RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder > Red Hand of Doom - Pathfinder
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-28-2018, 07:46 PM
slushbubs's Avatar
slushbubs slushbubs is offline
Dungie Lord
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-19-2018
RPXP: 0
slushbubs
Posts: 242
Part I: The Witchwood

PART I: THE WITCHWOOD


The rolling hills of Elsir Vale


We join our group smack dab in the middle of their quest for great treasure, that of the infamous Vraath Keep. The group were contracted by a Randrur Cragfall, Dwarf merchant, and giving a hastily scrawled map. The group are not at all familiar with each other, save from your typical pleasantries. It is doubtful that any of them are of the typical sort - this line of work rarely attracts commonfolk.

The afternoon sun beats down on you; the air is hot and still. The sparsely settled lands of Elsir Vale are starting to grow monotonous, with a seemingly endless line of dusty flyspecks of towns. Each of the members of the group begins to wonder why they even took this job in the first place. The town of Drellin's Ferry lies a few miles ahead of you. It's a settlement hard on the borders of the Witchwood, and the best place from which to begin exploring the nearby forest for Vraath Keep.

Asara JunitThis red-haired human woman of average height sits atop her horse, clothed in a simple hide shirt, with daggers and vials about her belts. She seems to be in her thirties, her skin covered with scratches and scars.


BiriThis tall (for a Gnome) woman pilots a pony that seems a bit off to you. She is adorned in simple monks clothing, which her short blonde hair does not reach. Her golden locks are punctuated by a circlet, a ring rests on her finger. Slung on her back is a tiny crossbow (normal-sized for her).


GélithThis towering Elf sits a full foot above the next tallest member of the party, when perched atop his strange tall horse. Upon closer inspection you believe that the creature you're looking at is a "camel," hailing from beyond the dry deserts of the badlands. One thing is for certain, this guy is armed to the teeth. You see a curved sword, a large crossbow, a lance, and a quiver of bolts. His armor looks like chainmail, but is comprised of very small links that look like roiling clouds. You wonder how such a handsome Elf with flowing light brown hair came into the possession of such items.


Jakob LocklusThis rather unassuming human man looks to be about the same age as Asara. His appearance - blonde hair, blue eyes, and tanned skin - give you a feeling that he is an honest hardworking fellow, likely some sort of tradesman. He wears a simple peasant cloak that covers his upper body, kept taught by a simple belt of rope. You wonder if he was the right choice for this kind of work, not seeming like the adventuring type. Even his horse looks poor.


Jaku SilvraLife in Elsir Vale has you accustomed to seeing some unusual things, and this one is definitely a contender for the strangest thing you've ever seen. Before your party set out, you were being accompanied by a male Vanara - an ape or monkey person - if you will. You've heard of them before, and may have seen one or two in your time in the Vale, but you watch as this one transformed into a falcon before your eyes. You glance skyward to make sure he's still up there, following you. He is.


Javier FirefootA middle-aged human man, appearing to be in his forties rounds out this party of adventurers. He too has a horse. He wears the garb of a nobleman, sporting a goatee, with black hair under a wide brimmed hat. You feel a similar way about this guy as you do Jakob. You wonder if he would be any help at all in a fight. At least in Jakobs case you can understand his reasoning. Someone that poor would desire a great treasure. This guy on the other hand, he must just be greedy, or at least heavily overestimating his abilities.


TASK
Please describe, from your character's point of view, just why exactly you took this job. Also describe from your character's point of view, your thoughts on your fellow party members. Once you are done, roll a perception check at the end of your post.


Make sure to click the spoiler button below to see important game info.
If you would like to type OOC, please use {spoilerbutton=OOC}example text{/spoilerbutton}.
Feel free to be as detailed, or not detailed as you like. You may even ask other characters questions, just make sure you include who you are asking and type the dialogue in {say}word{/say} tags.

FOR THOSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO PLAY BUT HAVE NOT FINISHED YOUR CHARACTERS - You may join at any time, just let me know when your character is complete so I can write you in.

Good luck and let the game begin!

