twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 06:21 PM
DnD Grognard. Look it up.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 52624
dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth
July POTM

July is the height of summer for those in the Northern Hemisphere, or the coldest part of winter, for those in the Southern. Either way, it's too hot, or too cold, to do anything except sit inside, and game with your friends.

And as you do game with them, why not nominate them for their great posts? It's easy and free!

If it was a superb post, nominate it here for Post of the Month, and they may win. Whether or not they do, it's just feels great being nominated!
Old 07-27-2018, 06:51 PM
???%

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10253
AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli
Player Nominated: TheGoodDoctor
Game: Way of the Wicked
GM: Gox

Reason for nomination: While tensions have been high throughout the criminal protagonists breaking out of the prison, things have begun to reach a boiling point after the so-far-silent escape got the alarm called on them, all due to one character's arrogance. While no party member died from the slip up, temporary alliances that seemed solid have suddenly broken and Killer Fox is trying his level best to keep everyone pacified - both for their sakes and his.

Link to Post: link

Old 07-30-2018, 06:57 PM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1819
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Player Nominated: NotAHoneyBadger
Game: Gold into Blue (solo bazaar game)
GM: Karhald

Reason for nomination: The character, a blue-skinned and silver-eyed elven Troubadour named Sona, has found herself smitten by a tavern owner. She played a simple tune for a tryout, and it was acceptable, but uninspired. The tavern owner sees something more in the young Elven singer, and challenges her to sing from her heart, which Sona is loath to do, but she just cannot refuse the beautiful Darla. The tavern owner is human, but due to circumstances explained earlier in the story, her mother tongue is Sperethiel (elven). Sona reaches deep into herself, opening herself to her own wounded past to perform a song of love, tragedy, betrayal and sorrow.

Link

Last edited by Karhald; 07-30-2018 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-31-2018, 12:39 AM
dilige et quod vis fac

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7949
ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb
Player Nominated: ByronBulb
Game: Haryn: Where Gods Tread
GM: DarkPaladin

Reason for nomination: This is quite embarrassing. I very much do not like nominating myself for things. It feels wrong. Below is a post that I was very pleased with when I wrote it, and which I do not hate on rereading. Thank you for your time.

LINK

Old 07-31-2018, 06:14 AM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6854
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy
Player Nominated: Scimmy
Game: Guardians of the North
GM: LeoByron

Reason For Nomination: Much like Byron this feels a little skeevy. I really like this post even though it falls short of the picture in my head I like how this ties things together in past and present. We had just recently met Nolia and she was feeling super skittish around the group. Khole was scarred as a child and developed one-way telepathy which was oddly startling and comforting to Nolia at the same time. Khole is a Gathlain which is a fey that is part plant and since Nolia is a Dryad she finds herself comfortable with the familiarity of the mental communication and sharing how her sisters and grove were destroyed, so Khole in turn shares his story...this is that story. (sorry couldn't resist a little melodrama at the end)

LINK

Old 07-31-2018, 09:53 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12223
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz
Player nominated: Khalil
Game: Serpent's Skull
DM: Dressedtojazz

Reason for nomination: So I killed off Slaadi, the grippli Pathfinder agent and apparently it turns out that the charming and polite little frogman had a mission that was more important than anything. When Khalil twisted the cloth yet again and drew forth another wonderful character from the creative liquid, Captain Wolf, he hinged this new concept together with his old character. In the nominated post we find Captain Wolf in a philosophical state of mind (giving some fodder to me and fellow players on his time oracle class selection) as he encounters the rest of the group. Khalil had cleverly placed Captain Wolf outside the other PC's camp location and thus provided himself an excuse for direct contact.
Khalil offers a post with lots of variety, lots of stuff to roleplay up against and a great way to introduce a character that isn't entirely unhooked right from the bat.

Link

Old 08-03-2018, 05:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5847
Gox Gox Gox Gox Gox Gox Gox Gox Gox Gox Gox
Player nominated: AwesomeEli
Game: Way of the Wicked
DM: Gox

Reason for nomination: The party's cohesion has been very tenuous, with each member keeping secrets, acting aggressively, or both. However, the group has once again been faced with some odd evidence left behind by their mutual foe, the country that was planning to execute all of them, in the form of bare bones. This, and some genuine apologies, has repaired the inter-PC anger that was flaring up, with the cruelly calculating Lyssa even going so far as to admit her own mistakes and invite one of the other PCs to join her whenever they get some time where they aren't in imminent danger of being killed.

link

Closed Thread