobby toward the far door, her blue uniform rather snug from behind. Fathom scowls at Kringle, who shrugs, immediately knowing what the dirty look is for. "I cannae help wha' Lord Petran though' my subconscious want'd." Fathom rolls her eyes and follows the Empyrean, leading the group as she paces forward.
right-aligned image

"Up next is the laboratory. Enoch, I am sure this will be of interest to you," the hologram calls behind her as the doors slide open.

To the left is an expansive laboratory and workshop, no less giant than the lobby, rows and rows of pristine counters, shelves underneath filled with all manner of chemicals, elements, spell ingredients, glassware, tools, and the smaller of lab equipment. To The wall adjacent to the gymnasium and virtuariumyour left hums banks of computers, Enoch recognizing the layout similar to that of bleeding edge supercomputers, screens embedded on each tower. In front of you, still in the lab area and adjoining the curving wall, is rows of the larger lab equipment, ranging from mass spectrometers to autoclaves, even a kiln. More shelves of raw materials are further beyond, running all the way to an opaque glass hallway. The Empyrean turns and gestures grandly. "Everything an inventor could dream of. Kodama, you will also find all but the most esoteric ingredients your summoning requires on these shelves."

Kringle looks around with a smile. Most of this is lost on him, but he knows its important to some of the others. "Leastwise we'll never need ta scrape an' beg fer somewhere we ken fix our things."

Break is politely interested but doesn't say anything, Fathom craning her neck to look at the shelves of spell materials but uninterested in the tech. Kali is following Enoch rather more closely than usual, a gentle but somewhat disengaged smile her default expression as she looks around, eyes never really focusing on any one aspect but occasionally alighting on a person, gaze quickly moving as soon as the person looks up.

To the right is what appears to be a fully functioning hospital, with familiar (to Enoch, from his days at the CDC) pods, white beds. Rows and rows of medicines and pharmaceuticals are locked behind transparent windows, but you can be sure everything short of a true panacea is to be found. The Empyrean doesn't mention the hospital, presumably that will be later on the tour.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:34 PM
Always fails will saves

Tools
User Statistics
Being addressesd directly brings the young man's eyes back to... Well... Eye level... Fairly abruptly.

His eyes are quickly drawn to the lab... Actually he presses his face against the glass like a kid in a candy store for several moments. The young man hastily wipes the glass with a sleeve as he steps back, looking slightly embarrased. Man... That's a lot more... Everything... Than we had even at the CDC. Might take a crowbar to get me out of there.

Kali cocks her head slightly sideways at this remark, brow furrowed. Yeah, figure of speech Enoch confirms hastily. Though I imagine there's probably an actual crowbar in there somewhere. He looks back longingly as the tour passes the area by...
Old 01-13-2018, 06:18 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
Kodama rolls her eyes at the sight of the Empyrean and Kringle's locker room style explanation for it. Still, it was hardly surprising. Most of the Arbiters other than Athena presented themselves as masculine with the sole exception of Athena and as far as she was aware it was just Fathom and herself representing for the Champions. Pretty much a sausage fest.

Having lived in a cabin or dorm primarily for the last little while makes this place look especially modern, though compared to the ranch style decor of her childhood home it came off pretty cold. That didn't matter though, this could become a real home. Somewhere she could really feel safe to crash.

True to the word of the Empyrean, she finds the spell ingredients exceptionally useful. She makes a strong effort to commit the current stock to memory and mentally check it against her mental list to determine what is still left to procure.

Kodama whistles appreciatively. So far so impressive.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:08 PM
It CAN get weirder!

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image
Enoch and Kodama

Moving through the lab, you move across the smoke glass hallway (a door to your right and left, unknown what it leads to) and into a much less 'sterile' room. There's a library to the left, a tiled kitchen on the far end, assorted wooden chairs and tables (four tables, 20 chairs) arranged on the brown carpeted floor, lit by warmer yellow lights than the harsh white in the lab and lobby.

