twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 05:50 PM
DnD Grognard. Look it up.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 52624
dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth
June POTM

June is a traditional month for Weddings, so in honor of that, we should all look at the games we are playing in, and ask ourselves: "Do you promise to nominate someone this month who has written an exceptional piece of prose in a game?"

And the answer better be: "I do!"

If it was a superb post, nominate it here for Post of the Month, and they may win. Whether or not they do, it's just feels great being nominated!
Old 06-08-2018, 12:54 PM
MoonZar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19712
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Here's my nomination for the post of the month, june 2018.

I have been around on the forum since 2015 and it's the first time one of my fellow PCs die in action.

Context: My character is a young and idealist priestess named Ayako. Her best friend and spiritual brother Garen, dies in her arms. Very dramatic post, well done Exhibit A.

Campaign: Jade Regent
Posted by: Exhibit A
DM who killed the PC: Hound

Original post link: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...74#post8026574

Last edited by MoonZar; 06-08-2018 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:32 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12223
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz
Player Nominated: PIG
Game: Legacy of Fire
DM: PIG

Reason for nomination: To be honest it could be any of PIG's post that was nominated here, but this one stands out as a remarkable example. PIG manages to juggle far more clubs than what would seem possible. While keeping the story flowing steadily and constant and having a host of demanding PCs to cater for, PIG also nurse a mechanical backdrop that make any geek drop their jaw: His party is split in two battles, he has more NPCs than PCs and the foes are trickling in with every DM post to provide a creeping sensation of imminent doom. As if that wasn't enough he adds Golarion lore (on faith), little drops of goodness to our PCs' senses - like a gunshot carried with the wind or the lungs displaying fatigue on our party fighter. On top of that, PIG manages in this post, to introduce a guest NPC and make us soil ourselves in fear...

Link to Post: Link (there is a secret tag with Fandrik's whispered message, but the post displays fine without it, too.)

Last edited by Dressedtojazz; 06-25-2018 at 02:33 AM.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:44 PM
walks by me to get to him

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10667
goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal
Player Nominated: goatmeal
Game: West Marches
DM: Trapper
Reasons: I’ve been nominated for this award a few times, but this is the first time I’ve nominated myself. It does feel a bit weird to do so, but I want Exhibit A or PIG to feel like there was a bit more competition for their win this month. Also, I just really want more people to read this post and there are like four of you judging it. When an NPC encounter presented an opportunity to get inside our characters’ heads, I couldn’t really pass up the opportunity to make this sort of post. I hope you enjoy reading it.

Link

Old 07-04-2018, 01:14 AM
dilige et quod vis fac

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7949
ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb
Player: gotha
Game: The Last Journey
DM: ByronBulb

Reasons: The Last Journey takes place in a world called Ragnari.

This is for the most part a savage, primitive land where the inhabiting tribes are periodically called upon to provide a champion for sacrifice. These chosen undertake the Last Journey. They are to visit each of the tribes who have contributed sacrifices and gain blessings from their totem spirits. Once this is accomplished they travel north and give themslves to the gods of that realm. In this way the cycle of seasons is renewed. Ragnari persists another year.

Only the strongest and most promising young members of the tribes are called to this purpose. Their vitality is most pleasing to the gods in the north. They are marked, either from birth or by some near-mythic event in their youth as chosen, and they live destined lives as a result.

Or at least, this is supposed to be how it goes.

Gren is the weakest son of an assimilated and near-extinguished tribe. He was chosen by their conquerors, nihilistic worshipers of flame and destruction, as an insult to this rite. The Burning Ash hope that he will so displease the gods that the cycle will be broken, and the world will be cast into oblivion. Gren stands chest-high among heroes, with ashen bonds on his wrists and on his heart, and he doubts.

I'm nominating gotha for June's post of the month for their nuanced portrayal of a character who doesn't belong, doesn't fit the heroic mold, and who may yet break it for reasons of his own.

LINK

Note that this post lays the foundation for the following one, which is also an excellent contribution to the game, and which deserves a nomination just as much. If I could nominate both I would do so without a moment's hesitation.

Old 07-04-2018, 09:39 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2405
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Player: Niyaga
Game: The Siege of Aänor's Reach
DM: GallupsMirror

Reasons:
This is by far my favorite game on the site right now. GallupsMirror has presented us with a stunning campaign full of depth and hard choices which, combined with the excellent posts of the other PCs, has so far made for an incredible story. This submission is just one of many I have read throughout this campaign so far.

Niyaga plays Dibo Willowander, an extremely talkative and likable halfling knowledge cleric. His rapid fire questions and references provide a wealth of RP flavor which combined with strong writing skills makes an enjoyable and memorable PC. It is very hard to pick just one of his posts that really encompasses all of what Dibo is, but this one does a pretty fair job displaying it.

Link to Private Thread

Closed Thread