RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e > Archived
twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 10:15 PM
Better than the Best

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4790
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
8-A: Any Color As Long As It's Black (archived)

Chapter 8, for... everybody, pretty much. C.C. will join at brunch/after her visit is over, whichever comes first IRL.
Orrin
You step through the brown portal into Petran's realm, feeling refreshed by the solid earth beneath your feet. "Hello, Orrin..." Petran greets, stirring into form. "I is good... to see you..."

Kodama
You have a fairly restful sleep all things considered, and you wake up the next morning to artificial sunlight, chirping birds hopping around the piles of fruit, and a strong rapping at the door, followed after a few seconds by a more hesitant tap-tap-tap. Daisy's translator sounds from outside. "<<Kodama? Are you in there?>>"

The clock on the wall shows that it's approximately 8 am. "Sorry Kody, I held her off as long as I could," Cat assures you through the door.

Enoch
You're woken up after your absolutely required four hours of sleep by the rays of fluorescent light streaming through the door as it's pushed gently open. Kali slips through and closes it behind her, glancing at the bed before taking the headphones out of her ears and setting them and her phone gingerly aside, brushing her hair aside from where it sticks to her forehead. She's dressed in a sweaty light pink tank top, black shorts, and running shoes, moving to poke around in the closet and taking out one of many identical suits before tiptoeing toward the bathroom. She pauses at the door, turns, and smiles. "Good morning, Matt," she whispers. "I'll just be a few minutes. The Empyrean says breakfast will be ready then too." She slips into the bathroom and closes the door behind her.

The door veritably flies open just a few seconds later. <<BOSS!>> Steve exults, the bright lights flicking on with his entrance. <<I finished the job you gave me! Took out some lines of code that played fanfare anytime somebody said Mephistopheles in a few of the rooms, and some lines that took embarrassing footage from the Robbies and edited it to pop culture songs! It was great!>> He does a loop and lands on the ceiling, scuttling over to the ceiling above you. <<Wasn't Kali just in here? I want to tell her too!>>

Wraith
The lights turn on, though they're a warm yellow. A Robbie tugs at the covers, pulling them off. "Good morning Wraith," the Empyrean greets. "Oberon is waiting outside your door."

Virtue
You wake up, bright-eyed and bushy tailed. Dirk evidently started watching some crime show last night and left it on, the man himself snoring quietly on the end of the couch, his mouth hanging open and drool running from the corner of his mouth, no less than FIVE liquor bottles scattered around him and the remote hanging in his hand. The lights are on, but very dim, most of the light coming from the TV. You can smell mouth-watering pancakes and bacon being cooked... somewhere, probably the kitchen.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:29 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4261
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
"Thank you. Could you kindly make us a pot of gunpowder tea please? It's a kind of green tea. Oh and some bacon rolls please, and what Oberon wants. "
He walks over to the door and opens it. "Good morning Oberon. Come in. Thank you for coming to see me."
Once they are sitting. "I'm thinking of holding a party for the champions on the Island of Santorini. Epirus recommended fairy catering. What would it cost me?"
Old 07-07-2018, 10:50 PM
Better than the Best

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Wraith
"Aye-aye! But it might be a couple minutes, Kali is tying up the stove at the moment, she'll be done very soon."

Oberon enters and sits cross-legged on the floor, placing his hands on his knees. He arches a dark eyebrow and blinks, evidently caught off guard. "Well, I would suppose that depends on how many people it was for. I am sure you understand it is not a service we provide often, but for twenty people or so and for the champions, I would not ask for much of anything at all." He tilts his head. "However, should you choose to express your gratitude to the fae who are there, and cooking in person as it were, may I recommend gifts of jewelry? Few things are so prized by my people as their ornaments, though they cannot seem to hold on to them for very long."
Old 07-07-2018, 10:54 PM
Always fails will saves

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4051
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Enoch smiles, watching Kali disappear. Benefits of not sleeping. THAT'S how you get the shower.

Enoch throws on a shirt and shorts as Steve enters, chuckles at the prankster's sense of humor. <<How much trouble to restore the former? And which rooms was it?>>

Virtue

Virtue carefully takes the remote and turns off the TV. Empy can you make sure he's not disturbed, and have the little robots meet me to take the bottles? She carefully gathers the bottles aside, puts the blanket on the man up to his waist, then kisses his forehead as he has hers many times. She carries the bottles with her as she leaves.

