twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 08:08 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 58796
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
March POTM

Whether March is coming in like a lion, or gently like a lamb, now is the time to nominate your best writer and post for Post of the Month.

Maybe it's your own... that's okay. Sometimes, greatness lies within. Or maybe someone else in your gaming group was inspired, or was inspiring.

Nominate them here, now, for their March post.

No one wins, if you don't do you part and nominate them.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18390
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Long time listener, first time callerPlayer: rhaiber
Game: Academy of Heroes
GM: dalarangreen

Reason: Rhaiber puts in 110% into each of their posts, and the result is the near insane amount of energy and frantic dialog in all of Spindletop's interactions. I've thought of nominating them for several of their posts for various reasons but this post exemplifies all of their best hits. Stange off the wall stories, frantic energy, a focus on fine detail, and eye-catching formatting. It has been my please to RP with them for as long as I have

See for yourself!

Old 03-31-2019, 02:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9653
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
NominationPlayer: DemonSlayer
Game: A Name in the Stars
DM: HQD

Reason: In Game Mechanics, Demonslayer made an extremely unlikely roll against an attack that would have most likely killed him while completely paralyzed. The way that roll was turned from a simple game mechanic to one that perfectly fit the scene and the circumstances is a well crafted masterpiece. Their quotes and posts are always wonderful reading.

Old 03-31-2019, 10:42 PM
Nargle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29517
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu
Player nominated: Arkaon (playing an enemy NPC)
Game: Legacy of Fire
DM: PIG

Context: The Carrion King is the leader of a cult of gnolls devoted to the ancient god Rovagug, Enemy of the Gods and of all Creation. The 'pafe' to gnollsPCs have just infiltrated the King's throne room, intent on delivering the world from this evil threat. The alarm has been raised; Rohekk Woundsong, second (or is it third?) in command to the Carrion King, responds.

Old 04-01-2019, 11:41 PM
This Guy!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11282
JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons
Player: JackinIrons
Game: Guardians of the North
GM: LeoByron

Reason for Nomination: There were a lot of good posts to read through, but after looking through things, this post that I wrote for Oota was the one that stuck with me the most. I really liked the power that came through - in the strength of emotion and his willingness to be sacrificed. Desire even, considering he is a slave and has nothing to go home to. There is also the anger at his own companion, who he thinks is being too stubborn. This blurb doesn't really do it full justice, but the post is an excellent representation of a complex character.

Old 04-03-2019, 10:26 AM
Roma Invicta

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1954
Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382
Player nominated: tomplum
Game: Banquet of the Damned
GM: fromthe1980s

Reason for Nomination: I've played in a couple games with tomplum and his posts are always witty and funny. This post stuck out as we are in a new game and his new character, Kerwin, is slight averse to the concept of hard work. This post gives great insight into the psyche of Kerwin and his flaws (if you see it that way). The quirks of his character make it very interesting. It's my first time nominating for PotM, but I figured this one is worth the shot!

Context: The party has just arrived in the town of Womford and found themselves in the local 'inn' (a barn where the food is cheap and tastes even cheaper!) when the local baron came in asking for help investigating a suspicious fire right before the town pie contest! This is Kerwin's initial reaction to the request.

Last edited by Tommyk382; 04-03-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Closed Thread