 
__________________
[dice]d69[/dice]

Last edited by slushbubs; 04-28-2018 at 07:55 PM. Reason: grammar
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-28-2018, 08:34 PM
Swiftyshifter's Avatar
Swiftyshifter Swiftyshifter is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-12-2018
RPXP: 0
Swiftyshifter
Posts: 83



The air is dry and the great flaming eye in the sky basks us in his warm gaze. I find myself in the company of many strong Vanara-ne, non Vanara people, and it is curious circumstances for one such as me who has rarely seen any life other than the four legs and the verdant growth of the Marth Forest. I feel an outsider, so I spend my days following my new companions high over head, raised aloft on plumed wings of my favorite form, a Sharp-talons-hooked-beak. Ahhhh how the wind ruffles my feathers and the heat from the great eye warms my soul! I am free!

I do not value gold. Gold does not factor into my trial. It simply is, lifeless and destructive, but it is necessary, and, despite it all, it is part of the world so I must head its call and try to understand nature's gilded child. And so, here I am, following my new companions in search of treasure, but while they search for all that is shiny and fleeting, I seek to deepen my connection to the evercircle.

I was wandering along my dusty way, speaking to all the animals who would listen, often shifting into my hawk form to immerse myself in nature and gain the trust of those I would wish to soul bond with. I was seen, by a traveling shorter-than-Vanara named Randrur Cragfall. He is a smelly creature, but his laugh causes the birds to trill in delight, so me, Jaku, listened to what he had to say. He wished to hire me on for an adventure to obtain the treasure of some elder stone hearth called Vraath Keep. Vanara only care for the golden rays of the great eye, and the shimmering jewels of dew laden grass, but the quest would send me to the Witchwood, a place most sacred to those who have dedicated themselves to nature's mysteries. And so i agreed, thinking I am satisfying the edict of my clan, to travel the world for 10 years and become one with the evercircle. Perhaps my spear shall earn its third symbol, and my life will be one step closer to all life. Perhaps my companions will assist me in my sacred trial, though, I fear they fear me or think, as all Vanara-ne do, that Jaku is less man and more animal....

Dice Perception:
1d20+11 (4)+11 Total = 15
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-28-2018, 08:58 PM
TheOneStupeMan's Avatar
TheOneStupeMan TheOneStupeMan is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-27-2018
RPXP: 0
TheOneStupeMan
Posts: 109
Mattias was stifling in the noble clothes he wore. He was used to much more comfortable, practical clothes, but a disguise was a disguise. He'd only taken the job to waste time and perhaps makes a little gold on the way. Maybe his detour would keep his scent from those that were surely chasing him.

Insistent upon taking the rear, he wanted to scope out the party he was going on this little journey with. His gaze rose to the falcon soaring over the party. He'd met a Vanara only once before but that one hadn't been able to change itself into a completely different creature like this. He already didn't give much trust to anyone but his family and anything that could do something like that deserved even less of it. The human woman caught his eye next, he could always appreciate someone else with fiery hair like his, though none of them could tell that was its true color now. He wondered who could put such awful scars on such a beautiful woman. Beautiful though as she may be, her constant muttering to herself told him to watch her just as much as the Vanara.

The only ones he didn't feel completely concerned with were the gnome and the elf. The strangest thing about the elf was his mount. Jaewin had told him of camels but Matt never actually seen one before. On the camel was a banner that told Matt he needn't worry about the elf. He recognized the symbol emblazoned on it as the mark of the Order of the Sword, and anyone who was in an order of any kind would be too righteous and proud to stab you in the back. The only thing about the gnome the caught Matt's eye, besides the fact the she was a female, was the jewelry she wore. If things went south, at least he might be able to turn some sort of profit out of this little misadventure.

It was the small voice that kept him alive for fourteen years among cutthroats and bandits that pulled his attention to the final member of their party. What made this golden haired man more terrifying then the rest was just how unseemly he was. All of the rest made some kind of sense, he could find some reason for their places there, but this man's presence was maddening to him. He knew the poor. He'd lived among them, studied them, just as much as nobles, and no matter the coin they wouldn't take a job like this. Perhaps it was just nerves though, maybe the man was truly that desperate. Who was he to say, but he'd watch him just as closely as the rest. If he came out of this misadventure anyway but alive Jaewin would kill him.