Last edited by gravenimages; 07-07-2018 at 11:05 PM.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:57 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4630
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
Kodama yawns loudly and quickly gets up for the visitors at her door. "Yeah hold on one minute!" She calls out. It had been a pretty good snooze for her, the first good sleep in her human form for like a week. First she'd stayed with Vampires and then she slept in the Amazon proper. Kodama gets dressed in some tight jeans, a white tank top and a plaid button-up shirt left unbuttoned. She asks Empyrean whether Epirus is in the base and if he is whether he brought someone while she's tugging on clothes. After that she skips over to the door. "What's up girls? What time y'all get up this morning?" She asks, opening the door. She clearly meant what time did Daisy wake Cat up.

Last edited by Shylocke; 07-07-2018 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:20 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
"Well it had occurred to me we hadn't done anything fun together. It's all been work. What I'm thinking is buying a couple of nights at a nice hotel, but have the party somewhere outside and secluded. I don't know if you have people out that way that could recommend a spot?"
On the subject of jewelry he asks. "How many fay would be catering, and what would be an acceptable piece of jewelry be worth?"
Old 07-08-2018, 12:16 PM
Better than the Best

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
But it's not my fault, Kali protests. I was, I was in the gym and I realized what time it was and I hurried back here.

It's currently around 8am. You'll have to tell the computer if you want to have breakfast in here, she informs you. Right now I told it we would eat in the dining room.

<<About half an hour,>> Steve replies. <<I'm getting good at it! And it was your room, Orrin's room, and the sim control room.>>

Steve drops off the ceiling, buzzes to bathroom door and listens for a moment. <<Oh, she's in the shower.>> He buzzes away and towards you. <<When I can I get my launcher boss?!>> he asks excitedly, hovering around the middle of the room.

Virtue
Two of the robbies run in, moving silently save for a quiet whirr of mechanics, trailing you back out.

In the kitchen, more Robbies are cooking stacks of pancakes -plain, blueberry, and chocolate chip- and bacon, a pan off scrambled eggs and cheese steaming off to the side. Nobody else seems to be here at the moment.

Kodama
"Yes, Epirus is here in his room, however, he is by himself and brought no guests."

"Around six, I think," Cat replies, still holding a cup of coffee. "<<I woke up at five thirty,>>" the chimera replies, tail twitching behind her. "<<The computer said somebody needed the room later, so I need to stay out here for now.>>"

"And if I find out who..." Cat mutters to herself, hiding a smirk behind her cup of coffee. "You two get into any more life secrets after I left?" She chuckles quietly, then her eyes open wide and she nearly chokes on her coffee. "That's a LOT of fruit," she says, gesturing to the piles visible through the open door. "You throwing a party and inviting all the monkeys?"

Wraith
"Not in Santorini off the top of my head," Oberon replies, accepting a bowl of what seems to be bland porridge from the Robbie as your bacon rolls and tea are likewise brought in. He tilts his head from side to side."Perhaps six, perhaps eight. The value of the jewelry is less important, so long as it is genuine and so long as it shines and glitters."
Old 07-08-2018, 12:42 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
"All of that is just a big misunderstanding. The animals can eat what they like and the rest can go as compost and for the insects." Kodama waves at the fruit with a frown. "We didn't really get into much else at the pool... just you know, being friendly and all that. I've got a standing offer to visit his old farm sometime. Part of a group thing if I heard it right." Kodama shrugs and shakes her head. At least her social calendar wasn't empty. Orrin's farm, Wraith's island party. Seafood in Italy with Epirus. Possibly a hike with Gunther if C.C. didn't strut on by.

"Uhm... Empyrean, let Epirus know I'm free to talk whenever, like, only if he wants to. Don't interrupt anything or wake him up." Who knew what state of mind he was in. It could be anything from heartbroken to forlorn and accepting to blissful jubilation. Kodama claps her hands together to bring all the attention back to the three of them. "So! To what do I owe the honor of this visit, Daisy? I hope you slept okay, knowing you're safe and among friends." She smiles warmly at the chimera who by all appearances looked like she was in a good mood.
Old 07-08-2018, 01:08 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
"So if I gave you money later, would you take care of the jewellery? You know your people's tastes better than I." Wraith raises the mask halfway so he can eat. "There is gunpowder tea coming if you would like a drink. It's a green tea that's nice. "
Old 07-08-2018, 01:21 PM
Better than the Best

Tools
User Statistics
Kodama
"<<I slept okay,>>" the chimera replies. "<<I wanted to say, thank you. For meeting the dragon. And the base.>>"

Cat nods approvingly in the background.

