RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e > Archived
twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 01:27 PM
Uncertainty Lich

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5150
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
12: Legends Never Die (Archived)

Date: February 20th
Orrin and Sapphire
Orrin's phone rings. It's his grandfather.

OoC: Avner, Drach, you two can describe the scene you're in when the phone rings. I only ask that you be *somewhere* on Earth. This is after two weeks of 'free time' and about a week after Orrin's birthday.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 10-18-2018 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:08 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8089
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
It was day four of bouncing around to small Amusement Parks around the Southern part of the globe. Given the time of year, few if any were open in Europe or North Central Asia, but Sapphire had found a few. They were currently in AussieWorld in Palmview, Queensland.

Sapphire was wearing a yellow sundress over blue jean shorts with cowboy boots on and her hair pulled up with what appeared to be no less than two dozen tiny hair clips. Of course, she had wayfarer sunglasses on.
They were drying off after riding on some kind of rollercoaster/water ride with Orrin trying to win something for his 'girl' at ball-knock-down-the-bottles game, but having a hard time as Sapphire would either tickle him while throwing, or blow in his ear, or put her boot against the back of his knee. She can't remember when she's had more fun or laughed more in her life over the past week or so.

Before this it was castle tours for a day or so, but this had proven too cold for her liking, so she'd let Orrin pick a place to sight see and visit for a few days before she landed them at a Formula One race in South Africa with seats on a corner that let you feel the power of the Million dollar cars as they made the turn and then hit full throttle.
Then, she'd started her out of the way, small Amusement park tour. It was a good time of year for it too as it wasn't anywhere near peak season and there wasn't anything in the way of a crowd.
"You're gonna wear the hat if I buy it", she said, pointing to what the cart vendor wanted you to think all people going on a "walk about" in the outback wore these days. Truthfully though, it was probably made in another country where they had cheap labor and knew how to dye and dry a straw hat to make it look like something it wasn't.
To Sapphire, it looked like a beat up cowboy hat, a fact she shouldn't have said out loud as it didn't help her cause any.
"C'mon. You'll look cute in it", she teased wondering how far she could push the issue and if he'd go along for the laugh.

Then he took aim again with the ball and she held up her hands in surrender as if she wasn't going to do anything.

<<OOC: Avner, feel free to take any liberties as you see fit. I like the "we're normal people," world traveler vibe for some time off.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 10-18-2018 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:31 AM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24217
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Orrin had not thought about Aetos in weeks. It had been amazing actually taking the time to be human again. Everything about C.C. had been a refreshing breath of fresh air and it was the first time he had thought about himself since his father had died. Since then he had been taking care of his mother and grandfather, the farm, then he had the whole Golem business, then the Champion business which all came with a huge topping of Aetos on top. Since he fled from him in South America with Sammy to the last battle where they had chased him from Death's doorsteop it all seemed to be moving from one bit of chaos ot the next.

Then C.C came along and he realized what a dark place it was taking him to with every moment he forgot more and more what he was fighting for. She taught him to remember himself and what it was like to be human, probably more human than he had ever been. There was a large part of him that had felt guilty about it since he most definitely was not human, but he pushed it down and smothered it with joy as he hopped from one place to another with C.C.

Fine I wear the hat and your going to Santorini with me to look at rocks. he joked.

It had been on his agenda for awhile and with C.C. he almost felt up to the task. If he was trying to bring the Golems back then he would need to know where they came from to begin with beyond tales from Athena and Poseidon. Just as he turned around a through the ball at a stack of bottles easily knocking them from the pedestal and breaking one with the force of his throw. When the vendor gave him a look he just shrugged. Just then his phone began to ring.

When he looked down at the number he froze in shock. He hadn't heard from his grandfather in a long time. Pressing the button to accept the call he put it up to his ear not sure what to expect.

Hello this is Orrin. he answered.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:16 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
"Can.... you wear a bikini there?", she said, teasing him as he reared back to throw.

Sapphire cheered when Orrin knocked all the bottles over and leaned over the counter to claim her prize. She heard the ring and was thinking he'd ignore it as she chatted up the vendor, "Since when is a kangaroo blue?" She pointed to a Koala bear and then heard Orrin answer.

She turned around, ignoring the stuffed koala bear the vendor had put on the counter.

She saw the seriousness on his face, and more importantly, heard the tone. Instinctively,
Dice Perception:
1d20+9 (14)+9 Total = 23
she looked around, sizing people up around them.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:29 AM
Uncertainty Lich

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Orrin and Sapphire
"Orrin, son," your grandfather says somberly. "We need to talk, and I don't want to do it over the phone. We'll be in Calgary within the hour, can you meet us there?"