Dice Roll:
1d20+9 (15)+9 Total = 24

Last edited by TheOneStupeMan; 04-28-2018 at 09:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-28-2018, 09:15 PM
cooley's Avatar
cooley cooley is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-04-2018
RPXP: 0
cooley
Posts: 78
A Vale is a Green Desert

As I ride alongside this patchwork troupe of adventurers, I pat Glaedr's neck and sigh.

"What do you think, buddy?"

He tilts his head sideways and a large brown camel eye fixes itself on me, filling me with the comfort of familiarity. I look about me and for the first time appreciate that each other member of my new cohort must feel the same way. I bend low to Glaedr once again and whisper

"At least we've got each other... well, it looks like just about everyone has a companion"

Maybe we can talk about that. I take note of Jakob's horse. Jakob doesn't seem the type to think horses above camels. Asara... who knows. She certainly doesn't seem very... approachable. No point in trying to guess what people are like though I suppose. It's never as simple as it seems.

I look down at Biri, having forgotten she was there, my line of sight being several solid feet above her top-most hair. I have a sudden and silly thought of picking her up and tossing her around. I laugh it off quietly, speaking softly to Glaedr once more.

"Ohhh... and there's the little one. We are in some interesting company, aren't we?"

I see Jaku flying above and shake my head. How must that freedom feel? Freedom at a price I suppose, as he is the only one without a companion. Perhaps that's why he carries that journal around... I wonder where it goes when he's an eagle...

I look to the banner of the Order waving above me. It doesn't really matter where we go, as long as we bring our convictions with us. It's like the Master always said, "Our chivalry does no good when we're all cooped up with one another!"

The old man had a point. Suits me anyway. I've never felt comfortable staying in one place, especially somewhere... populated. Plus, this has been fun so far. After all, what is a Vale but a green desert? I take one more long look across my surroundings.

Dice Perception:
1d20+3 (18)+3 Total = 21
__________________
Gelith
Glaedr
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-28-2018, 10:42 PM
BravoAlphaRomeo BravoAlphaRomeo is offline
Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-01-2018
RPXP: 0
BravoAlphaRomeo
Posts: 20
I pat Marlene's head as my companions and I continue on through the nearly oppressive Elsir heat. "I know girl, I know" I whisper to the steed, if you could even call her that at this point. She is old, and she is not well. "All this for what might not even amount to a single gold piece." I think to myself, as I draw my waterskin from my "belt" to take a sip. I reassure myself that even one gold piece could keep Marlene fed and the wagon moving for weeks, at least, among other things.

I convinced Randrur to allow me to take part in this job under the pretense that my knowledge of the area's routes and towns would be beneficial. While this is partially true, I am also curious to see what kind of folk this kind of job would attract, local or otherwise. Things seem to have been relatively peaceful around Terrelton, but I am unsure how long this will last, and it never hurts to take a more... preemptive approach. Being rather unthreatening, I am positioned in the rear of the party, which works to my advantage. I can continue to closely study my companions, and, while it is inconvenient, it provides me the opportunity to slip off and change into something more conspicuous, should the need arise.

The red haired peasant woman seems harmless enough, although a little reserved. She seems to have talked only to herself since we began our journey, albeit in hushed tones. Something about her definitely seems off, and her scars are confounding. A runaway slave, perhaps?

My eyes fall upon the gnome, her tiny crossbow slung across her back. If there's anything in the Vale that I'm LEAST worried about, it's a female child shooting me with a dart. Pa's mithril has saved me from much, much worse. Still, something about her steed seems... peculiar.

The Elf is another story entirely. If there is one member of the party that I'd rather not have a fair fight with, it's this one. His gear is that of someone at least pretending that he knows his way around a blade. Fortunately enough, he seems pleasant. His... steed, a camel, definitely points to someone who is either very wealthy, or very well traveled. Given the circumstances of him being on this job as well as I, I'll assume the latter. If things go awry on this job, I feel as though I will begin to appreciate his company.

The falcon is still soaring above, which would be reassuring, if he had not been an ape not that long ago. I've seen some strange things in my time, but this is by far the strangest. I'm very curious to the extent of his abilities, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit envious. I can only begin to imagine how much easier my life would be if I could disguise myself as a slug or something. Still, should it come to it, an animal will bleed the same as a man.

