OOC “...you can reply to this message.” - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > The Breaking of Exandria
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-05-2018, 03:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1501
4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger
“...you can reply to this message.”

Hey guys, here is the out-of-character discussion thread for the Breaking of Exandria game, for all your between post thoughts and anything that comes up.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:44 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger
Welcome! I’m really looking forward to this game! Thank you guys for taking a chance on it. I’m hoping we can have a lot of fun with it for a good while. With the characters you’ve brought it should definitely be interesting!

Speaking of the characters, there were a lot of really good ones that applied for this game. A few of them were designed and written as well as yours. There was just something about these seven that I couldn’t pass up.

The first theme I put forward for this game was redemption. Confire Tenpenny is a man in need of redemption if there ever was one! I want to see how and if that happens.

Another theme of the game is growth. Ronald Devyn wants to be more than the street thug he is. I want him to be more than he is too. Plus he brings some muscle.

Bellamy “Doc” Hannan has a backstory I couldn’t pass up. And I think the character is awesome.

Cyprian Thoros is that stoic professional that every party needs. Plus his path was decided for him up to now and I wanted to see what paths he’d choose for himself.

In the tone section of the advertisement I said “You can’t have light without darkness.” Well, the opposite is true too. Ada Proudwind brings the light and some optimism (and beer) to a group of broken people.

Talia Cat was just such a cool character. I mean a feline Shifter swashbuckler with a hand in every pot! This story will be that much better with her along!

And finally, Verdigris brings the exotic outlander trying to find his place in a new world.

Anyway, great characters! Thanks for bringing them. I posted the basic character creation guidelines in the Character thread for you. Just post or link your characters in that thread when you’re ready! Message me with any questions. I also put some house rules in a thread so check that one out too when you can. Feel free to post any rules suggestions there. Talk to you soon
Old 10-11-2018, 04:23 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3023
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Hello everyone! I'll be playing Ron, your friendly local thug and kneecap-breaker with aspirations of being something a little better. But the potential to be something really worse...

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:53 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4707
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Hello everyone. I'm new to Exandria, but it looks like we're going to have a lot of fun exploring it before it all gets sucked down a hole to the endless void.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:21 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3966
Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands
Wow! I'm pumped that I got picked and I'm really looking forward to the game
Old 10-11-2018, 05:36 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3516
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Hi folks. I’m really looking forward to playing this game. I have to admit that when I was building Confire I got a bit carried away and kind of fell in love with this petty little lowlife, I can’t wait to play him!

@kymrel: I have a feeling that Ron and Confire would have crossed paths before. You mention in your backstory that Ron would sometimes go to collect debts only to be sold a line by the mark, could Confire be one of these guys? He kinda has a way of wheedling out of things. I thought that maybe they could be friendly, that Confire tries to stay on Ron’s good side for protection and maybe Ron can see that Confire has been trying to be a better person. Make sense?
Old 10-11-2018, 07:13 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3023
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
@kymrel: I have a feeling that Ron and Confire would have crossed paths before. You mention in your backstory that Ron would sometimes go to collect debts only to be sold a line by the mark, could Confire be one of these guys? He kinda has a way of wheedling out of things. I thought that maybe they could be friendly, that Confire tries to stay on Ron’s good side for protection and maybe Ron can see that Confire has been trying to be a better person. Make sense?
That sounds like a good idea. So Ron was sent, by himself, to collect from Confire, got sold a fantastic story about why payment wasn't forthcoming and got chewed out by his bosses for relaying that story. Let's say that he still thinks everything Confire told him is the truth and feels like his bosses treated him unfairly. I would be interested to hear the blurb version of the story, of course!

Ron would, however, have a hard time telling if Confire is trying to be a better person. He's the type of guy that latches on to someone that impresses him and I think it would make sense to leave it open for the start of the game to see who he's going to try to latch on to in the group. They could be friendly, and it makes sense for Confire to try to get on Ron's good side when they are working together. After all, Ron has a reputation and it's better to have people like him on your side...

@4eyedBadger, Ron's sheet should be just about done, unless you want me to change something. I've added a link in the character thread (and here). I've also put a statblock-spoiler at the bottom there, which I intend to put at the bottom of all my IC posts for easy reference.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by kymrel; 10-11-2018 at 07:17 AM.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:24 AM
Precisely when I mean to.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 920
AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood
I'm excited to build out Ada and flesh out some of the darker moments of her past.