Nobody seems to be paying inordinate attention to Orrin or his phone call, though the carnie still seems rather irked at Orrin's strength.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:38 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Satisfied they aren't being spied on, Sapphire still hasn't gotten over Nova hitting her on another part of this continent several weeks back, so her guard isn't down. Leaning towards hyper-aware, she notices the vendor shooting glares as he has to deal with the broken bottle.

She pulls a 20 Kanga note out of her pocket and flashes it at him. "Will this cover your trouble?", she asks. And when he moves to take it, she
Dice Sleight of Hand:
1d20+14 (16)+14 Total = 30
flashes her fingers as she rolls her wrist and the bill disappears. She shows him both sides of her hand to reveal that the bill just vanished into thin air and then shakes her head at him as if to say, you have no idea who you are dealing with.

She then says, "The customer is always right", in her full hillbilly accent, and slaps the bill down on the counter with her other hand while she scoops up her Koala with the other.

She then turns and keeps her eyes on the crowd and people moving by as she waits for Orrin to let her in on the call.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 10-19-2018 at 09:40 AM.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:49 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Orrin
Orrin gives C.C. a concerned look. Sure thing Pop. I'm going to need to bring a friend though. I'll introduce you when you get there. See you soon. he responds hanging up the phone once his grandfather does.

He thanks the carnie before casually putting his arm around C.C. and deliberately turning away from the crowds. So you know that family I keep going on about? Good news is it looks like your going to get to meet 'em. Bad news is we need to be there in an hour. he explains. Odds are this isn't a recreation trip, my family is on the run. They wouldn't risk meeting me unless they had to. Time is of the essence.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:28 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Sapphire asks where, and upon hearing the city she nods. "Hope you're ready for a lot of climate changes. Let's get out of the way here first."
Taking her Koala with her, she finds an indoor bathroom area with no cameras, and pulls them both into the Family bathroom. As soon as the door is closed, she jumps them to the hotel they were staying at, grabs the few things they both had along, and nods that she's ready.
She takes a moment to open a portal to somewhere that was real quick off to one side and then pulls out the hat and puts it on Orrin's head.
And then they're off. Destination, Calgary, with an few odd stops along the way that is moving in more or less that direction. Being on land instead of water helps.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:54 PM
Uncertainty Lich

Tools
User Statistics
Orrin and Sapphire
You arrive in Calgary after a mere 20 minutes, giving you plenty of time to beat Pop to... wherever he's going here.

OoC: Moving past the fact that Orrin never TOLD Sapphire where they were going...
Old 10-20-2018, 09:50 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Orrin

Orrin looks around for a clothing store realizing their a bit underdressed for the weather. We've got a little time to make it look like we weren't just in South America. Lets gear up before we meet them. Orrin explains as he walks into the store. Finding some quick flannel and carhart jackets he makes some purchases so they can fit in. Once done he sends his grandfsther a text asking for their meeting spot.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:00 PM
Uncertainty Lich

Tools
User Statistics
Orrin and Sapphire
TextStatue of Robert the Bruce. Should be there in ten minutes.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:12 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Sapphire has a sour look on her face as they exit the store with her wearing what passes for store brand jeans, a white thermal shirt under a flannel shirt, and a carhartt jacket. She got her cowboy boots close enough to what she liked, but that was about it.

"I have to meet your family... in this? I will never get past this first impression. And my hair is atrocious. And I haven't put on makeup in like... 4 days. Au natural' you said, remember?"

She caught herself, realizing he had enough to worry about with this sudden meeting, and grabbed his arm, "I'm fine. Really. Just trying to take your mind off... things s'all."
Old 10-20-2018, 11:58 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Orrin
Orrin shrugged off C.C.'s concern. We're farmers remember? As far as they are concerned you ARE dressed up. I'm sure me ma hasn't had much time for a makeover these days. Orrin explained. Aetos has been quiet which means he's either scared or up to no good. Orrin added in contemplating. Something is definitely up and I dont think it going to be simple.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:09 AM

Tools
User Statistics
C.C. stops walking and pulls him to one side, her body up against his, face to face, not in a flirty way, but in a get your attention kind of way.

"Look. It's going to be okay. Okay? If Aetos shows up, well... I'll just kick his ass. Okay? And if your family is in trouble me and Blue can get them safe right quick. Right?" She holds an index finger up to his face, and the side of the tip facing him glows blue slightly.

Very corny, intentionally so and with her accent, she says, "I gotchur back Boo."

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 10-21-2018 at 12:10 AM.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:32 PM

Tools
User Statistics
If Aetos shows up you vet my ma out of here. The rest of us will need to die. Orrin says cooly the wight pressing on his shoulders weighing down in him.

Orrin stares off into the distance. Get her safe and I'll end this once and for all.