Old 08-31-2018, 08:04 AM
S. John Ross

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 300
Ghalev Ghalev Ghalev Ghalev
Risus - Eye of the Galaxy

NOTICE
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU FOR PEEKING IN!

Last edited by Ghalev; 09-05-2018 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:23 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 412
OldeHob OldeHob OldeHob OldeHob OldeHob
Let me clear an hour after work, and I am so pouncing on this. Right now i have too many ideas and too little time but this is a great concept!

Last edited by OldeHob; 08-31-2018 at 02:24 PM. Reason: sloppy grammar
Old 08-31-2018, 03:26 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
GuyHoyle
Iím Guy Hoyle. Iíve run a Risus campaign with the Sci-Fi club at an all-girlsí Catholic high school for six or seven years now, including a space opera one two years ago. My favorite character was in a Gloranthan RuneQuest Campaign, where I played an awakened herd-man (think a human from the Planet of the Apes given intelligence but no skills.) I have run an played Call of Cthulhu, so thatís the mystery aspect covered.

My proposed character is Torgon the Eviscerator, former Emperor of the Sanguinary Nebula, Overlord of Shanghalla, Thrice-Sovreign of the Moons of Meepzor, and He Who Would Rule the Sevagram. He was overthrown by an Earthling named Flash Rogers. His daughter, Torghilda, betrayed and abandoned him
His Grand Vizier absconded with all the maps for his secret laboratories, treasuries, armories, fleetyards, and palaces, so he was left penniless and without employment. He soon found that his vicious wit could be utilized as a Critic-at-Large for a great galactic media empire, where he writes his splog (space blog), ďThe View from Torgonís Throne.Ē
Old 08-31-2018, 05:17 PM
S. John Ross

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldeHob View Post
Let me clear an hour after work, and I am so pouncing on this. Right now i have too many ideas and too little time but this is a great concept!
Thank you for your interest; I'll look forward to your character pitch!
Old 08-31-2018, 05:21 PM
S. John Ross

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyHoyle View Post
I’m Guy Hoyle. I’ve run a Risus campaign with the Sci-Fi club at an all-girls’ Catholic high school for six or seven years now, including a space opera one two years ago. My favorite character was in a Gloranthan RuneQuest Campaign, where I played an awakened herd-man (think a human from the Planet of the Apes given intelligence but no skills.) I have run an played Call of Cthulhu, so that’s the mystery aspect covered.

My proposed character is Torgon the Eviscerator, former Emperor of the Sanguinary Nebula, Overlord of Shanghalla, Thrice-Sovreign of the Moons of Meepzor, and He Who Would Rule the Sevagram. He was overthrown by an Earthling named Flash Rogers. His daughter, Torghilda, betrayed and abandoned him
His Grand Vizier absconded with all the maps for his secret laboratories, treasuries, armories, fleetyards, and palaces, so he was left penniless and without employment. He soon found that his vicious wit could be utilized as a Critic-at-Large for a great galactic media empire, where he writes his splog (space blog), “The View from Torgon’s Throne.”
Thank you sir! Once there have been a short stack of pitches, I'll select the three most splendiferous and contact everyone via PM to let them know if (A) they're in or (B) they're being begged to re-pitch for the next one instead. I forsee no (C)s, but we'll C.

(Also, I notice you're still marked yellow as a newcomer to the site, so be sure and poke around and introduce yourself so your PM access will be unlocked. See this post for some info: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=133817 )

Last edited by Ghalev; 08-31-2018 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:29 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 937
MossStone MossStone MossStone MossStone MossStone MossStone MossStone MossStone
Will you let us apply if we've never played the game before. It's not my normal style game (seems kinda like a space-age Pandemonium) but it sounds amazing.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:32 PM
S. John Ross

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MossStone View Post
Will you let us apply if we've never played the game before. It's not my normal style game (seems kinda like a space-age Pandemonium) but it sounds amazing.
No Risus experience necessary. I'll consider each pitch whole, and the "Risus experience" line is a tiny fraction of the whole =) Thank you for your interest!
Old 08-31-2018, 07:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1775
Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson
Man, I wish I could pounce all over this, but I JUST picked up a new (great) game and don't think I can meet the posting requirements and give the quality of posts that would make me happy. Still, consider me interested...if nothing more than to show folks that people are interested in Risus games here on RPGX.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:04 PM
S. John Ross

