RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Oct 22nd, 2018, 09:05 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14645
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Characters

Please move your application here and include a link to your character sheet.
Old Oct 22nd, 2018, 02:35 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 575
PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab

Last edited by tomplum; Mar 4th, 2019 at 02:18 PM.
Old Oct 22nd, 2018, 02:52 PM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2579
Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat

Last edited by tomplum; Sep 5th, 2019 at 08:03 AM.
Old Oct 22nd, 2018, 06:12 PM
Not a gnome

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1238
Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin

Last edited by tomplum; Feb 12th, 2019 at 09:14 AM.
Old Oct 23rd, 2018, 06:08 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8306
Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands
The black sheep of the family
right-aligned image
Name: Shishia Firbone
Race: Ghostwise Halfling
Class: Monk
Background: Outlander
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Description: As pictured. Shishia always keeps her hair tied in the simple, polished cooper bands inherited from her grandmother, as well as a pine cone her little sister took from their ancestral home when the two ran away.
Trait:
  • i. When possible, she drinks more ale than water.
  • ii. Confident and competitive, Shishia loves nothing more than a challenge.
Bond: Shishia's youngest sister is out there, and so are her slavers. She will die before she fails to find both.
Ideal: Vigor. A life lived with passion and enthusiasm is a life well-lived, morality aside.
Flaw: Temper temper! While she doesn't seek out insult, the eldest child of the Firbone clan finds it incredibly difficult to turn the other cheek or back down from a fight.
Personality:

Backstory:

RP Sample:

Last edited by Vislands; Oct 23rd, 2018 at 06:10 AM.
Old Oct 23rd, 2018, 04:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14645
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
First post is up, here.
Old Oct 24th, 2018, 08:52 PM
Chicane dans ta cabane

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5835
Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra

Last edited by tomplum; May 2nd, 2019 at 10:26 AM.
Old Feb 11th, 2019, 03:24 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9489
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Rinn
right-aligned image
Name: Rinnolen 'Rinn' Liandar
Race: High Elf
Height: 6'0
Weight 155lbs
Class: Sorcerer - Draconic Bloodline
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Nobel
  • Traits: I've spent my life in one place and I have little practical experience dealing with people in the rest of the world. I would rather make a new friend than a new enemy.
  • Ideal: Change: I openly oppose the laws of intolerance, and believe trade and commerce is the way to prosperity.
  • Bond: Vengeance: I come from a noble family, and one day I'll reclaim my lands and title from those who stole them from me. People: I protect those who cannot protect themselves.
  • Flaw: Banished: The tyrant who rules my land will stop at nothing to see me remained in exile or worse. Isolated: I am nave to many different cultural and racial differences.
Appearance/Personality:
Rinn has always preferred to keep his silver-white hair short, finding it easier to manage than the traditional longer styles of Areth Taest. By his looks alone he doesn’t appear a day older than twenty, but if one cared to ask, he is over a century old. As with most Elves, Rinn is more diplomatic and reserved by nature, opting to ask questions and resolve the situation without bloodshed. However, if there is no other reasonable way to avoid a fight he reveals a focused and relentless side. When threatened or angered his pupils constrict into cat-like slits, betraying the draconic bloodline.

Rinn doesn’t wear armor, as a sheen of silver scales give him natural protection. Most of these scales are kept from prying eyes other than the back of his hands. He wears the colors of the Lindar family-- dark blues, silver and blacks. While traveling the barren hills, he wears a cloak that keeps his Elvish appearance hidden, however there is little he can do to hide the traditional noble markings on his face. Before leaving, and under the cover of night, Rinn stole Kasulafain (or in Common tongue ‘Silverbane) the family weapon. It is his by right, anyway.

Rinn has never left Areth Taest until his banishment by his sister. Because of this, he is inexperienced in most things and much of the cultural customs get lost in translation. Slang and idioms often leave him confused.

Background:

Early Life

RP Sample

I took the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Odyssey; Oct 8th, 2019 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Added an RP sample because I had a cool, random idea!
Old Feb 12th, 2019, 06:47 PM
Half Elf, Half Mad

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2339
Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel

Last edited by tomplum; Sep 5th, 2019 at 08:03 AM.
Old Mar 4th, 2019, 01:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14298
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Xadia Elroch
right-aligned image
Name: Xadia Elroch

Race: Human

Class: Life Cleric

Alignment: Lawful Good

Description: Xadia is now in her mid-twenties. She has long black hair and deep green eyes which stand out against alabaster skin.