The Empyrean walks in, stopping around the middle of the room and turning with a smile. "This is the Sanctum. The Library is on a rotation of books recommended by either Athena or the New York Times. The kitchen is kept fully stocked, and the automatons can cook if you doubt your own skill."
left-aligned image

"What automatons?" Fathom interrupts. The Empyrean points to the third, empty wall, a small wooden panel sliding back to reveal an eight-inch tall silvered robot. "These. They can't speak, but they can perform basic tasks like cooking, cleaning, making the bed. There are ten, they respond to Robbie."

She smiles, "Anybody hungry? Just ask 'Robbie, make me-' whatever you would like to eat. Take care to keep your commands simple."

Kringle grins, "I could go fer a bite. Robbie, make me... a roast beef sandwich and a cup of coffee wit' one sugar."

With the whirring of gears, Robbie runs across the carpet toward the kitchen, one tiny step at a time. Kali looks visibly uncomfortable at the tiny machine and shies away as it runs in front of her, pale hands wringing in front of her. Fathom looks surprised, but Break chuckles. "Aww, look at it go!"

"While Robbie is doing that, let's look at the Lounge, yeah?" The Empyrean moves off to a door on the far side of the kitchen. Break, Fathom, and Kringle follow, each giving Robbie's actions a long glance as they pass. He's currently opening a door into a walk-in pantry, filled with food, another identical robot appearing from within, carrying two slices of sourdough bread.

OoC: Confession time: I have no idea what Bluejack wanted when he labeled the Sanctum differently from the lounge. I was kinda counting on him to describe this.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:34 PM
Always fails will saves

Tools
User Statistics
Oh. Hey. As they move towards the lounge, Enoch stops looking back at the computer lab long enough to recall that he hasn't met everyone here. A few quick steps and he falls into stride with the blond druid. Sorry for not introducing myself earlier. Computers. He shrugs as if that is an adequate explanation in his eyes. Enoch, Champion of Plague... For like ten* whole days now. His tone is somewhat derisive, but he offers a closed fist for a bump. And this is Kali, my... Uh... 'it's real complicated'.

OOC: *Your results may vary
Old 01-15-2018, 12:10 AM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
This place was incredible and they were still going. Kringle had every right to be beaming proud of this place, it was so nice that the faux pas of a comic book style hologram could be looked past easily. After Kringle placed his order, Kodama hesitated but sprung up the nerve to get her own request in. "Robbie? I'd like a Hot Cider please." She makes the order, and watches another automaton spring from seemingly nowhere to handle the new project. "Very cute!" She'd have probably preferred trained monkeys to soulless machines, but she knows she holds a niche view on this subject. While she certainly plans to abuse the helpfulness of Team Robbie for meals in the future, she makes just as much of an effort to scope out the pantry as she did the spell list. She makes a mean blueberry pie and has a solid reputation for delicious (if not white-washed) burritos. Cooking for her fellow Champions is guaranteed to be an ice-breaker, just like welcoming new neighbours with home-made cookies. Plus, she's got some time now to hone the craft.

When Enoch falls in beside her she smiles warmly at him, she can certainly appreciate him making the effort. That warmth diminishes ever so slightly, but noticeably as he introduces himself as Plague's Champion. She can't help it really. Out of all the Arbiters she felt Plague was the closest to being anathema to Ferocus regardless of the alliance between them all. Plague's attitude didn't help much and even though she wanted to give each Champion a clean slate in order to build friendships, a little bit of that history snuck through into her expression. "Real complicated? Is that a new facebook status I haven't heard of?" She teases Enoch and awkwardly bumps his offered fist. Counting this one, she's still in single digits for number of fists bumped throughout her life and it shows.

"Champion Kodama" She re-introduces herself, matching the intonation and a decent attempt at the accent of Empyrean minutes ago. "freshly minted by way of the Beast King Ferocus. Pleased to meet you, and you Kali. This place is crazy, isn't it? I don't know what you all are used to but I feel like I'm watching a sci-fi movie or something just standing here."
Old 01-15-2018, 12:44 AM
Always fails will saves

Tools
User Statistics
It's not... very complicated. Kali begins hesitantly, abortively offering and then retracting a pale, thin hand. I'm his servant. Enoch rolls his eyes in a mix of affection and mock exasperation. We're still figuring that part out. He explains. Not everything is built on twenty-first century morals in our... He gestures aimlessly with a hand. New sphere of reference.