The remaining member of our party seems woefully out of place, and it seems as if it is intentional. He looks well off enough, which is strange, seeing as he took the same job the rest of us did. The fact that he appears to be unarmed is concerning, at least. I know why I'm doing it, but him? It's strange. He doesn't look like an idiot, which only leaves one possibility; that he thinks we are. I definitely need to keep an eye on this one.

Dice PERCEPTION:
1d20+7 (20)+7 Total = 27
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-29-2018, 12:25 AM
GravyBoat's Avatar
GravyBoat GravyBoat is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-17-2018
RPXP: 0
GravyBoat
Posts: 77
I stared straight ahead. I was excited to be out on the road and not in a dimly lit library. These small town book collections did nothing to help me anyway. Real knowledge comes from experience, that's what Khaar had always said

I briefly reminisced about my old teacher, the curmudgeon of a dragon who taught me everything. He was the one to give me a new life and the knowledge to know how to keep it. What would he have to say about the strange caravan I now found myself a part of? Probably something less than helpful or overly protective. I still miss him; he left too soon.

The three humans all carried themselves in a similar manner. Humans live short and interesting lives and the trouble they get in as always good for a story. They may even be hiding something. I wanted to ask more but knew it was rude. Everyone has secrets.

The tall elf rode a strange mount. The way it moved was almost hypnotic. It sauntered on and his rider with it, occasionally casting a large enough shadow to keep the sun off my neck. Very much appreciated with the how hard it beat down.

The Vanara was a strange sight. He stayed far away in the sky for now. As long as he has a different shape for when trouble comes around, there shouldn't be any reason to worry.

My fingers tingled as I pet my shimmering pony. The magical touch made me giggle so much I snorted. Quickly becoming embarrassed I took in the sights to maybe discover something to talk about.

Dice Perception:
1d20+9 (20)+9 Total = 29
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-29-2018, 07:58 AM
CouldTryHarder's Avatar
CouldTryHarder CouldTryHarder is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-01-2018
RPXP: 0
CouldTryHarder
Posts: 61
Fire, burn him! Asara couldn't stop thinking of the innkeeper back in Terrelton. She had been kicked out of different inns in past for worse damages (acid on the linens, a minor explosion in the kitchen), but the cost of the table was too steep to pay. Because of the nature of her craft, she knew that these accidents were always discussed with her before she took a room. Accidents were bound to happen when 'she' spoke. Asara shivered and swallowed hard. "No my Lady, I would never blame you for this." Asara knew it was a lie, but also truth. When 'she' spoke Asara couldn't help but yearn for more. Her mind and body felt truly alive, and such a warmth enveloped her that she sometimes felt like submitting just to be a part of it forever. "The fire always welcomes you."No! No! I must hold her at bay. I cannot lose myself.

Asara nervously looked around to see if anyone had heard her. With fire's grace, she was able to secure a job that would take her away from Terrelton. For some time at least. Randrur seemed a nice enough fellow when she found him at the town gate. The pity in his eyes maddened Asara to no end, but an escape was needed and coin was necessary.

Running hands through tangled hair, Asara assessed the traveling companions she rode with. The small gnome leading was simply garbed, but Asara knew magic when it edged at her mind. What secrets could the small gnome hold she wondered. Secrets were now a way of life her Asara. She let the thought go before it could fully form.

She had been curious of the eagle that flew overhead. When first meeting the apeman she was in awe and fear. Asara had never seen a being like this in her years of life and the alchemical magics have taught her many things. Her fear dissolved when 'she' spoke. Vanara. 'She' said it almost with a giggle. Asara couldn't help but laugh as well. He would trouble her no more, though his shape shifting was curious. She wondered if she could replicate the act. A simple concoction on herbs and ginger extract.....her mind wondered in thought.

Asara's gaze passed over the poor man. The poor were always in need of money, and she wouldn't bother to change his mind on adventuring. Nor would she bother protecting him when the time came. Let the foolish man die with pride.

On sight of the finely dressed elf and human, Asara felt her will waver. The opulence both exuded sent her mind in turmoil. Gold must make their pockets heavy and she surely needed gold. The elf was too well armed to take in a fight, but poison eats away at the strongest of foes. The human however, looked like a babe to the ways of adventuring. Fire would consume him easily. Unknowingly, Asara thumbed at a vial on her belt. She caught herself and rested both hands on her stead. "No. Keep her at bay." God's it felt good when 'she' spoke. "Hold 'her.' Stay strong. God's but...when consumed by fire they always return to me/her."