Personality: Xadia made a conscious choice in her late adolescence to dedicate her life to the protection and care of others. She is soft spoken, selfless, and refrains from excess. The latter is more out of habit than anything else. Her selflessness isn't so much of a calculated decision as it is a result of her giving everything she has to those who need it more, which in her mind, is everyone. She thinks of herself last which has impacted her life in negative ways that she hasn't really started to comprehend yet. She is easily taken advantage of but strong when it comes to the defense of others. She is torn lately by the desire to do more than just help those of her small town, and a fear that if she leaves that those in need will fall to the wayside with no one to care for them.

Backstory: Unlike most who take up the adventuring life, Xadia has a loving family waiting back home for her. A mother and father who have been married for almost thirty-five years, an older brother and two older sisters. Xadia is the baby of the family, always loved and doted on. However, at the age of fifteen her eldest sister's youngest child fell ill with a wasting disease. Her family, afluent as it was, called upon healers from near and far, yet no one could help. Xadia watched helpless as her sister sat ever vigilant over the child, beginning to waste away herself because she refused to eat and was afraid to sleep else something happen. Xadia, never one to be particularly pious, started spending hours in prayer to the Martyr Evelyn, begging that her mercy be delivered to her sister and the young child. For a fortnight, Xadia spent almost all of her waking hours in the church, forsaking some of the other duties and activities she normally partook in. Xadia was about to leave one day when she ran into a woman wearing a necklace shaped in the holy symbol of Evelyn, one of the priestesses. After a brief conversation the woman agreed to see her nephew who she was able to cure after but a few hours. Xadia cried herself to sleep that night and upon morning brought many of her possessions to the church where they could be sold or given to those in need. She started spending her hours there, volunteering and caring for the sick and needy. Upon entering adulthood, she decided that she wanted to help somewhere with less access to the resources that the city had and set out for a town she'd heard of called Haven, a place that battled the darkness and gave hope to people who had none. She set out and has been a resident of Haven for almost four years.
Old Sep 3rd, 2019, 12:39 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10964
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Iris Kettering
right-aligned image
Name: Iris Kettering

Race: Human

Class: Paladin (Devotion)

Appearance: A young woman, barely more than a girl with auburn hair braided back to keep it out of her way. Iris doesn't quite manage to pull off the look of one of the knights in shining armor from her stories. Her armor and weapons are battered and worn, scavenged together from bits and pieces that she was able to beg, borrow or barter from the other families in the area. Still, she wears it proudly and manages to project an aura of earnest dedication. Around her neck hangs one of the few pieces of adornment she wears, an unfinished red gemstone of uncertain providence. It is tied with a hemp cord. The stone was found by her little sister who wove into into a necklace and presented it to Iris for her naming day.

Personality: Iris is an idealist at heart, somewhat at odds with her intensely practical upbringing. She idealizes old stories of knights and battles and victories, not for their glory but for the faultless chivalry of the characters portrayed. The heroes of the past were always eager to throw themselves into the path of danger to save someone else, or to protect the greater good. That is the life she longs to achieve for herself. She holds her family in high regard, but has little desire to follow in their footsteps, eking out what living she can among the Empty Hills. Instead she longs for a greater purpose, something to drive her forward and let her test the mettle of her character against the challenges of the world. Unfortunately, she has recently come face to face with harsh reality. The threat, when it came, was leveled at her family instead of herself. Her sister has been kidnapped and she cannot help but wonder if the Goddess is punishing her for her hubris. She wished for excitement and adventure, but her loved one is paying the price.

Backstory: As you said, this could be worked out collaboratively. But I'm leaning towards a hedge knight sort of vibe with a loose affiliation with the Order of the Spear itself. She grew up on the stories of Evelyn and her martyrdom and the heroes of the Order. But lacking the funds and connections to travel to the capital, she stayed local, trying to live up to her idealized version of a Knight of the Spear.

I imagine her swearing her oath under a local priest, or the last old knight who traveled through the region before Rhyfel completely stopped bothering to maintain any permanent presence in the region.

Stat BlockIris Kettering | Human | Paladin (Devotion) | Level 3

HP: 31/31 | AC: 18 | PP: 10 | Speed: 30ft

Stats: Str 16 (+3), Dex 11 (+0), Con 14 (+2), Int 11 (+0), Wis 11 (+0), Cha 15 (+2)

Attacks: Attack +5 ; 1d8+3 slashing damageLongsword, Attack +5 ; 1d6+3 piercing damage; range 30/120Javelin

Skills: Animal Handling +2 | Athletics +5 | Persuasion +4 | Survival +2

Languages: Common, Halfling

Relevant Equipment: Longsword, Javelin (5), Chain Mail, Shield

When you are wielding a melee weapon in one hand and no other weapons, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls with that weapon.Fighting Style: Duelist , When you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack, you can expend one spell slot to deal radiant damage to the target, in addition to the weapon’s damage. The extra damage is 2d8 for a 1st-level spell slot, plus 1d8 for each spell level higher than 1st, to a maximum of 5d8. The damage increases by 1d8 if the target is an undead or a fiend, to a maximum of 6d8.Divine Smite , The divine magic flowing through you makes you immune to diseaseDivine Health

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	token_iris.png
Views:	6
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	81895  

Last edited by hafrogman; Jan 29th, 2021 at 11:05 AM.
Old Sep 4th, 2019, 09:55 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1736
Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager
Iris Kettering
right-aligned image
Name: Thokk, the Dazzling

Race: Half Orc

Class: Bard (Swords)

Appearance: When 'off the clock' as he likes to call it Thokk dresses in well-maintained travellers clothes with his sword slung at his hip when adventuring he can usually be found dressed in heavier attire and carrying a pair of curved scimitars. In either case, he wears a long flowing coat and thick leather gloves, the cut and style of which have been chosen to compliment his immaculately groomed tusks, styled beard and waxed hair.

On the road he always takes his 'overnight bag', a kit full of makeups, scissors, razors and polishes to keep him looking his best. It also doubles as a handy way to knock up a disguise, if necessary, but being 'show ready' is far more important to Thokk.

Personality: Thokk is outgoing, friendly and charming, as long as you stay on his good side. He's also terrifying and monstrous when crossed. It's all too easy when enjoying tea with a well-mannered man dressed like a fop that his mother was a tribal battle leader and that he takes after her as well as his minstrel father. Thokk is convinced he is the most talented performer that has ever walked the realm, and that he just needs a chance to show it. Skilled in only the most annoying of instruments (Bagpipes, Drum and Bugle), he nevertheless manages to draw a crowd wherever he chooses to perform. Over the last few years, he has taken to incorporating displays of martial skill into his routines as well as acrobatics that look out of place for a man his size.

Thokk's displays are equal parts amazing and funny, and that's just the way he likes it. Being thought a bit the clown both lets him fit in easier with humans and makes him all the more intimidating when his face becomes stony and he is forced to remind someone that whilst he is a bard, he is a Half-Orc bard.

Backstory: Happy to talk through this, do you have a starting point for me to build on? I've added the bit about his mother and father being an orc battle leader and human minstrel, but that could be changed if it doesn't work well for the setting/story.
Old Apr 5th, 2020, 11:33 PM
Shrubber

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23269
Halcyon Halcyon Halcyon Halcyon Halcyon Halcyon Halcyon Halcyon Halcyon Halcyon Halcyon
Cirrus Esintisi
right-aligned image
Name- Cirrus Esintisi
Age- 23
Description- Light blue skin with bright swirling lines etched down his exposed arms and across his forehead. Shorter than the average human but long-legged and too lean with thick white hair that flows up as if he is constantly falling. His nose is on the long, pointy side and his cheekbones are too prominent. His head is narrow and sloped so that his chin juts out. His ears are long and pointy. He could be mistaken for a lighter shade of drow, a very tall imp or a hornless, tailless tiefling, though he has friendly, smiling eyes and nice teeth. He moves quickly and is always glancing about furtively. His dark brown leather armor is worn and utilitarian, resembling some exotic military uniform and his cloak is made from a coarse, dark blue wool with a peculiar, elemental symbol inscribed on the back.
Race- Genasi, air
Class- Ranger (Horizon Walker)
Background- Elemental Rescue Core (Outlander variant)

Bond- I am duty-bound to find my way home and serve my Elemental Overlords
Ideal - The journey can be just as rewarding as the destination.
Trait 1- Fortune favors the bold. You can't reach your goals without taking risks
Trait 2- If someone is in trouble, I’m always ready to lend help.
Flaw 1- I am usually the best person for the job because I have the gifts of both mortals and elementals.
Flaw 2- I tend to get distracted by a myriad of new wonders and experiences that don't exist on my world.

Last edited by Halcyon; Apr 6th, 2020 at 09:39 AM.