RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 06-01-2018, 10:20 AM
Worldcrafter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31015
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption
Outplay 2018 Results!

And The Winner Is...

This year, Outplay doesn't have a winner... it has two! Rather than naming one overall winner, we bring you two winners - one for Pathfinder and one for 5th edition DnD. The two brackets both showcased some excellent players, and win or lose there was great play all around!

A huge thanks to all competitors, judges, applicants and spectators! This year was a huge success, and I'm excited to do it again next year!
Old 06-01-2018, 10:43 AM
Groom'd

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13048
DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina
I didn't want to be the first one to post, but AHHH!!! This is incredible! I don't win things!

Thanks so much for running such a great competition!

Last edited by DAquilina; 06-01-2018 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:07 AM
Existential _________

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6807
Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin

Congrats, jbear and DAquilina!
{As Featured in Explosive Runes #24!}
"The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge."

Last edited by Gaijin; 06-01-2018 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:36 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1207
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
Congrats winners!!!! I see that I'm going to have to up my game next year. So until then....

Again congrats to the winners, to the people who ran the game and for trying out a new formant. I didn't win but I had fun with my character.

Thanks!!!!!
Old 06-01-2018, 12:55 PM
Mindshifter
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4212
Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex
Damnation! I was hoping 'The Exit' was really, really far from the actual exit and Ikol would have gotten more minus points so I could sneak into third place by virtue of ARC's lucky treasure rolls.

Couldn't have happened to a more amazing bunch of characters. Vallesh, I am not going to steal Hunger but create a character heavily inspired by him for my tabletop round.

Congratulations to jbear who made the Team Fortress' Pyro look sane, and Daquilina who made grimdark drama fun and entertaining to read. For all the randomness of the loot distribution, I think the correct winners rose to the top.

I still want to see a cross-platform deathmatch between the two, though.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:54 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24217
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Two Winners?

That is definitely a surprise. Congratulations to jbear and Daquilina! You both played very well and wrote some amazing characters. Vallesh you were amazing to play with this year and I think Hunger is very deserving of the award of awards. You fit so much in such little time it was an honor to roleplay with you. As for everyone else, it was a great competition this year great job.

Thank you judges and ARC for taking on more than was sanely possible.

Last edited by Avner; 06-01-2018 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:37 PM
I killed the Easter Bunny

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6718
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Congratulations to the champions! I didn't have/take the time to read through the 5E shenanigans going on, but Ulf definitely earned his place! Seeing all the characters that Roc ran into and their interactions was fantastic. I'll be back again next year.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:01 PM
Dastardly Dolphin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7969
Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh
Congratulations to Jbear and Daquilina! Jbear welcome the win Osa/Ullysees was a fantastic character, I loved the background flashbacks especially, the dichotomy of cannibal tribe and rich owner. Your writing as always draws me into the character. Zinrokh, I enjoy a goblin and Ikol was a perfectly hilarious one that made me snort with laughter many times and your puns we truly wonderfully awful. Vex, man that was one mean and elegant character the starting poems were perfect everytime. There were so many great and interesting characters in the 5e bracket was just sad Hunger didn't get to drool over all of them or even eat a single one... I thoroughly enjoyed the past few weeks, even if they drained me and caused me to stay up too late many times.

Thanks to ARC, the judges and the other people behind the scenes for all your hard work setting up this new style of Outplay. I look forward to hopefully seeing many of you next year!
Old 06-01-2018, 09:43 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 245
Alvadir Alvadir Alvadir
Congrats to everyone and well played! It's been great to see the best of the best at work.
Old 06-02-2018, 03:16 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10714
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
Congrats to the winners!
Old 06-02-2018, 09:55 AM
Kraken Priest

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1803
Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh
left-aligned image
22 points? Did Hunger eat one of Ikol's TP so he wouldn't have to share second place?

Grats to winners this year. It was a lot of fun. It was great hearing the positive feedback and the enjoyment the people were getting out of Ikol and his nonsense which made the hecticness of high quality daily posting worth it.

I hope I'll get the chance to play with some of the very talented players who took part in this year's event in the future.

Happy Gaming

Last edited by Zinrokh; 06-02-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:49 PM
All men perish...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6450
Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv
Can't really be upset about coming in second considering all the great players we had. Kudos everyone