Dice Perception Roll:
d20+6 (2)+6 Total = 8
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-29-2018, 11:50 AM
slushbubs's Avatar
slushbubs slushbubs is offline
Dungie Lord
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-19-2018
RPXP: 0
slushbubs
Posts: 242
Imminent Threat


The road crests a small rise and descends into a dusty grove in a large, shallow dell. An abandoned farmhouse, partially visible through the trees, stands on one side of the road. You've passed a dozen spots much like this one already today, but this one feels wrong. Then you glimpse the glint of mail through the brush by the side of the road. Fierce warriors—tall, hairy humanoids with wide mouths and flat faces—are lying in wait!

Enemy failed 12stealth roll except for vs 9Asara.

Gélith, Jakob, and Javier have all dismounted. Asara and Biri have ridden slightly ahead of their "compainons" and are still mounted. Jaku is currently airborne. The three men in the rear of the pack have just finished up their dialogue. All of the party members with the exception of Asara suddenly realize there are 6 pairs of beady eyes upon them. Asara takes notice of this as well, after seeing her group react. Farther down the trail, you see a thin, lanky wolf with reddish-brown fur, white claws, and burning fiery red eyes.


The map is just to give you an idea of your location for right now. Please roll initiative for me. I will not be updating the map after every turn, just at the end of the round. Please read other posts to get a sense of where everyone is so you don't move into the same spot once combat starts. Once I have all of your initiatives I will make another post, and we will go in the order i have listed. When you roll your initiative in your reply, please describe to me what you would like to do before combat starts. You are not allowed to move into another square yet, but you may ready your weapons, dismount, etc.

RollsThe creatures point their longbows at you, preparing for the attack, despite their losing of the element of surprise. One of them says in a rough, raspy, whisper: "Time to die..."

Dice Enemy Humanoid Initiative (group):
1d20+1 (9)+1 Total = 10

Dice Hound Initiative:
1d20+5 (11)+5 Total = 16


 
__________________
[dice]d69[/dice]
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-29-2018, 12:01 PM
Swiftyshifter's Avatar
Swiftyshifter Swiftyshifter is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-12-2018
RPXP: 0
Swiftyshifter
Posts: 83
Jaku soars overhead and his keen eyes catch the glint of the great eye's rays as it reflects of the mail armor of a group of tall humanoid figures. He issues a screeching call of warning, and it appears as though everyone, with the exception of the red-head woman, heeds the warning and sees the creatures lying in ambush.



Dice Initiative:
1d20+3 (13)+3 Total = 16
Warning: rolls have been deleted from this post.

Last edited by Swiftyshifter; 04-29-2018 at 12:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-29-2018, 12:41 PM
TheOneStupeMan's Avatar
TheOneStupeMan TheOneStupeMan is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-27-2018
RPXP: 0
TheOneStupeMan
Posts: 109
"But of course," Matt smirked at his impoverished looking companion. It maybe that I was wrong about the elf being any trouble but I feel I'm right on the mark about this man. He cursed himself for being so careless in his story. Jaewin had taught him better than that. He'd have to be more cautious. I can't allow myself to be killed or worse on some stupid little side trip.

As quickly as thoughts of caution and disguises came into his head they were swept away by the falcon's screech. Barely a second later he knew what the noise was about, they had let themselves be surrounded. He felt hate-filled eyes on him and immediately spun to his horse and pulled out a crossbow and a quiver of bolts. Hopefully this won't need more explaining. His brown eyes met Jakob's suspicious blue ones.

"It seems we invited some company"

Dice Roll:
1d20+3 (4)+3 Total = 7

Last edited by TheOneStupeMan; 04-29-2018 at 04:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-29-2018, 12:54 PM
CouldTryHarder's Avatar
CouldTryHarder CouldTryHarder is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-01-2018
RPXP: 0
CouldTryHarder
Posts: 61
Transfixed within her own thoughts Asara continues to ride. Her nails dig into the saddle as she feels the warm glow of the Lady's speech inside her mind.