Wraith
"I would not," Oberon replies seriously. "The idea is that you are expressing your gratitude to them with thoughtful gifts. I would much rather accept a direct payment for the service than enable the pretense of caring." He shakes his head. "I am sorry, I do not care for green tee." He sets about eating his porridge.
Old 07-08-2018, 01:59 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
"Awww! You're welcome Daisy! I really appreciate that!" Kodama exclaims. She glances at Catherine, wondering how much of this is genuine and how much of it is coached. "I hope you know I'm very proud of you. You've had so many changes to deal with in just one day, and so many new people you had meet. You're doing great." Kodama knew she was repeating herself on this point quite a bit. But it was still true, and repetition for Daisy's age could be useful.

"Do you two have anything planned for today? Or since the sim room is busy, you kinda playing it by ear?"
Old 07-08-2018, 02:16 PM
Better than the Best

Tools
User Statistics
Kodama
"<<I do not know,>>" Daisy replies.

"By ear," Cat answers. "Try some more foods, maybe show her around the lounge, find something she can play if she wants. See if that little girl wants to play with her some more. How about you?"
Old 07-08-2018, 03:25 PM
Always fails will saves

Tools
User Statistics
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Given any thought on where you want to have our honeymoon?

<<Yeah, let's turn the Mephisto thing back on. Good reminder for Orrin and I. We'll start working on it later today but lots of things to get done, so it might be delayed. We'll get it figured out though. >>

Dining room is fine. Fathom threatened to come pry me out of the room back when the most significant draw was the electronics. I'd rather not test that. But I'm showering first.

He gathers up a t-shirt and khakis for his turn.

Virtue

Virtue seats herself quietly at a side table, asking only for a glass of water and an apple.

Last edited by gravenimages; 07-08-2018 at 03:29 PM.
Old 07-08-2018, 03:50 PM
Better than the Best

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
Okay, Matt. Cat said nice things about Paris, Kali replies aimlessly. I don't know... somewhere nice. Have you?

<<You got it! I'll do it now!>> Steve says enthusiastically, flying out the door and down the hall toward the server room.

A hair-dryer whirrs for about a minute, before Kali comes out of the bathroom, dressed in her black suit and tie -but, unusually, a light blue blouse instead of the usual white- and wandering toward her shoes, kneeling down to slip them on. She turns her head and smiles sweetly at you as her fingers finish the automatic motion. "I'll be in the kitchen then," she replies.

Virtue
The glass of water and apple are delivered post-haste. "Would you like the apple cut into slices?" the computer asks.

A Robbie runs past you with a bottle of beer and a banana muffin; but it's not heading towards the lounge where you left Dirk, rather out another hallway.

Kali emerges from the same hallway, sidestepping the Robbie. She's dressed in a crisp black suit and dress shoes. She waves at you as she enters. "Good morning, Virtue," she says with a smile, walking toward the stove and staring at the food for a moment. She turns on her heel. "Would you like some?" she offers with wide-eyes, gesturing vaguely toward the pancakes and other food. "There's more than enough for me and Enoch to eat anyway... please don't, don't be shy."
Old 07-08-2018, 04:29 PM
Always fails will saves

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Save me some pancakes Enoch entreats, then hurries into the shower.
Easy for YOU to Saaaaay / Your heart has never been broken... / Something something something / NOT YET NOT YET! / One of THESE daaaays..
Enoch emerges a few minutes later, wearing a black shirt with a red ninja emblazoned thereon. The ninja holds a taco and a moracca, and wears a sombrero. Above and below is the text... "Poor ninjas... No cultural identity." Khakis and flip flops are thrown on, and he makes his way to the dining room.

Virtue

Virtue asks for her apple to be cut. Hi Kali, good morning! She greets the woman with a sunny smile.

At the invitation she rubs her tummy. Mmm smells good! Just a little bit of each please Empy! And a glass of milk. She asks, endeavoring to make short work of the apple slices.

Last edited by gravenimages; 07-08-2018 at 04:47 PM.
Closed Thread