I'll be in and out of the "masks" thread today! Look forward to familiarizing myself with everyone's characters.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:18 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3516
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kymrel View Post
That sounds like a good idea. So Ron was sent, by himself, to collect from Confire, got sold a fantastic story about why payment wasn't forthcoming and got chewed out by his bosses for relaying that story. Let's say that he still thinks everything Confire told him is the truth and feels like his bosses treated him unfairly. I would be interested to hear the blurb version of the story, of course!

Ron would, however, have a hard time telling if Confire is trying to be a better person. He's the type of guy that latches on to someone that impresses him and I think it would make sense to leave it open for the start of the game to see who he's going to try to latch on to in the group. They could be friendly, and it makes sense for Confire to try to get on Ron's good side when they are working together. After all, Ron has a reputation and it's better to have people like him on your side...
That all sounds good. How about the following is the story Confire told Ron? I think he would have kept it as vague as possible.

Quote:
"I'm workin' on somethin' big, man, it's just, it's just not quite ready yet. But when it happens, we'll be rich! We'll have so much money it'll make old man Vas look like a beggar! Well, when he was alive I mean. Look, we'll split the haul, okay? You'll get your share, I can pay back your boss, everyone is happy!"

"What? Details? Well, I don't want to say too much, y'know, ears everywhere, but it's an out-of-town job. I just need the right crew. We need to head west for a bit. And the best bit? No consequences! When we get the money, nobody will come lookin' for it! We can say anythin'... a... an old dragon hoard, how about that? We'll say we stumbled on it, the dragon was gone, maybe dead. No, we can say we killed it ourselves! May as well, who's going to question it? I mean, we'll have the money, what more proof do they need?"

"Okay? Are we good? Great, I knew I could count on you. But, look, keep it quiet, okay? I don't want to have to share this with too many, y'know, lowlives. This is just for us, and maybe a couple more people we can totally trust, okay?"

Edit; oh, and Badger, my character sheet is, I think, complete too (got to confess, I copied some of kymrel's, it was so neat and succinct). And I've added a stat block onto the bottom of my character bio.

Last edited by Lazer; 10-11-2018 at 08:21 AM.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:37 AM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6097
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Hello, everyone! I'm going to play your stoic professional who will hopfully learn how to have some fun-- or at least relax and not have a coronary XD maybe he will even take up his true calling of adventure in the process. Or, decide to stay as another cog in the machine of murder!
Looking forward to this game And playing with all of you and your awesome characters.

I took the Oath of Sangus
Old 10-11-2018, 08:48 AM

Tools
User Statistics
AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood
@4eyedBadger

This may be a home-brew kinda call for you:
Ideally, Ada carries around a small barrel that hitches to her backpack (think Saint Bernard rescue dogs and their little kegs). A standard barrel is huge (70 lbs.), so can I pay a gold piece or two for a custom barrel that ferments and holds a few liters of ale? Maybe 20 lbs.?

I like the idea that when we camp or goof off Ada can break out a travel mug and hand out samples of the latest stout or red ale she has cooked up. Whatever you think I'm fine with.

Last edited by AmonBlackwood; 10-11-2018 at 08:48 AM.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:06 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonBlackwood View Post
This may be a home-brew kinda call for you
Was this a pun?? If so, I like it! Anyway, I think it’s a neat idea. If you get the Brewer’s Supplies artisan kit let’s say it’s included. If you get the barrel separately I think a GP is reasonable.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:19 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Also for Ada, Lathander would be the god known as the Dawnfather in Exandria. He’s almost identical. His domains are Light and Life. He is the keeper of time and the lord of agriculture and harvest. He defeated the betrayer god known as the Chained Oblivion (Tharizdun) during The Calamity. He is very popular throughout the land of Tal’Dorei. His commandments are: Be vigilant against evil. Relieve the suffering of innocents. Deliver the light of the Dawnfather where darkness dwells, with kindness, compassion, and mercy.

Last edited by 4eyedBadger; 10-22-2018 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:30 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Part 1: I will be doing that, so perfect. And wink wink, ha!

Part 2: Dawnfather it is! Fits just right.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:09 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
You guys work fast! Character sheets are looking great and I like the stat blocks/action reminders at the bottom. Very cool!

And Lazer, I hope Confire feels a little guilty. Ron almost got his own nose broken when he came back empty handed!