The screeching call of a hawk provides clarity and takes Asara's mind away from 'her' embrace. She gasps loudly as she sees the assailants reveal themselves from the underbrush. Jerking hard on the reins she dismounts in hurry falling onto her knees. Holding the reins with one hand she takes a stance and glances across the dell. Her lips curl back as she flings her cloak back to reveal her 'armory.' "I will not be easy meat."

Dice Initiative:
d20+1 (17)+1 Total = 18
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-29-2018, 01:21 PM
GravyBoat's Avatar
GravyBoat GravyBoat is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-17-2018
RPXP: 0
GravyBoat
Posts: 77
I shook my head at the conversation behind me. "Men" I thought aloud to Asara. She seemed distant and took little notice. I began to take in more of the scenery as a glint sparkled from the sun in the distance.

No, not just one but multiple, 6 warriors were trying to hide in front of us. I hear a cry from Jaku above; it's definitely trouble ahead.

I don't know my companions well enough to fully rely on them. It's not wise to offer support from the front lines anyway, I need to be ready to fight.

I dismount from my pony and begin casting Mage Armor.

"The dragon stirs, it's about to rage. I call upon the armor of the mage."

Bring it on.

Dice Initiative:
1d20+5 (1)+5 Total = 6

Last edited by GravyBoat; 04-29-2018 at 09:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-29-2018, 08:51 PM
cooley's Avatar
cooley cooley is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-04-2018
RPXP: 0
cooley
Posts: 78
As Gélith surveyed the countryside, he noticed a glint in the trees. The carefree look on his face hardened into a stern expression. Quickly glancing about the party, he was relieved to see almost everyone else was alert to the shrouded foes.

A long life of hardship had made Gélith a realist. While he felt virtue and honor best served by friendliness on many occasions, he understood intimately its futility in others. If these were bandits, and that certainly seemed like the case, there was little doubt in his mind what strategy to apply.

Bandits, in Gélith's opinion, were consumed by their own weakness, and bound to a short and painful existence. He had spent many hours contemplating the destructive decisions of men while studying with the Order, and had compassion and pity for them. If he could change their path he would.

But Gélith had no delusions or naivety as he drew his sword and planted his feet firmly in a fighting stance. Their chance of redemption was hastily approaching zero. Without looking away from the figure to his left, he softly spoke to Glaedr.

"Begone from here, my friend. I will call you when there is no more blood to shed"

Gélith's armor began to roil wildly, obfuscating him in mist.

Dice Initiative:
1d20+4 (4)+4 Total = 8
__________________
Gelith
Glaedr
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-29-2018, 09:07 PM
BravoAlphaRomeo BravoAlphaRomeo is offline
Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-01-2018
RPXP: 0
BravoAlphaRomeo
Posts: 20
Upon hearing Jaku's cry from above, I shift my gaze to the treeline. What seem to be enemies, on both sides of the road, readying themselves for a fight.

"In the woods! Look out!" I cry out to the party. My hands tighten around Marlene's reins, and I start looking for a place to get off the road without raising too much suspicion. Now is not yet the time for my companions to realize what exactly it is I do.

"I apologize, folks, but it seems we may be in a bit over our heads! I will ride to find help!"

Dice Initiative:
1d20+7 (14)+7 Total = 21
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-29-2018, 10:41 PM
slushbubs's Avatar
slushbubs slushbubs is offline
Dungie Lord
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-19-2018
RPXP: 0
slushbubs
Posts: 242
Round 1

ROUND 1

Initiative Order
Jakob <
Asara
Jaku
Enemies
Gelith
Javier
Biri

Please review the combat syntax.

Feel free to ask me if what you want to do is allowed if you are not sure. I will not be updating the map after every turn, but rather at the end of every round. Please try to not occupy the same space as someone else. If you do I'll just move you one over.

You may be able to make multiple free actions, such as speaking and trying a knowledge or perception check. Just ask me.

PLEASE ROLL YOUR ATTACK AND DAMAGE ROLLS IN THE SAME POST. I will have to reply after every post. I will notify you personally when you are next in the round.

Please only post in the initiative order. You have 24 hours from the time of the previous post to post your reply if it is your turn.
__________________
[dice]d69[/dice]
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB