twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 09:13 AM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55617
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
February POTM

It's the second month of the year already, and now is the time to nominate your best writer and post for Post of the Month.

Maybe it's your own... that's okay. Sometimes, greatness lies within. Or maybe someone else in your gaming group was inspired, or was inspiring.

Nominate them here, now, for their February post.

No one wins, if you don't do you part and nominate them.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:54 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 51790
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Nominee: Inem
Game: Carrion Crown
GM: Sass
Link: Here

Reason: This isn't going to be everyone's cuppa, but this post was a lifesaver for CC. Over the last year and a half our rate has become very much a shadow of what it once was, and we've done our best to crawl out of that. As such, as need a recap, and Inem took it upon himself to recap the entirety of the current chapter for everyone so everyone is up to speed on the current investigation, which will take at least half the year if not longer, provided our current post rate continues.

Inem does a fantastic job of summing things up going back to 2017, and everyone loves him. You should love him too. LOVE HIM, DAMN YOU.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 571
RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77
Name: JRod
Game: West Marches/New Year's Festival - The Talent Gauntlet
DM: ihinka
Link

Reason: For someone to take a series of Bad Rolls and turn them into a humorous and entertaining post is Amazing.

Samred Genrona - Half Elf Rogue | Excelsior - Half Elf Ranger

Last edited by RedWolfe77; 02-11-2019 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:13 PM
The red pandas are coming
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15503
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Nominee: Ion2Atom
Game: Dawn of Darkness
GM: Kapera
Link: Here

Reason: This is a game taking place in a small isolated village where nothing strange or unexpected ever happens, until something strange and unexpected happened. The second-born child of each founding family always wears a necklace until a new second-born comes into the family, when it is passed on. Right now, in the game, all the second-borns found themselves drawn to the riverbank in the dead of night at the same time, where the village helper, Thomas, was waiting for them with a boat and packs for each of them, to take them across the river to the ancient ruins that had never seemed strange, until today.

Ion is playing an intelligence-based character, and his portrayal of Jeanie here is fantastic. I actually felt like I was getting insight into a brilliant, well-structured mind, and he does a great job of assembling all the evidence available so far.

Old 02-20-2019, 02:55 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12278
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Nominee: JackinIrons
Game: Monsterhearts - Stuck outside the Magic Kingdom
GM MC: Wynamoinen
Link

Reason - This game is Powered by the Apocalypse, which most of us are using for the first time. I'm relying on my players to drive the story. They're making and picking plotlines, deciding which NPCs are interesting to interact with, and often playing those NPCs themselves. They also are setting up the scenes so that they can have the interactions they want. (Cut away to an image of the MC sitting on a beach sipping a daiquiri out of a coconut). With that much autonomy, the threads can be a mess.

Jack here is pulling the group back together, tidying up our little mess. His character, Ella, is a Hollow - she didn't exist until recently, and is desperately looking for an identity, often clawing it from others. Jack is characterizing her great, while setting the new scene, while introducing a new NPC into the game, while creating space for the other players to join up with Ella (who had previously run off to make kissyface in a private suite). He's telling his story and introducing new aspects into the scene. We get insights into all sorts of aspects of that hellscape we call the American High School. What more can you want in a single post?

Last edited by Wynamoinen; 02-20-2019 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:51 AM
I'm your huckleberry

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3533
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
Nominee: Andor
Game: Holiday with the Smiths
GM: girlplay
Link

Reason: The story is about a dysfunctional family that is trying to come back together for their dying matriarch. There are four siblings (Randy, Bea, Arabella, James), some significant others, a small army of NPCs, and ... Billy (played by Andor). Billy comes from the 'black sheep' side of the family. In this particular scene, Billy and the oldest sibling Bea (Wynamoinen) are getting reacquainted after Randy (Roekahs), whom Billy feels closest to in the family, broke some bad news to Billy. Andor does such a great job capturing so many aspects of this character, from his upbringing to feeling like an outsider to a couple splashes of humor.

PS. Wynamoinen's lead in to this is well worth a read as well...

Last edited by Roekahs; 02-22-2019 at 07:52 AM.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:05 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2620
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Nominee: Code H
Game: Lucid Dreamers
GM: AwesomeEli
Link

Reason: Hello all, long time poster, first time nominator. But this post by Code H pretty much demanded something more than rpxp. It is a characterization post, and the brilliance of it is that it needs no background or explanation. It speaks entirely for itself. It is humorous and a bit sad and gets across this character so completely and almost cinematically that I feel like I have been playing alongside him for months or even years (though I haven't). That's what I think anyway. See what you think.

Last edited by UngainlyFool; 02-26-2019 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:48 PM
This Guy!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9221
JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons
Player: Kapera
Game: Guardians of the North
GM: LeoByron

Reason for Nomination: This game has always been filled with great writing, but this post stood out to me. The way Kapera portrays the character with such a sense of innocence and wonder is striking next to the darkness it's paired with. Her curiosity is child-like and the her speech patterns make sense but evoke the partial language barrier so well. It's a very enjoyable read for me.

Old 03-02-2019, 10:15 PM
neighbor to the beast.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11017
goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal
Player: Inem
Game: Carrion Crown
GM: Sass

Link

Reasons: Well, apparently I’m not the first to nominate Inem for a Carrion Crown post this month. But this was a great post in an entirely different way than the other post he was nominated for. This post isn’t about summarizing a year and a half of play. Instead it shows a lot of character development that occurred over that year and a half. Inem’s character, Hrani, has been paranoid since joining the game over two years ago. In this post we start to see some changes to that as he shows a growing trust in one of the other party members. The reasons for this change are based on things that occurred in the posts leading up to this. Seeing a character change so far into a campaign is always a welcome treat.

Closed Thread