twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 05:55 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6077
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
15: Wings of the Crow

Wraith
It's been barely half an hour since you've returned back to the base from the party when Fathom knocks on your door. "You ready to go do interviews?" she asks over Plaguenet.

Kodama
About a half hour after you get back from the party, there's an awkward rap at your door. "Uhm, Kodama?" a voice asks, taking you a moment to place. "Could I talk with you for a minute?"

It's Brendan.

Enoch
Sally chirps as she wakes up for the first time. "Hello, Enoch," she greets, looking up at you.

<<NEW FRIEND!>> Steve screeches, clambering up on to the desk. <<I'm Steve!! What's YOUR name?>>
"Sally."
<<Hi Sally!>>

Sapphire
Orrin rubs his chin as you return from Wraith's party. "Welp, I think I'm out of things to do for now," he says, looking down at you. "What's on your to-do list for today, babe?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Probably Me
"Then I will defy heaven!"

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 03-29-2019 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:52 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6539
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
Kodama frowns as soon as she places the voice, what the heck was he doing knocking on her door? This had better be good whatever it is. The only thing the man had going for him is that he had acquitted himself alright during the Brig mission. Nothing fancy, just solid from what she'd heard about. "Just a sec." She calls back, looking around her room, slightly messy from a lazy change back into her usual attire and doing the math in her head for how quickly she can clean up.

Naw, screw that, he doesn't get to come into my room.

Kodama opens the door, stepping out into the hallway and shuts her room door behind her. She regards the tall former Company assassin warily with her back against the door-frame. "What's on your mind, Brendan?"
Old 03-29-2019, 11:02 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4939
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
"Yeah. I think we should go up to Loki first. Isadora mention a couple of names I'd like to check on." Wraith said, going for his anti-material rifle with the usual mods. Takes some grenades too.

Last edited by Acathala; 03-29-2019 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:03 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Kodama
Brendan smiles awkwardly down at you. "I, uh, I wanted to apologize," he manages, shoving his hands in his pockets. "I'm sorry I was such an ******* when we met... I was having kind've a bad day and, well, and I was used to being an ******* before then, y'know? The whole 'killing people for a living', thing. So yeah, I'm sorry, and I'll try to be better about that."

Wraith
"Why not just ask Loki to sort all the prisoners out?" Fathom asks rhetorically. "Who do you want to ask him about? And you wanna let us in so we can get on upstairs?"
Quote:

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 03-30-2019 at 12:05 AM.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:10 AM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
"Okay Fathom." Wraith opens the door. "I'm not going to ask about them all." He takes them to Lord War. "Hey boss. Could you send us to Loki please?"
Old 03-30-2019, 12:22 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wraith
Kringle follows through after Fathom.

The three of you fall through a silver portal and land on the beach beside Loki. "What's up, guys?" he asks, looking up with a smile from behind his sunglasses.
Quote:
Old 03-30-2019, 12:24 AM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
Kodama blinks a few times as Brendan offers up an apology. She crosses her arms under her chest reflexively as she tries to suss out exactly what's going on here. Did someone put him up to this? Why is he even apologizing? It counts for something to make the gesture.. or does it? "Of course you were having a bad day, you walked into an ambush and got captured, basically. That's a bad day for anyone... but I mean... thank you? I just... I don't understand what's bringing this on, like, why you even feel the need to come to me like this." Kodama answers softly, looking up at Brendan and trying to be understanding, though the way this assassin looms over her isn't exactly comfortable.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:37 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Kodama
"Cause I know I was being an ass, and that you don't like me," Brendan admits, leaning back against the wall. "Figured I should act like an adult and apologize in person instead of just kinda letting things get worse. Didn't think I needed another reason to apologize, since I'm living in your house and everything."
Quote:

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 03-30-2019 at 12:37 AM.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:38 AM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
"Hey Loki. We've come to ask you about some of the prisoners please. Firstly what can you tell us about the Russian siblings? The vampires think they have some connection to angels."
Old 03-30-2019, 01:01 AM
Code for tacos

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6025
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Hi Sally. Nice to meet you. Enoch smiles. Steve, Sally is a person and gets PERSONAL SPACE just like everyone else, okay?

Enoch looks over to Kali. Sally, this is Kali. She's your boss, kay?

Is that all right?
Old 03-30-2019, 01:23 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wraith
"You could say that," Loki agrees. "The same way the T800 was connected to Skynet."

"Y're sayin' th' angels built them?"
"Ding ding ding," Loki says. "Animated golems, wound up and set loose to smack down demons and other evil in the middle of dead-ass nowhere. Wound up on the front lines, got snatched up by the company. But good luck telling them that. Surprising they didn't turn against the vamps."

Enoch
<<Kay,>> Steve replies, backing down from the robot.
"Okay, Enoch," Sally replies, the bot turning to look at Kali. "Hello, Boss."
"Oh, don't call me that, please," Kali requests, looking over to you. 'Yes... that's alright.' She squints at the robot. 'She's a person?'
"What would you like me to call you instead?" Sally asks.
Kali twists her mouth. 'I dunno...'
Quote:
Old 03-30-2019, 01:45 AM
Code for tacos

Tools
User Statistics
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

As much as Steve or the Empyrean are people, sure. You can consider her a pet, a helper, a friend, whatever you like.

Enoch looks to Kali. Ok, Sally will just call you by your name unless you decide differently. Then back to Sally. Is that all right?

I know I just kind of sprung this on you... If it's making you uneasy or if you have reservations please let me know, and she can just be Steve's little sister for awhile instead.
Old 03-30-2019, 01:51 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
'I'm uneasy... but that's only because it's a surprise,' Kali replies slowly, clasping her hands and looking from Sally to you. 'I think I'm going to walk with her for a bit and talk. To see. Then I'll tell you.'

"Sally, can you walk with me?" Kali requests aloud.
"Okay, Kali," Sally agrees, hopping down to the floor and skittering to stand beside the woman. "Okay... we're going to go for a walk, around the base," Kali says slowly, looking from you to Sally and back again as she turns toward the door.
Quote:
Old 03-30-2019, 01:54 AM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
Kodama nods in understanding, looking at Brendan analytically. She didn't like him because he killed people for The Company and no amount of apologies really changed that. It was hard to disentangle her feelings, she didn't even know if she should. Whether it was her responsibility to make allies of other Champions feel welcome or tolerated or whatever. "Well I do appreciate the gesture and the apology, but... I just have to know, for me. Did you like... ever feel bad? Or was it always just a job. Just money." Kodama knows what answer he'd probably think she wanted to hear, so she keeps her eyes leveled on Brendan.
Old 03-30-2019, 01:56 AM
Code for tacos

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

All right. Love you beautiful.

Enoch watches her go. Note to self... Think first, then act. He looks back to Steve. You'll get time to play later.