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warson View Post
Man, I wish I could pounce all over this, but I JUST picked up a new (great) game and don't think I can meet the posting requirements and give the quality of posts that would make me happy. Still, consider me interested...if nothing more than to show folks that people are interested in Risus games here on RPGX.
Thanks for the interest! I certainly appreciate the time constraints, but if this goes well I'll run more 😁
Old 09-01-2018, 03:49 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Character Pitch
Character Name: Rubius Bill (Bill being an old and distinguished family name)
Character Species: Bill is a Mark II SRPS (Self Replicating Personality Swarm). This is a very early model of, a now mostly abandoned, life extension scheme that was sold to the very rich a rather long time ago. It consist of several kinds of specialized spheres the a collectively make up the swarm. There are is a cluster that make up the personality matrix, several kinds of sensors, some crude short range tractors, energy modules, mass collectors, and constructors. The last three components make up the bulk. They all float around in an amorphous mass, but can take crude shapes. The communicate by short range radio wave with each other, glomming together if there is interference, and by small specialized speakers modules with the rest of the world. This actually turned out to be a bad move for Rubius because there actually isn't much trash in space to rebuild from (space denizens being naturally conservative types), and he is constantly needing more mass. Also, software upgrades are really rare on this old model. The model is durable though, a flaw the corrected in later versions, and if a few essential spheres survive an accident he can rebuild (given enough trash.)
Rubius is a male personality, which while lacking biology, still gets him in trouble.
Day Job: Rubius Bill is a photo journalist, focusing on going places that people with lungs would have trouble with. He shoots video, takes sensory scans, and of course lots of still shots. His ability to get places other can't have let him uncover some shady things in the fields of business and in the personal lives of cherished (but actually horrible) celebrities. He has a good eye for aesthetic which he got from his former day job....
Before Drummond: Before Drummond, Rubius Bill was a professional rich person. He was the grandson of the famous pioneer adventurer, Rocket Bill. Rocket Bill made the a fortune first in mining in various asteroid belts and then in luxury spa's set up in the shells of those mines. Alas, as a wastrel Bill the Youngest couldn't really account for himself during a Blixar Union Uprising in LUXURY VII, his home rock and ended up getting booted after stealing lots of money and being fatally wounded... thus the MRK II SRPS. He turned freelance blogger after out of self pity and the need to buy garbage.

Old 09-01-2018, 03:55 AM
S. John Ross

Tools
User Statistics
TY very much, OldeHob!
Old 09-01-2018, 04:00 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you in return. Even if I don't make the cut, this concept was great to write, and I will use is somewhere. (mind I want to use it here)
Old 09-01-2018, 03:52 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
shawnroske
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghalev View Post
Game NameRisus - Eye of the Galaxy

Application: Character Pitch
Character Name: Captain Ray Pierce
Character Race/Species/Model/Nature/Sex/Gender: Human
Day Job: Drummond Panoptic shipping captain. "The news must get through!!!" Can't resist getting involved in the schemes and disasters his co-worker passengers get into. Before Drummond: Former Star League fighter pilot, former Galaxian Privateer, former scoundrel... now turned Drummond Panoptic delivery boy. How the egotistical have fallen...

I see Ray as captain space guy in denial that he's now a newspaper delivery driver. He jumps at the chance to do anything heroic or underhanded.

Application Details: You. Tell me about:Your Experience with Risus: I jumped into Risus maybe 7 years ago? Possibly more. Heard about it on r/rpg. I bought the companion. I ran a very short steampunk thing. I always admired its cleaver use of how any cliche can be opposed to any other.

Your Experience with Swashbuckling/Pulp Style RPGs. I've been gaming since 1983, so I've done this genre on several occasions with some D&D or other. I haven't played 7th Sea. Savage Worlds was pretty pulpy for me when I ran Necessary Evil with my son and nephew a while back. I mostly do plenty of freeform larping these days. Check out Jay Treat's Strange Gravity-- one of my favorites.

Your Experience with Space-Adventure RPGs: I played the hell out of WEG Star Wars, and, as I've said, I'll jump into the genre in a larp whenever I have the opportunity. I love captain spaceguy.

Your Experience with Mystery RPGs: Big fan. I was in a playtest of Noirlandia last year, I highly recommend checking it out. One of my best Lovecraft gaming times was playing in a Tremulous game where the MC used a CoC module set in South America... everyone went insane. It was excellent.

Tell me, in brief (seriously, brief), about one of your best-ever PCs in any campaign from your past: One of my favs, hands down, was playing in a pbp Paranoia campaign on myth-weavers as the docbot. With UV collusion, I was the torn off left hand of a giant mecha-warbot, complete with sparks occasionally shooting out my upended wrist. The bot had a stolen docbot chip and was trying to start a new life. Of course eventually the rest of me showed up to reattached me. TPK. Computer rewarded me by relegating my bot to scrubbing out the sewer. Best case scenario.

Last edited by shawnroske; 09-01-2018 at 03:53 PM.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:55 PM
S. John Ross

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you, shawnroske!
Old 09-01-2018, 04:17 PM

Tools
User Statistics
valerie S
Hello I have a question.

I plan on creating a character having much inspiration from the character Supergirl although mainly in backstory and powers. Of course, she will have the same Risus stats as everyone else, just wanting to sort of mix and match some ideas I have.