He looks around the kitchen, forward to the lounge. This is definitely a new thing. I think Kringle spent one of his boons on it, in fact. "Good trade" says I. Enoch snaps his fingers. Speaking of that, if you can stand to hang around him long enough, Plague might net you in on our communication thing. Built-in he points to his head. Planet-wide, no activation fees or contracts. I wouldn't try to change carriers though. He offers a grin. Pretty convenient for coordinating things, but you have to speak out loud. So using in a doctors office or church would be awkward.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:17 AM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
Kodama raises an eyebrow at the definitively non-twenty-first century description of Kali and Enoch's relationship but accepts it with a simple shrug. Honestly, her fellow Champions could tell her the wackiest stuff and she'd take it on good faith. "New sphere of reference. Well put. I'm hoping it's a good story that could be shared over hot chocolate and powdered donuts, but if I'm prying or it's sensitive then never mind."

Kodama listens earnestly to Enoch's offer but shakes her head. "I hope you don't take offense, but I wouldn't really be comfortable with Plague fiddling with my flesh in any way at all. Sorry. Thanks for the offer though, I wish I had something from the Beast King's realm to make a similar gesture..." She trails off, looking sheepish. Kringle had spent a boon acquiring this amazing base for them, Enoch had spent one constructing some world-wide communication system. She'd gotten a fancy necklace and a better memory, just a little bit on the selfish side comparatively.

Last edited by Shylocke; 01-15-2018 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:06 PM
It CAN get weirder!

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image
Enoch and Kodama
The Robbie nods at Kodama's request, then runs off into the pantry. The extremely well-stocked pantry, you could feed an army of ravenous restaurant critics breakfast lunch and dinner with what's in there, and have enough for Christmas with all the in-laws to boot. Finding what you want for a meal will be a question of locating it, not worrying if you don't have it.

Kali gives the kitchen as wide a berth as she can while still being next to Enoch, putting the champion between her and it. She doesn't respond to Kodama's implied question with any more than a thin polite smile and looking down.

Moving into the lounge to catch up with the others, it's immediately evident that the Empyrean said 'lounge' and meant 'multi-million dollar rec room'.
right-aligned image

The four sides of the room are divided into quarters, none of which look like they'll be especially productive. The door leads into an open area (North-west on the map of the lounge) with games tables: billiards, snooker, foosball, air hockey, ping pong, it's a little much to be honest. The next area (south-west) is furnished with overstuffed chairs, beanbags, a couple of couches, and two simply massive televisions, easily eight feet wide and four and a half feet tall each, set side by side with a few feet in between. Sets of wooden cabinets next to the TV likely conceal games and videos. The third area (south-east, furthest from the door you came in) holds a small bar and matching wooden tables, oriented to face the TVs and with a large collection of liquor on glass shelves. The fourth area (north-east) holds a series of round tables next to padded seats, also facing the television, but a record and CD player, array of speakers, and racks of music media let you know what this is meant for. On the far end (south) is another door leading to what is probably the medical bay.

Kringle laughs, "HA, score! This's great! I hafta remember ta thank Petran next time I see 'im."

Break's eyes open very wide at the array. Despite herself, Fathom gawks as well, jaw open as she surveys the room.

"This is the lounge, outfitted with some of the finest personal home entertainment to be had," the Empyrean announces. "When the doors are closed, it is also soundproof."

"Oh my..." Kali's own eyes open wide, looking awestruck at any of two dozen things she hasn't seen before.

Steve careens in through the far door, "Wheeeeeeeeeeee! This place is huge!" He has the good sense to stay out of Fathom's reach this time, buzzing over to Enoch and hovering about five feet behind him, humming from side to side, barely avoiding getting tangled in Kodama's hair as he flits.
Closed Thread